Epitaph#3411

PREVIOUS BANS:
1 due to a glitch.

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
yes.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
Shrine maiden

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I log on around 1-2 hours a day. Around 13-14:10 and 18-20:30ish. The weekends are more open unless i travel.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
Its VERY old.
As far as i know it has several gods, it believes that humans are fundamentally good, shrines are important places to contact the gods and pray.
There are festivals to honor the gods and the workers must be un-married.
I also am aware that this is a religion with a large amount of gods [kami] which require worship, and all have different jobs in goodhood.
[I sadly, do not know much more but i am happy to learn]

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I am very open to the shrine, and often visit there in my characters free time even.
I find the look is very stylish and plesant.
I provide caretaking based role play due to my character often having to clean up after her friends.
[Cleaning the shrines, setting things right, refreshing material, making things ready for use etc etc.]
which i try to do with a large amount of detail.
I have also been on this server since around 2019,
which may not seem all to much
but i play a lot and i am very familiar with rules and roleplay.
The community on the server is amazing and the main reason i am basically on every media related to it, i want to be more integrated into the system so i hope to aquire this role,
even if till now i seem not to wise on shinto, it seems very interesting and im sure that i will find out more and do research.

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

Camilla Giana Viotto

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
I often visit the monastery in my free time,
looking around and mostly wondering at the building style and the wonderful colors, it is a very gorgeous place
I enjoy going there due to the pleasant atmosphere and nice people!
Of course also for worshipping sakes, which i will come back to on a later note.
I think it will be an interesting and fun experience to work there.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY was build between 744 and 761, originally used for buddism, which was replaced not to soon after with Shintoism.
This made a priest mad with rage, which was working at the shrine who then started a fire In early 2004, damaging many historical items, gorgeous art and important papers and information. Only the The Yama-no-Kami’s original shrine survived the fire, which served as a grim reminder for the town folks.
To this day the monastery suffers from that priests actions, yet is doing its best job at letting the shrines thrive again.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
I was born on the 5th of October, in Al-Mubarraz, Saudi Arabia.
I was raised under good circumstances with loving parents and one sibling. Nimue H. Viotto. My sister.
I moved from arabia to karakura at the age of 12, where i quickly found my place and friends, having almost no troubles due to already speaking japanese thanks to my mother, who originally ran away with my father from her strict parents in japan.
I often

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Hello Monastery Lead, i wish you a blessed day and hope you are feeling well rested when reading this.
I hope to become a monastery maiden in the future, for Shintoism is very interesting to me, and id like to generally be closer to the shrine, due to me having a little obsession with the building style and culture. I would help by doing my duties, preparing things for rituals, prayer and taking care of guests, and helping them closer to the kami and their own truth.

I do hope you read this and think about my application, I would hope to get a chance at the position of maiden, and perhaps finding a new passion.
It would fill my day and give me material for growth.

With best wishes,
-Camilla G. Viotto

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

You try to avoid negative thoughts as you step up, washing your hands,
after you will proceed towards the piller bowing before walking left by it,
showing respect not only to the kami but the shrine itself.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
To performe a ritual of kami, you must be in the shrine. This is not avoidable in any context.
You must have cleaned yourself, either by washing your hands, face, or body in general and/or taking on cleaner clothing.
Afterwards you may commit to prayer, thanking the kami for all they have done and will do. Do not think badly for a kami who you are praying to.
Only then may you ask for forgivness for your sins.
If you want to introduce another person to your kami you must stand still, bow and clap twice each, speak a prayer and tell the god your companions name and place of living.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
The shinto priest's "job" is second, to get rid of evil spirits who might cause people to do bad things or tempt them into evil. They do this using prayers, offerings to the kami and a lot of purification.
And first, to keep the kami happy and satisfied so not to bestow its rage on the people,
they do this by brining offerings, mediation and brining thanks to the kami.
The Maiden is a helpful hand in most cases, often performing important rituals like cleansing or sacred dances, which are called "Miko"

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
The child must be 33 months of age if female and 31 months of age if male. A priest or Miko has to bestow blessings on the child, wishing them a happy and healthy life. Then the Priest and/or Miko would continue to the miyamairi rite, where they speak the child's name, the names of the parents and other family member's names, the child place of living and date of birth all in one prayer. Now each family member must bow before the altar, giving tamagotchis as offerings to the kami.
Only then is the ritual complete.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
Shintoism is a religion almost as old as the land itself, which came along with buddism. Shintoism means "Way of the gods" and is a polytheism religion, which means there are many gods, called kami. Kami exist for almost everything, trees, rivers, the wind, which all become devine due to this treatment. This religion is a mayor part of japanese culture and history with large influnces across time. It is essential to understand it for you to understand japans history and culture. I would then go on to explain the rules and practices of shintoism.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
Benzaiten, for my character wishes nothing but happiness on herself and her loved ones, she does not care if she is forgotten over time, or if her life does not matter, she only cares to have the short life she has be the best life she can have. She also believes in a flow of things, and how everything is doing what its meant to be doing.
And to be happy, you must not only waddle in pleasure, you must strive, work, and live.
For when the pleasure dulls out, you notice you are empty, so my character aims to reach happiness with work, balance and faith.

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead
- - - -
The next time you are online on your Shrine account, send in a /help for your MAIDEN role : (Include your age in the ticket)
If no one is able to change your role at the current time ; Fill out a role request HERE and wait for a staff member to review your request

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread