Reximix

Level 9
Reximix
Reximix
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Reximix
What's the title of your suggestion?: Furniture Optimization Toggle

What's your suggestion?:
The continuous growth of new furniture in SRP being rendered regardless of whether or not you can see them was bound to cause increasing lag. However, the new update is greatly appreciated as it boosted my FPS considerably!

2024-09-10_19.19.59.png2024-09-10_19.40.20.png

From what I can see, the way it functions depends on where the playerhead is facing, not your respective view! The furniture would only render if the player was directly facing the furniture, while turning the head away would cause them to disappear. This can cause an issue with taking screenshots of your character standing in front of certain furniture! Of course, you can always get a friend to take the screenshot for you, but I see this as a major inconvenience; I would hope many will agree on that. Additionally, I'm an avid user of Replay Mod and I use it to create short videos on SRP all the time; a good number of people use this tool as well. Unfortunately, Replay Mod will not pick up unrendered artifacts.

2024-09-10_20.28.35.png2024-09-10_20.28.41.png
(I took these screenshots using Replay Mod)

I agree that this optimization update was necessary and I would hope for it to remain and continue to improve, however the only solution I can think of would be to make this optimization an optional setting or a toggleable! i.e: /togglenametags

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Having the optimization update become toggleable will allow the community to benefit from both the increase in performance and keeping the furniture visible both in F5 and in Replay Mod.

Attachments

• 2024-09-10_20.28.35.png
    2024-09-10_20.28.35.png
    545.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2024-09-10_20.28.41.png
    2024-09-10_20.28.41.png
    621.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Miamorchito

Level 31
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1

As long as it can be toggled and does not provoke any issues with performance, I do not see any issues with this.

Mialyansa

Level 78
+1 This might present a bit of complexity but assuming this mechanic is built on the resourcepack itself I have a solution in mind and that is that there are two texturepacks available in the texturepack downloading page, one optimized and one more fit for stronger pcs.

If you have an stronger pc you can download the more raw resourcepack and if you have a weaker pc with less power you might want to get the optimized resourcepack.

soratheonly

Level 77
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
+1
I really like taking pictures/looking at my character and it looks weird if the background is barren.

Users who are viewing this thread