players online

Accepted English Teacher possibly?

Kalyn Caldwell

Level 21
Yungwoman
Yungwoman
Notable+
What is your Minecraft username?: Fox_Deer_Thing

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Yes, I do! It’s Scarlet#8355

How old are you? (Optional): n/a

What is your time zone?: CST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I acknowledge and accept this.

Describe your activity on the server: I would say I’m moderately active, spending at least four hours a day.

Do you have any previous bans?: No, I have no previous bans.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server: These are all the applications related to my accounts.

ACCEPTED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/i-tried-to-fix-my-grammar-i’m-not-that-good-at-spelling.33812/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl.36398/

DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl.36241/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-application.33807/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/this-is-my-what-6th-time-i-really-need-to-understand-this.33803/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Fox_Deer_Thing: [18] [Grade 12]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: I’m applying to teach in the English department. (English - Composition).

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: As I state below, roleplay in a school setting is the type that I’ve come to familiarise myself with the most. Despite this, I’ve always found myself curious to explore the other roles opposed to just remaining a student. Though I have done so a few times on other servers or platforms, I wouldn’t consider myself experienced when it comes to roleplaying as a teacher. This is my strongest motivation to apply; I have to learn properly through more experiences and I believe a teaching role on this server is the most efficient chance I’d have to develop my knowledge in a more professional and structured roleplay system.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs ensure that teachers are keeping track of their classes, how many they teach during that specific day etc. They’re important because in order to determine how active a teacher is they’d have to fill out the class logs appropriately in order to receive the correct payment. If a teacher fails to log any of their classes they’re even at risk of being fired if no one can prove their activity.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: Before approaching anyone with the idea I would make sure that I had valid reasoning for the trip as well as a properly constructed plan that wouldn’t change abruptly or make things complicated, keeping things as simple as possible. Once I’m satisfied with my information on the trip I want to carry out I’ll approach the Principal with my suggestion. There we would discuss the fundamental information regarding the trip and whether it’s sensible to move forwards. If it is approved I’ll make sure that students who’re joining my class are fully aware before hosting a class and therefore carrying out the trip.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: The rules for classrooms can depend on the teacher but if I were to be employed, some would be as follows:

No eating or drinking is prohibited with the occasional exception of transparent bottles containing water.

Cursing and yelling are forbidden as well as anything classified as inappropriate or obnoxious behaviour.

When the teacher is talking the students must listen attentively in order to understand the lesson, remaining quiet until further notice.

Students are expected to remain in their seats and follow the task set for them unless told otherwise. No running around in the classroom.

During trips outside the classroom the students would have to walk silently and quickly to their destination with very little commotion.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have over five years of roleplay experience across multiple different platforms. Although it’s commonly centred around the school genre I’ve explored others such as futuristic or fantasy settings in the past. This has allowed me to experience a variety of roleplay situations in which I eventually learnt to Detail RP, as well as overall develop as a roleplayer. Roleplay is something that I’ve come to enjoy immensely, especially when I’m required to detail my actions or come up with innovative ideas.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning: HD stands for ‘Head Of Department’.

↳ Description: This term is used to describe someone who’s in charge of an entire department, making all of the lead decisions. It’s their responsibility to manage said department whether that entails monitoring staff members and providing them with guidance or simply working on day-to-day issues.

- QT

↳ Meaning: QT stands for ‘Qualified Teacher’.

↳ Description: This is simply an indication that a teacher has all the qualifications to successfully and safely carry out classes alone, providing an adequate education at minimum for the students they’re in charge of.

- NQT

↳ Meaning: NQT stands for ‘Newly Qualified Teacher’.

↳ Description: This phrase means the person is new to their job and therefore won’t have as much stability in their role until they can prove their dedication it through a ‘training period’ referred to as an induction programme in which they work towards being legally employed.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.The concept of teaching is employing qualified individuals to work in a school setting in which they’re expected to display their learnt skills for the benefit of the students, presenting themselves as respectable people they can look up to. Teachers are in charge of teaching classes, helping students with work individually unless a tutor is available, managing meetings and raising any concerns they may have with parents as well as many other responsibilities. Whether it’s marking work, giving it out or constructing their next lesson plan, teachers have plenty of things to get done throughout the day meaning it’s good to have a few employed for each department.

During a teaching career, the individual is usually assigned to a specific grade and commonly teaches one subject(although this can vary depending on the grade level in some cases). Their purpose as a collective is to ensure that they’re providing an education for their students and helping them to grow alongside their classmates, making sure to keep a balance between group work and solo activities so the students develop some form of independence as well as social skills.

Teaching methods obviously aren’t identical although some common similarities are setting assignments or quizzes to help the students recap on their knowledge about the subject they’ve been studying. This allows them to conclude which students found the material helpful and which students are struggling. Once this is determined, the necessary action can be taken to help the struggling ones with a different approach. Upon applying to be a teacher they must take into consideration the wellbeing of their students. They must familiarise themselves with rules and guidelines, ensuring they inform the students of them in a way that’s precise. It’s their responsibility and moral obligation to take on a duty of care towards their students, providing them with the most beneficial school experience possible.

Regarding salary there’s obviously a large difference for each teacher whether it’s defined by currency, the school they’re working for or their level of experience. However, I am aware that teachers in Japan earn around 250,000 to 450,000 Yen per month(on average).. The teaching profession is thought of rather highly in Japan meaning you would have to display yourself in a respectable manner in order to maintain a good reputation. However, what teachers do in their free time aside from all the grading that ends up after hours varies drastically because they’re still their own people with separate lives and interests.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are vital for a roleplay that’s specifically centered around school life. Though the answer everyone jumps to is obvious, what would school be without teachers? Not only do they add fundamental realism to the roleplay but they also contribute to many interesting experiences throughout. If there were no teachers then the school day would be especially dull not to mention steering away from the whole ‘school rp’ concept. In addition to providing fun roleplay opportunities, the teacher role itself allows players to have a new form of creativity as they have freedom (to a reasonable extent) with their own classes, allowing for more Detail RP despite the restricted time. Not only will they be exposed to more rp in the social aspect of things but they’ll also be able to develop their roleplay skills overall. It gives them a sense of responsibility and helps them involve themselves in the community if they’re looking for some new reasons to be social. Academically wise, someone may even learn something new from researching the topic they wish to teach.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: I’m currently unaware but I can guarantee if taught I’ll abide by the system to learn as efficiently and quickly as possible.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Introduction
My character Lyndsey Reid Shimizu is a self-sufficient, independent and level-headed woman. She prides herself in being able to make her money for her sisters and wife. Though she does enjoy speaking to others she has a difficulty with trusting them, something that rarely affects her workplace but can sometimes impact her when she’s alone. Her lifestyle isn’t necessarily lavish but she’d like to work up to that, frequently enjoying spending her extra money on high-end clothing. This could be because she likes to come across as ‘respectable’ considering the unfortunate state she was in when she first left home. She never wants to go back to that. She’s always holding herself to a high standard and in many ways this can be beneficial; it allows her to go beyond initial expectations in some circumstances despite the obvious pressure. Kyon is an extremely organised person and a slight perfectionist, determined to make sure everything is presented, carried out or taught in the best way possible. Sometimes she could even be described as a workaholic depending on an individual’s definition.

Appearance
This is currently a work in progress. However, I would imagine her to have slightly bushy eyebrows with thin, delicate eyelashes occasionally enhanced with mascara when not at work. As for her hair, it’d end at her chest area with a wavy consistency, with the colors red and black . Despite this, her preferred hairstyle would be any kind of updo in order to tie her hair back. Her figure resembles a hourglass shape whereas her height is 5’5. Her clothing style would be centered around semi- bright colors feeling comfortable in them

How she views her colleagues and students
As she understands what struggling students may be going through she’ll make sure to check up on them so no one feels lost or confused in her classroom. To her, their education is her top priority aside from safety and she knows it’s her role to provide it. However, not everyone wants to sit in class writing all day so she tries to incorporate some interesting group work activities into her lessons. Sometimes she’ll even allow the students to vote on whether they’d prefer to do group work or simply work alone. From her experience this makes them feel they have some control over their lesson which makes the lesson run smoother as they feel more inclined to listen whilst still knowing she’s in charge. Regarding her colleagues Lyn is polite to them, doing her best not to overstep boundaries despite her evident curiosity. She enjoys discussing what departments they work in and will often ask how someone’s day is going in the break room. She highly respects her colleagues and she treats them how she wants to be treated during her time working there. If she needs help, she isn’t afraid to ask and vice versa, offering help to colleagues where she can/when she’s wanted to.

Future
Currently Lyn is content with the way she’s living whether that’s in regards to her living or work situation. If she can pursue a career in teaching that’s all she could really ask for as she feels quite secure regarding other aspects of her life. Regardless, she keeps her hopes high and continues to work towards the lavish lifestyle she dreams of as well as developing new friendships by the day.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: This behaviour infuriates her but thankfully she has a decent amount of equanimity, responding to the situation as maturely as possible by promptly walking up to the students in order to address the situation. She’d remind them of how their behaviour has a negative impact on the school’s reputation as well as their own and they should be mindful of how they speak, especially on school grounds. Throughout the situation she’d try to remain as calm and poised as possible, politely warning them of the possible consequences if their actions were to continue. Again, if it’s appropriate for her to do so she’ll place them into detention without hesitation, otherwise returning to her schedule.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Refusing to tolerate the disruption she would frown at the students in silence for a few moments before lifting her hands expectantly, demanding the attention of the classroom with nothing but her mannerisms. If this is successful she’ll fix the students with a firm stare, sternly reminding them of the behaviour she expects in the classroom. She informs that if this behaviour continues not only will they be sitting out of any fun activity during the class but they’ll also be receiving detention. If the trouble is resolved she’ll continue as normal but if it isn’t then she’ll resort to what she warned her students about prior to taking action.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: During time in the break room, my character would present themselves in a more jovial manner and always be willing to converse with her colleagues. If she were to sit down to relax she would make sure to keep good posture and refrain from overstepping anything she classifies as work boundaries; being obnoxious, prying into colleagues lives too much, etc. Though she does have a tendency to talk a lot she does her best to keep it semi-professional.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me &cHer gaze shifted towards the class as she gave them an amiable smile in order to reassure them, raising her hand for a small wave before she beckoned them further into the classroom. &f‘’Hello, students. Do take your seats!’’ &cHer words aren’t demanding but rather encouraging as she steps backwards before pivoting, returning to the front of the classroom in order to proceed with the lesson.

/me &cHer brow furrowed as she lightly rested her hands against the workbooks she’d stacked atop the wooden desk. For a moment she seemed deep in thought as if she was contemplating the most sensible course of action for today’s lesson before she seems to reach a conclusion, her bright smile returning.&f”Alright, listen up!”

/me &cFolding her arms, she seemed to be waiting patiently for the students to stop talking, having no issue with silently approaching until she stood by their desks. &f”I want you to understand to the best of your ability, so don’t talk over me during my explanation.” &cWith a strained smile she turns her head away and begins the walk back to her desk, promptly moving on from the issue once she felt it was dealt with.

/me &f”Hello, it’s good to see you all! I’m sure you’re all ready so we’ll begin the lesson now.” &cAfter giving a brief but passive nod she began to sift through the papers that lay on the desk, something that looked rather stereotypical. She might as well have an apple on there for good measure. Clearing her throat sharply, she opened her mouth to resume speaking once more. &f“Since I appreciate group work can be fun, you’re working in pairs today. Preferably with the person next to you, I don’t want people running round in class.”

/me &cWalking to each student she began to hand out the books, ensuring every one of them had a copy. &f”If I miss anyone, please raise your hand afterwards.” After that rule is established she resumes the task at hand before walking back into the majority of her students’ line of vision. &f”Alright! I am ready for a show of hands people.” Waiting patiently, she makes sure that she didn’t miss anyone before opening her own copy.

(I have more specific actions planned but I would prefer to save those for lessons.)

Backstory
The three siblings parents where. Marianne and David Reid were Canadian. And they had Lyndsey Reid in their 20s and her sisters Maddison Reid, and Izuku Reid in their late 20s. Lyndsey struggled to communicate with her sisters due to the age difference considering that she was already 3 years old when they were born, leaving them over 3 years apart. This could be a good thing in other circumstances considering the older child may be mature enough to refrain from teasing but unfortunately butted heads all the time. In fact, it was hard for them to get along even when they were younger because Izu branded herself as a “prankster” While Maddi would sit quietly on the couch with her parents. In school, Lyndsey could be labelled as extremely social, always trying to brighten the day of her classmates through any means. She enjoyed group-work and often found new friends as she trusted people fairly easily back then, allowing her to truly branch out. Her sister was very closed off during this time but as they were secluded during the school hours and during the days. throughout their whole lives it was difficult for Lyndsey to even notice. Her life continued without any genuine disruption as she tried to develop a plan for the future despite being so young. Every time someone asked her what she wanted to be, she would not know. She didn’t even have the faintest clue. This meant she would often pester the staff at her school, though not in a malicious way; she simply wanted to know how things worked. Though some staff members would be disapproving, they occasionally explained things to her as you do to children; in the most simplistic and efficient way you can. From a young age she discovered writing was an extremely big passion of hers, something she enjoyed more than anything when she was in school. During breaks and lunchtimes she would often scribble poems into her notebook, filling page after page. It seemed as if she was genuinely dedicated to writing even as the years went on. This was something that became apparent as she moved up to highschool because even though she thought she’d moved on from the dream, it quickly came back to her multiple times over the school years. She couldn’t stop thinking about it despite going through obvious changes as you do when you’re a teenager, her mind still persistent that she should look into it. However, instead of pursuing a career as an author she wanted to do something else; something that felt more stable to her that wasn’t related to writing alone. It was at this time that she considered a teaching career. In that sense, she could feel productive and social whilst still being close with writing. Coming to the conclusion that it wouldn’t hurt for her to invest some time into this, she expressed the idea to her parents who weren’t too impressed but figured she could do as she pleased instead of immediately getting a job due to their above average finances. They certainly weren’t rich but they did have some money to spare, meaning it wouldn’t be the end of the world if she wasn’t working multiple jobs at sixteen. So instead of getting a job early on, she studied hard in pursuit of her goal and even after graduating highschool she was eager to move onto college. Finally enrolling, though her social life remained strong she took a significant amount of her free time and put it towards personal research or college assignments. She was studying English, which was the main subject she dedicated herself to and yet she still found time for other ones, cramming as much into her day as possible. Despite her adoration for writing she still enjoyed her other subjects immensely, making sure that she didn’t slack in any of them. Upon graduating there was some tension in the family that made her living situation complicated. Once she came home, her parents said that she should start looking for her own place in Karakura, moving out as she felt obligated to and leaving to another place, Karakura. She had close to no money after college and so she had to resort to extremely low-paying jobs in the beginning, not wanting to become a teacher until she felt her own living situation was up to standard, let alone the fall in her mental health after being pressured to move out. Still, she didn’t let this distract her too much, simply trying to raise money until she felt she had enough to call herself respectable. Once she regained confidence in herself, became comfortable with her living situation and felt secure she went on to teach at a few different schools for years at a time before coming to the conclusion she needed to find somewhere even closer to her. She made sure to browse the schools before choosing one she felt would be the best fit. Being an official teacher since years old, she’s extremely proud of herself for making a comeback after what her family did despite going no contact for years on end. Teaching motivates her to become a stronger and more developed individual.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: This behaviour infuriates her but thankfully she has a decent amount of equanimity, responding to the situation as maturely as possible by promptly walking up to the students in order to address the situation. She’d remind them of how their behaviour has a negative impact on the school’s reputation as well as their own and they should be mindful of how they speak, especially on school grounds. Throughout the situation she’d try to remain as calm and poised as possible, politely warning them of the possible consequences if their actions were to continue. Again, if it’s appropriate for her to do so she’ll place them into detention without hesitation, otherwise returning to her schedule.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Refusing to tolerate the disruption she would frown at the students in silence for a few moments before lifting her hands expectantly, demanding the attention of the classroom with nothing but her mannerisms. If this is successful she’ll fix the students with a firm stare, sternly reminding them of the behaviour she expects in the classroom. She informs that if this behaviour continues not only will they be sitting out of any fun activity during the class but they’ll also be receiving detention. If the trouble is resolved she’ll continue as normal but if it isn’t then she’ll resort to what she warned her students about prior to taking action.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: During time in the break room, my character would present themselves in a more jovial manner and always be willing to converse with her colleagues. If she were to sit down to relax she would make sure to keep good posture and refrain from overstepping anything she classifies as work boundaries; being obnoxious, prying into colleagues lives too much, etc. Though she does have a tendency to talk a lot she does her best to keep it semi-professional.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: Thank you!

Do you have any questions?: n/a

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of English Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
- You seemed to have posted the scenarios section twice. Aside from that, I appreciate the effort and detail shown in this application, good job.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread