mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Fearrp :3

suneater

Level 90
IGN: Azurih
DATE: 01/15/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: IC consequences > fearrp.
In most roleplay situations (mostly within the school faction, though not exclusively), whenever something that might involve fearrp happens, you’re IMMEDIATELY pushed to fearrp with no chance to even like. . roleplay. Have fearrp be used moreso as a last resort to things, rather than the immediate response- let people face ic consequences if their character continues to act up (or whatever the equivalent would be based on the situation).
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Having fearrp immediately being brought up any time someone’s character does something does nothing but limit roleplay. Not everyone’s character is going to be the same, and not everyone’s character is going to start shitting themself at the idea of getting detention. PLUS!!! It brings more roleplay when you aren’t immediately going to limit it. More things will happen when you give them the chance.

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega
This is the way it's supposed to work, to my knowledge. When it comes to the council at least, I encourage them to at least RP with the delinquent before threating a form of FearRP, but of course it's situational as well. Is it a well established character trying to do some proper RP or is it some grade-12, masking-wearing character that refuses any form of RP, yk? But yes, in most regular rp situations, it should be used as more of a last resort.

suneater

Level 90
This is the way it's supposed to work, to my knowledge. When it comes to the council at least, I encourage them to at least RP with the delinquent before threating a form of FearRP, but of course it's situational as well. Is it a well established character trying to do some proper RP or is it some grade-12, masking-wearing character that refuses any form of RP, yk? But yes, in most regular rp situations, it should be used as more of a last resort.
Yeeeah I know its already like.. supposed to be used as a last resort, but there are so many cases within the past few months where I've been trying to roleplay & I just get hit in the face with "fearrp lol".
And yeah I fully get the whole like is it some random person just trolling, I fully get it in that case. But otherwise let them rp

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Yes this is and should already be a thing that I wholeheartedly agree with, however there’s a huge flaw. The FearRP rule tends to be abused from time to time by players who have faculty/council roles within the server. One might say “just report it to staff”, however players who usually are told to fearrp have the mindset that there’s nothing they can do otherwise they will be reported on.

As a past professor/teacher, I have probably had to legitimately use the FearRP card 2 or 3 times. It is DEFINITELY not something that should be thrown around like candy at players who don’t do what you ask them to do.

If there’s a better solution to this than what we currently have id love to see it :D

philbertman42

Level 136
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable

Make this a mandatory read for every faculty member + councilor when they get their role, I guarantee it would help the situation. We're already SUPPOSED to try and roleplay with people, giving them multiple chances to cooperate before utilizing FearRP, but it only works when both sides are willing to cooperate (which only has the opportunity to happen when the disciplinary side tries to establish it first).

imgayforwomen

Level 111
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

I assumed this is already a thing, considering that I, as a councillor, already do it. Mainly, it is only when I know that this person is actually willing to roleplay it out. I don't do it if they are simply trolling. However, it is really easy to tell when they are trolling.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

I love delinquentrping. I also hate being forced to fearrp immediately. I want more roleplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OYOL

Level 12
+1
Getting threatened a detention and being forced to FearRP gets seriously boring, and if you do not stop RP'ing as a delinquent, you get punished for it. Not fearing a detention isn't exactly an 18 year-olds worst nightmare, I can't lie.

Most people are not bothered by minor punishments.

Rebel

Level 53

Something similar already exists, as a teacher they cannot give detentions unless a few warnings were given which allows them to do what they wish but keep in mind the characters cannot simply just go "My character is in a gang so I don't have to listen" thats one for the downsides to this, people will just abuse this rule if it is established which causes more issues for both the school faction and the student council which I mentioned as they have the power to give detention. On-top of this students will just say "You can't give me detention!" as well and detention is not immediately threatened they are required to give someone between 3-4 warnings before that, this is my take on this as a teacher and just would cause issues.

suneater

Level 90
I'm aware fearrp already exists at a certain point, my problem with it is how often it's enforced immediately. Like full on cases of immediately being told "fearrp lol" when trying to do anything, regardless of if theres been those warnings there or not.
I get there's always going to be cases of people trolling- cases of gangrpers (or literally anyone else) just being like I don't have to listen to you, but those aren't the cases I'm talking about here. Of course enforce it when it comes to that, but when it's someone seriously trying to rp their character not giving a shit, let them. Let them face ic consequences if their character keeps disobeying. When people are seriously rping and they get shut down because of fearrp it does nothing but limit rp. Again, not everyone in real life shits themself at the thought of getting detention, so why would every character?

Rebel

Level 53
I'm aware fearrp already exists at a certain point, my problem with it is how often it's enforced immediately. Like full on cases of immediately being told "fearrp lol" when trying to do anything, regardless of if theres been those warnings there or not.
I get there's always going to be cases of people trolling- cases of gangrpers (or literally anyone else) just being like I don't have to listen to you, but those aren't the cases I'm talking about here. Of course enforce it when it comes to that, but when it's someone seriously trying to rp their character not giving a shit, let them. Let them face ic consequences if their character keeps disobeying. When people are seriously rping and they get shut down because of fearrp it does nothing but limit rp. Again, not everyone in real life shits themself at the thought of getting detention, so why would every character?
Few things here, firstly who ever is "immediately telling students to fearRP" seems wrong, secondly again, this goes back to realism if we had realism like this where students don't care it would just make more of a mess with gangRPers and already many students do not care about fearRP already, this wont add more role play this will cause more issues and most likely all the school faction will leave the faction if this happens as being a school employee can sometimes be stressful. It is only tolerable due to the fact we have fearRP.

suneater

Level 90
secondly again, this goes back to realism if we had realism like this where students don't care it would just make more of a mess with gangRPers and already many students do not care about fearRP already,
I get there are issues with people just not following it at all. I really do, but again, I'm not talking about the people who would be there just to abuse it & troll. If people are trolling, enforce fearrp. Easy as that. But when people are opting for like.. fully roleplaying it out and roleplaying out getting ic consequences for your character, enforcing fearrp to the point where they cant do anything but sit there and cry does nothing but LIMIT what they can do.
this wont add more role play this will cause more issues
Not if everything is roleplayed out, and kept icly. Again, in the cases where people are actually roleplaying and not just trolling.
being a school employee can sometimes be stressful. It is only tolerable due to the fact we have fearRP.
I know being a school employee can be stressful at time. I was a caretaker for several months, yet fun thing! I never once had to enforce fearrp, despite the majority of what I was doing ended up being breaking up fights. It's as easy as if you let people roleplay, you'll have more fun, and there will be less issues. Fearrp should be a last resort, not the only thing making a position you CHOSE to take on tolerable.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+1
I REMEMBER RPING OUT A QUIRKY CHEERLEADER RIGHT? And to be fair, I never tried to troll with it; it was a genuine character that just messed around. And I would have teachers just blatantly use fearRP against me when I was genuinely trying to RP. (These teachers would even complain about "jockRP" in the KA discord). Now when you're in Minecraft college you HAVE to go to class but those classes? Poeple copy and pasting for 20 minutes about something they found on google. I don't wanna sit there for that, NO ONE DOES! So we make class interesting! Ask stupid questions, cause stupid situations! But having a teacher snap immediately and use fearRP? That sucks. That isn't roleplay. Youre "teaching" job on SRP is roleplay based. ROLEPLAY BACK?! I think Mookie was the only professor I ever saw do that and it made going to his class fun because he ICly ENGAGED WITH US. We weren't just a "monthly quota".

Might be a little mean but teachers/professors called the JockRP annoying but them not engaging in roleplay and just using OOC rules against us FOR roleplaying was more annoying. (Again I get not every situation was the same but as someone who WAS just trying to rp and not sit in a boring class tabbing out for 20 minutes; it was really upsetting)

Mxxkie

Level 155
Mxxkie
Mxxkie
Omega
+1
I REMEMBER RPING OUT A QUIRKY CHEERLEADER RIGHT? And to be fair, I never tried to troll with it; it was a genuine character that just messed around. And I would have teachers just blatantly use fearRP against me when I was genuinely trying to RP. (These teachers would even complain about "jockRP" in the KA discord). Now when you're in Minecraft college you HAVE to go to class but those classes? Poeple copy and pasting for 20 minutes about something they found on google. I don't wanna sit there for that, NO ONE DOES! So we make class interesting! Ask stupid questions, cause stupid situations! But having a teacher snap immediately and use fearRP? That sucks. That isn't roleplay. Youre "teaching" job on SRP is roleplay based. ROLEPLAY BACK?! I think Mookie was the only professor I ever saw do that and it made going to his class fun because he ICly ENGAGED WITH US. We weren't just a "monthly quota".

Might be a little mean but teachers/professors called the JockRP annoying but them not engaging in roleplay and just using OOC rules against us FOR roleplaying was more annoying. (Again I get not every situation was the same but as someone who WAS just trying to rp and not sit in a boring class tabbing out for 20 minutes; it was really upsetting)
<3

Maybe it's time to bring back Big Mama lmao

Nah in all seriousness though, when RPing as her, when interacting with troublesome students, she, like her namesake, became mother-like and tried to carefully and slowly explain the error of their ways. Usually I tried to have her make the other characters reflect on their actions and rather than punish them, I encouraged and rewarded good behavior leading to more of that. Also, backpacking off the mother thing, when class would get a lil too rowdy, she'd just give 'em that motherly glare, yk the one. Or even the "I'm not mad, just disappointed". Obviously that won't work in every person's case, after all that was just due to her character.

yk Big Mama.

imgayforwomen

Level 111
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
The thing is, that is already a rule. But the way it's written out, I believe confuses a lot of the faculty/councillors. I understand it fine, but when I joined council, there wasn't really any guide to how to roleplay out giving someone detention or something, they just said "do it if they're disobeying" or something, I forgot. I'm assuming it's similar for the other factions as well.

suneater

Level 90
The thing is, that is already a rule. But the way it's written out, I believe confuses a lot of the faculty/councillors. I understand it fine, but when I joined council, there wasn't really any guide to how to roleplay out giving someone detention or something, they just said "do it if they're disobeying" or something, I forgot. I'm assuming it's similar for the other factions as well.
Yeahh I think a lot of it is moreso chalked up to something that they think you'd already know.
This suggestion is mostly for more of a whole like.. hey remind people not to push for fearrp right off the bat if they're trying to roleplay. A gentle little reminder because right now? It seems like saying that is completely disregarded.

Users who are viewing this thread