totalmisplay
totalmisplay
Rich

OOC SECTION

IGN:
Fllashbang

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
sven#6224

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

I do, it’s not of the best quality but works nonetheless. I have no further issues with communication.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
GMT+8 - Malaysia

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
None. This is my first application for a community team.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes, I understand.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
While I do have a lot of free time and try to keep my schedule as predictable as possible, there are a few factors that hinder my work speed.
Personal/Family Matters
School and Assignments
Projects

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Being able to construct entire worlds out of abstract figments of imagination has always been a fascinating concept to me. I enjoy creating stories and events for every character I own; I’ve always been invested in the lore of video games and other media involving storytelling, inspired by them to make my own. I can come up with stories on a whim, only taking minutes to flesh out worlds and make them as unique as possible.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes. In school, creative writing, or just writing in general has always been my favorite task to do, allowing me to express my ideas on paper. Characterization and lore are something I have done for many years, and this extends to outside of SRP as well. I have helped people write lore for their stories, as well as improvising rough drafts of plots handed to me.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore can be roughly defined as the backbone of a story, or in some cases, the story itself. From the events that shape a country to something as simple as the explanation behind an item, it answers the simple question of why things are the way they are. Lore holds a story together, supporting the plot and helping the story progress.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The crowd rages, chanting the repeated phrase again and again. The swarm of people besieges the focus like a predator surrounding prey- two individuals, an older girl, and a younger boy, circling each other, advancing and retreating into each other's space, treading back and forth in a confrontational choreography.

A street fight. A usual sight in such a town. Though, this time it looked as if it might just escalate any moment now. The obscenities thrown from both parties at each other were heating up, only fueling the audience’s itch for blood to be spilled. No one knew why the altercation took place, neither did anyone care to find out. What they did care about was for the fight to continue. Epicaricacy at its finest. The chant went on.

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

Still orbiting the positions of one another, a safe distance locked between the two fighters, the boy faked a punch, the girl instinctively recoiling. She blinked, then fired an incensed glare. Disappointed jeers came from the crowd. They expected the two to have more excitement to bring; they wanted more effort. The brief moment of dissatisfaction sharply concluded, when the girl ducked an arm behind as if actioning to unsheathe something. An off-duty cop gently nudged his way into the front row, closely observing the item being uncloaked by the female's concealed hand.

A bat? A knife? Whatever it was, there was a split second of prolonged tension, time appearing to stagnate like in the movies, except everything happening was real. Heads turned, and for an instant, a wave of unease washed over the boy, realizing that his head may not be so intact after this. However, there was no time to waste. He needed something to defend himself. Reaching his arm back and grabbing the first thing that stood out to his fingers, he triumphantly upraised the quote-unquote weapon he had picked--

A GUITAR?!

The spectators seemed to simultaneously raise a confused eyebrow, a replica of their expressions forming on the girl’s own, hers with an added tinge of disbelief mixed in. Was this it for the boy? Were his last moments going to be him looking like a fool, and then dying? The crowd silenced, then released the uproar they had been building up for the extent of this fight. Resting between the fierce grip of the girl's fingers...was another guitar.

The girl froze, her bafflement mirroring her opponent’s, her mind blanking. She hadn’t evaluated her next move well enough, only grabbing a random object that would allow her a hard swing at his head. It seemed her contender had the same thought process. As much as both of them wanted to bash each other over the head with the body of their guitars, perhaps there was a less violent approach to this battle that they could agree to.

Without further temporizing, the boy rapidly brushed his fingers over the strings with dexterity, firing the crowd’s enthusiasm. The spectators cheered. The off-duty cop, still blending in with the assembly, couldn’t help but play along and watch. The boy strummed his sick solo, the girl readying a counter. Now, this was a fight worth watching. The musical aftermath of the head-cutting duel echoed through the streets, drowning out the increasing sound of people.

No one was getting hurt. Not today.

(553 words)

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The Karakura Church. A building often deserted, shadowed with an ominous essence. Some claim the feeling of being watched lingers when in its presence as if being judged by those beyond. A long-forgotten tale occasionally rises as an explanation to this feeling--The Church Crusader. Out of all the folklore and mythology the mysterious town known as Karakura has to offer, this one comes from an ancient parish that once stood at the heart of the town we know and love.

Decades, some would even say centuries ago, a series of attacks were reported from churches all over the country. Churchgoers were being driven away from the buildings by what was believed to be impure demons that broke through Hell’s gates. Churches were shut down, and many were abandoned as a result of the attacks. People began fearing that their communication gateway to their Gods would be obstructed, desperately praying for those above to hear their cries for help.

When all hope appeared to be lost, among the consternation rose a hero--a Karakuran! He sought out to find the root of the problem and eradicate the demons from the churches. He was advised by the people to not embark on his unfeasible quest and to let the Gods do the work, but he was unable to be convinced to back down. He departed from the Karakura Church and set off on his ambitious pursuit, traveling to every church in Japan and liberating the tainted buildings of the demons that once occupied them. Driven by raw faith, no one dared display an ounce of disrespect or stand in the way of his mission. Some say he single-handedly fought off the demons that prowled around the oratories, others claiming that they shook at his mere presence, retreating at the sight of his silhouette. This part of the story has been distorted over the years, but one detail remains the same in all versions--the man always left victorious, purity restored to the churches once more.

Years passed, churches were sanctified, and word spread across villages about the man’s deeds. The man had succeeded in his quest of restoring the churches. He was a hero. Now he was widely recognized as a savior, but his name was never disclosed or found. He became a legend and was given the title that has since then become the name of this tale- The Church Crusader. The Gods were overjoyed to hear that this man had attained the unattainable, rewarding him with the blessing of immortality. The Church Crusader was soon assigned the eternal task of purifying the remaining tainted churches, keeping the demons at bay. The gates of Hell may not be salvageable, but the flow of evil spirits leaking into the overworld could be adjourned.

The veracity of this story is often doubted due to its themes and nature, but the few who believe in it say that The Church Crusader still roams the halls of infected sanctuaries to this day. They say that those with extreme luck may just catch a glimpse of him working his magic around the Karakura Church. Keep your distance and avoid getting too close, as he senses the impious within and might mistake one for a demon.

(537 words)

Thank you for reading!

Demurity

Level 35
Pending
We thank you for applying! Apologies for the wait, but we are currently placing you on pending. If you lose interest in this application, feel free to request its removal.

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Again, apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread