OOC INFORMATION

IGN (In-Game Name):

ExorcisticSaint

What is your discord username?:

DigitalExorcist

What is your timezone?:

EST; Eastern Standard Time

Describe your activity on the server:

I started originally playing SRP back in December of 2023, introduced to it by a friend! Even when I lost my account to hacking, I came back and have been playing since! I’m usually on throughout the day, unless I have work or spending a bit of time with family/friends. I am starting up online college classes again here soon, but even then, I’ll be studying at home.
For better clearance!

Sunday​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
9AM-11PM​
10AM-12AM​
10AM-10PM​
9AM-4PM​
9AM-4PM​
9AM-4PM​
10AM-11PM​

List your current roles on the server:

Fox Whitelist, Bird Whitelist
Teacher [UT]
Grade 12 x3

Link any previous applications:

[Accepted]

https://schoolrp.net/threads/sleepyghostly-art-teacher-application.73223/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/itshauntingbtws-language-application.69021/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/itshauntingbtws-language-application.69383/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/itshauntingbtws-language-application.71437/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/itshauntingbtws-other-application.71472/

[Denied]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/itshauntingbtw-doctor-application.71796/

What position are you applying for (Maiden or Priest)?

I am applying for the maiden position!

What is your motivation for applying?

To be honest, my motivation comes from the idea of expanding my Roleplay knowledge and experience! A lot of people come up to the Shrine for interaction or just to relax, and I’ve always liked going up to the Shrine, usually my friends and I will go up there and detail RP family, or religionRP.

But, I also really enjoy learning about new Religions and the people’s beliefs and meanings behind them. I’ve heard of Shintoism before, and wanted to learn more about it. But never really had the time. But now with me having free time, and being in the Shrine Faction, makes this an opportunity to learn!

What do you currently know about Shintoism? Are you willing to learn more about it?

I know a few things that I’ve heard from ICLY interactions and also from a few friends that I know OOCLY that have visited Japan, from Japan and believe in Shintoism.
Shintoism is a religion that believes everything- And I’m talking about rocks, trees, leaves, rivers, and valleys; all have spirits. They believe that humans are made to be good, and evil is made by evil spirits which corrupt humans and other living/non-living things.

Shintoism beliefs of living in a world of harmony with the Gods (of which there is a belief that there are many MANY Gods) and the world around them.
I have also learned stories from ‘Kitsa’ (Icly), of her lives that she remembers and her duties in her current life.

Other than that, that’s all I really know. And as for learning, I want to learn everything that I can. Whatever the priests or other Maidens have to teach me. Whether that be about the past, the present and what to expect.

Green_and_White_LinkedIn_Header_3.png

IC INFORMATION

Character Full Name:

Odessa ‘Odie’ Hanazono

Character Title:

“Miss/Ms, works perfectly for me.”

Character Age:

“I am 22 Years old.”

Character Marital Status:

“I’m not married, but I am in a relationship.”

Character Nationality:

“I am mixed between Russian and Danish.”

Degree/Certifications (If applicable):

Minor Degree in Psychology
Major in Literacy

Backstory

Odessa, or nicknamed ‘Odie’ was born in Moscow, Russia. Born by her mother, Maliah Hanazono. A woman who had left Karakura to run away from the guilt she had endured and the secrets she knew. And she had returned home after realizing she was pregnant, wanting a better life for her daughter. Odessa and Maliah did their best to live, Maliah working several jobs caused her to not be able to spend much time with ‘Odie’, which caused a few issues in their relationship. But with the time they could hang out and bond, Maliah told Odessa many stories of Karakura and the family she had there. The Hanazono family.

Odessa, growing up, didn’t know her father, and hoped maybe her family in Karakura would know. And so, as she grew up, she saved money, focused on school and did her best to always stay caught up so she could focus on making her way to Japan. It didn’t take long until Maliah caught on to what Odie was doing, and decided to help. Knowing she couldn’t take care of her daughter alone. She bought a ticket for her daughter and sent her to Karakura. That way she could be with her family, and learn of her past.

Upon arriving at Karakura, Odie didn’t waste any time. She contacted Asahi Hanazono and asked to meet. She explained that she was sent here by her mother, Asahi’s adopted daughter. Making her the grandchild of Asahi. She also met Yamato Hanazono and Eli Hanazono-Zennix. She learned of the Hanazono’s, their morals and a bit of the family history. But she was given the Hanazono name and to this day, she wears it with pride. Odie is also big on learning. And since her arrival to Karakura, she loves reading about the history and the present of the town. All the secrets, the abandoned and torn down places, places with meanings.

But when she was introduced to the Shrine, Odessa found herself constantly visiting. Whether that be by herself, or with family. She loved to listen to stories from the Maidens, or the spirits that would visit. Or she would take this time to relax and reflect on her life. And as she did, Odie found herself wanting to be a part of the Shrine Faction. To be a Maiden that told stories, educate others and continue to learn about the Shintoism religion.

Green_and_White_LinkedIn_Header_4.png
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE / SITUATIONS

How does your character act around shrine grounds? How do they interact with guests and other staff?

Odessa is very respectable, around guests, she is quiet unless she is asked a question or hears that a guest wishes to learn more. Even though she’s still learning, she would take this chance to teach what she has learned so far. Even if it’s not that much, it’s still nice and important to teach others about the history or about the religion if they wish to learn! Odie is also very friendly, even if she doesn’t know the person, she likes to start a conversation when she has free time or sees a person alone.

With other staff, Odie would still be respectable. As those are not only her fellow staff, but people that should be treated as family. She would do her best to learn from them, or offer help if it is needed. And when they have free time, she would try to converse if they were up for it, or learn more about Shintoism!

/me Odie would have the broom in her hands, gently sweeping from side to side. Even if there were trees around or dirt constantly being dragged into the shrine, she knew it was important to keep it clean and representable. A small hum would come from her as she focused on her task before hearing the soft clicks of shoes against stone. Upon seeing visitors, she would smile and take a few steps closer. Folding her body in half, offering a bow to the guests, she would speak softly, but loud enough to be heard. “Hello! And welcome to the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery. Please let me know if there is anything you need, or need help. Please enjoy your stay here.” Before straightening her back up and offering another smile as she continued sweeping.

/me Odie would hum softly as she cleaned up the tea trays left on the tables and she gave a bow to another Maiden. A small played on her face before she spoke up. “Beautiful day today, huh?” As she listened to the other, she would nod and continue with her duties.

You see a guest jumping around the roofs of the building and overall disrespecting shrine grounds, how would your character handle it?

Odessa does not play when it comes to Religion or disrespecting the Shrine. She would ask them kindly to get off of the roofs, if they got down the first time, she would explain that it’s disrespectful and they shouldn’t be up there. Much like how they wouldn’t like it if someone was on their roof.
If they didn’t get down the first time, she would get a little stern and ask again that they come down at once. If not, she would threaten that they will be blacklisted from the Shrine Grounds. And if that doesn’t phase them, a Senior Maiden/Priest would be contacted.

If they were disrespecting the Shrine grounds, Odessa would ask the first time kindly for them to stop. That would be the first warning as she would explain that it’s not allowed for the behaviors they are showing. If they continued, Odessa would try her best to give at least two- three warnings before threatening to blacklist them or call KPD to remove them. As it’s rude and disrespectful to treat a place of worship as they were.

Why does your character want to become a shrine maiden/priest?

“I would like to become a Maiden to learn more about Shintoism as a Religion and more about the history of Karakura. Plus, after living here for so long, and hearing the stories that the Maidens and Priests share of Spirits visiting, or educating others who come to visit, it gave me motivation and excitement to apply. Being that someone who helps guide someone, who wants to of course, into Shintoism, is an amazing thought.”

“Plus, this would also give me an opportunity to interact and greet new people. Sure, I may not have any fancy talents, and may not know much. But that’s the fun in learning.”

“I love being at the Shrine. It brings me peace, and it’s quiet there, better than the rambunctious streets and the rude people. Up at the shrine, it’s nice, calming and relaxing. A place that I love to be at. A place where I feel like I belong.”

Users who are viewing this thread