mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied English Teacher Application

Out of Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?
iicloudy_days

How old are you? I am currently 16 years old.

Do you have any previous bans? I have not had any bans at all, though I have been given a warning. I received this warning because I was sitting on the road and disobeying staff. I've learned from this mistake and shall not do it again.

What country are you from? I am from the United States of America.

Do you have Discord? (If so, what is your discord username) I do have discord! My username is allishio#6635

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents? Yes, I understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted? Yes, if you're a teacher you are here to educate students. If you barely host classes, then the students won't get as much education needed in the subject you are teaching. Therefore, a more active teacher would be better for the job.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread? Yes, I understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread.

Describe your activity on the server and on the forums. I am usually on this server for several hours a day. If I'm grounded, busy, on vacation, or have lots of school work, I won't be as active as usual. On the forums, I check daily to see if I have any notifications. I also like reading my previous posts and other people's posts.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?

https://schoolrp.net/threads/math-teacher-subject-change.27451/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/mail-suggestion.27394/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/sous-chef-application.26297/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/baking-teacher-subject-change-application.26182/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/iicloudy_days-spanish-application.26137/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-application.25940/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?
I would like to become a teacher in real life, so this could give me an idea of how it's like. I also believe that I could be a responsible, generous teacher for students. For example, if students are not behaving correctly, I would politely warn them and eventually give them detention if they keep misbehaving. Furthermore, I would give all the help needed in order for students to understand the topic I am teaching about. Overall, I feel like I could be a good teacher and take another step.

Do you have experience in roleplaying? I have been actively playing on SchoolRP for over a year now, so I consider myself a strong roleplayer. Even on other Minecraft servers and games, I roleplay a lot. I've been doing this for a few years now and I definitely consider myself worthy of an in-character role this demanding in terms of dedication and experience.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook? I have not read this, but if it's required let me know.

What are classroom logs and why is it important? Classroom logs are your classes that get recorded. In order to log your classes, you have to take a screenshot of your class, and then post it on the teacher's discord. These are important because the more classes you log, the more money you get paid in your paycheck.

You want to start a field trip; how do you do that? First, I would ask the principal or head of school staff for permission to take the students on the field trip. Next period, I would start a class and let the students sit down patiently and quietly. I'd tell the students where we are going and let them ask any questions they had about the field trip. Once they are all done with their questions, I would tell them information about where we're going and how they should behave. When we get to the location, I would grab out a checklist of students that were in class that period. If anyone were missing, I would kick the student from class and include it in the class log for that period. I would restate the rules for the field trip before we start looking at anything. I would then share some interesting facts about the location. When I'm finished, I would let the students follow me. For each interesting view, I would describe its history or something special about the object or area. We would make our way back to the classroom when it's almost time for next period. I would then dismiss the class and log their progress.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in class?
1. Voice Levels
Students should stick to the voice levels given. If you don't stick to the voice levels after multiple warnings, you shall be kicked from class. The first level is silence. This is when the teacher is talking or when students around you are completing an assignment. You shouldn't be yelling random things while the teacher is trying to educate you, or when students around you are trying to work on something. The next level is quiet chat. This is when you're working with a group or you are permitted. The final level is talk chat. This is when you can discuss and share things with the class or be called on to answer a question.

2. Item, Food, Drink Students aren't allowed to bring food or drinks into the classroom no matter what class they’re in. If you want to get a drink and abide by rule 3, the teacher will let you but you have to return. You also may not use phones unless you are given permission to do so. Teachers have the right to take away your phone, drinks, and food.

3. Leaving and Entering the Classroom When class starts, you must arrive on time. If you don’t arrive on time with the command /class join, the teacher will not let you in even if there’s space left. For leaving, students are not allowed to leave the classroom unless you have permission. If you go get a drink or go to the toilet, you’re expected to be back within 3-5 minutes. If you are not back by then, it will result in detention and your name marked down.

4. Classwork You are expected to write down everything your teacher tells you to in your notebook, and classwork given to you and work full potential. Failure to do these will result in a kick from the classroom.

5. Respect Follow the Teacher’s Instructions Make sure you follow all the instructions given to you by the teacher and make sure you complete the assignments given correctly.

Summarize your previous RP experience (both in general and on SchoolRP) In general, I've been roleplaying for as long as I can remember. I mainly like doing family, city, and school roleplays. I've been so tied up to roleplaying because it makes me think about my future and what amazing things I can do with it. If I were referring to school roleplays, I can actually learn stuff from them. For example, in math class, my character would be taught math but that information can go towards me as well. Also, if I made a mistake in my roleplay, I could learn from it in real life.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

HD:
HD means Head Of The Department. These teachers are the highest paid out of all the roles, as well as being the best qualified and highest-ranking teacher of a subject. They sometimes even check the progress of NQT and QTLS teachers.

QTLS: QTLS means Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills. These are teachers who are dedicated to teaching a subject and had lots of experience with it. QTLS' are usually older than NQTs.

NQT: NQT means Newly Qualified Teacher. NQTs are usually younger than other teachers and newer to the subject, though they are qualified enough to teach students and help them learn.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

A teacher's purpose is to educate students that are needed for more learning about a subject. Teachers can be paid up to 300k yen per month depending on how many classes they host, their teacher role, and the subject they teach. In real life, teachers are paid 15k to 35k per month depending on the same things as SchoolRP.

Teachers usually have specific ways of teaching their students about a subject. For example, a teacher can use flashcards, timed questions, study guides, etc. These specific ways would help students remember what they're learning in a subject, so they can get better grades on quizzes.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server? Teachers are important to a SchoolRP server because they're the ones educating students and helping them grow. Without teachers, the students wouldn't be able to learn anything unless they're willing to learn from their parents. You see, if they weren't even going to a school and learning at home, why would you call it a school roleplay? Therefore, in order for your school to be successful, you have to hire teachers.

What lesson planning system does the school work on? School gates will open at 7:30 in the morning. At 8:30, period 1 will occur and last 25 minutes (IC). At 8:55, period 2 will occur and last 1 hour and 40 minutes (IC). At 10:35, breaktime will start and last for 20 minutes (IC). At 10:55, period 3 will occur and last for 1 hour and 40 minutes (IC). At 12:35, lunch will start and last for 45 minutes (IC). At 1:20, period 4 will occur and last for 1 hour and 40 minutes (IC). At 3:00, it's hometime, and students are allowed to go home unless they have detention.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

Rachel M. L'Etoile has long brown hair with gray streaks. She would have dark blue eyes and pale skin. She has a simple fashion sense with a sweet and sarcastic personality. Rachel doesn't like raising her voice to students unless they are talking over her or disobeying her orders. She won't give a student detention unless they are misbehaving after multiple warnings given. Even though students can be a pain sometimes, she still loves educating them.

Rachel is really like any other teacher, but she is more chill about things. For instance, if someone didn't finish their test, she would just tell them to do it as homework and turn it in the next day. If you were to actually disobey her, she would politely give you a warning and that's it. Rachel also likes talking with the other teachers. She likes helping them and maybe even collaborating with one of them. Aside from the people at school, Rachel hopes to continue her teaching career. (She has been a teacher before)

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?
I would first approach the gang with a disappointed look on my face. In a strict manner, I'd tell them that it's not okay to use such language in school halls. If they disobeyed me, I would give them one warning. If they don't stop, I would have to get school staff involved. If they do stop, I should notify the principal about it either way.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would loudly yell for them to pay attention. Since they weren't listening while I was talking in my normal voice, I would have to raise it in order to catch their eyes. If they're still not paying attention after raising my voice multiple times, I would have to get the principal involved. Since the principal is a different and more serious person, they will most likely listen to them rather than me.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character react? She would socialize with other teachers about students, events, advice, ideas for assignments, etc. For example, if a student in class today ran around the classroom yelling immature stuff, I would tell the other teachers about it. I could also share some advice with other teachers for when stuff like that happens. I can even ask them for assignment or lesson ideas!

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me would make a confused look to what the student just asked her.
/me would make an annoyed look at the student yelling while she is talking.
/me would nod in agreement to a person who answered the question correctly.
/me would wait patiently while the students are taking the quiz.
/me would look outside and see a big blue bird on the tree.

Backstory (Basic)

Rachel L'Etoile was born in Memphis, Tennessee. Being a social city, she grew up in an open and accepting environment, something she would later take on to her persona that would be a key strength in her career.

Her mother taught History in a boring, decrepit high school. Although it didn't bring in much money, she loved her job of engaging passionate students who just wanted a chance to learn and grow their knowledge of the subject.

Her father taught Music. To him it was like taste you could listen to, color you could embrace. The art of music to him and later to her was something to be respected and enjoyed by all.

Rachel, as a little girl, was at the center of all these wonderful day-to-day stories. She would sit in her pink, glossy bed and listen intriguingly to the adventures of her parents.

As she grew older with care, she discovered a quaint Japanese school across seas named Karakura High. Seeing the subjects and curriculum they offered, she naturally turned to her scholar self, immediately signing up with glee.

The school was truly fantastic; with well-behaved students and firm but fair practices. Sadly a few months later, her father had passed away from heart complications. Broken and torn down, Rachel powered through her emotional struggle and graduated with flying colors. She then became a teacher, to honor and value her late father, to make him very proud to call her his daughter.

Rachel had gone from subject to subject as a teacher, always eager to try new things. She eventually quit for undisclosed personal reasons.

Nowadays, Rachel wishes to have a second shot at a teaching career. She gave up once before, but not again. She will do her father proud, but most importantly? She will fulfill her lifelong dream - to educate and teach new generations of students coming to Karakura High.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details
Full name:
Rachel Marlow L'Etoile
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given name(s): Mother: Seyna L'Etoile Father: Brancio L'Etoile
Preferred name: Rachel
Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: None
Nationality: English
Current Location: Karakura City

SECTION 2: Academic Details
Teaching Experience (# of years)
I think like 3/12 of a year, I'm not too sure.
Working Experience (# of years) 3/12 (from my teaching job)
Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree in English
Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Spanish, English, Drama, Math, Art
Minor(s): Creative Media
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Spanish, Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate?:
No, I do not have this.
Preferred Teaching Subject: English, Drama, Spanish

Extra
Additional notes about your application (if any):
None!

Do you have any questions?: None!

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
Please create a new application with new responses using the proper format — this format is outdated. [CLICK HERE]

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread