players online

Francesca Minamoto | Biography [WIP]

valiciana

Level 2
valiciana
valiciana
Fundraiser
Black Gold Rustic Artisinal Outdoor Graduation Banner (5).png
❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧❁

Francesca Minamoto | Biography
[note: none of the following information is to be taken ICly (except for like- appearance stuff, obviously)]

1661582502894.png1661582590585.png1661582700179.png1661582792718.png
[note: I could not find one picture that my character looked like, and I am super indecisive and would not feel satisfied just picking one (and I have a lot more pictures where those four came from lol!). Therefore, all pictures above are of the same character, Francesca Minamoto. Just pretend they are all the same character/they all look the same. BTW: the reason they all have different hair colors is that she dyes her hair a lot! Thanks for understanding!]

Basic Information
Full Name: Francesca Minamoto Genji
First Name: Francesca
Surname: Minamoto
Last Name: Genji

In case of any confusion regarding both the "surname" and "last name" above, here is an explanation:
Surname:
in this context, it is referring to the name that one shares with all other members within their family, tribe, clan, etc., dead or alive. Last Name: in this context, it is referring to the name that appears or is written last when one's full name is written or printed [such as on official documents, etc.]. Many times, it is a subdivision within a larger whole (i.e. it may refer to a more specific division of family members within a larger clan). Genji" does not appear as her last name on any official documents, though.
In Context: Minamoto is Francesca's "surname," the official name of the family/clan from which she is descended that goes back countless generations. Genji is Francesca's legal "last name" that is on official documents and such papers. It also refers to her specific and more directly-related family within the Minamoto clan as a whole. There are many branches within the Minamoto clan as a whole, each of them serving to identify specific people and or smaller groups of people more easily.

[note: this is by no means the official use of a "surname" versus "last name," I am simply modifying these terms for this context and my needs.]

Preferred Name: Francesca
Nicknames: Fran [used by Aubrey, Mike, and many others], France [used by Zoro]
Aliases: Genji
Height: 5"2 ft.
Weight: ~105 lbs.
Build: Quite slim, yet toned.
Skin Color: Light-skinned with only a small hint of a tan, but not very pale.
Eye Color: Amber eyes that sparkle.
Hair Style: Soft, with slight curls or gentle waves towards the edges/ends. Her hair hangs loose, falling far down her back and she has soft curtain bangs that frame her nice nicely. She oftentimes ties her hair back with a ribbon.
Hair Color: Her natural hair color is a darker brown. She has dyed her hair countless times, though (see a full list of all the different colors). Her current hair color is a lighter brown that sometimes looks silvery-white.
Fashion: Her fashion is very stylish, chic, and cool, always looking her best. She wears what she wants, whether that be styles like streetwear, tech-wear, prep, and high fashion, to name a few, or not. She can look very nicely put together, clean and proper if need be.
Abnormalities: WIP
Date of Birth: January 14, 2004
Nationality: Swiss-Japanese
Race: Euro-Asian
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Religious Beliefs: Shinto, Judaism
Political Beliefs: N/A
Spoken Languages: Japanese [first language], [others are to be requested]

General Appearance

Appearance: WIP
Personality: WIP
Diseases or Illnesses: WIP
Character Voice:
Equipment: WIP
Tattoos: WIP
Clothes: WIP
Hobbies: playing the piano, harp, and violin.
Serious Problems/Flaws/Addictions/Disorders/Disabilities: anxiety, ptsd (from sexual abuse, mental and physical abuse, etc.), adhd, trust issues, impulsivity
Skills: WIP
Quirks: WIP
Family:
Father
Mother
Eldest Brother
Older [middle] Brother
Maternal Grandmother
Maternal Grandfather
Paternal Grandmother
Paternal Grandfather

Other Relationships: WIP
Mike DuPeakz -- Ex Boyfriend (alive?), he left town one day and never came back
Aubrey -- Best friend

Gwyn DuPeakz -- Ex Boyfriend's sister, was really good friends with her
Chad DuPeakz -- Ex boyfriend's brother, was friends with him. Apparently he liked Fran and was upset that she was dating his brother?
Zoro -- This guy that Fran like fell in love with. It started off as a one night stand but then things got a bit more serious between the two. Then, one day, he just ghosted her. She hasn't heard or seen her in a while.
Bailey -- Good friend
Ryx -- this guy she had a one night stand with one night. after that he ghosted her for a while then one day he called her back up again. he basically just kept having these one night stands with her // meaningless hook ups and she was getting upset about that. she wanted something more than just that, but he couldn't give it to her. they ended on bad terms. the last thing she said to him was a really vulgar and heated text message that was from a couple of months ago.
zayden -- a guy she met on the street who asked her out to the dance, pretty solid guy, she hopes things will go well with him
jacob -- one of her closest and best friends

Quotes

The Family Backstory
Francesca Minamoto Genji is descended from a long line of ancient and significant ancestry, that being the Minamoto (源) clan, a clan whose parent house is the Imperial House of Japan. The Minamoto clan is also known as the Genji (源氏), hence her legal last name, or, less commonly known as the Genke (源家). The first known records of the Minamoto name can be traced all the way back to the eighth century, when Minamoto no Makoto, the seventh son of the Japanese Emperor Saga, in 814 CE, became the first-ever courtier to receive the name Minamoto. It was an honor to be given the name Minamoto, a name only reserved for members of the imperial family who were excluded from the line of succession. From then on, the Minamoto name would grow into a powerful clan, becoming an integrated clan family, and one that would become the most powerful and important in all of Japanese history. The Minamoto is one of the four great clans that dominated Japanese politics during the Heian period (794-1185 CE), the other three being the Fujiwara, the Taira, and the Tachibana. There were twenty-one branches of the clan, the most prominent, powerful, and successful of them being the Seiwa Genji (清和源氏), a branch descended from Minamoto no Tsunemoto, a grandson of Emperor Seiwa. Many of the most famous Minamoto warriors belonged to this line, in addition to the many samurai families that belonged to this branch of the Minamoto clan and used the Minamoto clan name in official records. This branch, the Seiwa Genji, is the line that Francesca and her family are descended from, it is the branch that she and her family represent.

Her Childhood
Francesca Minamoto Genji was born on the 14th of January, 2004 in Bern, Switzerland.

The Conflict
Her father was born in Japan and her mother in Austria. She has two older brothers, both of which were born in Japan, like her father. Francesca was born in and grew up in Switzerland, having lived there until she was 16 years old—that is, until her father permanently moved her, her family, and his court to his estate in the Northern Japanese Alps. Already growing she moved to Karakura, Japan by herself at the age of 16. She had a falling out with her family, and that being what caused her to run away. What were those circumstances, you may ask?

The Present Day
Now, she is 18 years old, still living in Karakura since her move to Japan two years prior.

Last edited:

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Spoken Languages: Japanese [first language], German, French, Italian, English, Korean, Russian, Polish, Hebrew
That's cool, my character Ji-Jae has spoken Korean, Gaelic, Japanese, German, English, Chinese, Sign-Language (Japanese and Korean) and Russian! :D

Latte

Level 194
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Okay. I dare you to speak them all at once MUAHUA-
NOOOOOOO I'd break the reality of everyone in Karakura only being allowed to speak 3 languages at once!!! That's a crime!! I cannot fathom breaking the barrier of reality...

Users who are viewing this thread