2 PM - 6-8 PM
8 PM - 10 PM
1 PM - 8 PM
2 PM - 8 PM
8 PM - 11 PM
12 PM - 11 PM

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
faieri's Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server - Accepted
picklehiswickle's Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server - Accepted
picklehiswickle's Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server - Accepted
footmaster1123's Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server - Accepted

What are your current roles on the server?:
[Grade-12] Ruby Banks
[Grade-12] Alexis Vasic
[Grade-11] Nikki Katz
[Bird] Pickle

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I will be applying to teach students World History

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I enjoy playing SRP daily as a leisurely activity I do with my friends I’ve made through this game. As I have taken months to develop my character, Genavieve, the next step with her is for her to become a Professor, teaching at Karakura High School. Not only would this give me the opportunity to experience RP from a different point of view as a Professor within the game, I would be able to further develop her.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?:
Yes, I understand that I am applying for the teaching role of UT.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I fully understand that if my application is accepted, I will have to undergo teacher training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are records of the lessons taught, including the topics covered, activities conducted, and student participation. They are important because they help maintain a structured and organized teaching environment, ensure accountability for meeting the quota of classes, and provide a reference for future lesson planning.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
As a teacher, it is crucial to maintain a respectful and focused classroom environment. This includes but not limited to:

No disruptive behavior
Respecting each other’s opinions
Being punctual and prepared for class
Following the school’s code of conduct
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have a lot of experience in roleplaying in SRP. I’ve been playing for over 3 years and have developed my detail in roleplaying alot.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

HD

Meaning: Head of Department
Description: The HD is responsible for overseeing the curriculum and teaching standards within their department. They provide guidance and support to other teachers and ensure that educational goals are met.
QT
Meaning: Qualified Teacher
Description: A QT is a fully qualified teacher who has completed their training and is responsible for delivering lessons and assessing student progress.
NQT
Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher
Description: An NQT is a teacher who has recently completed their training and is in their first year of teaching. They receive additional support and mentoring to help them transition into their role.
UT
Meaning: Unqualified Teacher
Description: A UT is a teacher who is in the process of completing their training and gaining the necessary qualifications to become a fully qualified teacher.
Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers, both in-game and out-of-game, serve the essential purpose of educating and guiding students whether they’re there for credits or the roleplay experience. They are responsible for delivering lessons, assessing student progress, and fostering a positive learning environment. In-game, teachers help create an immersive and engaging educational experience for players, while out-of-game, they play a crucial role in shaping the minds and futures of their students. Teachers typically receive a salary of ¥500,000 monthly, but it ranges from your qualifications. NQT’s receive a starting salary of ¥350,000 monthly.

Teachers employ various teaching methods, including lectures, discussions, hands-on activities, and technology integration, to cater to create variety within roleplaying. In their spare time, teachers typically engage in professional development, collaborate with colleagues, and participate in extracurricular activities to enhance their teaching skills and stay current with educational trends.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are vital to a SchoolRP server because without teachers, a school isn’t possible. They assist with running it, and creating a school like environment within Minecraft and encourage player interaction and engagement.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school works on a structured lesson planning system that includes setting clear objectives, outlining the content to be covered, planning activities and assessments, and reflecting on the effectiveness of the lesson. This ensures that lessons are well-organized and meet educational standards.

Character Information

Describe the character:

Genavieve is a short, slender woman at around 5’4 with striking red hair and piercing green eyes. She carries herself with confidence and grace, often seen wearing professional yet a bit alternative attire. Her passion for history is evident in her enthusiastic teaching style and her ability to make historical events come alive for her students. What makes her unique is her fluency in Gaelic, which she often incorporates into her lessons to add a personal touch.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?

Genavieve views her students as the future and believes in their potential to make a positive impact on the world. She is patient, understanding, and always willing to offer extra help to those who need it. She respects her co-workers and values collaboration, often seeking their input and sharing her own insights to create a supportive teaching community.

What are their plans for the future?

Genavieve plans to continue her career in education, with the goal of becoming a Head of Department. She hopes in the near future to publish a series of history books that make learning about the past engaging, fun, and accessible to all.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would calmly approach the group and address their behavior, reminding them of the school’s code of conduct. I would then guide them to a more appropriate way to express their frustrations and offer to help resolve any underlying issues they may be facing.

If they aren’t compliant, the idea of detention would be brought up to them.

In a situation where they continue their behavior and are resistant to stop and are causing a further disruption, SLT would be mentioned to hopefully tame them.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would use a signal to regain their attention, such as clapping or raising my hand. If they persisted to not pay attention, I would raise my voice, requesting silence from the room. Once I have their attention, I would engage them with an interactive activity or discussion to re-capture their interest and ensure they understand the importance of the lesson.

When in the teacher’s lounge, how does your character act?:
In the teacher’s lounge, Genavieve is friendly and approachable. She enjoys discussing teaching strategies with her colleagues, sharing her experiences, and offering support. She also takes time to relax and recharge, often reading a book or enjoying a cup of tea.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me’s of your character inside a classroom:

/me She’d take a stroll around the classroom, quietly humming a tune as she strode through sections of desks; peering over at the student’s work, examining it briefly before walking past. “Let me know if you need any assistance or have general questions around this project.”

/me She stood in front of her desk, she carefully handed an Ancient Historical Artifact, showing it to the classroom making sure everyone got a chance to see it before passing it around. “Alright, please handle this with care- I’m sure I can trust you all with this..” She laughed, mumbling to herself “You guys are old enough, does that make me old? God..” She turned back to her desk, sliding onto her chair and making herself comfortable. “I want you all to take notes, why do you think this was important to our ancestors? What questions do you have, open ended only. If you can answer your question with a yes or no- it's not open ended.” She exhaled, “I hope you knew that already..”

/me She reached over to her desk, she grabbed a white board marker, beginning to write bullet points before turning around and facing the class. “Alright, who can tell me some key points of what we’ve just gone over.” As students called out answers, she began to swiftly and neatly write them out in big blue letters across the board.

/me nodding attentively as she peered over on a laptop of a student, skimming through their writing whilst they spoke. “Right, I think this is a really great start and you can totally go off from this. My recommendation is to take information from more sites, I have a few sources I personally love to use when writing papers, they’re listed somewhere in my syllabus for students to use.” She gave the student a warm smile, fixing her posture.

Backstory

Genavieve was born in Glasgow, Scotland, eight minutes after her twin brother, Carian. Raised by her single mother, Vanora, Genavieve developed a close bond with her mother, who took it upon herself to teach her Gaelic, their native language. Fluent in Gaelic, Genavieve and her mother shared this secret language, strengthening their connection and creating a unique bond that set them apart from others.

Genavieve attended St. Martha’s Primary School, where she quickly stood out as a bright and curious student. Her teachers often praised her for her inquisitive nature and her ability to grasp complex concepts with ease unlike her peers. It was during these early years that her love for history began to take root. She would spend hours in the school library, poring over history books and immersing herself in the stories of the past.

As she transitioned to the High School of Glasgow, Genavieve’s passion for history continued to grow. She excelled academically, consistently achieving top marks in her classes. Her history teachers recognized her potential and encouraged her to pursue her interests further. Genavieve participated in various history clubs and competitions, often winning accolades for her insightful essays and presentations.

In her sophomore year, life took an unexpected turn when her mother decided to move to Karakura, Japan, to pursue a better job opportunity teaching botany. The move was challenging for Genavieve, as she had to leave behind her friends, her school, and the familiar surroundings of Glasgow. However, she embraced the change with resilience and determination.

In Karakura, Genavieve continued to thrive academically. She quickly adapted to her new environment, learning Japanese and making new friends. Her love for history remained unwavering, and she continued to excel in her studies. She often found herself drawing parallels between the rich histories of Scotland and Japan, deepening her appreciation for both cultures.

After graduating from high school, Genavieve decided to return to her hometown to pursue higher education. She enrolled at the University of Glasgow, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in History, focusing on European History with a special emphasis on Scottish and British history. Her academic journey didn’t stop there; she went on to earn a Master of Arts in History from the University of Edinburgh, specializing in Medieval and Renaissance Studies.

Driven by her passion for history and her desire to contribute to the academic community, Genavieve pursued a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in History from the University of Oxford. Her dissertation focused on the impact of the Scottish Enlightenment on modern political thought, earning her recognition and respect in the field.

With her extensive education and deep love for teaching, Genavieve returned to her old school, now as a professor. She aims to inspire the next generation of students with her passion for history, making the subject come alive through engaging lessons and interactive activities. Her journey from a curious student in Glasgow to a respected professor is a testament to her dedication, resilience, and unwavering love for history.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name:

Genavieve Erwyn Crombie

Title:
Ms.Crombie

Given Name(s):
Genavieve

Preferred Name:
Viv

Denomination:
None

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Scottish

Current Location:
Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience: 5 years

Academic Degree:

Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of Glasgow

Year of Graduation:

Major:
European History

Minors:
Education

Academic Degree:
Master of Arts in History from the University of Edinburgh

Year of Graduation:

Major:
Medieval and Renaissance Studies

Minors:
N/A

Academic Degree:
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in History from the University of Oxford

Year of Graduation:

Major:
History of the British Isles

Minors:
N/A

Dissertation:
The impact of the Scottish Enlightenment on modern political thought

Native Languages:
Gaelic

Other Languages:
Korean, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

Thank you for taking the time to review my application!

Do you have any questions?:
None

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 94
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Omega
Denied
Thank you for taking the time to apply, unfortunately I have decided to deny this application. This is usually because other applications stood out more to us, if you'd like further details feel free to DM me on discord (@muffincats).​

Users who are viewing this thread