mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

fentias2 | Student Council Application

fentias

Level 14
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
My 'counselor' account would be fentias2, though my current 'main' account is fentias. I also have fentias3 however not used as often.
How old are you?:
15 years old.
Any previous warns/kicks/bans?:
I've had a handful of warns about a month ago and additionally one ban. The ban was for 'staff disrespect' and admittedly, fairly recently. I made a rather stupid 'joke' when I was intoxicated and as expected, it did not go down well. All I really can say to the situation is that it was a massive mistake on my part, which I have now come to terms with and understand, therefore I will not try to make excuses for myself. If you want to read the application (denied, but shortened.) in order to read more about this in further detail, you can find it here; (https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/fentias-ban-appeal.22139/)
I do wish to make a statement, however not to excuse myself because I am aware what I did was wrong- I want to say that although I have accumulated a rather 'jokey' reputation, I am completely and entirely able to take myself seriously and commit myself fully to the position of counselor. I hope these things can be looked past and that I will be able to flourish in the future with this job.
What Country are you from?:
England (GMT)
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord username?):
vogue#7030
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
1 language application: accepted
1 disorder application: accepted
Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I would describe my activity on the server itself to be exceedingly active. I am playing actively through-out most of my day on weekends and due to current situations going on in the world right now, most if not all of my weekdays will be spent on there when I am unbanned in one day. When I have school I play as soon as I get home from school till I go to sleep at approximately midnight, if not later.
As for the forums, my activity is not as significant. This being said I would say recently I have been increasing in activity due to my biography recently being posted. It has actually taken my interest and I quite like to look at other peoples applications to see what I can improve on, etc.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Although I am more than certain this is not a factor I will struggle with, I fully recognize this and will be more than mindful if I do happen to be accepted onto the council.

Trivia

What is the Student Council?:
The student council is a group formed in most schools internationally consisting of a group of usually elected students. These students then work together, usually with a higher-up helping them, to share there voice to other school staff. In addition, they are in charge of helping along many school events and providing a fun and safe environment for all students that attend the school.
What happens in the School Council?:
The council holds regular meetings to discuss a number of things including; whatever is going on with the school at that current moment, upcoming events, brainstorming ideas to improve the school itself, solving problems and much much more.
Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?:
Personally, I find it much more comforting and easier to do most things within a group of like-minded peers. The reasoning for this is because I have experienced both, and decidedly think that working in co-operation with others helps me, as an individual, build on my ideas to ensure they can be the best they can be. In addition, it is ideal as you can also take constructive criticism on ideas. You are then able to see your ideas from another persons perspective too, again, ideal as to improving and working together as a team.
Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I do! I have been roleplaying since I was about thirteen, which to put into perspective was two years. My knowledge of roleplay exceeds past just SRP, however my more 'major' understanding and activity of roleplay has been mostly on this server, to which I've improved on very rapidly- due to the help of friends and studying how others are able to roleplay.
Roleplay Scenario

You are on the Student Council and the chairman submits an awful idea. What do you do?:
I think a factor of being apart of the council is finding a balance between supportive, constructive, and honesty. For starters I would listen fully to their idea and make sure I understand every aspect of it and look at as many points of view as possible. I would ultimately come to the conclusion however, that it was 'awful' and would do my best to offer detailed and constructive criticism in order for them to build on the idea and hopefully turn it into something better. Then, I would try to think of different possibilities and paths that the idea could go down, with one hopefully turning out to be useful and helpful.
You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
There's no use being down about it, so I'd take it on my chin. Hopefully, the team would then respond with constructive criticism and go into detail about how I could improve my future ideas. If they didn't, though, I would make sure to actively ask around for it.
There is a split decision on an idea. The Councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
For starters, I would try my best to tell everyone to calm down as calmy and cooly as possible- not wanting to accidentally engage myself with the argument. Hopefully this would work and the situation would diffuse however if that was not the case and the situation in fact escalated- I think the only suitable solution would be to firmly make the members in question pick between doing the 'idea' or not. This way it would hopefully fizzle and people would become more clear on their opinions, having it come down to a 'majority vote'.

In-Character Information

Characters name:
Lyra Hayashi
Characters gender:
Female
Characters age:
18 (Hopefully being changed to 16 when possible, however)
What Student Council position are you applying for?:
I am applying for a basic role within the council, the 'average' school counselor postition.
Why do you want this position? :
I think having this position will give me a new perspective to SchoolRP, both oocly and icly. Icly, it would be fantastic if I'd be able to create an all new character with a set purpose which I am passionate about oocly, too. It will create all new roleplay opportunities that I will be able to explore too, with a character that will hopefully fit right in with the rest of the team. Oocly, it is a subject that I actually am interested in, surprisingly. I think not only will it enable me to have something to focus on and take a lot of interest in, but it will give me an opportunity to mature, evolve and grow within the community. In conclusion I will hopefully, if granted the opportunity to be given the position, be able to offer my place as an active and devoted member of the community.

Extra

Any additional information you would like to add to your application?:
Just a small note that I am able to take myself seriously, contrary to popular belief, and that I promise if I am accepted I will do my best to shed light on the council and not tarnish the name of it in any way, thank you.

Do you have any questions?:
No, not as of currently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread