mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted fentias3 - Teaching Assistant Application

fentias

Level 14
[OOC section]
In Game Name:
emailmyheart (Was fentias3, hence the title)
School Employee Role you are Applying For:
Teaching Assistant.
How often do you log onto the server?:
Everyday. Mostly for an unhealthy amount of time due to current circumstances going on right now- however this is also more or less the case for when I have school- therefore I can assure you that my position with this job if i were to get it, would not be short-lived.
Do you have discord?
Yes. My discord is vogue#7030
Do you have a microphone?
Yes.
Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:
The ban was for 'staff disrespect' and admittedly, fairly recently. I made a rather stupid 'joke' when I was intoxicated and as expected, it did not go down well. All I really can say to the situation is that it was a massive mistake on my part, which I have now come to terms with and understand, therefore I will not try to make excuses for myself. If you want to read the application (denied, but shortened.) in order to read more about this in further detail, you can find it here; (https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/fentias-ban-appeal.22139/)
I do wish to make a statement, however not to excuse myself because I am aware what I did was wrong- I want to say that although I have accumulated a rather 'jokey' reputation, I am completely and entirely able to take myself seriously and commit myself fully to the position of teaching assistant. I hope these things can be looked past and that I will be able to flourish in the future with this job.

Can you ensure that you will often come on:
Yes.
Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?:
Yes.
In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee:
The job of a teaching assistant is to aid a qualified professor or teacher within the school, helping to supervise their classes and anything else they'd need to do to prepare a lesson. This can range from getting notebooks for students to dealing with messy student situations as the teacher continues to educate.
Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?:
I personally do not have any adult roleplay experience, or experience roleplaying as someone working in education. I do, however, have a councillor character which I'd say has given me a tad bit of an idea on how to act with other students and enforcing the rules especially.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
In general, my roleplay experience is actually quite extensive- expanding pretty much everyday. I like to practice detailed and formulated roleplay techniques and styles with my friends and have been doing so for quite a long time now.
Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it:
As a teaching assistant, I'd have to help out classes in every way I can without becoming overwhelming to the qualified teacher. Specifically I would usually wait for the teacher to ask me to do something- though I do have the common sense to know when to deal with a situation myself. The job could range from a variety of things like opening doors for late students, collecting work, dealing with out-of-line students, to name a few. The most ideal part of the job for me is to just be adaptable and ready to deal with any situation that may arise within the classroom environment.

[Situations]
During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:
Personally, this is a main situation that you'd have to be more than ready for when working as a school employee. Firstly, I'd make it a priority to not react in a hysterical way- as I know that is what the student acting out would want from me- instead I'd approach the situation calm and collected, explaining to them carefully and simply what they are doing wrong and let them know they need to stop or they will be punished accordingly. If they continue to ignore my words and continue with what they're doing- I will make sure to report them to the qualified teacher who would then hopefully speak to them about it and/or punish them.
You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:
As an assistant it would be a huge injustice if I was to not do as the Principal asked, so I would simply suck it up and get it over with. Sure, I'd take as much caution as possible and be sure to assess the risks involved, though I know within most situations I would quite simply get it over with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:
I would tell that specific employee to stop what they're doing immediately once as a warning, if they then proceeded to carry on with what they were doing- I'd happily report it to a more 'higher-up' employee within the school. As an employee, no matter the status- it is important that you are loyal to the wellbeing of the students who attend and therefore matters like that will not be dealt with lightly by me.

[IC section]

Applicant Name:
"The names Margo Hamilton."

Chosen Job:
"I'm applying for the job of teaching assistant."
Motivation for Joining KHS:
Margo Hamilton had studied at KHS since she was a teenager and although had been a councillor and a strong leader within her year-group, she was still not safe from an array of frequent snide comments from the bitchy cheerleaders or testosterone-ridden jocks. It got her feeling blue for most of her highschool career- and was obviously counting the days until she'd be able to leave school. As she'd grown older- Margo was able to look at things with a more optimistic approach and decidedly went down the path of education. She thinks the position of teaching assistant would be very useful for work-experience within the education field and could certainly help her out with future opportunities. Surprisingly, Margo has an ongoing interest in helping people- more specifically students- to find their path and giving them guidance- and in return Margo feels that she's doing something productive with her newly-found adulthood. She feels as if this is the ideal job for her- allowing her to help out people in a way that's beneficial for both students and school staff alike.
Age (Minimum age is 25):
"Twenty five years of age."
Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
"I should be accepted over applicants for a variety of reasons. First and foremost being that I have an extremely strong passion for helping out other people- whether this be students or professors, either way I am completely eager to help in any way that I can. This would aid me with the ability to excel in the position as it involves something that I am actually interested and passionate about- by using my strong love for helping people that'd mean that not only would I be completely willing to give my all to the position but that I'd also gain a good connection with the students.
The second reason I should be accepted over other applicants is that I for one will fit into the staff team beautifully and smoothly, being a great addition to the team as a whole. Not only am I efficient and friendly to all of my peers, but specifically there are a few members of my family currently working on the KHS team meaning I'd slot into the mix perfectly.

Thank you for considering my application!"

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
ACCEPTED
- Lovely application! You provided a wonderful amount of detail and I have no doubt that you'll succeed in this role.
- DM me on Discord, sun#0040, for more information regarding your role!

Users who are viewing this thread