mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GammaRose | Hospital Surgeon Application

Gamma Rose

Level 22
Hospital Format
IGN: GammaRose

How old are you?:
I am sixteen-years-old and I will be turning seventeen in mid-July.

What timezone are you in?:
Hawaiian Aleutian Time-Zone

What country are you from?: United States of America

Do you have Discord? If you do, list it here: GammaRose#0258
Though I have a microphone, in case there is a call, it is lacking in quality and I usually have to remain muted for the sake of my family.

How long have you been on the server for?:
I’ve played on the server since the late months of 2016, around August or September, and I've been playing on the server till this very day.

Do you have any previous bans or kicks?:
No, I do not have any bans, warnings, nor any kicks. I won’t nor will I ever push the boundaries that will warrant such punishments.

List your past and current applications:

1. Gamma Rose | Ahmya's Hyperalgesia Application
    1. Accepted
  2. Pluto's Korean Language Application
    1. Accepted
  3. Pluto's Gaelic Language Application
    1. Accepted
  4. GammaRose: Ahmya's Teaching Assistant Application
    1. Accepted
  5. Ahmya's Russian Application
    1. Accepted
  6. Ahmya's Russian Application
    1. Denied
  7. Alexei's Russian app
    1. Denied
  8. Pluto's Mirror Touch Synesthesia
    1. Accepted
  9. Claira Bell's Hemophilia Application
    1. Accepted
What’s your motivation for applying?:
Every application that I apply for is always made with the greatest of passion. In August-September, I had applied for a role as a Teaching Assistant in hopes of helping teachers with their classes. It was accepted, and I made sure to work as diligently as I could. I used every opportunity to learn, every class to improve, and asked for criticism from the teachers to better myself. However, as of late, there has been a lack of classes. I solely applied for the job to help teachers with their courses in handling the abundance of rowdy children, not to stand around idly with barely anything to do. So, what else can one do except search for job/roleplay opportunities that offer both character development and growth in OOC knowledge?​

In real life, I am an aspiring student that is looking for a future in the medical field. I have taken classes related to the subject– biology, medical interventions (a new science class that shows what goes on in hospitals, how things work, interviewing both doctors, scientists, nurses etc…)–. I have medically cared for people in my life who could not physically tend to themselves (I had to work as a nurse for them). I am a sixteen-year-old teenager who is eager to learn, and I hope that this roleplay can offer some insight and empathy for a peek in hospital life. I understand the roleplay on SRP isn’t taken into full consideration, that most players don’t ultimately hold it to a serious point; yet, after filling out this application, I have learned many things that I have not yet seen in any of my classes.​

I’d also like to add that prior to applying for jobs on SRP, I had roleplayed a character on LOTC (Lord of the Craft) that was majorly involved in medical roleplay. Though she was not a doctor, most practices there is largely practiced here in the real world; the only difference is, all the materials are named differently (coagulants in the real world have a more waxed feel and do not immediately stop bleeding but it has the same effects as it would in LOTC, same goes for materials that relieve pain and induce sleep).​

Are you aware that each position has a set minimum age limit? (N: 23, D: 25, S: 28)*
*(Key: N = Nurse, D = Doctor, S = Surgeon)
Yes, I am more than aware of the set minimum age and I have fully prepared my character with the background she needs to fill the years she has grown into.​

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes, I am fully aware of what will happen if I remain inactive.​

What are you applying for?:
I am applying for the role of a Trauma Surgeon or a general Surgeon (I understand that on SRP, the roles/jobs that exist are more ambiguous than it would be irl).​

What do you know about the role you’re applying for?:
Surgeons, much like doctors, are the repair crew to the human body, only, they dig in much further. First, gathering the medical history that is provided to them by the hospital and doctors, they’d then ask the patient a series of questions to gather the symptoms related to the ailment in which they are at the hospital for. After gathering the necessary information that they have and comparing it to other sources, they’d then create a surgical plan that will help the patient. Surgeons must also have an empathetic connection to the patient to understand if they are ready for surgery or not which is crucial when performed. If unprepared for what is to befall ahead then it can have a great impact on the performance of the body during surgery, such as increased stress levels. The role of a surgeon, similar to a doctor, varies in what they all specialize in… but in this case such as SRP, the job is much more ambiguous and is open to all fields and specialties.​

What do you know about basic medical knowledge?:

• Attending physical injuries:
    • Bruising: To slow and decrease the formation of a bruise, the patient must quickly retrieve either a heat or cold compress. If the swelling has already formed, then, either way, recover a heat or cold compress from decreasing/minimizing the pain (it also keeps it from flaring up.)
    • Cuts/Sc****s: When tending a patient who has an open wound, the person tending to the injuries must first– 1) With a pair of STERILE tweezers, clear any debris that has/is covering the injury 2) Disinfect the injury with rubbing alcohol by using either a cotton swab or pad. This minimizes the chance of the patient developing an infection. 3) Using a popsicle stick or your finger (if gloved/washed properly), apply a generous amount of either vaseline or petroleum jelly to ensure the injury stays moisturized for a fast recovery (and so it doesn’t dry out…) 4) Cover it with a bandage. However, this is all dependent on how deep the cut actually is. If breaching 5 inches and more, it is necessary to report it to a medical practitioner to have it checked and sutured. The same steps apply if it is the case of a cut that deep with the difference of adding two-three extra steps (suturing the injury, (optional/varying) cleaning the injury of any blood, applying a cover, then bandaging it up to hold it in place.)
    • Sutures: When in the case of a wound that is five inches or deeper, the injury must be sewn together to prevent further bleeding and infection. You repeat the same steps from cuts & sc****s– using a pair of sterile tweezers to clear the cut of any debris, then use rubbing alcohol to sterilize the injury itself– but instead of quickly moving onto petroleum jelly, you find a way to close the wound. There are many forms of sutures; glue, staples, steri-strips (taping the wound closed), and stitches, but in this post, I will discuss the process of stitching sutures.
      • There are two forms of stitching sutures: continuous, the most common form of sutures, and interrupted (repeatedly cut off), a form used if the injury is VERY deep. First, with a CLEAN & STERILE suture hook and STERILE silk string (the most common form of suture strings), you stitch the skin together in a steady yet fast-paced motion. Depending on how well you stitch will depend on how well it heals and scars.
  • Concussions:
    • A concussion is the result of a head injury, and depending on how hard said person was hit, it depends how bad the head trauma is… nonetheless, when in the result of a concussion, the patient has a mandatory 2-week rest from all forms of work. Upon just receiving it, the best thing for the patient to do is to refrain from moving and for the helper (whoever is tending to the patient) to retrieve a cold compact. The patient must refrain from any strenuous physical activity as the symptoms can lead to some EXTREMELY dire situations. (Speaking from several personal experiences.)
  • Viral Illnesses
    • If one is a bystander, then the best way to keep safe of a virally sick patient is to maintain a distance of 10 feet. If closer, then make sure to practice good hygiene (washing hands, taking a shower once a day, don’t eat food off of the floor.)
    • If tending to one who is sick, then the best thing to do is to adorn oneself with a mask. Make sure to keep the mask dry at all costs. Actions such as coughing or sneezing breach the mask’s protective barrier, resulting in useless wear. As for the patient, the best steps to improve their well-fare is to: 1) rest and to refrain from any strenuous activity 2) Drink lots of water to keep at their normal eating schedule 3) Check their temperature for any changes 4) Keep 10 feet away from people to prevent any bacteria from spreading. If there is a case that they reach a high fever, then make sure to observe their temperature for any dramatic changes. Patients that exhibit fevers that are and over the maximum of 104ºF are to be immediately sent to the hospital. KEEP HYDRATED!!!!
  • Major / Excessive Bleeding
    • When dealing with an injury/wound that has excessive bleeding, one must always find a way to slow it down. The best way to do this is to TIGHTLY tie either a belt or a long cloth around above the injury. This prevents the patient from bleeding out and provides enough time for EMS to show up. However, this is only applied to limbs.
    • When bleeding excessively around the torso, use a CLEAN cloth and press it tightly against the wound. This should slow the bleeding to give EMS enough time to show up.
Do you know the basic Color Codes for medical emergencies?:
C O D E • R E D
Code Red indicates a fire or smoke has been spotted within the hospital or hazardous temperatures/polluted air has or is nearing.

C O D E • O R A N G E
Code Orange indicates an exposed hazardous spill or material and requires immediate response by a staff member.

C O D E • Y E L L O W
Code Yellow indicates a past disaster, which in itself has a multitude of meanings. It could be the effects of a natural disaster or the result of an incident that resulted in multitudes of injured patients; an example could be victims of a tornado, or perhaps a crashed train. It helps to alert staff of an incoming night or day for patients who require immediate responses.

C O D E • G R E E N
Code Green indicates an emergency activation of a ward or the facility itself. Usually, it is due to a hazardous threat, a natural disaster, or drills. However, it can also be a clearing sign for staff to return to their duties.

C O D E • B L U E
Code Blue, though varying in specifics of the topic, indicates a medical emergency within the facility. The coded color itself can include many situations in itself, settings such as cardiac arrest, a drop in blood pressure, or a stroke; but in the act of this medical emergency, Code Blue requires a set team to respond and act.

C O D E • V I O L E T / P U R P L E
Code Violet often indicates a violent or abrasive combative individual(s,) but it could also indicate a psychiatric emergency, lost/disoriented patients, overloaded emergency wards with patients that are being diverted to other facilities, or VIP/celebrities and staff needs to be on best behavior.

C O D E • P I N K
Code Pink primarily indicates child abduction, but it also is announced for patients under the influence of an agent, bio-hazardous containment, staff harassment by fellow staff members, pediatric emergency, or an imminent birth with no available physician.

C O D E • B R O W N
Code Brown indicates severe weather, such as a hurricane or a severe thunderstorm.

C O D E • B L A C K
Code Black indicates a bomb threat or a threat made to the hospital by either internal or external forces. It doesn’t often mean that it is made directly to the hospital, but it often means that it could possibly threaten the facility.

C O D E • S I L V E R
Code Silver indicates an active shooter, however, it is most commonly paired with Code Black– threats made to the hospital internally or externally– than used solely. Lockdowns are dependent on how severe the situation is.

C O D E • W H I T E
Code white indicates an evacuation. This could be due to an incoming natural disaster, or an incoming threat that cannot be attended by staff.​

List all the EMS roles and their jobs:

• Head Physician
    • Head Physicians, also known as Chief Physicians, are medical practitioners that are heads or leads of their own department (similar to having a boss). Oftentimes, they are the ones who are in charge of medical matters, but in some cases, are in charge of another’s profession/department.
  • Clinical Lead
    • A clinical lead is the head of a particular department that is in charge of all faults and failures that occur from within. They bear the responsibility of not just one, but the entire team. In a sense, they are the leaders of group projects.
  • Clinical Manager
    • Clinical managers, despite being neither in charge nor responsible for the department they are in, are, in fact, in charge of the matters and work of the facility, ensuring that all things run smoothly. They supervise any staff that is held or works within the department.
  • Psychiatrist
    • Psychiatrists are the helpers to the mind. They are there to listen and offer their own advice to patients that are provided to help them. If presented with the case of a serious medical disorder, it is their job to find out the truth from a lie before prescribing said patient with medications. Psychiatrists also are there to check in with patients to ensure nothing has happened or changed mentally post-op surgery or hospitalizing events.
  • Surgeon
    • Surgeons are the medical engineers of the body that use the information provided to them by patients, doctors, nurses, and medical backgrounds (given by the hospital). After gathering said info, they concoct up a plan that is to be enacted during surgery which it’s main purpose is to help and aid the patient.
  • Doctor
    • Doctors are medical practitioners that specialize in finding out the physical and/or mental ailments of the patient. In some sense, they are the detectives of the body… However, they primarily depend on the symptoms that are exhibited and informed to them by the patient. If there is any case that what a patient has is worse than what is anticipated or is out of their field, they are either recommended to a surgeon or a psychiatrist.
  • Nurse
    • Nurses are the most vital of roles that keep the hospital running. Though usually tending to scut-work– taking temperatures, recording vitals, observing the patient,– they assist both surgeons and doctors. When in the room with a doctor, they report the symptoms of the patient, write, log, and, most importantly, record the appointment for the future and the patient’s notice. When in surgery, nurses play a crucial role in keeping the workplace sterile, making sure the area is clear, passing tools to the surgeon, and keeping check of the patient’s vitals. As for the aftermath of the surgery, they remain close and check in to observe the patient in case anything crucial happens or if they are in need of something (water, food, etc…)

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

How is your character like during and off shift?:
Not many traits differed from when the woman was off and on shift. She’d always confront the world with a charming & kind smile that emitted a gentle and comforting warmth to it, and a whimsical tongue with a vocabulary consisting of victorian words. The woman was always prepared to lend out a hand to those who sought help but remained on guard for any misfortune that would so happen to pass by (she is an extremely anxious woman.)

The only trait that honestly differed was her shortage of patience when confronted with a series of lies or limited thinking. When in the workplace, Ahmya’s kind and gentle demeanor would immediately switch to a much more strict and cold persona; her smiling features remaining the same, but her jeweled gaze sharpened brightly, hard and unsettling as diamonds. But when far from the characteristics of work-life, the woman would simply ignore said person(s) until, to her, they reached a sense of sensibility. If–when off shifts– the person decided to further test the woman’s patience, they would quickly find themselves suffering under the chains of her wrath.​

How would you describe your character’s personality in summary?:
Though lacking a sense of self-worth, pride, and confidence, Ahmya presented herself to the public eye a strong, commanding, endearing, and courageous presence; never detered nor seemingly affected by the dangers that could be inflicted upon herself. In which, she was quite endearing… Naturally at heart, without any sense of fakery or deception, Ahmya was kind, compassionate, a hardworking soul with a heart of embers, burning brightly with empathy… and empathy that was somehow able to understand the sufferings and trauma of the human soul, almost as if she herself had also endured such misgivings. What was even greater was the woman’s sense of self-awareness, able to read anyone– as if they were an open book filled with only a single page– with just one look, one smell, and just a few simple interactions. Such amazement was all but developed through countless betrayals, losses, and wins… aged like the finest of wine.​

How would you describe your character’s appearance?

The youthful woman still bore the same features of when she was in her early twenties, only much more refined with a touch of elegance.
Bearing the features of a porcelain doll with subtle soft skin and paled tones, it was neatly adorned with 2 birthmarks under the woman’s right eye. Her gaze, a pair of sapphire and emerald outlining a ring of hazel– sparkling like gold–, were almost akin to a couple of star-dusted jewels, shining brightly in both artificial and natural lighting. Her draping long hair had a natural consistency of gold, straight yet awfully curly and snake-like at the ends. Though, depending on the job, chore, or assignment that she is working on, Ahmya would braid parts of her hair before tying it up into a high ponytail, or, an even larger braid.
The clothes Ahmya was clad in consisted of a fashion that usually covered her arms, hands, and neck. Within the work field, her clothes bore that of a more conservative style, but when off shift, it tended to be a tad bit revealing in some areas…or perhaps even more conservative. When walking around, the strong– yet not overdone– scent that could be caught in a whiff was the sweet smell of peaches (specifically peach bellini from Bath and Bodyworks.)​
(OOC: I drew a picture of her face with her hair tied up for a better depiction)

Do you have any mental or physical illnesses we should be aware of? (Taken in POV)
Unfortunately, I suffer from many physical and mental ailments. After Elementary and High School, I had been diagnosed with Complex PTSD due to a series of traumatic events, and with events, I had even developed a disease known as Schizophrenia, Paranoid Schizophrenia to be exact. With an extra dose of misfortune, I, within time, developed a form of depression; however, this does not impact my work life. As for physical ailments, I have a condition known as hyperalgesia that is primarily concentrated within my back. For a few years, I have been on a strict schedule when it comes time to take my medication. Since taking my medication, I have had zero to no psychotic episodes. As for my back, due to a strong personality addiction disorder that runs strong within my family, I refrain from using powerful medications that heed and lower the pain; to aid me for when it flares up, I use a cane.​

(OOC: Both Paranoid Schizophrenia and Complex PTSD were developed through server roleplay after a series of traumatizing incidents. Paranoid Schizophrenia is a disease/disorder that can be triggered by a series of stressful events.)

Backstory [Shortened]
Ahmya's current life story is not as simply told in the form of the of a few paragraphs, but rather a long series of novels with its several colorful chapters; hence why we have the shortened conveniencing version of it:

Since birth, Ahmya, or in this past case, Aleksandra, was marked as the bastard black sheep of the family; firstly named after her mistress mother, a drug addicted ring leader of crime, secondly cursed with the weak and immune-breached body, and thirdly born with the unlucky veil of bad luck.
Aleksandra started life alone and friendless– stuck with only the company of her mother, the brief appearance of her father, and the long distanced sights of her half-bastard brother– confined in the bleak and cold environments of a small hospital room. It wasn't until the fourth-fifth grade that the girl had finally for once been released into the bright and cruel world, which didn't take long to strike. One faithful spring day, when the windows of the elementary school building had been left wide open, Aleksandra was thrown out of the second floor with only a few trees and gardening supplies to break and catch her fall; all in the failed attempt in making friends. Despite being traumatized, the event had spawned within the girl's mind a sense of curiosity and wonder for the outer-reaches of the world.

Middle school had rolled along and the girl approached it with an eager smile, hopefilled eyes, and a heart that burned brightly in innocence and kindness. The first few years were but of pure bliss, spent time hanging out and making friends, finding childhood love, and for the first time, bonding with her family. However, drifting within the eye of the storm, the girl was pulled and thrown into the chaotic currents of violence, bullying, betrayal, and suffering. After a long year of bullying, during the final semesters of Middle-School, the girl's heart was broken after being sent to the hospital in critical condition after recieving a heavy beating from her bullies and seeing her best friend, ex-girlfriend, dating the one person who had tormented her the most physically. Just like all forms of death, something else was born in to replace what had been lost in the world… The girl, once optimistic and innocent, was filled with a sense of pure anger and hatred for the world; all aimed to those who had betrayed her.

During the summer before her highschool years began, the girl was physically trained and changed in an early preparation for the plots she had planned, the fall of her tormentors and betrayers. With a strong change in the construct of her mind, personality, and body, the youth entered highschool with a manipulative tongue and clever mind. Those who had done or laid harm to her soon felt the karma and consequences of harming the weak, suffering under the hands of her burning endless wrath, and those who had dared crossed paths in the middle of her fits would immediately follow the same consequence. This went the same for family… Aleksandra's change in personality did not go un-noticed. At the home, the girl became physically violent, starting fights with her siblings, verbally lashing out at those who messed with her boiling temper, and gas-lighting those who dare tried to lecture her on her behavior. The girl was destructive, stuck and unknowledgeable of the tormenting storm of emotions and trauma that dwindled from within her…

IN an attempt to reform the girl, a family meeting, held by the grandfather, was hosted; deciding the youth's future was to continue within a city filled with crime, a city that could break down Aleksandra and shape her into a knowledgeable woman…A place known as Karakura, Japan.

Karakura certainly had a great impact on the girl… it was here that she learned– after earning herself a blood count (a series of tally mark scars that are embedded on her arms that are meant to count the series of endless losses in her life)– the importance of kindness, honesty, temperance, and family. It was here…that she finally met her true friends and purpose in life.

(note: I had to shorten this by A LOT or else it would lead to another few pages. Most of the information in her history is left out but, not much I can do)
SECTION 1: Personal Details
Full Name:
Ahmya Homura Sterling
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms., Dr.
Given Name(s): Mya, Babey, Rapunzel, Crippled, Ocean
Preferred Name: Dr. Sterling
Religious Denomination: Spiritually searching
Marital Status: Currently seeing someone
Nationality: English (British)
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details
Years of Residency: