mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Feedback Regarding Adult Role

Mark 9:42

Level 19
IGN: PhayZr
DATE: 7/21/2020
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I believe the Adult role is too difficult to obtain and the requirements to receive the role are unrealistic. The current requirements as stated in the School faction handbook are:
Upon leaving the faction, you will be assessed on your work whilst in the faction as to whether you are eligible to receive Adult or go back to Grade-12, this choice is primarily made by the Faction Leader.

What allows me to qualify for the [Adult] role? You must have been in the faction for a total of two months, during that time you have to have remained active. If you weren’t active, you will be simply put back to Grade-12 or another role of your choosing should you have an accepted application.
This means should a character resign/get fired before their two months OR their work was deemed insufficient to receive the role, will have to void any and all character development they have created during that time. The magnitude of that void would depend on the character's situations/relationships and the story they have developed. I'll use an example of this kind of situation that has happened to a friend of mine fairly recently.
I believe it's worth noting that this particular situation has tempted her to quit SRP as a whole:

I’ve got a friend (IGN ToasterBunz) who’s been working as an EMS surgeon (Known as Keiki) for a month now and has been severely stressed from it to the point that it’s actually taxing her mentally. She'd like to quit and receive the adult role since she no longer gets enjoyment from playing SRP. However, when we asked OOC'ly if she could receive the adult role if she quit, we were told she wasn't eligible and would be sent back to grade 12. If Keiki were to be sent back to grade 12, all of her interactions and affiliations she's created while being an adult would be voided, as well as another player's entire character. A friend of ours has been developing her character as Keiki's daughter. Not to mention Kei's husband (My character) would never have met her since I have no intention of being sent back to grade 12 as a teacher. Her entire history as a character would essentially be voided, removing all of the character development she and her peers have worked so hard to create. A void that drastic would unrealistically change the history and personalities of countless characters as well as voiding someone else's character entirely without their consent. Her other option is staying in EMS, which is causing her unnecessary mental stress, which is beginning to do mental damage to her in the real world due to her severe anxiety. It's simply not an option to let a block game cause this much stress.

I know the administration on SRP strives to keep things realistic on the server. I've had those rules enforced on me personally when staff removed all my balcony decorations due to their unrealistic nature. However, It is not unrealistic to see people in the real world attempt a career and drop it soon after. Usually because of interest changes, needing another way to meet their needs, etc. So voids that are this drastic are completely unrealistic when compared to simply allowing those characters to continue their stories as Adults.

I do believe it would be nice for someone to be eligible to receive an adult role at any time they decide to quit from their faction. However, I do know that people who just want the adult role would abuse that kind of system by just joining a faction, then quitting shortly thereafter. This leads me to a solution I believe is a good middle ground that can help preserve a character's storyline without this proposed system being abused.

My Proposed Solution:
The adult role can be obtained via an application. An application that can only be submitted if someone has fully completed training within their respective faction. The application would include the following sections in this format (or something similar to these lines.)

• IGN:
  • Date:
  • Faction Lead (For forum mentions):
  • Reason for receiving this role:
The "Reason for receiving this role" section would be best used for the applicant to describe any important relationships/interactions and stories that their character has developed for the staff to review. The staff could then review the importance of their reasoning using their judgment and make a decision from there.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I believe this will give players of SRP greater freedom to roleplay in the older ages without the risks of their character's interactions and relationships being unrealistically voided.​

Last edited:

pashy

Level 183

I do understand your concern about your friend and the voided interactions. However, I don't think this is the best way to fix the problem.​

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
Im sorry bb but -1
this requests are for make aure people wont apply only for thr tag, they will apply to something they loves.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
^+
People know before they applying that its taking time to get the option for adult, if they decided to quit before that they need to just live with the results

Vinni

Level 18
it would just be unfair to people who have already actually taken the two months to obtain the adult role

Polar

Level 100
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
The only reason I up voted this is so other adults can get someone to RP with because right now I can tell adult RP is pretty boring and why most people use it for their alts n stuff

Kandu

Level 24
1- you get the adult role when you have had a adult job for 3 months, or done your 2nd exam. Also just a quick reminder, this isnt cityRP but SchoolRP. So thats why its 'hard' to get.

Mark 9:42

Level 19
it would just be unfair to people who have already actually taken the two months to obtain the adult role
Using that logic, would it be considered unfair to those that applied for college role in the past to see that college is now easily obtainable via an IC test? This is a suggestion to change a system that is unrealistic in general. This is an attempt to improve it for future users.

1- you get the adult role when you have had a adult job for 3 months, or done your 2nd exam. Also just a quick reminder, this isnt cityRP but SchoolRP. So thats why its 'hard' to get.
I am fully aware of the requirements to receive the adult role. I even quoted them explicitly from the Teacher's guidebook. And I am fully aware of what server I am currently suggesting this on. Good storylines on SRP often lead to growing up and becoming an adult. This system allows for greater freedom to do so without the risk of a possible void.

Im sorry bb but -1
this requests are for make aure people wont apply only for thr tag, they will apply to something they loves.
I stated in my post as well that I do not want to create a system that can be abused. Hence why I suggested an application system in which the staff can use their best judgment based on the reasoning the applicant gives.

usercultist

Level 21
as some1 with 2 adult accounts, having applied for and completed both of my requirements for the tag, you gotta fully realize what ur getting yourself into once you apply for a role. although i get where your coming from, adult tags arent that hard to get

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
Roleplay is for fun and entertainment. I don't see why we shouldn't let someone have an adult role if they'd like it, especially since their reasoning would be further reviewed by staff, and have gone through the trouble of making an application.
Putting roleplayers through jobs and various other stressful and unnecessary things just to achieve an adult role seems like a detriment to the server's success and people's enjoyment, as stated above.

andrei

Level 41
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
Sorry friend, but if I'm being honest.

I'd rather obtain the adult rank via applying as a teacher, or EMS.
If by any chance the adult rank is going to be applied on the forums, then what would be the point of applying as a teacher or KPD, nurses in the first place? (These are the only way to get the adult rank, as you need to do 2 months of working and this will be depending on the faction lead).

Plus, It's better to work hard and get the role as it was you're hard dedication for why you got the adult rank in the first place and you gotta to see the other users who worked hard to get their selves the adult rank.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
those that applied for college role
As a person who apllied to college, they didnt accept a lot of people even 1 year ago. . .Most of the people got denied, I just had lucky.

I stated in my post as well that I do not want to create a system that can be abused. Hence why I suggested an application system in which the staff can use their best judgment based on the reasoning the applicant gives
Bro its literally whats going on, As a teacher u too understand that if u will ask Kimi right now to resign, u will get the adult tag. Kimi and Loooper see how people trying to do their best, and I dont think they will give to someone who was only 1 month the adult tag anyway. 2 months its nothing and its the minimum people can to get the adult tag.

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
-1 I would've wasted way too much time at EMS. I understand your point, but think of it like this people who leave before the required amount of months lose that time, if this was made an option for others then the people who would have grinded EMS, KPD, etc for 2 months would of lost all of that time. It goes both ways.

Furthermore this really is not as hard as it seems. If you are active and passionate then it should be easy like baking a cake.

VirXs

Level 6
+1/-1

I think this is a great idea but I think there should be certain circumstances such as mental stability or oocly problems that are out of your control. but I am also pretty sure there are things in Planck on both law enforcement and school factions to keep this rule reasonable. Like paid leave or contacting the faction leader.

andrei

Level 41
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
Sorry friend, but if I'm being honest.

I'd rather obtain the adult rank via applying as a teacher, or EMS.
If by any chance the adult rank is going to be applied on the forums, then what would be the point of applying as a teacher or KPD, nurses in the first place? (These are the only way to get the adult rank, as you need to do 2 months of working and this will be depending on the faction lead).

Plus, It's better to work hard and get the role as it was you're hard dedication for why you got the adult rank in the first place and you gotta to see the other users who worked hard to get their selves the adult rank.

Also, there's another way to get the adult rank. Which is the college test examation.

Users who are viewing this thread