ERP Adjustment Suggestion

ProblematicFinn

Level 43
ProblematicFinn
ProblematicFinn
Rich
IGN: ProblematicFinn
DATE: 7/20/2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: An adjustment to ERP.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This would benefit the server where hopefully not many people will be banned for ERP and here's how I'd like the ERP adjustment to be made. I feel that if someone begins ERPing they get a warning about this is considered ERP and that if they keep going with these sort of actions they will be banned instead of just instantly banning someone, or at least make a list of words that would be considered ERP as some players don't know whether something would be considered ERP or not making it if they accidentally mess up and get banned for ERP unintentionally. This would make it so that the server-wide can know what type of phrases, actions, and words to stay away from so that they won't be banned for ERP. Because not every player intentionally tries to ERP sometimes they mess up and don't realize that it was considered ERP. So this is just a small suggestion that I felt could help, because some players are scared to F2B fearing they might slip with phrases or actions having it be considered ERP.

Tarxan

Level 25

The rule against ERP as a whole is reinforced on the daily. Not only by staff, but even by regular players. It is KNOWN that you are not supposed to ERP, and it’s just common decency to be mindful of the type of writing you do within a community that does it’s best to refrain from talking about unnecessarily erotic topics.

ERP is a forbidden thing on RPH due to not only majority of the members being minors, but also because people actually have the morals to not roleplay out things that are incredibly graphic. 'Unintentionally' doing so pretty much just means that you lack the knowledge as to what is and isn't inappropriate to RP out in a server filled with many members yet to reach adulthood.

Aania

Level 166
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
Usually its common sense, if you're typing out an action and you think "Hey, this might count as ERP!", that it's most likely ERP.

ryabh

Level 102
ryabh
ryabh
Notable
Players who join the server are immediately urged to read and understand a basic amount of the rules so they are aware what they should not do, this also includes ERP. The server is not made so that players can log on and enjoy erotic roleplaying and any acts that lead to such are punishable. There is no warning that needs to be given if it is done, however if an action or saying would appear to be erotic or trollish, however not enough to be bannable, they are told off by staff or players. Overall, no changes need to be made on how ERP is handled by staff

AdventureApollo

Level 5
AdventureApollo
AdventureApollo
Fundraiser+
> 18+ player doesn't read rules
> Adult player erotic roleplays with a minor
> Adult is perma-banned after claiming they "accidentally" shoved an █████ up a ████ of a █████ while ██████ with a few dozen emotes.

It's like "accidentally" walking into a police station with a weapon drawn as It's very easy to avoid. Just don't go into the police station or have a weapon to begin with. There's one easy solution to not being perma-banned, don't erotic roleplay, this is Minecraft ffs. It's common sense.

If anybody does approve of ERP on any part of Roleplayhub, I suggest that the person supportive of ERP should attend their local church or temple's seminars to alleviate themselves of their sin. May God, Allah, YHWH, Bhagavan, Akal Purakh, Ahura Mazda, etc. have mercy on their soul.

Kelpy83

Level 2
Lol yeah, honestly ERP online is such a dumbass thing, cuz someone could possibly not be of age to do such things, there could be catfishes, you never really know what you are getting into, some type of crime could be commited in that moment, it is such an unsavery act.

florestia

Level 43
Community Team
Lore Team
florestia
florestia
Omega+
If you have to doubt yourself about what you typed, then don't enter it in chat, it's simple. I hope you understand that there is a huge majority of people on this server that are under the age of 18. I would get why you want a warning before a ban IF staff and other players weren't reinforcing it everyday, but they do and it's clearly highlighted in the rules.

James!

Level 20
Itz_James
Itz_James
Rich+
I personally think erotic roleplaying is fairly stupid. Seeing as a vast majority of this servers player base is populated by minors, being exposed to that type of content isn't going to effect them in a positive way, but destroy their innocence. I don't know if you realized that there are server rules for a reason. Its pretty much common sense, the first thing you do when you join a new server is to read the rules, its honestly not that hard. You do not need to be a genius in order to understand that erotic roleplaying is highly shamed upon, especially on a server that's highly populated by minors who can be easily manipulated, (Like I mentioned in my first sentence.) Also by posting this is very bold of you. I don't know what response you expected but personally I knew this servers community would react in a way you would not agree with. Next time rethink what you are posting, seeing as this topic is rarely discussed, and it should stay that way. Therefore this post gets a downvote from me.​

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Not going to beat a dead horse, ERP bad etc. However,
or at least make a list of words that would be considered ERP
I'm not opposed to this, and actually somewhat agree with having a detailed (but not graphic) list of what is/isn't considered ERP. "If you think it might be ERP, don't post it" is a good benchmark, but it never hurts for SRP to clarify on its rules.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
If you have to question it, you probably shouldnt do it. I dont see how anything that could boarder ERP be relevant to an RP situation. I understand being confused on a rule and thats valid but with this one its very clearly just if you think its going to far- it probably is. Again I just dont see how actions that push the limit are even beneficial to a roleplay experience and help your character develop in anyway

qbigail

Level 77
If you have no self control, and do not know what counts as ERP and what doesn't, you shouldn't be on a server with 13 year-olds-and under. As well as this, if you simply just get a warning, how are people supposed to know that's the punishment?

When you get banned for ERP, you disappear to the inevitable void of banned players for 14 days. If someone sees you do an ERP action, then hours later you're doing the same thing without any staff around. . . how are people, especially new players, supposed to know that ERP is a punishable offence.

This would just create an argument that just simply isn't needed. The argument of "I didn't get a warning before-hand" could be conflicting with staff if someone gets banned.

greehn

Level 111
Players who join the server are immediately urged to read and understand a basic amount of the rules so they are aware what they should not do, this also includes ERP. The server is not made so that players can log on and enjoy erotic roleplaying and any acts that lead to such are punishable. There is no warning that needs to be given if it is done, however if an action or saying would appear to be erotic or trollish, however not enough to be bannable, they are told off by staff or players. Overall, no changes need to be made on how ERP is handled by staff

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
This would benefit the server where hopefully not many people will be banned for ERP and here's how I'd like the ERP adjustment to be made. I feel that if someone begins ERPing they get a warning about this is considered ERP and that if they keep going with these sort of actions they will be banned instead of just instantly banning someone, or at least make a list of words that would be considered ERP as some players don't know whether something would be considered ERP or not making it if they accidentally mess up and get banned for ERP unintentionally. This would make it so that the server-wide can know what type of phrases, actions, and words to stay away from so that they won't be banned for ERP. Because not every player intentionally tries to ERP sometimes they mess up and don't realize that it was considered ERP. So this is just a small suggestion that I felt could help, because some players are scared to F2B fearing they might slip with phrases or actions having it be considered ERP.

i think you worded this wrong- idk but I guess the easiest fix to what you're talking about would be either simply don't RP like that just agree to f2b and move on or make the ERP rule more clear because different staff members have different ideas of what ERP is and isn't

Users who are viewing this thread