None

What is your timezone?:
EST Eastern Standard Time

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
Antarctica#2209

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes absolutely.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I am on the server daily for hours on end and surf around the forms everyday looking for events and whatnot (Incase I miss something in the discord and to see what's going on that isnt posted). On average I am on the server for an unhealthy amount of 5/6 hours and scavenge around the forums to find ideas for suggestions as well as meeting people to rp with them icly later. A lot of times I sit around in the plaza and just meet people since a lot of my friends aren't as active as I am.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
Overall around 2 years come August

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
School Rp // Language Application (Italian) - ACCEPTED
School Rp // 3rd Language Application (Korean) - ACCEPTED
School Rp // 3rd Language Authorization (Korean) - ACCEPTED
School Rp // Language Application (Korean) - ACCEPTED
School Rp // Language Application (Korean) - DENIED
School Rp // Language Application (Russian) - ACCEPTED
School Rp // Language Application (Italian) - ACCEPTED

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
Main account - ign: Subarctica | rpname: Ishiki Otsutsuki ~ College Bachelor
Alt account I am applying for - Ign: xAngeles | rpname: Saint Buono ~ Grade 8

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?
:
I have wanted to become a professor or some form of school staff for a long time. I love interactions with the players and quite honestly, I did not know the process all that well. After coming off my last deployment, I figured now was a good time to apply given that I would not be horribly busy from the military any longer. The professor position being my motivation as to being able to hold my own classes and instruct my own classes sounds so appealing, as I one day want to acquire my own teaching degree as I dual-major Psychology-Education so that I will be a professor too! I hope to get into social sciences in the SRP just as I do as a normal student.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are the methods to keep track of instructor progress. This is to ensure that those who are to be holding classes as teachers and professors are actually holding themselves to academics standards. I believe its importance is for fairness as those who are actually actively holding classes deserve the rewards as those who do the bare minimum get as they receive. Those classroom logs ensure there are no lies or exaggerations or for lack of better term, lying. Pay roster and maintaining your job is very important!

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Rule #1: Respect to all within the room:
This rule is set in place to maintain a sense of safety to those in the room. I believe people learn better when in an environment that is deemed safer and where they are respected and/or valued as a human for a lack of better terms. Everyone in the classroom are all subject to being given the same opportunity as the person sitting next to them. This includes no discrimination, bullying, harassments, assault or unwanted behavior of any form towards any other persons.

Rule #2: Suspension of cell phone usage:
As we all know phones distract. Nothing is really more rude than when someone is attempting to speak with you, you are engulfed in your phone not paying attention. Phone calls can disrupt others trying to hear whoever is speaking as well as draw attention to themselves rather than the lesson at hand. This will only lead to failing grades and the possibility of no progression as valuable lessons will be administered and tests following said lessons. When we are in class, we are attentive and the lesson is more important than talking to your friends. If an emergency comes up, the student will be excused however the conversation will be monitored as they whisper near the front of the room.

Rule #3 Plagiarism:
There will be no form of cheating or plagiarism of any form. This will be punishable to the highest degree and I will not be lenient or give a pass on this. Immediate reporting upon confirmation (Which is fairly easy). I work on the trust but verify system and regardless of positioning and grades, I will have the matter sent to the higher ups and see to it you are removed from the college program.

Rule#4 No Foolishness:
I will not tolerate horseplay. I understand that it may be a long day however breaks are to be utilized as times to blow off steam and play, NOT IN CLASS. Class is for those to be attentive and learn in order to progress with life. One student can ruin it for everyone and I do not stand for watching students mess around and waste the time of those who truly wish to learn and participate.

Rule #5 No Food/Hard Drinks:
There will be no distribution of food items or alcoholic beverages. This is college and most of the students are of age, however class is not the time nor the place. Coffee beverages in the mornings as well as water are completely fine as long as used within regulation, i.e. not just showing up late because there was a line at the coffee shop or convenience stores. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted and will be confiscated as well as punishment administered after the incident being reported to the higher ups. Ignorant behavior will not be allowed or tolerated.

Rule #5 Profanity
I feel this goes along with respect. We are in college and I expect to treat everyone as adults. This means there will be no profanity of any kind. We speak as professionals just as you would in a work setting. After all, you cannot just be sitting with your boss and swearing like a sailor. Most want professionals who are good when speaking to others and come off as someone serious that is dependable. It also casts yourself into a horrible light. No one want someone that does not come off as well oriented.

Rule #6 Bathroom Usage:
Students are permitted to use the restroom one at a time. I understand that we are in class for long periods of times, however this does not give you the excuse to waltz around the campus. You are entrusted to return immediately after finishing your business. I am not buy any means a baby sitter, and if I notice failure to return, or a pattern of excuses, I will by all means have this issue reported. You are permitted to one bathroom usage per class sitting. And you must wait a total of 30 minutes (icly) following the beginning of class before asking to go.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I've played a lot of roleplaying games every since I had the opportunity to pick up a controller/keyboard and mouse. From military units on Grand Theft Auto V, with many friends on their server. Acting as military soldiers, we would enact transporting goods through convoys all across the Los Santos map. After GTA V started to die off, I moved into RP on Rust. My friends and I had 6 total factions. Composed of around 5-7 of us at a time, we each followed laws set by someone we elected as a representative. The representative would sit on a council like chair and advocate for each faction as a sort of parliament. Of the 6 representatives, deals, trades, alliances would be formed. There were social classes, such as hunters, farms, soldiers and leaders. When wars took place, you had the option to kill the inhabitance, or force them into labor. Though if escaped from captivity or rescued by a enemy faction, the same rules apply. War was very structure that in order to declare it, you first need to have it known in the council which would invoke a temporary removal of the two reps for the war mongering factions. The losing faction would lose their seat and the winning faction would gain the seat until the losing faction was able to elect a new leader and gain their seat back. However we all know Rust died. Fast forward into The Forest, we all had little factions. in total there were 17 players (We only had on 8 of us at a time since that is the max). These factions we often set up small camps of 3/4 of us after completion of the game. We waged wars and raids but followed rules such as, raids can only happen upon completion and victory of the war, or that you cannot just wage war, but an enemy clan had to have provoked you by looting within your borders and being spotted. You were allowed allies with different areas and borders of the map were marked with landmarks. Every village had a name and a leader. Leaders could send a soldier to be a diplomat for trade and other needs to neighboring nations and having common grounds to meet, leader to leader. Leaders were not allowed to take part in combat unless an invasion or raid occurred. Leaders were responsible for farming and maintained inner village resources. After that began to die off, a friend of mine recommended the SRP. At first I didn't like it, however I played more and more before I was deployed to Germany for 6 months. upon my discharge from Active duty to the national guard, I played more and more. I began to love it and experienced the entire bit of SRP. I've made a lot of friends and come across so many different people. Even though it's only been 2 years on this server, I feel like I've been here for a long time. All the new and old faces coming around. I've had a lot of moments with my characters, from their heartbreaks, to greatest achievements. Though sometimes I mess up, I learn quickly and improve myself. Overall I love roleplay and will more than likely not stop with it for a very long time.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?

The Tasks of professors the maintaining and instruction of college students in the Karakura Community College. Our classes are to be more advanced and structured than the High School classes as we expect a lot more maturity. Given Teachers curriculum is more vague, college professors strictly focus on a single topic or as most would address it as, a major. Also unlike High School, grade progression is completely different. College students must test in order to go from Bachelor's Degree to the Masters Degree Program and then to receive their Doctorates Degree in the PhD Program (If that being the path they want). Our goal is to help them gain the education that the college students wish to receive.

Salary - Professors start with a base of ¥450,000, after a completion of 15 total classes. Though, there is the option to receive up to 500,000 if 10 extra classes or 25 in total are held and logged by the end of every month.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Saint's older days left him in and out of prison. He takes every lesson from his past and uses it to tell any and everyone that they are able to change. After growing up selling and logging contraband, to becoming a well refined gentleman. He uses this to his advantage and preaches it to the youth that there is more to life than simply being a delinquent or causing trouble. When he speaks, there is a more authoritative tone, with a lack an ability to argue with anyone as his patience is still thin as a relic of his days within the mafia. Saint does believe there is a reasoning behind everything and aligns himself with the famous Samuel Adam's line, "Everyone has the right to a fair trial no matter how wrong the crime". In all, Saint is 6'3 and looks to be quite the gym person. His time with the Italian Special Forces left a mark in how he trains his body. Everyday he does his morning run, followed by a good weight session. Though he is not a hulking monster, he regulates himself to look an almost-slim muscular body. Just as I said about the free trial, as fights break out, he hears out both sides before deciding how to go further with the information and relaying it to any staff. His clothing would be seen as rather casual hiding all his scars, cuts and stitches that liter his body from both his mafia and military life. His eyes would be a soft brown to compliment his lighter colored hair. However Saint is not one to talk about his income from his previous life style, this is very much picked up when the whiff of his expensive cologne catches anyone's' attention. He plans to use his life as a lesson. He wants to leave behind his old life and spend the rest of his days in Japan with his nephew, adopting him as his son. being Italian he highly respects anyone that shows the same respect back. heavy on the treat others the same way wish to be treated in return, and also believes heavily that everyone deserves a second chance after learning their lesson. He's very big on respect given all he has gone through, and truly wishes to educate the youth on how to move forward and become the best people they can be. He looks at other school staff as those the most responsible for the future of the world as they are the best examples someone could have aside from parental figures. School is a place of learning and growing as a person so that opportunities are granted to everyone. This is very well understood that given his young status, most, if not all, the other instructors are his elders and he will respect them as such. "Treat the janitor as you would treat the CEO", he says. "No one is a lesser being than anyone else and I will extend the same handshake to a teacher as I would another professor because in this world, they are the ones who give education and the real backbone of society". Given his childhood and not really having the chance to attend schooling the same way as most normal children, he learned everything the hard way including how to read, write and do math. Seeing other kids running around with knives only aches his heart knowing that dark path they are on is very hard to get out of and would rather throw himself in front of the bullet than allow the younger generation to be hit and something that younger generation was not even able to get was stripped from them. Especially that he's seen children killed and even had to kill some youth or their families only drives him further into wanting to do whatever he can for the younger generation. Hearing and coming to know crime is very potent in Karakura, he wishes to make the streets of the city just that much safer, one step at a time. After losing his wife to gang violence, he understands the impact that can and will have on another person. After teaching for a while, he plans to retire off the teaching end and run for a government position in hopes of helping out the law better. This coming from himself wanting nothing more than to make the world a safer place for everyone.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

First offense I issue a warning. Asking them to kindly lower their voices as they are within the building. Second offense I tell them to lower their voices. If the warning is not heeded, it will be radioed in.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
Saint is not one to humiliate anyone, so he would kindly ask the disruptive student to redirect their focus to the class. If the problem persists, there will be an after-class one on one discussion in order for a better understanding as to why the student has broken the rules knowing the stakes at hand. After determining the cause, that will decide the outcome of the matter at hand.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Would look down reaching to take the papers stacked on his desk neatly shuffling them into place order before glancing back at the class in preparation to hand out the assignment.

/me He leans back onto his desk folding his arms and surveying the room glancing over everyone before giving a slight head nod at <insert player name> to answer the question.

/me Gestures over to the board studying each students facial reaction to his previous wording pausing in order to find if any hands were raised before continuing with his lecture.

Backstory

St Mario Santarona-Buono was born in the year 1993 and comes from Siracusa, Sicily. in his younger years, he served under his father who at the time was the leader of the largest crime syndicate in Italy, and one of the largest in the world. He moved contraband, took lives and snuck deals with local and province police. Growing up on criminal activity along side his brother made his father oh so very proud. Though his younger years soon changed as the Italian government cracked down harder on criminal activities and eventually seeping moles into each and every family possible. Saint's family no different. This lead to allied gangs turning on one another and blood baths in the streets. The Buono Family stayed strong and began to influence the government by using Saint as a messenger. One day, while Saint was out on a message delivery to Mayor of Siracusa, his father was assassinated by a rival gang. Saint was 19 when this took place. Scarred, Saint did not take the helm of the Mafia and allowed his older brother to take the place as the Don. Sticking As they grew he came to realize that he is the brother to a very wealthy and cutthroat Mafia Don who now acts as the head of the Buono family. Inheriting some money from his father, Saint was seen as the main man to make connections to other gangs, the Italian government and other world leaders to the Buono Mafia which practically made the mafia a global network. Though he comes from the Mafia life, he decided to try something new and ended up serving time in the Italian Special Forces as a sniper, receiving a medal of honor, while attending the school of psychology, graduating at The University of Milan, meeting who would become his wife, a girl by the name of Rebeckah. She was a Scottish woman transferring to Milan for a degree in medical arts. The two of them quickly falling in love and dating for years before eventually settling down in Rome at the age of 22, away from his previous life as the mafia's second commander. After marriage, she worked at a local hospital as a primary care provider along side her husband, Saint, working the Psych department, while taking classes online through the University of Tokyo to gain his degree in Education. However, the Mafia Life did not leave him behind. Eventually his wife was killed by a amateur gang wanting to get a score on his brother's group resulting in a widowing and graduating online from The University of Tokyo with his Masters in Education at the age of 26. That being his last straw, and all these new experiences gave him a different outlook of life that resulting in the lack of seeing the same views as his brother. Learning of many experiences in different cultures, Saint traveled the world visiting different cultures to better understand and learn about how the world works. His story comes to Tokyo, Japan. For his first job, he worked instructing a European History class at the University of Tokyo for 3 years, before switching to Psychology for another 2 years Everyday giving more and more reason to keep going after the loss of his beloved wife. Finding his legs and the eldest son of his brother, Saint decided to settle. Ever so much of him misses Italy as his days go on. His high held standard for Italian culture still remains as he walks this very day. This is heavily expressed as he still claims Italy as his homeland and Japan to be his second home. Saint's personality is based on respect and honor. Just as his brother and those in the family before him, he respects all of his elders and loves to learn and grow. Though his pride for Italy will never subside, he is open to new cultures and does not see himself to blame ignorance as an issue for causing problems. He loves to get work done in order to have his free time preserved later. He is completely okay with being in the wrong and can own up to his mistakes so long as there is a lesson behind each time. Though he will never intentionally try to cause trouble, his attitude towards troublemakers is intolerance. Everything he does, he does for her.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:

St. Mario Santarona-Buono

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Dr./Mr. Buono

Given Name(s):
Saint, Vito, Mario, Santa

Preferre1d Name:
Saint, Vito, Mario, Santa

Religious Denomination:
Roman Catholic

Marital Status:
Single (Widowed)

Nationality:
Italian

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

4 Years Teaching - University of Tokyo at Shibuya
University of Tokyo - Professor of European History in the Department of History ~ 2 Years (2018-2020)
University of Tokyo - Professor of Social Sciences in the Department of Psychology ~ 2 Years (2020-2022)

Working Experience (# of years):
Italian Special Forces "Caesars Division" Sniper Corps (2012-2015)
4 Years Clinical Psychology - Policlinico Universitario A. Gemelli Clinica di psicologia (A. Gemelli University Hospital Psychology Clinic) (2015-2017)
4 Years Teaching - University of Tokyo At Shibuya (2017-2022)

Academic Degree:
University of Milan Honors Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
University of Milan Master's Degree in Clinical and Developmental Psychology
University of Tokyo Bachelor's Degree in Education
University of Tokyo Master's Degree in Education and Learning
University of Tokyo PhD in Higher Education and Advanced Learning

Year of Graduation:
University of Milan - Bachelor's class of 2015
University of Milan - Master's class of 2016
University of Tokyo - Bachelor's class of 2019
University of Tokyo - Master's class of 2020
University Of Tokyo - Doctorate's class of 2022

Major(s):
Psychology Social Sciences
Higher Education

Minors:
20th Century European History
Japanese History

Native Languages:
Italian

Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No, I do not
Preferred Teaching Subject:
20th Century History or Psychology

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

None
Do you have any questions?:
None

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/wcAdvrRP

Users who are viewing this thread