GangRP | Newcomers

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
IGN: Subject_725 (Uncapitable)

DATE: 8/9/2020 (21:15 EUR/UTC)

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: What I would like to suggest, is that every new comer who is new to the SchoolRP server, is not allowed to be GangRPed on.

I was just reading the rules, as always, and I saw that players from the 7 - 10th grade are not allowed to GangRP, now this is something I totally agree with, but it doesn’t say that you are not allowed to GangRP on them when they give you KPS by accident.

Lately, I see a lot of new-players, who don’t know how this server works, get gangrped a lot.
They accidentally give out KPS to someone by either saying that they will kill you, or just a reason that gives you KPS, and I just really, really feel bad people killing new-comers who recently joined SRP, and who doesn’t know how this system works.

It would be better if you are ONLY allowed to GangRP on people who are atleast Grade-10.

Let the new-comers at least have a chance to get some knowledge on how this system works, what they should look out for, and when someone has the permissions to either kill, or do something else to the new comer.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people will disagree with this suggestion, but see it from my view;

when new comers accidentally give you KPS, without them knowing, wouldn’t that be unfair?

I understand that they could just read the rules to get some advantage on how this works, it’s really easy to just do /rules and read the rules, but almost every new player who joins the server, is not reading the rules. Now that’s atleast what I see everyday when someone new joined the SchoolRP server.

So in-short: please, if possible of course, make a rule where you are only allowed to kill new comers who are at least Grade-10. Thanks a lot, and stay safe everyone who is seeing this right now! <3

EDIT: To make it more fair, it would be better if you could have assault permissions on a new comer instead of KPS. This is something I’ve just thought about to make it more fair.

Last edited:

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
I agree to an extent if you are going to have them make a rule in which 7-9 cannot be GangRP'd, though 10 can, then at least allow Grade-10 to participate in GangRP. You mentioned that 7-10 are not allowed to gangrp, therefore if they do add this then I suggest adding "Grade 10's should be able to gangrp." That way Grade-10's can defend and aren't just getting killed.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
Yeah, that’s exactly what I mentioned, 7 - 10th grade, which means that you are allowed to GangRP if your atleast Grade-10

Leoniide

Level 14
As much as I agree with this, being a gangrper myself, I also disagree. The tutorial is there for a reason, to teach new players the rules and how to roleplay. Most of them literally just skip it or don't even bother to read it and just rush through to the end. The problem you mentioned could easily be solved if new players would actually read the rules, instead of attempting to jump right into roleplay.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
As much as I agree with this, being a gangrper myself, I also disagree. The tutorial is there for a reason, to teach new players the rules and how to roleplay. Most of them literally just skip it or don't even bother to read it and just rush through to the end. The problem you mentioned could easily be solved if new players would actually read the rules, instead of attempting to jump right into roleplay.
Exactly! It could easily be solved if they just went through the whole tutorial, and read all of /rules. But unfortunately they don’t, that’s why I suggested this rule.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Even players who do read and understand the rules first time around still have the chance of being targeted by those gangrpers who are not courteous to newcomers, if players are making the judgement call to go around killing new players (simply because they cannot do much about it) then the rule @ImRaicyy is suggesting should be implemented, as you can't trust everyone to be nice to newcomers without it being a rule.

Leoniide

Level 14
Even players who do read and understand the rules first time around still have the chance of being targeted by those gangrpers who are not courteous to newcomers, if players are making the judgement call to go around killing new players (simply because they cannot do much about it) then the rule @ImRaicyy is suggesting should be implemented, as you can't trust everyone to be nice to newcomers without it being a rule.
Yeah, which is why I also agree with it, as mentioned in my first post.

NukaRndz

Level 53
I think if you do there, there is a lot more than just that simple rule that will go into it, because to be honest if you put this into place, there would be plenty of new players, or people who aren't new but with green tags, standing in the way of a "wrong place wrong time" situation and just being a whole ass human shield that gets in the way of a situation. Now, because of that, you have to think about adding rules into place saying they aren't even allowed to be involved if it's on accident, which I also think would be a kind've unnessicarly over-excessive rule to put into place.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
I think if you do there, there is a lot more than just that simple rule that will go into it, because to be honest if you put this into place, there would be plenty of new players, or people who aren't new but with green tags, standing in the way of a "wrong place wrong time" situation and just being a whole ass human shield that gets in the way of a situation. Now, because of that, you have to think about adding rules into place saying they aren't even allowed to be involved if it's on accident, which I also think would be a kind've unnessicarly over-excessive rule to put into place.
I mean- you do realize that if people change they’re roles to Grade 7 - 9, that they have not a lot of permissions to do things. Who would change they’re roles permanently just to not get killed in GangRP, it’s not worth it.

And also, it is kind of obvious who changed they’re roles, and who didn’t.

You can clearly see who changed his/her roles by example her rank, or if your roleplaying with him/her but the person your roleplaying with does not understand all things, that’s how you can see who is a new player and who isn’t.

But I do give you right, this is something I honestly did not think about, thank you for adding this! :)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I mean- you do realize that if people change they’re roles to Grade 7 - 9, that they have not a lot of permissions to do things. Who would change they’re roles permanently just to not get killed in GangRP, it’s not worth it.

And also, it is kind of obvious who changed they’re roles, and who didn’t.

You can clearly see who changed his/her roles by example her rank, or if your roleplaying with him/her but the person your roleplaying with does not understand all things, that’s how you can see who is a new player and who isn’t.

But I do give you right, this is something I honestly did not think about, thank you for adding this! :)
Yeah literally anyone with a sophisicated bio or a schoolrp shaded skin is not new, it isnt nessisarly hard to tell

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
I'm sure if newcomers can't be Gangrped on it would kind of be abusable. Meaning, they can just call the police on anyone and they can do virtually nothing against it, making the game not just more unrealistic but unfair. And of course, people "accidentally" giving away KPS is their fault for not appreciating the rules.
This is something I have thought about. I was thinking that Grade 7 - Grade 9 are NOT allowed to call the police in these types of situations, they will not be able to call the police, for as example: trauma, fear, and etc.

NukaRndz

Level 53

I know people on the server who have changed their role to be younger just so they couldn't get killed. Not only that, but even if its clear on who's new and who's not, you cannot necessarily prevent accidental situations when gangrp happens anywhere and anyone could accidentally stumble into it. It would be unfair in a sense if new player / people who chose to have green tags got to just walk away, while anyone with a red tag who accidentally stumbles into it now gets assaulted. In my opinion, assault on new players if they do something should be allowed, but there should be something written about KPS thus preventing new players from loosing their characters due to something they did not know would happen.

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
I fully agree with this suggestion, majority of the players here hardly even consider the fact that new players are new. They have almost zero recollection on how the server works, and when I first started, I did read over all the rule mainly because of the fear that people would find me annoying if I don't read it over. Even when I did so, I learnt more rules as I went on. No matter how much they read the tutorial, they'll only really learn how to play on the server through experience. What's so difficult in waiting for them to graduate to Grade-10 before you start getting rid of their characters?It really isn't that hard, heck some of them don't even know that you can make a new character afterwards and some might just decide to quit the server because of this very reason. Let's be honest, hardly any gangrpers would be lenient enough to spare a new player for a kps rule they were not aware of. This rule is something that I'd actually like implanted, it isn't that hard to avoid killing a new player.

suneater

Level 90
New players are exactly how it's stated, new. They don't quite understand how the server works, and even if they did end up reading the rules, it's very possible they wouldn't fully understand it. The combat rules are still confusing at time for older players even, so you can't really expect the newer players to pick up on them immediately. Implementing a rule as to where they can't kill said newer players would help a lot.

Just touching on some things that have been said before;

- Older players having their age lowered. No, this rule wouldn't apply to them if implemented. As Sam said a bit higher up, it's very easy to distinguish between an older & newer players simply with things like skin & how they roleplay. Since the rule would be set in place just for new players who are just starting out, it has nothing to do with people who purposefully lower their age.

- The newer player getting in the way. The rule that you suggested is for no killing, meaning you can still assault the player for getting in the way. Plus, if they're blatantly interrupting something like that, just do /help. It's considered under minge(?) to purposefully ruin RP.

- Calling the police. This shouldn't even really be all that much of an issue, though it would need something implemented in case it were to happen. Newer players have a hard time even getting the 10k for a phone (think it's a bit easier now to get that much, but just from what I've seen), and even when they do earn the money they still need to be on for a shop opening. But say they did obtain a phone during their grade-7-9 time on the server, they would just have to implement a smaller rule on them not being able to interfere in situations like these. (Something like this was said a bit higher up too)

Pretty much, imo it's a good thing to be implemented. As I said before, new players who do read the rules might not understand it the first time around, so something like this would help them when first starting out. A grace-period in a sense.

tl;dr Good rule, would have to have some minor things changed to the rules for it to happen, but it would help the new players. fuck players who lower their age.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
New players are exactly how it's stated, new. They don't quite understand how the server works, and even if they did end up reading the rules, it's very possible they wouldn't fully understand it. The combat rules are still confusing at time for older players even, so you can't really expect the newer players to pick up on them immediately. Implementing a rule as to where they can't kill said newer players would help a lot.

Just touching on some things that have been said before;

- Older players having their age lowered. No, this rule wouldn't apply to them if implemented. As Sam said a bit higher up, it's very easy to distinguish between an older & newer players simply with things like skin & how they roleplay. Since the rule would be set in place just for new players who are just starting out, it has nothing to do with people who purposefully lower their age.

- The newer player getting in the way. The rule that you suggested is for no killing, meaning you can still assault the player for getting in the way. Plus, if they're blatantly interrupting something like that, just do /help. It's considered under minge(?) to purposefully ruin RP.

- Calling the police. This shouldn't even really be all that much of an issue, though it would need something implemented in case it were to happen. Newer players have a hard time even getting the 10k for a phone (think it's a bit easier now to get that much, but just from what I've seen), and even when they do earn the money they still need to be on for a shop opening. But say they did obtain a phone during their grade-7-9 time on the server, they would just have to implement a smaller rule on them not being able to interfere in situations like these. (Something like this was said a bit higher up too)

Pretty much, imo it's a good thing to be implemented. As I said before, new players who do read the rules might not understand it the first time around, so something like this would help them when first starting out. A grace-period in a sense.

tl;dr Good rule, would have to have some minor things changed to the rules for it to happen, but it would help the new players. fuck players who lower their age.
I agree with everything here 100% except for the final 6 words. i change my ic age, so have you.

suneater

Level 90
pfft gangrp???? make gangrp only for adults ezzz
Would say this is a good idea.. but considering it from the perspective of someone going into gangrp (and no, I am not someone going into gangrp); When you want to first start gangrping you have to start somewhere, and usually that's roughly going to be when you're grade-11/12. If it were implemented to where only adults could gangrp, gangrp itself would completely die out. To become an adult you have to have some sort of job on the server.. whether it's something like EMS, or just a simple school employee, but regardless of job most of them don't let you partake in anything illegal while you still have the role. So you want to gangrp? Cool. You apply for something like, say, college professor. You become an adult, but you can't gangrp yet. You can't exactly leave your job either if you want to stay an adult, due to the 2(?) month thing to become just a regular adult when leaving.

tl;dr again, cool idea. but haha wouldn't work out. gangrp gone

macgabriyel

Level 9
Would say this is a good idea.. but considering it from the perspective of someone going into gangrp (and no, I am not someone going into gangrp); When you want to first start gangrping you have to start somewhere, and usually that's roughly going to be when you're grade-11/12. If it were implemented to where only adults could gangrp, gangrp itself would completely die out. To become an adult you have to have some sort of job on the server.. whether it's something like EMS, or just a simple school employee, but regardless of job most of them don't let you partake in anything illegal while you still have the role. So you want to gangrp? Cool. You apply for something like, say, college professor. You become an adult, but you can't gangrp yet. You can't exactly leave your job either if you want to stay an adult, due to the 2(?) month thing to become just a regular adult when leaving.

tl;dr again, cool idea. but haha wouldn't work out. gangrp gone
students can easily gangrp just by hand combat not wield katanas like some next level reincarnation of a warfreak samurai

Users who are viewing this thread