Firekiller77

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes I do, but I tend to be shy but I do talk

How old are you? (Optional):
I am 27

What is your time zone?:
Est

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on pretty much everyday fishing or RPing with friends for at least an hr a day

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have not

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes I do!

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I want to become a History teacher!

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Ever since I was a kid Ive always loved playing "teacher" especially w/ my cousin. I have always liked school and I like the History subject. It was a dream of mine to become a teacher.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
I'll be honest here I don't know as I'm just starting out as the teacher role!

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

No swearing, if anyone swears in class I will give them so many warnings till I kick them out.

No cell phones! if I catch anyone I take their phone till class ends

No talking

If you disrupt my class you'll get kicked out!

If you bring in any illegal items of any kind you will be kicked out!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

Ive been on this server for a couple weeks now playing as a student , as well as another RP server called Kaoshkraft where I was alot of things, a baby, a teacher, a student, parent, husband, sibling. It was super fun but the server wasnt as structured as this one is thats why I like this server better! People just went into a classroom and just said "Im a teacher" rather than being properly employed! now the server is down so I had to find another RP server to play on!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

I dont know as I am new to the teaching role

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

This is my first application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

John Tin Thornberry 12th Grade

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

He goes up to the gang and asks "what is the meaning of this?" then after they reply I will say "Get back to class"

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I will say "Im waiting!" *folds arms* then as they continue to talk I will say "I cant teach if you keep talking!" then wait then say "I dont have all day! so next class I will do this lesson again because you didnt pay attention!"

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

John Thornberry is an older teacher so he would sit in a chair and read his newspaper but is willing to help whenever anyone needs help with anything

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/Me walks inside groaning from back pain and waddles to his desk when he notices a student is sadly looking out the window obviously worried about something, he takes her out into the hall to talk, her grandma is sick so he allows her to not worry to much about the lesson but still wants her to at least pay attention, she feels relieved to have a little stress taken away!

/Me Hes in the middle of talking when he notices a boy sneaking behind him. "can I help you?" *raises eyebrow* the boy sits back down and smirks. I stop the lesson to tell an inspiring story to convince the class the boy is breaking rules then casually continues the lesson as if nothing happened.

/Me Hes teaching when he notices a student choking, he learned how to handle this and does so. if all else fails he turns to the nearest student and asks them to take the choking student to the nurse

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers can be very kind or very mean in and out of SRP, either way it is their job to teach kids material needed in the real world.
I am not sure on what salary they have as this is my first serious teaching job.
Some teachers teach with fear! some teach with a brave but loving heart! they need patience in order to teach! some teachers dont have patience and fly off the handle at kids making kids hate school and teachers. That is another reason I want to teach, I like kids and I want them to like school and feel safe during school. So I will do my best to teach and protect them as theyre lives are in our hands!
Teachers live like normal people, I saw a teacher at the store a couple times outside school and it was pleasant!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important because they teach kids important things needed in the real world!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?

As I said before I am new to the school system and I will learn this stuff as I teach

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

Looks-

John Thornberry is an old but loving teacher and has a very rugged voice, he waddles around from back pain all the time.
He has workman's hands from working at his father's farm for 50 years till he decided he wanted to teach kids the rest of his life.

Outlook on students-

John loves kids as he had 3 kids of his own 2 of which died from a car accident and the other took his grand kids away from him now he has no one.

Outlook on Teachers-

John is nice but doesnt like to talk about his problems so he sits there quietly waiting for class to start yet he respects others.

What is his personality like-

John is a nice but strict teacher and can come across mean but that's because he cares about everyone.

What are his plans for the future?
He does not have any plans for the future as he's old but quiet retirement.

Backstory

John Tin Thornberry

He grew up in the USA working on an ice farm with his father in Alaska. John's father was in his 40's when he was born and was a very strict man. John's mother was in her early 40's at the time of his birth and was also very strict. There was no laughing or playing when he was growing up so he grew up to be very strict and not very fun himself but he wants to be fun. after reaching 18 his parents kicked him out of the house as a coal miner so he made money, he went and got a home South of his parents. He met a woman and had 3 kids 30 years later 2 of his kids passed in a car accident and his youngest took his grand kids way and he got depressed so he decided to make new in Japan (or wherever the schoolRP takes place) and became a teacher. Hes been living there for 20 years working as a fisherman till he got what he needed to become a teacher.
In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

John Thornberry

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Given Name(s):
John

Preferred Name:
John

Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
Christianity!

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
American

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

I am just starting out as a teacher

Academic Degree:
History Degree

Year of Graduation:
I graduated in 1968

Major(s):
History major

Minors:
I fish in the side

Native Languages:
My native language is English

Other Languages:
I do not know any other languages

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
N/A

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

I have a friend making the skin now.

Do you have any questions?:
I do not

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying! However, after careful consideration, I have decided to deny your application

• Your application lacked detail in comparison to some others.
  • The subject you applied for has no open space.

Please feel free to reapply! Any questions regarding your application, please DM me on discord.

Users who are viewing this thread