bmei

Level 10
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?
: NikiRP (Alt)
Do you have any previous bans?: Nope

What Country are you from?: United States

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes, niki#8573

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes, and I have used these resources to answer my questions.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I do understand that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
Yes, I completely understand.

Describe your activity on the server & the forums?:

I'm pretty active on the server on my main account since this account is pretty much inactive since it doesn't have any jobs yet, but I hope to use this account more often if this application gets accepted because currently my main, Nikiyo, is a college student and I think having a job would be awesome.

Moving on, my activity on the forums is another thing. I am pretty active on the forums and I have been ever since I made my forums account which was not too long ago.

I get home roughly about 3 pm PST every day besides obviously weekends, and I'm usually on till around 9 pm-11 pm PST. The weekend's it's from 10 am to 12 am PST.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/language-application.18576/

Spanish Application - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/french-language-application.17681/

French Application (on my old forums account) - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-application.18219/

Korean Application - Accepted

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/french-application.18462/

Another French Application - Accepted

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

My motivation for becoming a teacher on the server is to experience new roleplay situations and be able to improve on my typing and my roleplaying skills. The first time I entered a high school class on this server, I was in love with the roleplay aspect of it and the way the teacher taught and I told myself I wanted to be up there, teaching the students. I want to be able to inspire as well. Another reason is I kind of want to “grow my portfolio” so in the future if I apply for anything school-related, this application will be in my little application portfolio.

Another reason is that I want to have an account that isn’t a student. All my accounts have been students so far and It’s getting a tad bit boring, so I’m looking forward to exploring new roleplaying experiences and TeacherRP is apparent to me that it is the best application.

Last but not least, I think I am good for this position. I believe I'm sophisticated and mature enough to be this role, and I think I'm pretty friendly with most people I meet. I am very prepared to be in this field and I am ready to do what it takes.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
Yes, I do have experience on roleplaying as I’ve been roleplaying for a while, since probably 2015. I don’t have much experience on TeacherRP in Minecraft, but I do have lots of experience off of Minecraft. I’m pretty prepared for this though.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
I haven't read the faculty handbook because the link seems to be broken.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The classroom logs are logs that teachers fill out to prove that they taught the number of classes that they said they’ve taught. These are mainly there to make sure teachers are getting the precise amount of money they earned if they completed the required amount of classes and perhaps taught additional classes.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
If I’d like to start a school field trip, the first person I’d tell would be a staff member or someone in the Karakura Academics administration. If it got approved, I’d inform the students before it would take place to make sure they’re prepared and have enough time to attend and not have to leave in the middle of it.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The strict rules that I’d decide (If they weren’t decided beforehand) while being in an of mine class are as follows.

1. Be respectful to the teacher, your classmates, and any other staff that is in the room. Disrespect will not be tolerated and if it is caught, punishment may apply depending on how serious the disrespect is.
  2. Foul language or cussing/cursing is not acceptable at all and punishment will occur if it’s major. If it’s minor, a warning will be distributed to those who were using the foul language.
  3. Don’t use items that will disturb the class, such as phones, instruments, or large items that aren’t fit for the school. These items are only to be used if permission is granted from the teacher.
  4. Do not blurt or talk without permission. If it’s a “work with your partner” time, talking is permitted. Individual work time or when the teacher is holding a lesson, you are not allowed to talk without raising your hand and being called on.
  5. Do not talk back to any authority including your teacher and other administration. It’s extremely disrespectful and will not be permitted.
  6. Do not eat or drink inside the classroom without permission from the teacher.
  7. Do not use 18+ items inside of the classroom, as it isn't even allowed on school grounds.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
My previous RP experiences summarized end up in a medium paragraph. Most of my roleplay experiences happened on a little server called Beanblockz, where small role-play happened with only one setting and the character you played as was different every time. The roleplays I favored the most were school roleplays. I liked being a teacher and taking control, but other times I’d be a student. Onto SchoolRP, mainly the only roleplay I tend to participate in is StudentRP. All these roleplay experiences, even from my first ever roleplay which happened on some sort of now dead creative server have ended up in how I roleplay now.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:

The HD means Head of Department. They're in charge of the NQTs and the QTLS,

- QTLS:

The QTLs means qualified Teacher in Learning Skills. They're able to start and host a class without supervision and they're the middle rank between HD and NQT.

- NQT:

The NQT means Newly Qualified Teacher. They're new teachers and they're able to host a class but they're mostly being supervised by higher-ranked teachers.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

The purpose teachers' serve on the server and in-game are just to shape the server and roleplay. The server is based on a school roleplay, so one of the most important roles is a teacher. They're supposed to guide students and have a good influence on them. Classes wouldn't be the same if they were hosted by random folks, as these people with the Teacher rank on the server are carefully selected depending on their experience and how they answer the questions provided.

The salary teachers get is around 200k if they complete 15 classes a month. If they were to do additional classes, every 5 classes will be 50k added onto their paycheck.

During their spare time, most instructors like to spend time with their family or on themselves. Being a teacher is a very time-consuming task and only those who are willing to give up so much time and patience should be eligible to have this role. Some teachers might use their spare time to grade assignments, plan lessons, and focus on their job.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to the SchoolRP server because they make the server SchoolRP! I mean, the server is based on a school roleplay so having teachers in a school roleplay is very important. They're there to support the students, assist students, and encourage the students to fulfill what they need. They're there to make sure the students understand what they're being taught and making sure they're teaching it in a way that will make the student realize that learning can be fun sometimes.
Teachers are there to influence the students in a positive way. Teachers can also influence the students in a negative way which is not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system the school works on is must-have, should have, could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

'Kelsey' Parker is a Japanese lady. She would stand at 5'8 and would have an hourglass shape applied to her body. She'd have long, soft natural black hair and light blue eyes which tend to compliment her fair skin. All this added up would equal to her having a mysterious, mature look to her. Her face would have good proportions with a strong sense of symmetry. She'd have almost no makeup on and would usually have a blank expression. Kelsey is very family and work-orientated and she always wants to live up to others expectations. She strives to be the best mother, and be a little different from her own parents. She wanted to give her children the best life possible. She often encourages her students to be the best they can and offers to always support them if they need it, guiding them through what they need. She sets goals for herself and always recommends her students to set goals for themselves as well, to plan life out. The other teachers, well, she'd treat them like she'd treat about anybody else. With respect, kindness, and keeping civil with them. Not taking it too far and remembering that it's inappropriate for work to be discussing topics that she wouldn't say in front of her students. She's very kind to others and very respectful, though she's kept to herself. A perfectionist one might call her, or someone who is very straightforward and knows what they're going to do with their life. She always has someone's back and is always a helping hand to those who need it most. She plans to retire when she gets old and focus on her family, living the rest of her life the best she possibly can and making sure she gets the best out of it. Completing her goals, and possibly completing a bucket list.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

As soon as I would hear the slurs, I'd quickly go to whoever I believe or I know is using foul language. I'd confront them and ask them to stop or else they'd be faced with detention. If they still refuse, I'd tell them that I would happily send them to the higher-ups if they would like to continue their actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
At first, I'd stop and turn around if I am facing something else and stop talking for the moment being. If they continue talking and messing around even if I am not carrying on the lesson, I'd start trying to get their attention, maybe like raising my voice or clapping a couple of times to at least get most of the student bodies' attention. If it continues, I'd threaten the class with detention or staying after even if the class period ended.

If they still weren't listening, I'd give them detention or send them out of the classroom. Students should always be listening and I'd make that clear in my classes to guarantee they're getting the best education possible.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She'd be civil and open-minded, ready to listen to her co-workers if they're attempting to start up a conversation with her. If someone was to start up a discussion out of the blue, she would be friendly and very interested in the conversation as she's trying to pay as much respect as desirable to her co-workers, even if they aren't chatting with her.

If none of her co-workers are inside the teachers' lounge, she'd possibly be preparing for her next lesson and making sure she's tidy and ready. She might check her planner and fill it out, or perhaps make copies for her next lesson if she ran out.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She'd grab a pile of packets off her table and started making her way around the classroom, quickly handing out the packets to each student she passed
/me She'd smile to her students, picking up a small piece of chalk off the tray beneath the board

/me She'd take the chalk and quickly write her name, "Mrs. Parker" in cursive with the chalk.

/me She'd motion for the students to take out their notebook as she began to jot down notes onto the chalkboard.

/me She'd stroll around the room and would tap on _____'s desk in hopes to get their attention.

/me She'd glare at two students who were talking, raising her hand and putting her pointer finger over her mouth in hopes to shush them.

Backstory
Kelsea was born in 1980 in a quiet home in Tokyo, Japan. She was a happy child growing up, energetic, etc. She was described as a happy child who was often loving and giving affection to others. As she got older, her parents' expectations got larger and larger. As she entered grade school, she was expected to be at the top of her classes and always being successful. She was expected to only get As. A B or lower would get her yelled at. As she would carry on through her school life, living up to her parent's expectations, she decided that maybe moving to another country would help her learn more. She discussed this idea with her dear parents, and after hours of pleading, she finally convinced them. It was set that Kelsea was to move to the U.S.A for a couple of years to focus on her education and it did happen. She moved into her aunt Yukia's house for the time she spent there. Of course, Kelsea was focusing on her education and succeeding a lot. Realizing that she was from a different country, she needed to learn the native language there, English. She got the hang of it quickly surprisingly and was able to speak it fluently after a year of staying there. She found that she was very interested in English and that subject, and of course, it became the subject she was best at. Her studies became the focus of her life, and she realized she needed to take some time off. During that time, she met a guy named James Parker but he told her he wanted to go by Jamie. They became close pretty quickly, and feelings started getting involved. Long story short, Kelsea confessed to Jamie that she had feelings for him and also had feelings for her. As time went on, Kelsea graduated high school and went onto College with Jamie. She decided that she wanted to be something in the academic field, and Jamie suggested being a teacher. Kelsea thought this was an awesome idea so she agreed. Skipping ahead, Kelsea got pregnant with twins. Nicole Parker and Leo Parker. Kelsea graduated College with a Masters Degree. One of the first things she wanted to do was get a job, so she did. She thought of being a middle school teacher was probably the best idea. She applied for the job in hopes of getting chosen and well, she did. She worked at that job for a very long time. Fast-forwarding a bit more, Jamie and Kelsea got married and had another child, Lindsey Parker. Kelsea realized that her job wasn't treating her so well so she quit. The family decided they'd move to Karakura, right before tragedy struck. The Parkers got a call that was telling them that their father, Jamie Parker, had died in a car accident while coming home. They decided that they were definitely moving to Karakura to get a fresh start and job purposes, so they did. As soon as they got there, probably a week or two later, Kelsea applied to be an English teacher at the local high school. She thankfully got accepted, and that's where she is now. The entire family was happy. Leo and Nicole got into College but Lindsey was still stuck in highschool. But, eh! Highschool's great!

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name
: Kelsea Eiko Parker

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs.

Given Name(s): Kelsey, Kels

Preferred Name: I prefer "Mrs. Parker" from my students, but "Kelsey" or "Kelsea" from my friends, co-workers, and family.

Religious Denomination: Atheist

Marital Status: Widowed

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 5

Working Experience (# of years): 10

Academic Degree: Masters Degree

Year of Graduation: 2002 (Honestly, I don’t know if that’s possible but we’ll stroll with it!)

Major(s): English

Minors: Journalism, Psychology

Native Languages: Japanese and English

Other Languages: Spanish and French

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: I do not.

Preferred Teaching Subject: The subject I'd prefer to teach is English, but I'm open to teaching any subject besides that but hopefully not math because I have to admit I am not very good at math. But, if I were to pick two, my top two choices would be English & History.

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any)
: Thank you for reading my application! I spent a lot of time on this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- It may be a little informal, however, the information I'm looking for is there! The application is full of detailed responses. Welcome to the team.

Please DM me on Discord - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread