Eucatastrophe

Level 13
Eucatastrophe
Eucatastrophe
Omega+
IGN: AcciRP
DATE: April 7, 2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I have some feedback, and three suggestions, each of which pertain to housing so I included them as one single thread. Please pardon my humor and sarcasm as I succumb to my frustration.
I'll start with the feedback.
The feedback has to do with the purchasing of properties, mainly apartments.
Allow me to begin with a short sob story. Many months ago, when the apartments were first added to SchoolRP, I remember my small Grade-11 self begging for yen alongside the road. Yadda yadda yadda, sob sob sob, it came to my attention that... purchasing an apartment was incredibly easy and hassle-free. Sure, the plugin had some bugs, but it was pretty easy anyways. You could approach any sign by any door, purchase the apartment, and be on your merry way. No questions asked. No challenges.
That time is over, and finding an apartment is so incredibly hard, it's probably easier to apply for every single Character Authorization role and get accepted for at least one of them.
Seriously though, the process for getting an apartment in these times is such a frustrating thing that it forced to write about it on forums!
In my most recent attempt to purchase an apartment, I was standing outside the door with eight other people. Each person (except me, of course) was willing to minge through each other just to get closer to the sign. It was a fight, a race, a competition - just to see who could click the sign first and own the apartment. The other seven? Oh, they had to wait another two weeks to do the exact same thing.
I now refer to this night as The Battle of Endor.
In all seriousness, this should not be the case. I should not have to wait alongside seven other people just to right click a sign. Every single time an apartment is close to being unowned, people pile around it so they can have "dibs" or so they can right click the sign before someone else can. It's like watching stray dogs fight over their evening meal.
My feedback? Make it less of a nuisance, and make it easier to buy them, somehow, some way. I don't know how you can, but you're all smart, and I'm sure you can find a way-!
Now, onto the suggestions portion of my little essay here.
My three suggestions are formatted with respect to the property type. Three suggestions, three types of properties on SchoolRP.
First, apartments. I have four suggestions to how you can improve the apartments.
1. Add more apartment buildings. This is probably the easiest way to fix the apartment housing issue. We have blocks A, B, C, D, and F... but what happened to E? What about G?
2. Add more floors on the existing buildings. This is probably the second easiest way to fix the apartment housing issue. Sure, the build limit is 256. I'm pretty sure you haven't hit that yet. If you have, my apologies.
3. Decrease, and in some cases increase, apartment costs by a much larger factor: It could make it easier and/or harder to purchase an apartment depending on cost - but it helps solve the issue of "people who buy 6 years worth of apartment extensions and go afk for 5.9 years."
4. Automatically purge the ownership of apartments whose owners have been offline for X amount of time. This also solves the issue of :"people who buy 6 years worth of apartment extensions and go afk for 5.9 years."
Second, penthouses. The penthouses frustrate me the most. 100,000 yen properties, and only three floors of penthouses? And only one building!?!?
1. Add more floors to existing penthouse buildings.
2. Add more penthouse buildings.
3. Add more penthouses.
Add more- oh, I'm out of suggestions for this one. Wait! The one from the apartment, of course!
4. Automatically purge the ownership of penthouses whose owners have been offline for X amount of time.
Third, and finally, regular housing. Houses. House residences. Homes. These are just way too expensive. 200,000 as an initial price is okay, but 200,000 a month is over the top. Or is that not the case? I've never had enough yen to buy one, so I'm sort of going out on a limb here to say all this. Maybe I should go talk to an actual Karakura homeowner...
1. Decrease house price
2. Keep house prices the same
3. Increase house prices
4. Do nothing
5. Aren't 2 and 4 the same? Wait-
Honestly, the houses I can't really complain about, besides the fact all the good ones are already bought. And I can't afford one. And it's hard to get to some of them. And it-
That's the end of my essay. The images section is down below if it helps.
Once again, please pardon my humor and sarcasm. It's what I do. If need-be, I can re-write this in a non-sarcastic way. But that gets rid of the fun...

[IMAGES IF ANY] I don't have any images. You should know what I'm talking about. Maybe this kitten will help? kitten.jpg
Sorry about the kitten, I'm simply trying to portray my facial expression whilst standing outside an apartment alongside seven other people while I wait for the sign to run out.

Peace.
-AcciRP

P.S. Thanks for reading
P.P.S. Thanks for looking at the kitten
P.P.P.S. Thanks for pardoning my humor and sarcasm.
P.P.P.P.S. I typed approx. 4,850 characters, not including the postscripts.
P.P.P.P.P.S. Sorry about all the postscripts.

Attachments

• kitten.jpg
    kitten.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Totalore

Level 138
apply for every single Character Authorization role and get accepted for at least one of them.
been there, done that, got the t-shirt

"people who buy 6 years worth of apartment extensions and go afk for 5.9 years."
stonks

Automatically purge the ownership of apartments whose owners have been offline for X amount of time.
before they reverted to the old form of feedback, or the current one, ulkuva (aubrey) suggested this.

Decrease house price
3. Increase house prices
4. Do nothing
first one, please. i dont get nearly enough money to live on my own in one of those houses. i have to live with 3 other people to smoothen out the rent, so that's 50,000 from each or us. please please please lower the fucking prices, its like im in the middle of a depression and i still have to worry about my god damn house which i dont have money for

alli

Level 20
The feedback has to do with the purchasing of properties, mainly apartments.
Allow me to begin with a short sob story. Many months ago, when the apartments were first added to SchoolRP, I remember my small Grade-11 self begging for yen alongside the road. Yadda yadda yadda, sob sob sob, it came to my attention that... purchasing an apartment was incredibly easy and hassle-free. Sure, the plugin had some bugs, but it was pretty easy anyway. You could approach any sign by any door, purchase the apartment, and be on your merry way. No questions asked. No challenges.
That time is over, and finding an apartment is so incredibly hard, it's probably easier to apply for every single Character Authorization role and get accepted for at least one of them.
Seriously though, the process for getting an apartment in these times is such a frustrating thing that it's forced to write about it on forums!
In my most recent attempt to purchase an apartment, I was standing outside the door with eight other people. Each person (except me, of course) was willing to minge through each other just to get closer to the sign. It was a fight, a race, a competition - just to see who could click the sign first and own the apartment. The other seven? Oh, they had to wait another two weeks to do the exact same thing.
I now refer to this night as The Battle of Endor.
In all seriousness, this should not be the case. I should not have to wait alongside seven other people just to right-click a sign. Every single time an apartment is close to being unowned, people pile around it so they can have "dibs" or so they can right-click the sign before someone else can. It's like watching stray dogs fight over their evening meal.
My feedback? Make it less of a nuisance, and make it easier to buy them, somehow, some way. I don't know how you can, but you're all smart, and I'm sure you can find a way-!
I'm unsure if there'd really be any other way for purchasing apartments/houses. I understand that attempting to buy one can be frustrating, along with having many houses being bought and never/rarely used. Yes, the staff team is smart but I doubt, or at least I'm not sure that anyone could think of another way for the purchase of apartments/homes. Personally, I believe the current function is just fine. I do relate to your frustration with this though.

Now, onto the suggestions portion of my little essay here.
My three suggestions are formatted with respect to the property type. Three suggestions, three types of properties on SchoolRP.
First, apartments. I have four suggestions for how you can improve the apartments.
1. Add more apartment buildings. This is probably the easiest way to fix the apartment housing issue. We have blocks A, B, C, D, and F... but what happened to E? What about G?
2. Add more floors to the existing buildings. This is probably the second easiest way to fix the apartment housing issue. Sure, the build limit is 256. I'm pretty sure you haven't hit that yet. If you have, my apologies.
3. Decrease, and in some cases increase, apartment costs by a much larger factor: It could make it easier and/or harder to purchase an apartment depending on cost - but it helps solve the issue of "people who buy 6 years worth of apartment extensions and go AFK for 5.9 years."
4. Automatically purge the ownership of apartments whose owners have been offline for X amount of time. This also solves the issue of: "people who buy 6 years worth of apartment extensions and go AFK for 5.9 years."
Adding more apartment buildings will mean that certain structures and stuff that are currently around the map would either need to be moved to a different location or they'd just need to be removed. That, or they'd need to make the map bigger to fit said apartment buildings in. I'm not exactly sure about this one, but if they can add apartment blocks in with not much trouble, then that could be one solution.
I'm not sure if they've hit the block limit yet, so I won't comment on that.
I'm not sure exactly how increasing and/or decreasing apartment costs would work in the long run. I believe that the current cost for every type of apartment (both deluxe and regular) are just fine as they are. Apartments being much easier to be purchased will only increase one of the issues you have, the issue being that people can just rent them and never/rarely use them or go MIA for a long while. Increasing prices could possibly work, but again I personally believe the current prices are perfect.
At first, removing people from their apartments due to their inactivity was how it functioned for a small while, but I see a few issues with that. One, unless they created a plugin or added a function to their current homing plugin to remove the ownership due to inactivity, it wouldn't work. There are over 100 apartments and such owned by players, and staff having to deal with that amount of players and their activity would be a hassle for one. Another issue is that I believe if someone paid for a certain amount of time to keep their current home, they should be able to keep it until said time expired.

Second, penthouses. The penthouses frustrate me the most. 100,000 yen properties, and only three floors of penthouses? And only one building!?!?
1. Add more floors to existing penthouse buildings.
2. Add more penthouse buildings.
3. Add more penthouses.
Add more- oh, I'm out of suggestions for this one. Wait! The one from the apartment, of course!
4. Automatically purge the ownership of penthouses whose owners have been offline for X amount of time.
As I said earlier, "Adding more apartment buildings will mean that certain structures and stuff that are currently around the map would either need to be moved to a different location or they'd just need to be removed. That, or they'd need to make the map bigger to fit said apartment buildings in. I'm not exactly sure about this one, but if they can add apartment blocks in with not much trouble, then that could be one solution." And, "At first, removing people from their apartments due to their inactivity was how it functioned for a small while, but I see a few issues with that. One, unless they created a plugin or added a function to their current homing plugin to remove the ownership due to inactivity, it wouldn't work. There are over 100 apartments and such owned by players, and staff having to deal with that amount of players and their activity would be a hassle for one. Another issue is that I believe if someone paid for a certain amount of time to keep their current home, they should be able to keep it until said time expired."

Third, and finally, regular housing. Houses. House residences. Homes. These are just way too expensive. 200,000 as an initial price is okay, but 200,000 a month is over the top. Or is that not the case? I've never had enough yen to buy one, so I'm sort of going out on a limb here to say all this. Maybe I should go talk to an actual Karakura homeowner...
1. Decrease house price
3. Increase house prices
4. Do nothing
5. Aren't 2 and 4 the same? Wait-
Honestly, the houses I can't really complain about, besides the fact, all the good ones are already bought. And I can't afford one. And it's hard to get to some of them. And it-
I do agree that house prices can be a bit expensive. Personally I believe the prices for houses could be decreased by a bit. Maybe a bit higher than the prices of penthouses.

I apologize if this came off as harsh in any way, I was just giving my opinion on each point in this post. If I misread anything, I deeply apologize. Surfing the forums at 3 AM isn't exactly a smart idea.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread