mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

-

atoki

Level 123
atoki
atoki
Notable+
I’d first like to remind you that cops are government officials, and they are funded by the government to be given extra items such as body cameras. If you want to kill a cop, you gotta be smart about it. It shouldn’t be easy to kill cops, mainly because they’re heavily trained adults who are physically fit to do their job, whilst they’re going up against kids with katanas who thinks they’re professional assassins.

The second suggestion was a mistake on the staff behalf, and the third suggestion is because we’re using projectiles whilst you’re using melee weapons.

I don’t see cops realistically walking up to the person they want to tase, standing face to face and then firing. The KPD has been nerfed so much to make gangrp easier for everyone.
We have lost CCTV, pcoms are going soon already, the kill timer has been reduced as well as the manhunt timer. Heavily trained cops with tasers vs kids with knives and like not any training at all shouldn’t be equal, because realistically, it wouldn’t be.

Edit: If you want to disagree with what I said, you can write the reason why :D

Last edited:

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
I’d first like to remind you that cops are government officials, and they are funded by the government to be given extra items such as body cameras.

How many body cams does an officer actually have though? I don't think a cop goes on duty with 20 body cams in his pocket. Plus, if say the body cam was taken off and the cops hands are cut off, does the body cam just magically stick back in place with his body? With all due respect to the KPD, I think you guys say "Come up with creative ways to kill us!" but when someone does that, you guys instantly find a way to void it and get everyone involved banned for FailRP. It just confuses me because some of you guys make certain statements but then contradict yourselves right in the next.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the recent situation, as there were some times where both KPD and GangRP side made some mistakes, and we acknowledge that some mistakes were made; Having said that, I would like to state my opinion on it

+ I don’t see why that rule is made. The officers have two big advantages which are P-Coms and bodycam, P-Coms / the radio pouch can be destroyed, but the bodycam can only be covered. This doesn’t make any sense to me, why?; As a GangRPer you can’t use perms on an officer without being recorded, KPD officers that are online at that moment will come immediately to your location without any hesitation. Normal players don’t have a bodycam or anything like that, they can’t use their phone either because ‘video calling’ isn’t a thing, which makes it basically metagaming for us. A bodycam’s material doesn’t seem to be strong, it is just weird that it can’t be destroyed.

Body-cams themselves were introduced as a way to balance the fact that many CCTV cameras were removed. First off, body-cameras are quite small, and is sometimes hard to spot in an officer. Here's an example of how big they are

Even if they are indestructible, you can still cover these cameras with your body, which would make officers unable tos pot where they last were. Another point that wasn't mentioned is the fact that body-cams can only be checked in the CCTV room, which means that we can't magically go there without having previously checked their body-cam

stabbed a KPD officer in their head and neck about 3-5 times and their body got carried away, they were still holding a taser in their hand even though someone did an action to kick the taser away. After some walking, the body was put down and out of nowhere, the officer started to tase people until other officers showed up. The officer got stabbed 3-5 times, how were they able to use their hands? This isn’t realistic, but staff (YonioTheNacho) said in /OOC that KPD can just use their hands and what they got in their hands even after getting stabbed in their skull, vise versa. If your brain is pierced multiple times, how can you use your hands? This can be seen as a big form of PowerRP, but for some reason it is allowed.

As for this, it is necessary to understand that actions like /me would stab their skull is considered as an insta-kill action, making it either completely voided, or changed to a non-insta-death action. Pulling a trigger does not require much effort and, even if you are stabbed, you can still easily pull the trigger. You can see many body-cams in real life where officers have used firearms even if they were stabbed on their arms/neck.
A solution for this is to simply kick the taser away from the officer's hands, which would be honor in the case of a 4v1 situation. Again, we apologize if such actions were ignored by any officer

As an additional note, the staff team reviewed the situation and made sure that the tased people would not get in any trouble

+ I can understand that you need to approach to do an action, but the body range is 2 blocks which is stated in the rules. If you head over to the BMD weapon profiles, you can see that there are some weapons with the ‘Mid-Range’ additional information, stating that they are 3 block range. For example the ‘Katana’ and ‘Kurikara Katana’, both of them are 3 block range but still, you have to do an action to approach the individual, it doesn’t matter whether it is from the front or from the back. When a KPD officer wants to use their taser or glock, they don’t have to do an action to approach, ‘because the range is . . .’ . KPD officers are allowed to use their glocks from a type of range where you can’t even see the /me anymore and don’t have to approach. If you need to approach with a 50+ cm weapon, running towards them you will most likely stab them already by only approaching them.

I agree that it is not quite realistic for somebody to have to roll to get behind someone when they have a long-ranged weapon. However, I will go back to Kage times in order to explain this. If what you're mentioning gets accepted, you would be able to stab somebody without rolling at all, which would be extremely unfair for some people. There are other ways to ensure that you will win a situation, or at least increase the chances of it, but introducing this would mean that a well-developped character can be easily killed without any kind of rolling. As for the taser/glock, I believe that due to the fact that they're long-ranged weapons, it should be fair for officers not to roll to approach from behind, considering how, in most situations (in which the officer isn't chasing someone down), we'll be facing somebody face-to-face, which does not need a roll to approach. Likewise, in a situation where two gang members fight each other with katanas, they do not have to roll to approach from the front, given that they'll need to roll to strike with their weapon

Before ending this post, I would like to mention that KPD and GangRP are relatively balanced (relatively, because KPD and GangRP aren't really meant to be at the same level due to many reasons). Anyhow, I will mention all the debuffs that KPD has received over the past months
- Removal of around 40% of the CCTV cameras in the whole city
- Police Vests not being a thing
- Riot gear is no longer allowed to be used
- The S.A.T division is no longer a thing within the KPD
- Decrease of the Glock-17 bullets, as well as magazines (only one can be carried at a time, unless there's a raid happening)
- Not being able to use masks on raids unless we have permission from the Head Lieutenant or Commissioner
- Decrease in the limit of officers that the KPD can have (~45 -> ~25)
- Incoming removal of IC Pcomms
- Having to action to shoot with Glock-17's (even when somebody is running away)
- Decrease of the manhunt timer (1 hour -> 45 minutes)
- Decrease of the bleed-out timer (15 minutes -> 10 minutes)

Besides, KPD has to also deal with situations that GangRP does not need to cope with
- If someone is shot, they should be carried to the hospital as soon as possible to be treated
- We hardly ever use Glock-17's to kill
- As I stated before, we cannot use masks to cover our identities during an apartment raid (which sums up to the required warrant we need to have before raiding such apartment)
- Being completely outnumbered by gang organizations (Many gangs have over 30 players in them)
- The GangRP community is the one starting roleplay situations, when committing crimes. They can plan out what they are about to do, while KPD officers are completely unaware of this, meaning that if they find out, they will need to get other officers online (which sums up to the timezone differences)

Having said that, I do not think that CopRP is just GangRP but with guns. Far from it, it's a completely different faction that is not meant to be at the same level as the other ones, which doesn't necessarily mean it is unfair for any party.

Thanks for reading

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
Body-cams themselves were introduced as a way to balance the fact that many CCTV cameras were removed. First off, body-cameras are quite small, and is sometimes hard to spot in an officer. Here's an example of how big they are

Body cams are a bit bigger and more visible than that actually. I did however see a body cam with the size you showed, Yonio, but the majority of the ones I saw one google were this size. I think it's very easy to spot, honestly;

Yume_

Level 86
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
Sorry that this reply doesn't directly respond to the feedback, but
Also, "Come up with creative ways to kill us!" maybe has a 10% chance to succeed because of the P-Coms and bodycams.

I'm not sure why gangrpers are still aiming at killing cops, I think they're barking up the completely wrong tree in a sense? Killing a cop doesn't benefit you in any ways and most of the time it gives you a loss in the end. At the end of the day, maybe it'd just be better for gangrp to focus on tension building and other crime besides killing.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
I'm not sure why gangrpers are still aiming at killing cops, I think they're barking up the completely wrong tree in a sense? Killing a cop doesn't benefit you in any ways and most of the time it gives you a loss in the end. At the end of the day, maybe it'd just be better for gangrp to focus on tension building and other crime besides killing.

GangRPers are a bit limited to what they can do. Hence why they usually reserve to killing cops. I think the only thing I've seen done in GangRP that was something besides killing a cop was when a cop was kidnapped at the tunnel in exchange for money which happened as a mini-event. Another thing, breaking out your friends from jail is not actually a possible thing in SRP. It happened once and it was an event. Both the events I mentioned in this reply were set up by staff or very very trusted players (i.e. Pros before he became staff) so they were obviously approved and not many normal players were allowed to participate or take part in them obviously but I extremely rarely see something like this approved for any other GangRPer. Hence why, as I said before, they're very limited to what they can do.

Yume_

Level 86
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
I can understand that losing a well-developed character can be hard and that it shouldn't be easy, but if you join the world of CopRP / GangRP, I think you should get used to it and expect your character to die some day.

I agree with expecting it, a little less so with getting used to it per say. I seriously think gangrp should move away from things like character killings, as they hardly benefit anyone involved. . . Plus making characters takes a lot of effort if you're rEALLY into roleplay like i am

May I ask what you see as 'other crime' besides killing? There isn't a lot to do in GangRP out of killing or using MajorAPS on other players. You need perms for everything and GangRP is built out of 'WHAT PERMS?' in /looc these days. The only thing I can think of is planning something with a shop owner of something like that.

okay lets begin, some of these crimes you may have to contact staff or know certain player parties to get to work:
rather than using perms, we'll go off of a player permission basis. The current assets on the server that can help you out are pretty limited, but there's Touko/sou-line, and whatever you can squander up in-person roleplaying. All of this I'm writing at 6am so excuse it for being not very good. Not all of the things below are a crime, but they're still ideas for a gang that doesn't depend on murderizing people for poor reasoning.

-You can rob a store
-Mysterious graffiti has shown up all over Karakura, it poses no direct threat but it's something
-Delinquent group blocking the hallway and being generally annoying, not exactly a crime but it WOULD make you a villain
-Constantly punching people/getting into fights (this one you have to know how to start good tension, and get a fight out of it WITHOUT making the other party think you're gonna kill them!!! No one wants to roleplay with someone who's gonna rip their character to shreds and make them start over)
-make an ARG
-contraband market
-protection brackets don't work very well on SRP, so you can't quite pull those off
-STREET RACING
-gambling ring

I personally think having a gang who just fist fights a lot of people would be neat, if you watch yourself carefully you can't even get arrested for it. But it just takes thinking outside the box to get out of the "killzone"

Yume_

Level 86
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
I don't like the 'poor reasoning' statement, because 'murdurizing' is the only thing that is actual crime in SRP without planning things OOC. There are roleplayers that are into murdurizing, like my old character that is in jail sadly. I acted out of all perms I had and it was really fun, that is the kind of roleplay I am into. As Jeemay mentioned above, you can't break out of jail or anything like that without being a good friend of staff. What I am trying to say is that you don't have a lot to do out of murdering other people or acting out of perms in general.

My opinions on your ideas:
-You can rob a store; You'll have to plan a lot with staff and shop owners, the planning will take longer than the situation which doesn't give any motivation if you ask me. Personally, I like situations to go in a normal tempo and flawless without planning, I like to improvise.

-Mysterious graffiti has shown up all over Karakura, it poses no direct threat but it's something; Sounds cool, but what will the graffiti do? People don't check the sprayings a lot, most likely only the GangRPers on SRP. If people don't check, GangRPers will only spray their gang name to claim a turn at the BM. I personally don't see the point of spraying random things.

-Delinquent group blocking the hallway and being generally annoying, not exactly a crime but it WOULD make you a villain; This one sounds fun, but I think that it would only be fun for once. Don't have anything else to say about this one.

-Constantly punching people/getting into fights; This is basically what GangRPers do on schoolgrounds, people will start to call you 'Perms baiter' and things like that. Players are crazy over CombatRP and GangRP in general, they ask 'HOW DID YOU GET MINORAPS?' now a days, I don't like to be called a perm baiter for no reason. Even though, it can be fun, I had a 2 versus 7 fist fight some days ago, it was really fun.

-Contraband market; This is a 'meh', it can be hard to find people that want to buy alcohol or medication. Weapons sell way faster, so do masks. Have to say that this one can be really fun if it ends up with scamming the other player, there is a risk of losing the items and the money you got, love that.

Thank you for your reply!
to be honest i just wanted to list ideas that weren't murder, most of those ideas you have to make meaning out of like the graffiti, im not giving away my own gang ideas here!!! bahahahaha! but seriously, character death and killing cops is overrated

as for the constantly punching one, thats why you have to know how to make tension without giving someone the wrong vibes, i know ive started plenty of fights on campus w/ a mute character like a couple months ago

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
I would go on and give more opinions but I know this suggestion will get thrown into reviewed without any change or even consideration to the suggestion like all the previous suggestions so there's really no point anymore. It was fun to hear everyone's opinion though

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the recent situation, as there were some times where both KPD and GangRP side made some mistakes, and we acknowledge that some mistakes were made; Having said that, I would like to state my opinion on it

Even if they are indestructible, you can still cover these cameras with your body, which would make officers unable tos pot where they last were. Another point that wasn't mentioned is the fact that body-cams can only be checked in the CCTV room, which means that we can't magically go there without having previously checked their body-cam

As for this, it is necessary to understand that actions like /me would stab their skull is considered as an insta-kill action, making it either completely voided, or changed to a non-insta-death action. Pulling a trigger does not require much effort and, even if you are stabbed, you can still easily pull the trigger. You can see many body-cams in real life where officers have used firearms even if they were stabbed on their arms/neck.
A solution for this is to simply kick the taser away from the officer's hands, which would be honor in the case of a 4v1 situation. Again, we apologize if such actions were ignored by any officer

As an additional note, the staff team reviewed the situation and made sure that the tased people would not get in any trouble

I agree that it is not quite realistic for somebody to have to roll to get behind someone when they have a long-ranged weapon. However, I will go back to Kage times in order to explain this. If what you're mentioning gets accepted, you would be able to stab somebody without rolling at all, which would be extremely unfair for some people. There are other ways to ensure that you will win a situation, or at least increase the chances of it, but introducing this would mean that a well-developped character can be easily killed without any kind of rolling. As for the taser/glock, I believe that due to the fact that they're long-ranged weapons, it should be fair for officers not to roll to approach from behind, considering how, in most situations (in which the officer isn't chasing someone down), we'll be facing somebody face-to-face, which does not need a roll to approach. Likewise, in a situation where two gang members fight each other with katanas, they do not have to roll to approach from the front, given that they'll need to roll to strike with their weapon

Before ending this post, I would like to mention that KPD and GangRP are relatively balanced (relatively, because KPD and GangRP aren't really meant to be at the same level due to many reasons). Anyhow, I will mention all the debuffs that KPD has received over the past months
- Removal of around 40% of the CCTV cameras in the whole city
- Police Vests not being a thing
- Riot gear is no longer allowed to be used
- The S.A.T division is no longer a thing within the KPD
- Decrease of the Glock-17 bullets, as well as magazines (only one can be carried at a time, unless there's a raid happening)
- Not being able to use masks on raids unless we have permission from the Head Lieutenant or Commissioner
- Decrease in the limit of officers that the KPD can have (~45 -> ~25)
- Incoming removal of IC Pcomms
- Having to action to shoot with Glock-17's (even when somebody is running away)
- Decrease of the manhunt timer (1 hour -> 45 minutes)
- Decrease of the bleed-out timer (15 minutes -> 10 minutes)

Besides, KPD has to also deal with situations that GangRP does not need to cope with
- If someone is shot, they should be carried to the hospital as soon as possible to be treated
- We hardly ever use Glock-17's to kill
- As I stated before, we cannot use masks to cover our identities during an apartment raid (which sums up to the required warrant we need to have before raiding such apartment)
- Being completely outnumbered by gang organizations (Many gangs have over 30 players in them)
- The GangRP community is the one starting roleplay situations, when committing crimes. They can plan out what they are about to do, while KPD officers are completely unaware of this, meaning that if they find out, they will need to get other officers online (which sums up to the timezone differences)

Having said that, I do not think that CopRP is just GangRP but with guns. Far from it, it's a completely different faction that is not meant to be at the same level as the other ones, which doesn't necessarily mean it is unfair for any party.

Thanks for reading
So well said yonio. This is very insipring and helpful as someone who wants to be in the KPD someday. I think I may make some major adjustments to my application seeing as I now know even more information thanks to you and your advice. Your thread was really well said and if possible I would like to learn more that you are legally allowed to tell. If you do so accept, DM me @ LK GamingYT#1436

Laur

Level 39
All these long replies are hurting my head. At the end of the day, KPD has been nerfed quite a lot as Yonio said. GangRP hasn’t been nerfed recently from what I think/remember and has been constantly buffed.

I understand that it balances out KPD and GangRP, but we’ve sacrificed a lot to balance out GangRP for you guys. With the help of OOC planning I’m sure we can create a fun for everyone, and not die to a /me stabs carotid.

I’d really like to see more arrests involving cars or just unique ones. Not all events regarding gangrp even have to involve killing anyone or police officers. Please someone make a gang of animals or something, for the love of god, anything new would be fun.

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
+1 imma have to agree with this a bit cause legit when your on a manhunt and like cops find you legit i dont see any actions having to approach they just striaght up cuff you or like taze you if that the cause shouldnt people with nagis do that since it can kill out of range so we can not approach and just walk around killing the way i see it KPD is doing the same in manhunts never have i seen a /me approach if thats the case why do people with nagis have to approach and i asked minobu about this and he said you still have to approch to kill with nagi even tho its far range (4 blocks) if thats the cause make it so cops have to approach to use tazers or in general approach before they cuff or something. And in all honesty i rather there be the same amount of CCTV before most got removed then Cops having bodycams and PCOMS imo id take the CCTV back instead of PCOMS and bodycoms i didnt even know bodycoms was a thing in all honesty removing most CCTV wasnt a nerf to KPD instead it was a buff due to PCOMS and bodycoms

Attachments

• approach.PNG
    approach.PNG
    99.5 KB · Views: 15

Laur

Level 39
+1 imma have to agree with this a bit cause legit when your on a manhunt and like cops find you legit i dont see any actions having to approach they just striaght up cuff you or like taze you if that the cause shouldnt people with nagis do that since it can kill out of range so we can not approach and just walk around killing the way i see it KPD is doing the same in manhunts never have i seen a /me approach if thats the case why do people with nagis have to approach and i asked minobu about this and he said you still have to approch to kill with nagi even tho its far range (4 blocks) if thats the cause make it so cops have to approach to use tazers or in general approach before they cuff or something. And in all honesty i rather there be the same amount of CCTV before most got removed then Cops having bodycams and PCOMS imo id take the CCTV back instead of PCOMS and bodycoms i didnt even know bodycoms was a thing in all honesty removing most CCTV wasnt a nerf to KPD instead it was a buff due to PCOMS and bodycoms

GangRP confuses me, hence why I do not gangrp.

Laur

Level 39
Hey, thank you for your reply.

I know that KPD got nerfed a lot, but these things don’t make any sense to me and it’s not realistic. I think that if these rules stay, people will have to do ‘/me stabs carotid’ to survive. The KPD bodycam is nonsense and to have a chance of survival, you’ll have to do short boring actions like that. I also think that the profile of the bodycam kills motivation to gangrp because it’s almost impossible to not get arrested.

Feel free to reply if you think that I am wrong.

All I gotta say is cover the body cam and RUN. Usually officers don’t go to a situation regarding weapons or an attempted murder of an officer without at least one more officer which buys you sometime.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
Your statement some I particularly agree with.
- I agree you should have to approach before cuffing or anything that normally would be in a 2 block range. That’s what they should do to fix that issue.
- I disagree with the body cams statement. As a body cam only picks up the officers prospective, and must be reviewed at the station as @Yonio Of Ariandel mentioned previously. Without CCTV camera they cannot actively presume a report on a criminal investigation do to lack of evidence icly. This makes it harder for a GangRPers to get caught by police doing illegal crime.

Laur

Level 39
To cover the body camera and run, that is two actions, which takes 3 turns because of the 'turn based' rule. You'll have to win 3 rolls, you can roll out of 150 and the officer can roll out of 200, so you'll have to be really lucky, there isn't many % to survive it at all.

Also, KPD officers have P-Coms, there is a really big chance that other KPD officers will hop online and assist their colleagues, which makes it harder. They will just go to the location of the body camera, because it's their IC job to do that. I think that if the body camera profile will get changed to 'Allowed to be destroyed' gives GangRPers a higher chance to actually escape. Thank you for your reply.

Yeah, I feel like that would lead to TOO much chaos. Yes, cops can get killed, but police officers would be getting kidnapped and killed left and right, causing the server to be unbalanced and etc.

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
Hey, here is the Body Camera profile:

Body Camera - A constant recording and live streaming camera is attached to the front of an officer's uniform that is stored and accessed from a cloud database. The camera is not able to be moved or destroyed but can be covered from the outside. The camera has the same properties as a CCTV and can view anything in distance of a player (30 blocks).

As you can see in the profile, it is stored and accessed from a cloud database, so it automatically saved what happened before destroying it (If you were able to destroy it). The KPD is also allowed to recognize you by outfits, after doing any crime, you aren't allowed to change your outfit for 45 minutes, meaning they have enough time to find you. The reason why I personally want the body camera profile to be changed to 'Allowed to be destroyed' is because you'll have more time to run away / dip from the crime you have committed. KPD officers can reach to each other by using P-Coms and body camera's, which both are great advantages for them, the removal of body camera's would fix the 'caught within 1 minute' problem. So I disagree on your statement about the body camera's.

Feel free to reply.
That is not at all what I said. I said that you still have to review it in a certain spot just like how to yonio mentioned it. You can block it yes, but I also said that it’s only shown from a cops prospective. A CCTV camera is already their watching all times whilst a police body camera goes with the officer. Meaning of a officer wasn’t their then their is no Intel while a CCTV camera would have been watching the entire time. This makes reports harder. You do got a point when saying with P-Coms and body cameras but the fact they still need to be at a CCTV room to check body cameras and ain’t watching you without the cop being their. I do agree it’s unbalanced but it isn’t meant to be balanced as police officers are trained professionals funded by the government to protect the city, whilst the gangrpers are kids and sometimes adults who aren’t professional at all with melee weapons. They are doing stuff to make GangRP better without it being unrealistic but being complete balanced isn’t gonna happened. Either way as previously mentioned I agree with parts of this thread. Make sure you refer to Yonios reply he did for more information!

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
guys, the police are people who've spent around 8 years of their life to study/train to be where they are right now. it'd be pretty pathetic if they were given equipment in which a random thug with little to zero amount of training that the police had, just manages to get the upper-hand. realistically speaking, this would make very little sense. i understand you want to revive gangrp but killing cops won't get you very far, there's more to one aspect of it. if no one decides to explore more of it, don't be surprised if gangrp shows up on your front lawn- dead and beaten to the core.

Yume_

Level 86
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
Something else, being able to destroy a body camera really isn't helpful. It's not like the footage gets deleted, and the second an officer's body cam stops responding you know something's up.. . So you'd reel back the footage to go check where they were last. Then you'd see the gangrperes breaking the camera. It's just kinda redundant. It doesn't help you as much as you might think it does

Users who are viewing this thread