mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Fishing rod Expansion idea

Novuscraft

Level 8
IGN: Novuscraft
DATE: 12/22/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: More Fishing Rods to fish with, but these new ones could contain enchants example, some would have unbreaking enchant while others would have a lure enchant or maybe some with both. Of course, they would cost more.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Players would be able to fish faster and longer. Fishing would be less annoying if we had more variations of rods for fishing.

DarkEclipic

Level 162
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
We don't have enchanted fishing rods in real-life, it's suppose to take time to fish. Plus it's fun fishing with what we currently have at the moment

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Fishing is more of a side thing than anything else, but honestly it wouldn't be difficult to add a few new rods. Maybe get some snazzy new models for them, and give those new variants their own unique perks like you said. It'd be a really low priority though, because fishing is... Quite literally, fishing. Nothing interesting about it, nor does it actually contribute to the server in any meaningful way other than an easy way for people to get small amounts of cash.

Oliverium

Level 54
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Neutral
Here me out though, different fishing rods in real life can catch larger fish the more expensive, maybe when you use stronger reels. What if there was a way to bring back the pro fishing rod to have a greater chance for epic, legendary, and mythical (or whatever it is above legendary) catches, or at least less junk and commons. It wouldn't add a ton, but it can make for more variety.

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
+1

I think this would be lovely to add to the server for those who spend most of their time fishing. There used to be a pro fishing rod however it had been removed this past year.

Also, enchanted items aren't taken ICly

Classicalist

Level 88
+1
I like the idea, Different types of fishing rods being bought from the fisherman would be amazing, You could even have a ultra rare one that can only be obtained by fishing etc. I think its a good use for the people who like to fish to earn money.

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

It seems like a really cool idea to bring back the PRO fishing rods like Infi mentioned. Fun fact, before the binoculars got their texture, I actually caught the binocular with a pro fishing rod (not sure if I was the first to catch it, but I was the first to post it in RPH, I believe). the PRO fishing rod helps slightly, and since fishing doesn't impact the server that much, it could be a cool thing to reimplement since fishing normally gets boring quickly, especially if you're just getting junk.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- This is something in the works at the moment with new models and such. Along with this eventually, players will be able to catch various fish at different locations​

Users who are viewing this thread