reifumo

Level 10
reifumo
reifumo
Omega
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

fumorei (my alternate account for which I am applying)
reifumo (my main account on which I have spent the majority of my time)

What is your discord name & tag?:
tilly#0002

Previous bans:
As of yet, I have not been banned.

Describe your activity on the server:
I've been playing on SchoolRP for almost a year now, with my playtime being 3 weeks, 6 days, and 9 hours.
I try to spend a moderate amount of time on the server, several hours per day, usually. I'm usually active in the afternoon until nighttime.

What is your timezone?:
My timezone is CET, or GMT+1.

List your current and past applications:

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
Throughout my time on the server, I mostly explored student roleplay and crime roleplay; thus interacting with people in the same faction. I was part of a gang until it disbanded, attended fight club events, and took part in a p2L gang war event between Akihito and Yamaguchi-Gumi, however, I mostly like to focus on DetailRP and my own storylines together with friends.
I still think I'm very much in my early roleplay days and I have a lot to learn, which is something I'm always looking forward to.

What is your motivation for applying?
I would very much like to explore other roleplay opportunities which differ from roleplaying as a college student and gang member. The EMS faction always struck me as inviting and interesting, especially from visiting the hospital in character. I would love to engage in DetailRP about medical procedures and being on duty, meet new people from the community and make connections. I'm looking to take part in roleplay events, whether scheduled or not - by not scheduled I mean players visiting the hospital without an aforementioned announcement since surprise roleplay opportunities are something I'm rather excited about.

I also wish to grow in this community; I've always felt stuck in the background and I think it's time I tried something different. I would be very grateful to be accepted.

Which role are you applying for?
(Surgeon, Doctor, or Psychiatrist):

I am applying for the role of Doctor.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
A hospital is an institution dedicated to treating those in need medically and surgically. Hospital work includes urgent care for sick and injured patients, nursing care for said patients; administering medicine, assisting the patient with everyday needs, keeping tabs on their past and current symptoms, and updating a patient's medical records.

A doctor's job is to treat those who are ill. They can identify a person's condition based on their symptoms through a thorough medical examination and recommend an appropriate method of treatment. Through an examination, a doctor may find a person's allergies, dormant conditions, hereditary conditions, and underlying conditions and act accordingly - such as recommending a new diet or switching up a patient's medication. Of course, a doctor must be able to know what's best for their patient in an emergency situation as well, acting fast and efficiently in case of a serious, perhaps even life-threatening injury.

They must be proficient in several fields, such as performing an x-ray, examining and interpreting the scanned results, identifying a fracture, and applying a cast, all in the occurrence of a broken bone. Disinfecting the area of injury, stitching a wound closed if necessary, cleaning with antiseptic and saline solution and covering the wound with a bandage or gauze, all in case of an open wound. When treating someone with a burn, a doctor will clean the damaged area with water-based treatments and reconstruct the region if necessary.

Some other tasks include vaccination and issuing medication, assisting senior doctors and surgeons during surgery or with duties that require more than one pair of hands, keeping track of a patient's medical history, and performing regular health check-ups.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Absolutely.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Of course.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Reiko Onodera

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, she/her.

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/Ph.D.):

Bachelor

Character’s Nationality:
Japanese-Italian

Character’s Marital Status:
Unmarried

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Shinto

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Italian, Japanese

Backstory (100+ Words)
You may find my character's biography here:

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Reiko chose to focus on Pulmonology, the study which focuses on the respiratory system and the treatment of the diseases affecting it, and Cardiology, the study which focuses on the heart and the treatment of the diseases affecting it. She chose pulmonology, because lung problems run in her family, with the latest person to suffer being her father, a victim of lung cancer. Despite not living with her family any more, and their lack of finances for any proper oncologic treatment, Reiko wanted to know how to help them.

"If I'm gonna die by not being able to breathe, at least I want to know what caused it. Oh, and prevent it, I guess." - Reiko Onodera, circa 2004.

She also chose to study cardiology due to the poetic nature of the statement "I study the heart."
It's a peculiar-looking organ, so many creatures share it. Some have more than 4 chambers, and some have fewer, yet their purpose is always the same. It beats for you.

She hopes deep inside that her knowledge and ability to treat all threats to the lungs will draw her family back to her, or rather, that they will come crawling to her feet and beg her for her aid, for her money, and most of all, her forgiveness for casting her aside. She is smarter, stronger, better... Isn't she? And then there's her mother dearest. She's the only one who matters, and all Reiko could ever wish for in her heart is her mother's well-being.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Reiko spent five years in medical residency programs, submitting a dual application to General Surgery and Internal Medicine. It required extra preparation and consultation, but it allowed her to focus on both specialties and explore more opportunities.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, after Reiko's Medical Licensing Examination, she worked as a cardiologist at Tōkyō Teishin Hospital in Tokyo, Japan for three years and as a pulmonologist at the JCHO Tokyo Shinjuku Medical Center for five years.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
While Reiko was working in Japan, she took a seminar on Pathology, allowing her to expand her knowledge of the causes and effects of disease and injury. It incorporated a wide range of biology research and medical practices. This would allow her to perform her own lab tests, examine bodies and body tissues, and reach important results and diagnoses.
Another seminar she attended while working was on Otolaryngology, which is the specialty focused on the ears, nose, and throat - something that she deemed necessary to incorporate due to her focus on the lungs and respiratory system.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, and what makes them unique?

Reiko is an albino woman standing at 5'11. She wears glasses, due to shortsightedness, as with albinism come several problems with eyesight, though she lucked out on not inheriting nystagmus - the involuntary movements of the eye. Her eyes are colorless, though in certain conditions they appear purple, pink, and even crimson. She likes to stay in shape, and her build muscular, though she mostly hides that accomplishment under monotone, yet comfortable clothing. Peeking through her lips is a silver front tooth.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Reiko knows the importance of maintaining a cool head, both on and off duty. She can come off as rather blunt when dealing with patients - she's not one to lie to someone in need. However, she's a caring soul, and if it wasn't her rough beginnings that showed her the importance of human connections, it was most certainly the relationships she built with patients along the way. She will do everything in her power to accommodate someone's problems, even if it's at the cost of being a little tense. When it's time to clock out, Reiko relaxes, and becomes a bit easier to socialize with - something she likes to do.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Reiko has no preference, she's fine working alone and fine working with others. An extra helping hand is always appreciated, as is an achievement for doing a good job alone. Of course, she will not push herself if she knows something is beyond her - it's okay to ask for help, after all. If her assistance is required, she is on her feet and happy to help.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Right now, Reiko would be satisfied working in the Karakura Hospital long-term. Her goal is to keep supporting her mother through dedicating a portion of her money to her each month and mailing it to her home. She wants to work hard, perhaps even aiming for a future promotion, but it's not something she needs with every fiber of her body, at least not immediately; she still needs to earn her place at the Hospital.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Reiko can seem like very much of a background character if it weren't for her peculiar look, which she wasn't a fan of. She likes to be calm and keeps to herself most of the time, even though she loves sharing her interests with her colleagues, whom she really values. She handles stress very well which earned her a lot of admiration at her past jobs. She knows she can be crazy and eccentric, but she believes it would ruin her collected image among her acquaintances - which is why despite her love of conversation, she can come off as antisocial. Reiko cares, she's just bad at expressing it. Perhaps she's just afraid, but she's endured worse than social awkwardness.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted!

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - alex!#4532 - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread