mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied English Teacher Application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
JamieasaurusRex

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): JamieasaurusRex#1480

Do you have a microphone?: Yes ( More info in dm )

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: GMT+2:00 Central European Time (CET)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server:

My activity is mostly from 9 am to around 10 pm On weekdays

and weekends, it's from 8-10 am and to around midnight

Do you have any previous bans?:
N/A

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.48013/

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

College B

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

SchoolRP gave me the motivation to experience roleplaying in depth. I have seen that Teachers and Professors are the main foundation of SchoolRP building my interest to be more involved with the community.
Being a teacher on SRP has been something I've wanted to do for a long time and something I've brought myself to finally work to achieve and put a lot of effort into lessons. Being an English teacher would be a good idea, considering that people rarely host classes for it and since there are barely isn't any English teachers. My motivation is mostly that many teachers are so sweet caring and loving and most of them aren't hosting any courses in my timezone, and often there are no online faculty. I have been interested in being an English Teacher because I had been teaching IRL two years ago. Since I got IRL experience, I could offer only material such as better planned lessons helping with questions. Giving more detailed information motivates me cause teaching is something I would like to do IRL. It would be great to try it here as it is right now with corona. Most of the learning is online.

Icly:
When Sonoda was in College she was having teaching lessons every summer break where she was taught to teach and plan lessons. She would get good grades.
She was always interested in being a teacher, especially an English teacher.
She always has loved kids and has always been good at talking in front of a lot of people. She enjoys teaching, and in the future, she would maybe like to be a Professor to teach older students.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role at UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes, and I believe it would be amazing to learn about how teachers do their amazing work.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher's class logs are mostly there for payments, or how often the teacher host's a class.
It's also for the Higher-up to fire teachers that aren't online/hosting classes that often.
You might need to take a screenshot of u hosting a class to prove you host the number of classes u need to.
And with not doing so, you will not get the proper pay. This is why it's important, plus, it's a confirmation that you did teach the class. Which earns you your paycheck.

As a teacher what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Come to class on time, a grace period of 45 minutes will be given to latecomers else doors will be
closed.
2. Raise your hand to speak,
3. Respect others around you,
4. be aware of your surroundings, listen to any questions someone may have,
5. don’t yell at your classmates, and don’t lose your temper.
6. Yelling at your classmates and losing your temper will only make them act up more than they already were.
7. Be considerate of other classmates as you participate. Try your hardest on the work you provide for your teacher. Cause it would give u better grades and might give you a bigger chance of graduating,
8. Any form of harassment or disrespect, may it be verbal or non-verbal will earn the student a detention ticket.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying a lot, I remember roleplaying on text since I could write, it has been an enjoyment for me since I was born, I enjoy detail roleplay, but sometimes it's just not the right thing to do on a bad day, even tho it makes the roleplay nicer it can cause trouble too as taking too long to text and then the time has passed, so I would maybe use detail when needed and keep simple when it isn't needed.

My experience is hard to put words to, when I was younger I was doing the childhood roleplays, mom and dad, teacher and student, and I believe I never really stopped roleplaying even tho it moved to text instead of IRL movements. I believe I got a really good experience but that's my view of it!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning
: Head of Department
↳ Description: Department heads take charge of departments. They monitor, lead, train, and manage staff.
They may also conduct research and set goals. Department heads ensure that overall day-to-day operations run smoothly.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teacher means that a teacher has been going thru training and isn't newly been thru it,
they might have more experience than newly trained people.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly Qualified Teacher is a teacher that's just been thru training and is ready to host classes!

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Untrained Teacher
↳ Description: Untrained teacher means that the person has been accepted into being a Teacher, and is or soon undergoing training.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, and what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, and what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers help their students to grow intellectually and prepare for the workforce and their future. And not just for education-wise, but as well with motivation and helping the students with personal problems [And including them acting up and many more actions/situations that can get in the way of their education] so it doesn't get in the way of their education

Teachers earn a total of ¥350,000 for completing 10 classes within the month
And a 50k bonus for 5 classes You can only collect this bonus twice per month.

Each teacher teaches differently and would act differently as people arent a copy of each other. Many teachers have planned their lessons before they host class since it would make it easier for them to learn people their subject.
From my experience, teachers use their free time as a way to make lesson plans as well to get their items prepared, when school is over they would be an adult out in the city, and with their families and friends.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important because it would be SchoolRP without no teachers. It would be just a hangout server and wouldn’t be as popular as it is today. Without teachers, people would just stand there and run around. Teachers are one of the main reasons SchoolRP is a thing.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MOSCOW (Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have)

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.

What do they look like?
Unique and different?
What is their outlook on Students?
What about the other teachers?
What is their personality like?
What is their plan for the future?

Sonoda is a 32-year-old Japanese female. She had natural black hair. From the looks of her, she had fair and almost perfect skin even tho she have a skin condition making her skin be 2 colored. Her eyes were the shade of blue in one eye and a shade of brown in the other. Her hair was normally styled up, and sometimes she included some fancy hair decor.
When speaking to her, she’s always sure to be loving and include nicknames making u feel at home. Never a dull moment with Sonoda. She can just with her calming hand motions, for all the mute kids around the world. To even further exaggerate her emotions through her words, she would sometimes use a calmer voice or a more rough voice to show what is serious and nonserious
She always treated everyone with respect, and that will include her friends. Ever since she was a child she always understood the struggle most teachers go around with. She can act a little mad at some times if you disturb her lessons and won't keep quiet. if you treat her kindly and with respect, she would do the same to you.
Her outlook on teachers and students is often with respect even tho she shows a more serious face to the students so they won't think they can cross lines and bend rules. She would always have a big smile on her face.

I will put a reference picture at the bottom, that shows how she would look if she was an IRL person.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

First, I would calmly approach them, try to get their attention, and ask them to calm down or lower their voices- Explaining to them that shouting in the hallway would disrupt some ongoing classes. If they continue she would give a last verbal warning before giving the ones that continue detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
For the most part, I would calm talk to them about sitting down and keeping quiet and giving a verbal warning, if they then decide to continue I would give them a more strict warning, and ask them again to sit down and keep quiet so I can continue teaching
higher punishments may be needed they would be, Detention or reporting to the higher councils like the Vice or President.

She'd sit down and look at the students. She would sigh kinda expecting them to listen and say, "Is what you guys are talking about more important than my class? I don't think so! You guys can talk after I finish giving out directions! So you guys better listen up, before there are consequences. "

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She would be friendly talking with the other teachers, making sure they're having a great day,
and maybe ask questions about lessons, students, or personal lives.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me would grab a piece of paper and a pen. She would write down her and the student's name and the words "Detention." She'd get up from her seat and place the paper on the desk. She'd sigh because she thought the student would know way better.

/me She'd flip over her notebook to look for the lesson plan she has for today. Once she found it, she would get up from her seat and grabs a piece of chalk. She'd start writing the title of his lesson and her objectives for today. Once she was done with that, she'd look up at the clock and begins to see students walk in. She'd start to have a bright smile, excited for her lesson today, and greet the students and say, "Goodmorning, class! Please take your seats so I can start our lesson for today!"

/me she'd grab a stack of paper and hand them out. While she was walking around the class, she'd ask, " Does anyone have a question for me? " She'd look around, and no one would raise their hands. She'd sigh and go back to his seat after finishing passing out the papers. She'd grab her bag and take out a stack of paper that she had to grade from the other classes. As she is grading them, a student would raise their hand. She'd get up and walk to them and say, " Yes, [students name]?" The student would ask a question. She'd help the student to have a better understanding of what she is doing.

/me, she'd be on his desk grading papers and hears that the students are way too loud. She'd say, " Can you guys keep it down a bit." The students would get louder. She'd sigh and yell. "Everyone quiet down, Are you guys done with your assignments?" She'd look at even one face, and they would look down at their paper and say no. She'd tell them, " You guys can talk after you finish!" Everyone would be quiet, and she'd sigh and go back to grading papers.

/me as she is sitting at her desk, students would be lining up to hand in their papers. She'd get her bag from under her desk and pull out a sticker pack for the students who finished their work. As each student gives their papers to her, she'd give a sticker to the student

Backstory
Sonoda's life story is different from others, two mothers were weird since all the other kids had a dad, people didn't quite understand it when she told them about her parents since it wasn't that common back in the 1990s. Sonoda had always been the odd one out since she was born. She didn't wear the same style as everyone else, and school uniforms were a no-go since they always were the same. Not as colorful as she would like. Sonoda had a little friend group when she was around 10, where she would make some dance 'shows' for their parents, Sonoda would choose the steps and be the 'teacher' or the 'leader' as she enjoyed the focus. Sonoda is a 32-year-old Japanese female. She had natural black hair. From the looks of her, she had fair and almost perfect skin despite having skin conditions making her skin be 2 colors. Her eyes were the shade of blue in one eye and a shade of brown in the other. Her hair was normally styled up, and sometimes she included some fancy hair decor. When speaking to her, she’s always sure to be loving and include nicknames making you feel safe. Never a dull moment with Sonoda. She can communicate using calming hand motions, for all the mute kids around the world. To even further exaggerate her emotions through her words, she would sometimes use a calmer voice or a more rough voice to show what is serious and nonserious. She always treated everyone with respect, and that will include her friends. Ever since she was a child she always understood the struggle most teachers go around with. She can act a little mad at some times if you disturb her lessons and won't keep quiet. if you treat her kindly and with respect, she would do the same to you. Her outlook on teachers and students is often with respect even tho she shows a more serious face to the students so they won't think they can cross lines and bend rules. She would always have a big smile on her face.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Sonoda Moriko
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs
Given Name(s): Maz, Mrs. Noda
Preferred Name: Mrs. Sono

Age (Minimum is 27): 33
Religious Denomination: N/A
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree
Year of Graduation: 1997
Major(s): Teaching, English
Minors: Poetry, Designing.

Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

Do you have any questions?:
japanese-clothing-brands-280785-1561561503178-square.700x0c.jpg

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
You may re-apply with the following change:
- Elaborate further on your descriptions for each Teacher role (UT, NQT, QT and HD)​

Users who are viewing this thread