Accepted English Teacher Application

Khrizantema

Level 9
Khrizanthemums
Khrizanthemums
Omega
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

MementoMorax (Alt, Applying on this one!)
Khrizanthemums (Main)

Do you have Discord:
Khrizantema#8318

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

How old are you?:
N/A

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge and understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server varies depending on how much time I have in reality to play on the server. However, most days, I am able to get on for at least an hour or two. When I have more time, which is thankfully often, I am able to be on for 4+ hours.

Do you have any previous bans?:
None.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
JSL Application (Accepted) (Khrizanthemums)
French Application (Accepted) (Khrizanthemums)
Third Language Application (Accepted) (Khrizanthemums)
Russian Language Application (Accepted) (Khrizanthemums)

What are your current role(s) on the server?:
College Bachelor (Waiting on Masters exam results.)
Grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My main motivations for becoming a teacher are the facts that I thoroughly enjoy the subject of English, and that I would also like to experience being a teacher on SRP while sharing that passion with others. I've always loved to read and write, and to be honest, I've also been thinking of studying to become an English teacher in real life. Though this is not quite the same thing as having real life experience, I feel as if it could be helpful to this wish as well as fun to roleplay being a teacher.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Class logs are a record of the class that a teacher has taught. It is important for the reasons that it helps staff to keep track of a teacher's activity, as well as to determine a teacher's paycheck and performance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
- Should you have a question, be sure to raise your hand. Do not call out unless asked to do so.
- There is to be no fighting in class, and no illegal activity.
- Do not eat or drink in the classroom. Respect the cleanliness of the classroom.
- Do not use your phone during class. Please keep it silenced and put away.
- Respect and follow all other school rules.
- Most importantly, come to class prepared to learn. Do not enter class with the intent to disrupt.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My experience in roleplay dates back by at least seven years. The first experience that I'd had in roleplay was actually in Minecraft as well, which I had gained on a medieval fantasy roleplay which no longer exists. Ever since, I've been hooked on roleplay, making characters, and having them interact in their fictional worlds. I've also been a part of numerous discord roleplays, which spanned from zombie apocalypses to school settings as well.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This teacher is the head of their specific department. They may assist newer teachers, and are the most experienced type of teacher Karakura has to offer.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teachers, while similar to newly qualified teachers, have been teaching for a longer amount of time and have proven their dedication to the job through hard work.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A newly qualified teacher may host a class on their own without supervision. They have completed their training beforehand.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers may not teach their own classes just yet. They must complete their training beforehand, which often includes sitting in during other classes to observe and learn from their peers.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers, both in and out of game, are an integral part of society. They are those who are trusted with the responsibility of educating and guiding the younger generations, passing on knowledge, and assisting others in broadening their horizons through education. Teachers in-game are also a cornerstone of the server, seeing as this server is literally titled "School Roleplay," and teachers are basically the ones who keep a school functioning. Teachers may teach in a variety of ways, whether it be through lectures, demonstrations, or hands-on activities. Outside of school, teachers have a life like you and I. They may do as they please with their free time.

The salary for teachers on SRP starts at 350,000 Yen. Each five extra classes will grant an additional 50,000 Yen, however this may only be done for a maximum of 150,000 bonus Yen.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
With the main appeal/pitch of this server being the fact that it is a school roleplay, teachers are most definitely an important part of the server. A school simply cannot function properly (or at all, really,) without teachers.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MOSCOW (Must have, should have, could have, won't have/will not have at the moment.)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Ari Seong, a thirty-seven year old man standing at 5'11, does not quite act his age. His straight hair, which is dyed in a teal colour, is styled in an asymmetrical manner. He can normally be found wearing a dark coloured sweater, a white coat, and black slacks along with his usual half-moon spectacles. Overall, his clothing style is a sort of business casual.

Ari's voice is smooth, matching his 'go with the flow' sort of personality. He's a fatherly type of person, treating friends and those younger than him with the same care that he would his own children. He ends up calling many people 'kiddo' out of habit, and though kind, he still has a certain sort of 'fight' to his personality which often shows in the form of a competitive streak.

Though he tends to call those younger than him 'kiddo,' he still respects his students as long as he is respected in turn. When it comes to peers and co-workers, Ari views them as potential friends as well as trusted sources of information and advice.
In the future, Ari plans to continue assisting the younger generations in the way he knows best: teaching. After all, the younger generations are our future, as he likes to say.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Ari would go to the group, giving them a jovial sort of smile before asking what is happening at the moment. He would listen to their explanation if one were to be given, but still warn them of the consequences of excessive swearing on school grounds in a gentle yet firm manner.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Ari would take a moment to assess the situation, trying to think of the reason as to why exactly the class refuses to listen and what could best be done to remedy the situation. He would request first that the class settles down. In the (likely) case that it were to fail, he would move on to more strict measures of controlling the environment. This may include assigning work related to the disturbances in class, such as writing a short essay on why the misbehavior took place, or even going as far as to remove students who refuse to listen from class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Ari, though remaining professional in the teacher’s lounge, would be more laid back there than in classes. He understands that controlling and aiding a room of high schoolers in their education is a difficult job that requires the respect of both the students and faculty alike. In the teachers lounge, he can likely be found by the coffee machine, chatting away with his co-workers about whatever his current interests and lesson plans are if they are free and willing to listen. He would likely use this time to also get feedback on lesson plans from his peers.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
would stand by the door, greeting the students with a grin and a wave as they entered. He was currently holding a small stack of stapled packets, likely to hand out for today’s activity. He seemed rather eager to start the class!

/me would go to stand front and center in the classroom, his enthusiasm leaking into his expression. “Good morning, class!” He would chirp, surveying the attendance as he did so. “How has the day been treating you?”

/me
would go to retrieve the stack of packets from his desk before turning on his heel to face the class once again, grinning. “Now, would anyone like to assist in handing these out?”

/me would observe the class as they went about doing today’s assignment. He would keep an eye out for any signs or hints of confusion from his students in doing so. “If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to raise your hand,” He added.

/me sighed inwardly as he watched the misbehavior take place before his eyes. “Alright, alright,” He began, making a ‘please settle down’ sort of gesture with his hands, “That is quite enough. Please return to your seats so that we can finish the lesson, alright? Who knows, we may even be able to complete this early!”

Backstory
Born in South Korea to Kae and Haruka Seong, Ari was always an inquisitive, creative child. He was the type to always ask questions about how anything and everything in the world worked, no matter whether he would understand the explanation or not. His mother, Haruka, was of Japanese descent while his father, Kae, was of South Korean descent. Ari spent the first portion of his life living in South Korea, where he’d spoken his first words rather early on in his homeland’s tongue.

Ari was a quick learner, as his parents had soon realised. He would bury his nose into any book he could get his hands on, poring over every word. If he didn’t understand something, he would ask. If he still didn’t understand, he would attempt to research and find the answer by himself. While this was a magnificent quality for Ari to have in both his parents and his own eyes, he soon found himself bullied and made a laughing stock in school for the simple crime of being eager to learn.

Ari had become reserved and reclusive in this time, hardly talking to anyone as he approached the end of elementary school. Eventually, however, this solitary way had taken a toll on him. He’d always been outgoing, and not being able to share his thoughts and feelings with anyone other than his parents had taken a toll on him. Eventually, he’d begun to play dumb in classes. He no longer displayed the enthusiasm he had to the public in an effort to fit in. The closest friends that he had at the time were his journal and the library.
He’d often found himself daydreaming, spinning tales in which he was someone of great importance, someone who was beloved by others. As he wrote these tales down to quell the feeling of boredom inside, he’d found that he had quite the passion for writing. When he picked up a pen and brought it to paper, he found it difficult to stop. When he picked up a book to read, he would incorporate any ideas that he could into his own writings. Eventually, he’d found himself regaining some of his former joy.

As Ari had moved on to highschool, he soon found two other kindred spirits who had shared the same problems and woes as himself. These two, Noel Gautier and Johannes Penn, had soon found themselves metaphorically adopted by Ari who would defend them from any crass comments or hostile actions that may come their way. The three had all started out as a rather reserved group, though quickly became close friends.

Ari’s friendship with Noel and Johannes further rekindled his metaphorical spark, which led to him slowly becoming more and more outgoing once again. In time, he’d even rebuilt enough confidence to share small blurbs and tidbits from his stories with them, which were met with praise and requests for even more content.
When his time in highschool was beginning to draw nearer to the end, he found himself wondering what it was that he would enjoy doing in life. With his passion for writing and helping others, Noel had suggested that Ari should become a teacher. Though this was not the first career that he found himself pursuing, he soon returned to school to earn a bachelor’s degree in secondary education for English composition and literature.

With his degree, Ari now seeks to spread his knowledge and passion of the subject while helping others both academically and with any other problems that may come their way. He hopes to be a respectable role model and a metaphorical light in the dark for those who need it.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name :

Ari Seong

Title ):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
Ari

Preferred Name:
Mr. Seong, Ari.

Religious Denomination:
Agnostic.

Marital Status:
Unmarried.

Nationality:
South Korean, Japanese.

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
4 years.

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education.

Year of Graduation: 2006
Major(s): English
Minors: Creative writing, Journalism.

Native Languages: Korean (still needs to be applied for), Japanese
Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
I made a small edit, as I forgot to add a few things under Academic Details.
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread