Rich

KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

etwonnant

Previous bans:
N/A, I have never had any bans on SRP or any affiliated servers

Describe your activity on the server?:
Due to the recent pandemic, I have been more active on the server. After my long break specifically during early 2020, I had balanced out games, online social life and my actual social life outside, while I am near graduating High School, which is extremely important to me, I am rarely busy due to being able to meet deadlines and assignments (unless I have to study for my exams or other things). When I am unable to be on my computer, I am online on discord for the majority of the time, if not always and will be able to communicate with anyone pretty quickly depending on the situation.

Which timezone are you in?:
GMT+4

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
René♡#2803

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do have one, and I am rarely unavailable

List your current and past applications:
[ROLE APPLICATIONS]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etwonnants-receptionist-application.43856/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnant-etodas-event-team-application.30255/ [DENIED]
I also have a college application, but it was accepted when you had to apply through messages.

[LANGUAGE APPLICATIONS]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnants-jsl-application.41341/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/whysomochi’s-language-application.11770/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/whysomochi’s-language-application.11606/[ACCEPTED]

[REQUESTS]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnants-rank-request.41403/[ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/etonnants-age-change-request.41093/[ACCEPTED]

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I’ve been on SRP for a really long time, approximately 5 years now, and while English is not my first language, most of my knowledge has come from the internet, and especially my time on SRP. While not being perfect, I try to pride myself in the extensive experience and knowledge I have when it comes to DetailRP. I obviously have a creative outlet off SRP and it is where I practice the majority of my writing.

As an English honorary student, I have practiced writing descriptive and creative essays and stories extensively, and my love for character creation and scenario writing helps me achieve satisfactory work constantly. Thanks to my months of working as a School Employee and general CityRP on both my main and alt account, I have become used to FormalRP, SeriousRP and the constant usage of detail when it comes to my actions and interactions with other people.

Examples of short and long actions:

[SHORT ACTION]
/me &7had gripped the rubber lining of his gloves, pulling them down and over his fingers after he had completely sanitized his hands. He looked at the patient who had lied down onto the hospital examining table, taking a seat at his own stool so he could be comfortable as well. &f”What seems to be the problem?”

[LONG ACTION]
/me &7had gently lowered his glasses from the top of his head to his face, picking up the clipboard that was in front of him and rested on the desk so he could clearly read the paper that was attached to it. His eyes scanned each and every line, his brain picking up on all the information so he could summarize it for his patient. He obviously could not be using medical terminology for everything, as patients would be confused, so when he was confident enough with his wording, he parted his lips. &f”Well, Mrs. Doe. Your X-ray results don’t show anything major, but I do see a minor fraction in your tailbone from that fall.” &7Spencer pushed the x-ray image across the desk and closer to the patient, pointing his gloved finger exactly to the spot of the fracture. &f”Coccyx injuries usually heal on their own, but for the next month I advise you to attend physical therapy sessions and will prescribe you a special cushion for a speedy recovery.” &7He looked up at the woman, giving her a look of reassurance.&f”If the pain becomes severe, come see me again, alright? We’re here to make sure you are in tip-top shape.”

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:

I believe that joining the EMS division would be an incredible way to broaden my experience on SRP and also enlighten and expand my view on medicine . While I have no experience working for the KPD or the EMS, I believe that my real experiences can benefit the team, having work experience in a medical field Out Of Character has extended my vocabulary and my knowledge of the topic, but I still believe that is only one door amongst thousands, if not millions of doors in front of me ready to open, and although I do not have any experience applying it to SRP via the EMS team, I believe this is a new field I am competent enough to tackle and benefit. I have explored and experimented with adulthood, parenthood, school and crime roleplay throughout my many years of playing on the server, and my experience with the radio due to my time working as a school employee will surely make it easier for me to handle urgent matters in RP situations when it comes to communication.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
I wish to apply for the Doctor role.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:

Doctors are experienced and certified individuals that are able to legally practice medicine in order to help or restore a patient’s physical health. As a doctor, I should be able to interact with patients and make sure all their worries are soothed while avoiding medical jargon or scary sounding medical terms to make sure that the patient understands what happened and why it occurs.

Some of the duties of a Doctor include:

1. Listening to patients and their symptoms.

2. Diagnosing patients to determine the root problem of their ailment.

3. Prescribing medication.

4. Working with other medical staff to ensure the best treatment is granted to patients.

Doctors should be able to sufficiently diagnose and treat injured patients to the best of their abilities and make sure no harm comes to said patient. Doctors should prescribe proper and the best kinds of medicines to their patients, including refilling those prescriptions if they believe their patient is still in need of it.

Doctors must be able to use the machinery inside of the hospital properly, and competently represent themselves and their field with professionalism and adequacy as the role of medical staff is not simply a title, but it is also taking responsibility of someone at a vulnerable state, where they trust you and feel safe around you, and no medical staff should ever violate that trust or take the patient for granted.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

DIRECTORS/HEAD PHYSICIAN:

This is the head of the hospital, in charge of running every department and they are there to maintain order and organization in the hospital. Directors also encourage and are role models for all medical staff, as they are experienced and are there for guidance.

CLINICAL LEADS:

Clinical leads are the director’s right hand men. Similarly to directors, they are there for guidance and to maintain standards inside the clinical faction they are in charge of. CLs are the most experienced members of each faction, which makes them perfect candidates when it comes to teaching and guiding members of factions when they are in need of it.

SURGEONS:

Surgeons are doctors but they handle more high-risk operations. They have a deep understanding of anatomy due to their roles during surgery. They can do morgue work as well using their knowledge of the human body, as well as being able to physically change the human body to benefit the patient, and this includes organ transplants or removal of dead or damaged tissues, or imbedding implants.

DOCTORS:

Doctors are a faction of the EMS where diagnosis and treatment mostly happens under. Doctors are able to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication to patients. They do basic surgical procedures like dealing with broken bones. They are there for regular checkups and emergency cases as well, and do not specialize in anything specifically.

PSYCHIATRISTS:

Psychiatrists are doctors that specialize in dealing with mental dilemmas rather than physical ones. They offer sessions, either a one time session or multiple depending on the situation, to patients who might need it and are also licensed to diagnose mental illnesses and prescribe proper medication if needed. They also check-up regularly on their patients after prescribing medication to make sure the results are beneficial to the patient.

TRAINEES:

Trainees are also part of the medical team, while they are new, they will be taught carefully by their attending co-workers. They are trained until they’re independent enough to work, and they must be with attending co-workers to treat patients.

Are you aware of the basic medical emergency color codes? If so, with their meanings, specify all those you’re aware of:

CODE RED: Fire or smoke.

CODE ORANGE: Contamination or hazard spill.

CODE YELLOW: Disaster or Internal Emergency.

CODE GREEN: Emergency Services Activation.

CODE BLUE: Medical Emergency inside of Hospital.

CODE VIOLET:
Dangerous or unstable individual.

CODE PINK: Abduction of patient.

CODE BROWN: Extreme weather.

CODE WHITE: Emergency Evacuation.

CODE SILVER:
Active shooter in the area.

CODE BLACK: Explosive Substance or devices found.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

I completely understand. If I do not meet expectations I fully understand that the leads might free me of my duties to give my position to other applicants.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

I do, and I will make sure I will report my inactivity if it’s urgent for me to be offline.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?

I understand and will make sure I attend training to avoid inconvenience and punishment.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

I understand, I shall follow SRP rules as well during my employment if I am accepted.

In-Character (IC) Section

Spencer Marseille

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

A French man standing at a tall height of 6’3” with pale, peachy skin. He had short cinnamon brown hair that was pushed back, sharp emerald eyes and an even sharper jawline. He spoke fluent Japanese, but his French accent would shine through every once in a while, and sometimes, he'd even switch to French as he was better at expressing himself with his mother tongue. While his clothing seemed casual, and so did his piercings, his deep and monotone voice was formal, and so was the way he expressed himself and stood tall. He had a balanced and upright posture, his shoulders straight and his figure more on the muscular side. He smelled of cologne, no specific scent, but a nice one.

What are they like on and off the job?

On and off the job, Spencer is known to stay formal. He is blunt, and does not like to sugar coat his words. While wanting to be respected, he knows it is not something you get every time you meet someone, he knows it is something you earn. On duty, he is the same, he works hard and wants to make sure he meets his higher up’s expectations of him. He is known to ask many questions and is open-minded when it comes to learning new things and being corrected. He does not take offense to it, and loves to speak out when he thinks it’s appropriate. He knows that the role he is given is more than just his title, and a ton of respect and responsibility comes with it. He wishes to be reliable and a role model himself, so he often makes sure everything is perfect, to his standards at least, before sharing it with others.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

Spencer, while maintaining his formality, has a ton of respect and hope for his co-workers. He is blunt, but does not have any mean or disrespectful intentions when he speaks. While being quiet, he does speak out when he thinks it’s appropriate or he has a question to ask his co-worker or higher ups. He unfortunately does not strive to make friends off the bat, as he is not very knowledgeable when it comes to that exactly, but he works every day to ensure he is a better version of himself and is more approachable.

His only plan for the future is to be a better Doctor and meet his late father’s expectations of him. Becoming a Doctor in Karakura would be a great way for him to get back on the field as he had taken a break after his father had died. He wanted to quit, to stop pursuing medicine, but he has learnt that continuing forward is the best action he can take as it will make his late father and his mother proud of him and will give him an opportunity to send his younger sister, Paris, to Law school in the future.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?

N/A

BACKSTORY:

On an early cold morning in March, 1990, in the countryside of Beaune, France, a baby boy was brought into a family of 3. His mother, his father, and his older brother, Jean. Growing up in a small household with only one bedroom other than his parents’, Jean and Spencer did not get along well, and when his parents brought home a baby girl, Paris, in 2003, their sibling bond seemed to get better with the addition of the infant. From his early years. Spencer watched as his father spoke in medical terms at the dinner table to his mother who seemingly understood him, he also noticed that neither Jean or himself understood their father quite well, and Spencer would often interrupt the conversation to ask what some words or phrases meant, which made his father chuckle and attempt to explain it to him. His father was a Surgeon in the city, and he only came home once or twice a week and with him, he brought home gifts and treats from the big and bustling city. His mother would tell Spencer and Jean about their father’s work, and when his father was home, Spencer would raid his suitcase for all types of medical books that he was able to read when he was in middle school.

When he got to highschool, his older brother had just entered University with the want to study business. Spencer was unsure of what he wanted to do, he would either follow in his father’s footsteps, or do something else. He had many hobbies, he enjoyed horse riding, drawing and painting, and even pottery, but he did not know which ones to choose from and pursue. While his appreciation for medicine first started when he was really young, reading those books during middle school was what pushed him to think about pursuing medicine after high school.

Spencer was not the best student, but he tried his best to do as much as he could possibly do. During high school, he had involved himself with shady people, people he regret tagging along with due to his want to be something other than someone who studied 24/7 and he had his fair share of getting in trouble, but, closer to his senior year of High School, he attempted to straighten his behaviour again, and had left behind his past to try to get into a good Medical University in France. While applying to many universities, the main two he had applied to were Université de Paris, Paris Diderot University Faculty of Medicine and Université de Lyon , Claude Bernard University Lyon 1 Faculty of Medicine, he had begun working for a small clinic in his town, under one of his father’s friends. It was simple work, he cleaned, transferred samples, checked patient charts, and most importantly, was guided and taught by his employee throughout his time working there. Spencer got accepted into Université de Lyon, which he thought was probably the luckiest he had been in his life, and he was sure that his luck would only grow in time.

Unfortunately for him, this would be where his life took a drastic turn, his luck did the opposite of grow. While being in medical school, his father had passed away due to natural causes, and while he still had his mother and siblings, he felt as if a huge crater had been made in his heart, and his life, and most of his motivation for success had been drained. Spencer didn’t know what to do with his life, but what he did know is that he must continue on his journey, he still had people that loved and cared for him, and his father, no matter what, was always proud of him. So, he continued on with his studies, and had graduated, only to go back to school to pursue an MD in 2018, while he wanted to pursue a PH.D, he knew he had a long life to do that, so instead, he began searching for job opportunities. He obviously had plenty of them in France, but during a spontaneous decision, or rather a drunk one, he had decided to move with his younger sister to Japan, where she wanted to pursue a Law degree.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Spencer Marseille

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.

Characters Given Name(s):
Spencer

Characters Preferred Name:
Spencer
-
Spenc

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:
Male
-
He/Him

Characters Religious Domination:

Catholicism

Characters Marital Status:
Single

Characters Nationality:
French

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

Spencer has completed 4 years of residency

Working Experience(s):
While he did not work at a proper Hospital when he lived in France, he did work in a small clinic in Beaune, a lovely countryside in his early years of medical school.

Academic Degree:
Spencer has an MD in medicine.

Year of Graduation:
Spencer graduated Highschool in 2009 and graduated university in 2017, and got his MD in 2020.

Major(s):
He majored in Nursing, Biology, Biochemistry & Human Physiology

Minor(s):
Economics

Native Languages:
French

Other Languages:
Japanese, Spanish​

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread