Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

WORMIE ! ✬#7223

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

Atlantic Standard Time (AST)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

I do acknowledge that I will be demoted if I become inactive.

Describe your activity on the server:

I tend to be quite active on the server, I make an effort to join at least an hour a day though I’m normally on 2-6 hours a day. I’ve been playing SRP since March 2021!

Do you have any previous bans?:

None

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-app.39934/ DENIED [MAIN]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-app.39970/ ACCEPTED [MAIN]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/german-language-app.41152/ ACCEPTED [MAIN]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/event-team-application.43024/ PENDING
https://schoolrp.net/threads/third-lang-authorization.42691/ ACCEPTED [MAIN]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-app.44621/ ACCEPTED [ALT]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application-finnish.45100/ ACCEPTED [ALT]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

High School Student - GRADE: 12 AGE: 18 [MAIN]
High School Student - GRADE: 7 AGE: 13 [ALT]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Personally I have a love for English, reading, writing etc.. Teaching has always been a possible career option for me in real life, as I’ve always excelled in my English language arts courses. I had also done tutoring last year for an English grade 9 class at my school so I technically have some real life experience of ‘teaching’ students.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I do understand that teacher training is necessary just like any in character or real life job, you need to be properly trained before doing said job.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

I believe teacher class logs are a form of documentation that is used to keep track of which teachers have hosted classes as well as keeping track of how many they have hosted during the month. They’re important because without the logs teachers wouldn’t be paid the proper amounts needed, based on how many classes have been hosted during the month.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Be a good role model
Keep yourself and other students safe
Respect students, school employees and your work environment
No cursing in the class
Absolutely no intoxicating / illegal substances ie: Alcohol, cigarettes etc…
Absolutely no bullying / teasing / harming students or school employees
Refrain from using electronics in the class UNLESS there is an emergency
Have fun in the classroom!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

My experience in roleplay Isn't as lengthy as others as I’ve only really been roleplaying since March of 2021, so around 8 months give or take. I tend to roleplay almost every day, as long as I’m not working or have school in real life etc.. I’ve made a lot of friends through my months of roleplay and have created many lasting relations, in character and out of character.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This rank would be the highest on the list these teachers are head of their respective departments and are highly respected individuals.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are properly trained teachers who are able to handle many if not most situations in a classroom setting and in a general school setting. These teachers are fairly independent.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: The following rank after UT, these teachers may begin teaching independent classes for students to attend after their training.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are new teachers who are untrained and cannot create / partake in classes until they complete their training. UT being the lowest rank.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers out-of-game and in-game educate students in their specific field of study (ie: English, history, physical education / health ect…), giving students the life skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Teachers in-game host classes for students to join and participate in, similar to classes in real life just with much more time restraint. In-game teachers earn ¥350,000 for 10 classes hosted within the month, and an additional ¥50,000 for completing 5 extra classes in the month.

Just from personal experience out-of-game, I’ve found every teacher has their own way of teaching. Some take on a more relaxed approach to teaching, others are extremely strict and professional. They must be patient and kind in order to get through to most students. There are many different ways teachers may present their work or how teachers interact with students. Teachers' spare time I feel would be spent like almost any other adult. They would spend time with family or friends, possibly using after school time to grade things like tests or homework / assignments from students.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

This is basically self explanatory, the whole premise of SchoolRP is roleplaying in / around a school system. Without teachers there would be a large lack of entertainment and engagement on the server.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Elvi Lahtinen is a loving mother, caring friend and very mature woman. She’d have long curly light brown hair and emerald green eyes, standing at around 5’6. Her under eyes would be rather dark either due to lack of sleep or her older facial features. The female would have a warm smile on her face at almost all times. She holds high moral standards for herself and her children, although she is not normally a religious or superstitious person, she believes strongly in karma and its effects. Elvi spends much of her freetime baking goods for close friends and family to enjoy, as baking is one of her pastimes.

She respects all students, as she believes they are all empty vessels ready for learning, regardless of past interactions, students are at school to learn and become educated individuals. Elvi is an extremely professional female, having many years of teaching under her belt, she knows what to expect from students and other colleagues. She is a patient and kind person, always giving her time to people around her. In the future Elvi would wish to remain in Karakura with her children, hoping to keep her family together in town, in hopes of her still being able to teach.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

She would politely ask the students to refrain from cursing on school property, as it is disrespectful to others around them. If they ignore her, she would have to request the students disperse from the area or risk receiving after school detention for ignoring a school employee, although she would rather refrain from creating more conflict by threatening the students.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

In this situation, Elvi would first wait before getting upset or raising her voice at the class. If the students continue to speak, she would simply walk to wherever the lightswitch is and flick it on and off, grabbing the attention of students who aren't meant to be talking. At this point if students still aren’t responding to her patience, this is when she would have to raise her voice, asking for her students undivided attention.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

Elvi is rather relaxed and composed in front of her colleagues, choosing to observe her surroundings rather than interacting with others. She’d prefer to only speak when spoken to, out of respect for conversations others may be having in the room. She would prefer to keep the lounge a quiet place for teachers to relax in, rather than having it become a gossip zone about other colleagues or students.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
&aThe female would barge in the classroom causing &flined paper &ato fly around the room as she rushed to the front of the class, a rather distressed yet excited look on her face as she set the remaining papers on the desk, smiling at the class-- &ain front of her.
/me &aShe would clasp her hands together with a warm smile on her face, eyes directed at her students. She would sit in her own silence waiting for the students to finish conversing, in hopes the talking would disperse by itself. After waiting a few more seconds-- &athe female would walk to the back of the class flicking the lights on and off in an attempt to silence the students.
/me &aShe would rearrange her desk for the third time this period. Aligning the pencils and erasers accordingly, making sure everything is in its rightful place. She would move her papers one direction, but instead choosing to move them back to their-- &aorignial placement. An odd decision.
/me &aShe’d grab a piece of chalk, writing the name “William Shakespeare'' in bold letters on the chalkboard. She’d turn to face the class, a big grin on her face before she would open her mouth beginning to speak on the subject.

Backstory

Elvi was born and raised in Finland, living there with her loving family for the majority of her early life. Throughout elementary school Elvi developed a love for school, looking up to her teachers as role models in her impressionable childhood. In her early elementary school years she was taught the basics of English, as it was a requirement in her school due to English being a popular language in Finland. As she entered middle school, Elvi met a recently transferred female of Japanese descent. Elvi spoke to her newly made friend every day and they grew closer as the years went on. As they transitioned to high school, Elvi requested that her friend teach her Japanese in hopes of them both visiting Karakura (the friend's hometown), in the near future.
In her final year of high school, Elvi met a Finnish man by the name of Nikolas Lahtinen. Elvi spent most of her free time with Nikolas, growing closer together by the day. Eventually the two became a romantic couple, and by the end of their senior year, moved in together. Although the two became close, Elvi still made time for her friends and family and especially her studies, as she took them very seriously. Elvi began to attend university, still remaining in a relationship with Nikolas throughout the tough schooling. In university she majored in English, and minored in Japanese language studies and communications. Elvi’s childhood friend had unfortunately moved back to Karakura, but they still kept in touch as often as life would allow.
In her third year of university, Nikolas proposed to Elvi and the two were happily wed, poor but wed nonetheless. As she continued and excelled in her studies, everything was going right for Elvi and Nikolas. Her final year of university consisted of Elvi making the important decision to continue her studying and attend a final year of school to achieve a TEFL certificate, allowing her to teach English in foreign countries. While in this final year of school, Elvi unexpectedly ended up pregnant with her first child, Rune Lahtinen. Although her pregnancy was a possible setback in her education, she didn’t let it stop her, continuing her studies throughout her pregnancy, graduating one month before giving birth.
After taking a year off to take care of her newborn, Elvi was offered a teaching job in her local town, it wasn’t exactly what she had hoped, but it was something! She taught for around a year and a half before becoming pregnant with her second child, Mathias Lahtinen. Again, she took a year off to care for her newborn. But went back to working as soon as she was able. Another year and half or so went by and Elvi became pregnant with her third and final child Irina Lahtinen. This time around Elvi took two years to stay and bond with her family as a stay at home mom, rather than rushing straight back into a work cycle.
As the years went on, Elvi worked in her local hometown school teaching English to many different aged school children. Her own children grew stronger and taller, as her husband Nikolas grew weaker and sicker. Although they had seen a doctor many times before, there was no proper explanation for his early passing. Elvi was heartbroken as the love of her life had passed away in her arms too soon, but she had to remain resilient for her children's sake. In her time of need she reached out to her childhood friend, asking about Karakura, It’s schooling, the general area. Anything a person looking to move would ask.
Her childhood friend informed her of life in Karakura, although Elvi’s Japanese was slightly rusty, she ultimately made the decision to move her and her family to Karakura. Her children at first were angry at their mother for making such a ‘impulsive’ decision to move, but over time realized why their mother would want to leave the trauma behind. While in Karakura, Elvi took the time to apply at Karakura high school, as she had the teaching experience already, and was more than ready to jump back into teaching.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Elvi Lahtinen
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Elvi
Preferred Name: Elvi or Ms. Lahtinen

Age (Minimum is 27): 43
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Widowed

Nationality: Finnish
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree
Year of Graduation: 2001
Major(s): English
Minors: Japanese (Language studies), Communications

Native Languages: Finnish
Other Languages: English, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

N/A

Do you have any questions?:

N/A​

Users who are viewing this thread