Level 60
_Ferri
_Ferri
Notable
• • ───────────────────────────────────────────────── • •
Event Team app

IGN: _Ferri / EvadeTaxes / _Ferrri

Explain your activity on the Server:

I’m always seeking new experiences on SRP. The first big change on my routine on the server was when I joined the council, and I started looking at my work as something bigger than myself, suggesting events, helping with them and being responsible for the experience of a lot of players.

Those experiences really changed the way I see SRP overall and, nowadays, it’s the stuff that I’m looking for and what I try spending my time on. It can be planning events with the council, thinking about new stuff to implement in school or even doing my best as a cop in the KPD.

I’m pretty much always on in discord and my timezone allows me some flexibility to be on during the peak times on SRP, which I try to enjoy the most, whenever I can.

What previous experience do you have working in a team?:

To be completely honest, I was never the kind of person that worked well in a team. I always did stuff the way I wanted, I felt more productive working alone and, simply, didn't have the patience to listen or to teach others myself, always counting on me and, hardly ever, a few friends to help me out. This kind of attitude used to work pretty well for me, since I didn’t need to count on anyone’s responsibilities or problems, and it was simply comforting to me.

And that has been perpetuated since a few years ago, when I decided to join a debate club in the school where I study. Today I can conclude that it was the worst and best experience of my life, mainly for the way that it changed the perception that I had over my work and my own life and the way that I viewed a team.

At first, it was really a struggle to allow myself to give up on some ideas and individualist postures that I was, always, used to have and it really took me out of my comfort zone in order to exceed in the thing that I found myself passionate about. I learnt the time to listen, the time to speak, the time to give up on ideas that I deemed ‘better’ than the others, and so on and so on. It wasn’t easy to change years and years of a closed mindset to adapt to a whole different level of responsibility that I wasn’t used to. However, the same way this whole situation introduced me to this new ‘discomfort’ it showed me how a team can accomplish things that you alone can not.

So, finally, getting to the point of the question asked, my experiences with teamwork can be summarized by one word, which is also contained in the same expression, which is: “work”. Being a part of team, in my conception, means effort (when I had to build an argument to the others and explain it in a way that everyone could comprehend), patience (to explain the reasons, motifs, strategies to your colleagues, understanding some eventual struggles that some of them may have and be down to, calmly, deal with it),

What makes you different from other applicants:

I truly believe that everyone has some skills that can be useful and make our work be unique in some way. However, the range of abilities that I have, could make me a good fit for the job.

I am a very communicative person, I like to talk and love to meet new people, meaning that I will always be there to talk to people and discuss ways to implement an event or plan something we are working on. I have been a part of those situations multiple times, like when we wanted to discuss a project for the council with all the club leaders and I was the one to reach them, plan everything and explain how it could help them and what they would have to do.

I am, also, someone that always looks for new ways to differentiate my work, that being creating new ways to make it more efficient or challenging myself with a harder task and making everything in my power to prove to myself that I’m capable of doing so. Some examples that I can give you are the experiences that I had, recently, in the KPD, where I was able to climb every rock in my way and exceed in my job and, on my second month there, I was able to be the officer of the month.

With all that said, I’m here to, again, set an objective for myself and prove that I’m ready for it. Hopefully, the Event-Team will be a place that allows me to fly and show my sparkle to the world.

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team

(Disclaimer: I Divided this section in two parts, the first one being in a whole specific theme and the other one being more ‘free’ to be included in day-to-day activities)

──────────────────────── • ─ • ────────────────────────
Part one

(In order to get more in the ‘vibe’ of the event, I suggest listening to this song while you read this part.)

Intro:
The main idea for this part is about prohibition and how it would affect the SRP world overall. It was a question that I asked myself a while ago and decided to develop the event. I hope you enjoy it!

LORE:

The evening seemed ordinary, not many unusual things happening in the peaceful housing district, until, a loud brake noise followed by an even louder crash sound, woke up a few houses around the Herrington estate and the ambulances sinfony was responsible for waking up the rest of the neighbourhood. ‘Junior’ Herrington was the name that consumed every piece of media in the town the following days.

The car accident really shocked everyone in town, particularly, the Herrington family, who were harassed by every Journalist in town the next day. Not much was said during the following day, making the family’s pronunciation, 3 days later, quite surprising. A long, and full of grief, video, that lasted a bit less than an hour, was published on the Journalist Club’s website. Not many unusual things were said, however, Commissioner Herrington’s speech was quite memorable, showing not only grief during the talk, but some kind of anger, highlighted by the final words of the monologue “I will do whatever it takes to punish the responsibles”.

The following morning, Karakura woke up with the same siren ‘music’ that played during the fateful night, days before. However, these sirens had a different tone, something that matched Preston Herrington’s speech… something… angry. The citizens found out the news a few hours after breakfast, when all the media in town were crucifying the mayor by the new law: “From now on, all alcoholic drinks are PROHIBITED in Karakura!”.

A long thread was published in Soul-Line, something about a meeting of the cousin of a friend of someone’s doctor, who, apparently, was a big friend of the mayor. During such ‘meetings’ the mayor mentioned a higher-up of the police force offering some amount of money and wanted ‘action’ for his family. It wasn’t hard to connect the dots after the gossip and, by the end of the week, everyone in town was certain that Commissioner Herrington, indeed, found the ‘responsible’ and did, whatever it takes, to punish it.

EVENT SUMMARY:

Requirements:

Some factions participation (mainly city and school factions)
Maybe, Build Team

SCHEDULE / EVENTS PER DAY

(music dedicated to this part.)

────────────────────(DAY 0)────────────────────

A ‘prohibition’ law was implemented in Karakura after the Commissioner’s cousin died in a car crash, apparently, due to being drunk and driving in the middle of the night. From now on (at least during the event’s duration) any alcoholic drinks will be considered illegal and will NOT be permitted in any circumstances.

The day before it starts, there will be an /event that reads: “A loud car crash noise would be heard from many places in town. All the hints lead to the fact that it happened at the housing district.” During the situation, EMS would be called to the place and a big accident would be seen. A car, completely, crashed against Herrington estate’s wall and a young body was carried inside the ambulance.

OBJECTIVE:

Introduce the event and provide some kind of environment that will enroll in the next few days

────────────────────(DAY 1)────────────────────

News would be published in every piece of media in town, advertising the new law (discord announcements). In the server, a /event would be provided as well, advertising a link that leads to the news in the Journalist club discord or to an ICLY thread in the forums. During the day, an announcement could be, also, posted in the Emergency discord with the new ‘laws’ that the KPD and EMS will start following, new procedures, etc. After that, a thread will, also, be posted in Soul-Line, about the ‘gossips’ regarding the case. ‘Is the commissioner corrupt?’; ‘How does this benefit the police?’ and some conspiracy theories about the new law (I could provide such threads as well).

EVENT :

To show the ‘firm hand’ that the police would have after the new law, officers would guard the school gates with breathalyzers and inspect the entrance of the students in the campus. This act would, mainly, suit as a ‘demonstration of power’ and to set the tone to the following days in Karakura.

────────────────────(DAY 2)────────────────────

The citizens of Karakura weren’t happy with the new rules that were required to follow and the complaints about the harsh laws and the reason why the citizens must pay for the commissioner’s cousin's mistake was questioned constantly. The school, also, suffered it’s share of consequences, surprising everyone with a welcoming ‘drunkenness’ inspection before class. Police officers at the front and back gates, using breathalyzers with every student that went inside school… The commissioner wasn’t going to play during service and this, simply, served as a big wake up call to the students and citizens overall.

EVENT - Shop openings (without alcohol).

Example: Shinboshi Sakaya and other alcohol selling shops could advertise something different (like their other products), however, they could set a ‘password’ in order to get the secret stock (alcohol). It could create some interesting contraband vibe to people that never used to do such kind of criminal RP. Also, some contraband places could be built (something quite simple, perhaps under the shops, just to set the tone of secret to the deals).

Another idea is to have a Luxe party without drinks. Such events could reverberate negatively towards the new law and contribute to some kind of rebellion against the government etc.

────────────────────(DAY 3)────────────────────

Frustrated and outraged by the new measures, the Soul-Line community decided to take action and show their posture against the recent events. A message would be sent to every phone in town. ( /event ) [!] An anarchy waving flag gif would be here [!] - Freedom is not a right to be played with. A handful of aristocrats will not command our lives! If you do not agree with the recent, tottalitary, events, join us against the system (a link to a thread in Soul-Line would be here)

A party announcement would be disclosed in a new thread in the anonymous website, a rave against the system, loaded with alcohol and fun, that was being “repressed” by the police in the last few days… (what a way to fight the system, huh?).

The party could be announced in the next few days so people can prepare for it etc etc.

OBJECTIVE
Promote: character interactions, a revolt feeling among the citizens, more users in Soul-Line and roleplay, overall.

────────────────────(DAY 4)────────────────────

Concerned about the well being of the population and the imminence of various withdrawal cases in the town, the Karakura Hospital decided to take action and open some rooms for a support group.

The Psychiatrist lead would announce an “Alcoholics Anonymous” group that would have a few meetings throughout the day (or days). The doctor’s words had a clear contrast with the commissioner, being calmer, comprehensive and, almost, with a mocking tone regarding the new law.

The meetings would be announced on the hospital website with all the guidelines for the group (Emergency discord).

EVENT - Alcoholics Anonymous

During the day, the Psychiatrist lead would announce to the whole town: (/event)“In this opportune time, the Karakura Hospital, proudly, announce the creation of a new support group, dedicated to all of those, currently, struggling with addiction or any type of drinking-related problems. Come to the hospital to check it out or give it a read on our website (link to emergency discord).”

The main idea for this is to promote hospital activities and immerse the player more in the event.

The mechanics for it could be very simple. FIRST, you go to the hospital and wait for a psychiatrist to designate you to a group or to ask you to wait for more people to come. Once there were enough people (judged by the psychiatrist) you would go up to a room, where everyone would be able to share their experiences and the doctor would give everyone tips to fight the addiction. Nothing complicated or boring or long, for the sake of everyone’s time and joy.

────────────────────(DAY 5)────────────────────

The time has come, a lot of teenageers wearing fancy outfits and carrying the most vibrant make-up on their faces, ready to PARTY! The Soul-Line rave was a couple hours from start and people were already gathering close to the meeting place.

Everything went quite well during the first few hours of loud music, shiny lights and lots and LOTS of alcohol. However, when the people started directing themselves to the exit… SURPRISE!!! A big police squad waited for them.

After the first “PIGS!” yell, the fun vibes turned to a loud chaos. Cups flying, people being pushed and falling… everything that you can and can’t imagine was happening during the time, however, the police didn’t bother to play with the drunk teens, with some quick talking and open-ended questions, they found the “responsibles” for the party, that left the location with handcuffs scars on their wrists, while the rest of the teenagers ran away.

EVENT - Soul-Line Party

I believe the lore explains it pretty well, it will have the party and the police will find it out and gather at the exit / entrance of the place, giving all the people inside a big surprise. A few questions will be asked and they will take the DJ for further questioning, however, at the end of the investigation, it would be quite clear that they got the wrong guy and the whole “Soul-Line anonymity” will remain… anonymous.

────────────────────(DAY 6)────────────────────

Outraged by the “invasion” of the Police, Soul-Line, once again, sent a message to everyone in town: (/event) “[!] A pigsty gif [!] The pigs will not block our rights, our freedom is not their toy! Join us, TODAY, to fight against the dirty aristocrats! Join our manifestation at the front gates after school.”

The slow walk, filled with outraged yelling and angry words, began to get to the police station, where a wall of officers was, already, planted there. Not much happened there besides yelling, screams and some insults to the commissioner’s mother… However, the big surprise was Preston Herrington, himself, witnessing the whole act.

The highlight of the day was the commissioner's speech to calm down the crowd, announcing: “The Karakura Police Department will not arrest anyone for drinking alcohol anymore, however, anyone found with alcohol will be fined. Now LEAVE THE AREA!”

The new words seemed to be enough to divert a big part of the people away, remaining only a couple heated manifestants at the doors of the delegation. Even though the measures weren’t enough to cease the angry teens, it was enough to live another night.

────────────────────(DAY 7)────────────────────

Karakura woke up with a warm summer breeze, with a clean sky and the sun, shining brighter than the last few weeks. The morning news brought the same vibe, with the mayor himself, announcing the end of the latest measures. The law was revogated and all the people arrested for drinking or possession of alcohol were forgiven and released. Announcing the end of the event.

FINAL NOTES:

I know that this whole event sounds like a bad netflix series plot, but I truly believe that the occasions could provide some interesting scenarios and force non-criminal roleplayers to do that kind of stuff. It could also start many debates in the city, regarding the consumption and legalization of alcohol. It is also a long duration event, which COULD promote more engagement and immersion.

ALSO, take all the lore and events as a suggestion, all the characters that I got serve, simply, as a sketch for the event, it doesn’t mean that any of them would have done the acts that I wrote about.

──────────────────────── • ─ • ────────────────────────
Part two

(Independent events, pretty much day-to-day events.)

(music dedicated to this part)

KARAKURA CLEANING DAY

LORE:
An ordinary weekday began, with students walking to the school, teachers getting ready to class and… janitors gathering around the principal’s office??? Apparently it wasn’t an ordinary day after all.

A meeting was set up and the entire SLT had a long talk with the janitors that DEMANDED a higher wage. “The students are worse than pigs!!!” - one of them said. “I used to work at the sewers… AND IT WAS CLEANER THAN THE MALE’S BATHROOM!” Another one said. With all the arguments presented to the principal, dean and respective SLT members, they decided to walk around the school and found a big pigsty that, one day, was called campus.

Outraged by that, they decided to promote a cleaning campaign in school, setting a date for such an event. During the day, the students would be cleaning some school classrooms and hallways and the most ‘productive’ ones would be rewarded with school tokens, etc.

MECHANICS: In order to have a fun event, we don’t want the players to only spam actions cleaning the school, but make something similar to a treasure hunt. Some classrooms and hallways could have some rubble where you could parkour around and search for signs with codes or a chest with rewards inside. Some rooms could also include some kind of cleaning /me to reveal a code for the chest or a code to reward you something. In the end, the codes would grant them reward tokens or extra credit for future evaluations (graduation test or major / PHD test).

The event would be announced at Karakura Academics discord and could be done sometime close to the tests to promote more engagement

Requirements:

Build Team
School Faction

IRON MAN - KARAKURA

EXPLANATION: Honestly, there’s not much to say here, it’s just an Iron Man competition in Karakura. Iron Man is a very demanding triathlon task. The whole objective of it is to put your skills to the edge and prove that you have the strengths to be an “Iron Man”.

During the whole task, you need to run 42km, swim 3,8km and ride a bike for another 180. For SRP standards, we could use the situation as a way to celebrate the reopening of the beach. Everyone could gather at one of the entrances of it, where the triathlon would start. They would run from one side to the other and start swimming from the other side, back to where they started running. After getting to that place, they would get the bikes and run around the town (in a pre-made trajectory) and get to the end.

There could, also, be a prize to the 5-10 first to get there, maybe items from a shop that is sponsoring the event or maybe a cash prize that I could provide.

Requirements:

Build Team (to build the course)
Staff / volunteers to inspect thee runners (to see if they are cheating or not)

Final Notes:

Thank you for taking your time to read my application and I hope that the few minutes that you spent here didn’t feel like a waste.

Have a good day!

Last edited:

hebwig

Level 111
ACCEPTED

- Thank you for applying for the event team! This application is phenomenal and we cannot wait to have you as a member. Having events which last longer than a day and include long-lasting lore for our sister team is unique and an amazing asset which you will provide!
- Contact heb#5009 ASAP on Discord to join the Discord and receive your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread