mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

FEEDBACK | Automatic 110 Message

barbs

Level 9
IGN: spellcasters
DATE: 9/26/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: EMS and KPD have seen it a hundred times; someone rings the 110 line and spams something along the lines of "Hello?" or "I need help." This distinct lack of helpful information, coupled with the fact that rarely anyone picks up these kinds of calls, is what contributes to a portion of crises that go unhandled. What I'd like to suggest is a simple automated message that pops up immediately after someone calls 110, asking for the following information:
- A "Please wait."

Edit, if you're confused: There wouldn't be a bot, we'd be able to pick up calls as usual! This would be just be an extra message tagged onto "110 picked up the phone", for guideline purposes only.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Not only do I feel like this would be a considerable convenience for EMS and KPD, but it would also save uninformed players (especially new ones) the hassle of calling and receiving radio silence. I know this won't put a stop to unhelpful calls, but I hope it'll introduce improvement.

Last edited:

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Neutral. It’s not a bad idea at all, however I only question the importance of it is all

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 cause I wanna see all of the emergency faction off and someone calls mid bleeding out and its like

"HELP??!?!"
"Please hold"

Then no one ever picks up cause they were stupid

zerie

Level 34
jeeellyy
jeeellyy
Rich
+1

I've thought about this so many times due to the fact that most calls, especially in tight situations, people just say "I need help!" Then hang up after and we can't do much since they didn't supply any information towards where they're currently at or what's going on. This could help with telling the caller for what they need help with. My only concern is how we'll receive the calls directly if the bot is going to be taking it.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Someone make a suggestion that whoever calls 110 has to have a visit from the cops to ensure safety so all the troll-y people get mad :pray:

barbs

Level 9
+1

I've thought about this so many times due to the fact that most calls, especially in tight situations, people just say "I need help!" Then hang up after and we can't do much since they didn't supply any information towards where they're currently at or what's going on. This could help with telling the caller for what they need help with. My only concern is how we'll receive the calls directly if the bot is going to be taking it.
There wouldn't be a bot, we'd be able to pick up calls as usual! This would be just be an extra message tagged onto "110 picked up the phone", for guideline purposes only.

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
+1
I do know that staff plan to add a section to 110 calls were it can be selected to either call EMS or KPD so it’s not just a general call to both parties to cut down on a bit of the confusion on the 110 side. But this would as well be helpful because daily do I see ‘help’ or ‘hello?’ Etc calls because that’s all they say, they don’t give us anything else. Then people get angry at us oocly and icly for ‘never answering’. So if staff could add this, it’s be rather helpful.

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
+1 (If possible)

This would help EMS out a ton, I believe they are working on some branch that separates which department you'd like to call KPD or EMS. This would help in many situations, if something like or even similar that'd be amazing

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
I don't have a +1 or a -1 on this, but why don't people just... add this information on when they call 110 anyway?

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL / +1 (Low-Priority)

I think it'd be possible to make the following message pop up after someone has executed /call 110
> [Emergency Call] 110: "You are calling the emergency services. Please state your emergency and your location"

This could also be merged with what was said about making the player choose if they want to call EMS or KPD

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I don't have a +1 or a -1 on this, but why don't people just... add this information on when they call 110 anyway?
I think this is mainly to help newer players understand that they HAVE to add this information, it seems to happen commonly where people don't.

+1 from me

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Neutral

It's not too annoying to pick up a call that simply starts off with "hello" or something vague, but I get what you're saying.

As Yonio said, it'd be a pretty neat addition to have some sort of pop-up message as soon as you call, though. But I generally think the emergency hotline should remain both KPD and EMS, rather than having two separate lines.

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
We plan to add an automated operator to the 110 line at some point in the future

Users who are viewing this thread