Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

gahleee

Discord Name & Tag:

catalyst#1404

Previous bans:

Failure to report a duper

Describe your activity on the server:

I’m very active on the server, most of the time I’ll be online, even if I’m tabbed out and doing something unrelated to SRP. Though I do have school and stuff to do with my family, I try to make time for all three. I try to keep my activity at a consistent rate. I usually spend my time interacting with friends and engaging in RP scenarios with other players. I’ve had an interest in KPD for more than a couple of months, and I’m excited about the opportunity to expand my SRP experience and try something new.

Which timezone are you in?

EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

KPD application-https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-officer-application-gahleee.45426/

What is your motivation for applying?:

I’ve had an interest in KPD for a while, hence my first application. I decided to apply a second time since my interest in joining never faded. I know a few people on KPD and the overall experience I've had with KPD on my gahleee account has been pretty entertaining, and interesting to see how they solve certain situations. To put it in simpler terms, I’ve had an interest in having a character very different from my current ones, and I think joining KPD would be the perfect dynamic between my two accounts. One thing I failed to mention in my last application, was that I occasionally do gangrp on my gahleee account. It’s something I’ve decided to take a break from, possibly for good, and I am 100% ready to leave that all in the past and dedicate myself to the role of an officer if I am accepted into KPD. I’m aware that being a part of a gang or engaging in gangrp will lower my chances or completely have my application disregarded, therefore I’ve taken the initiative by leaving the gang I was in and not participating in any gangrp situations from this point forward.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

My dad is a detective, and I've spent a lot of my childhood in his precinct. I’ve seen how Officers at the front desk respond to certain reports and situations. Having an interest in certain aspects of criminal justice myself, I've done my fair share of research on laws, and how police work is done. SRP-wise, I know that cadets will have to go through training before they are able to go on patrol. I also know that the front desk of KPD is where reports and bail are taken. I know that they must search for anyone wearing a mask, no matter what kind of mask. This is done to protect others' safety, in case someone is carrying a concealed weapon. I Know certain items can result in a fine if the proper proof of being able to carry said item isn’t provided.
When it comes to certain positions within the police force, I have a decent understanding of what they do and their purpose.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

Police are important to SchoolRp because they create balance, by giving protection to the citizens of Karakura, Japan from gangs and criminals. Without them, the city would lead to chaos, and constant crime everywhere without any justice being brought, which would surely upset a lot of players. There is an equilibrium between KPD and Gangrp’ers, which satisfies everyone, to say the least.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I do acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

I do acknowledge this, and I plan on being 100% dedicated, trying my best to fulfill the role as appropriately as possible. I understand that if I'm accepted, I will have to undergo training, which I am ready to do, to understand how to be a proper KPD member.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I do acknowledge this.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Nobuaki Kato

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, he/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Bachelor’s degree in chemistry

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Swedish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Nobuaki is a well-built male, standing at a solid height of 6’0. His skin tanned from the sun, due to his coastal surroundings growing up, and his hair sometimes d****d across his face in an untidy way. His eyebrows are always shaped, complimenting the warm smile that adorned his face. When faced with dangerous situations, his cheerful expression quickly fades into a stoic expression, which suits his brave demeanor. His most noticeable personality traits would be his sincerity, determination, and reliability. Always has his friend's backs when they need it most.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Charisma is something that comes easy to Nobuaki. In professional situations, he’s often mellow and relaxed. He understands that some things come first and that he has to prove he can be responsible and mature. In dire a dire situation, he is always on alert. Trying his best to look professional and brave in front of others, while also making them feel safe and comfortable. During casual situations, he is usually spending time with friends, and family. He can often be seen fishing by the docks, or maybe searching the menu of a bakery. He tends to joke around a little, able to make light out of any situation, even the worst ones. Joking as a means of coping, he finds himself making the most unusual friends through his jokes and light-heartedness. Nobu tries his best not to stand out in a crowd, he tries to blend in with others, yet he ends up doing the exact opposite. One of his biggest struggles is feeling out of place. In a room full of silent people, he would be the one to speak first. Although he can be immature at times, he is aware there’s a fine line between being professional and unprofessional. Nobuaki finds himself involuntarily keeping in touch with the youthful side of Karakura, feeling more connected to them than he does with peers his age. Nobuaki often finds himself feeling sympathy for both victims and criminals. In professional and casual situations, his sincerity and dedication remain the same, always sticking to his morals and staying humble.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Nobuaki looks up to his co-workers, whether they have a higher or lower ranking than him. He understands the work they’ve put in to get to where they are. This makes him want to work even harder, feeling like he hasn’t done enough. He plans on going through the ranks, never getting too comfortable, always having his sight set ahead. He feels the need to always set a goal for himself because he feels that during the time he relaxes, he’s wasting precious seconds that he could be used to get stronger in all aspects of life. He sees his co-workers as people who should put his trust, and be able to create a steady bond with. Because whether or not they think highly of him, he believes they’ll have his back no matter what.

Teamwork is one of the most important things to Nobu. “Teamwork makes the dream work.” A cliche motto that he wholeheartedly believes in. He understands trying to be independent isn’t as effective as working with others. Working together in a group is the most efficient way to get things done, and Nobuaki isn’t a stranger to that concept. His willingness to listen to commands, and hear out ideas or plans is what got him so far in life. If he can faith in others, and they can reciprocate it, then he believes he can accomplish anything.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

I see myself as a mix of both, but more of a leader. I feel like I can take control of certain situations I have an understanding of, and if I don’t know the complete story, i’m willing to listen and make a decision. With that being said, I know when I should take a seat and let someone else take control. If they’re more suited for something than I am, I’ll let them handle it, and do what I can to support them and follow their lead. I’m able to pick up on leadership skills by following another's footsteps, and accepting the responsibilities of something when necessary.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Born into a lower-class home as a single child, Nobuaki found himself having to pick up side jobs to make money for groceries. During his childhood is when he found his passion for baking and fishing. Both of which resulted in him being able to feed himself and his family. He was fortunate to have a very loving mother, whom he got his kindhearted side, and a fearless father, whom he got his bravery from. His parents own a small but successful
bakery in their hometown. They never failed to satisfy Nobu’s hunger, sometimes going out of their way to bake extra bread and snacks for him to bring to the other students at school. His gifts and overall sincerity are what drew people to him. Throughout his childhood, he was able to make close friendships, and leave long-lasting impressions on them. Many of his peers would try to walk over him, thinking they would succeed specifically because of his kindness, only to fail miserably. Nobu wasn’t a naive child. He knew when he had to speak up for himself and others, and noticing there weren’t many kids like him who were able to defend themselves, he decided he would do what he could to defend them. Able to easily gain the trust of others, he made the decision to never take advantage of that. He would instead use that trust to build strong bonds, that would last many years. Although he was well off with friends, he still held the burden of being one of the poorest in his hometown. This is what pushed him to focus heavily on his education. Nobu had always seen himself as a symbol of justice for others. After realizing his passion and dreams aligned the most with police work, Nobuaki educated himself on all he could about them. The idea of being able to make money helping others was a blessing to him. Studying criminology for the majority of his childhood, picking up books from the library, and doing research, he found himself acting out scenarios on his own. Becoming a police officer was the one thing he knew he needed to do. Seeing statistics on crime rates, and even witnessing some himself, would only further his drive and passion to work hard towards becoming a police officer. Karakura being the hotspot for criminal activity in Japan, Nobuaki moved there, thinking it would be the best place for him to pursue his career.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot legally own a pocket knife in Karakura. No matter what the reason for carrying it is, It falls under major illegal weaponry and will result in an arrest.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Birth control- used to prevent pregnancy

Bandages- used to patch up any wounds/cuts

Eyepatch- a protective patch for the eye. Used to prevent infections and encourage stronger eyesight in the opposite eye

Paracetamol- a painkiller used to treat aches or pain

Cough syrup- a cough medicine used to alleviate any congestion and prevent coughing from occurring

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

First I would ask them to stop, and if they continued I would radio a higher up or detective for help. Once that’s done, I would move them away from the inmate if possible, to prevent the inmate from getting seriously injured, and to make sure my fellow co-worker isn’t putting themselves in danger with a criminal.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

If I see my co-worker being assaulted, I’ll unholster my taser and de-escalate the fight as much as possible. Once I’m able to break it up and get the offender against the wall, I’ll make sure my co-worker is okay, while also dealing with the attacker. If it is a group, I’ll call for backup first, before following through with the plan prior.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

I will immediately report them to a higher-up. If possible, I will get an IC video recording, and pictures of them committing these crimes, so I am able to provide proof.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

I will not pay them any mind. I will continue to follow through with my job, since bribes mean nothing, go against KPD rules, and are not my main priority. If they continue to push the idea of bribing me any further, I will give them the most appropriate fine for their actions, or arrest them for obstruction of justice if that is necessary.​

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread