players online

Accepted Geography Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiriston

Level 21
IGN (In Game Name): Vulcxn
Previous bans: None

Describe your activity on the server: I used to be very active but now I'm less active due to family reasons. I'll try to be as active as possible from now on.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes

Do you have a microphone? Yes

List your current and past applications: Teacher (forgot what teacher it was) - denied for inactivity. School council auditor - accepted. Adult - Could've been accepted but I didn't want it to be.

What is your motivation for applying?: I feel that I can do more than be in an audit for the student council. I want to help students learn more about the world and YHS. If I could teach others new things, that would be a great opportunity for me. In school I've done geography for about 7 years. I know a lot about geography and I'd love to teach those who don't know about it.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): I haven't had any previous experience as an actual teacher, but I've been a teacher's assistant in mainly algebra. Sometimes in other subjects but mostly algebra. I enjoyed helping my teacher as much as I could. I was always the teacher's pet though. It really ticked people off :D. Anyway, I helped him assign an assignment to the class once. I also mostly helped him hand out the items required for class unless you were supposed to bring them yourself. I'm also a part of the student council. I try my best to help other players out as much as I can. If I can't, I try to instruct them to an admin/staff member.

Your Teachers In Game Name (Make it relevent to your Minecraft Name): Mr. Vulcan
Your Teachers In Game Age: 28
Teachers Subject: Geography (Specializes in environmental geography)

Have you read & understood the megathread? Yes, very thoroughly

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I don't believe there should be any changes. If I had to change something, I would make it so that teachers only have a specific number of days they could take off.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knolledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general. A teacher's purpose is to teach the students in a method where they could use that method when they're older and they have a job and a family. Teachers are there to help you. They will always try their best to make sure you're doing you're best and you succeed as much as you possibly can. They try to do everything they can to ensure that the students are happy and doing well in school. In the USA a teacher's salary is around 50,000usd monthly. Most teachers in their spare time, either grade tests or grade homework. Sometimes they're also planning on what their next lesson is going to be about.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Teachers are important because they are teaching the students things that are needed for life. If you didn't have an English teacher, who would teach you you're grammar? You would be Typing Like This and you wouldn't know the difference between you're and your. Lots of people dislike school and wish it was just a big hangout. If we didn't have teachers to teach students, it would be VERY difficult for you to receive a job. Teachers will always be there for us if we need help. Teachers are the reasons why people have jobs.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? My player has dark brown hair, it almost looks black. He has some acne but not a lot. He has blue eyes which almost look grey, but wishes they were brown or green. He loves his bow tie which he wears everyday.

Vulcan is kind of a nerd. He is really obsessed with school work ever since he moved to Japan. He loves his job as a teacher and he couldn't love it anymore. He tries to hide his nerdiness, but it really doesn't work. He gets tired very easily, it's almost criminal. He's up late at night grading homework and tests. He's also planning things to do for the rest of the week. He loves the students. He looks at them like they're his children. Sometimes they can get on his nerves and tick him off. When he freaks out, he tries to calm down and keep it in, but sometimes that doesn't work. He loves all of the other teachers too. He doesn't think of them as family but it's pretty close to that. Although he hasn't met all of the teachers, he tries to be as friendly as possible.

He's always trying to be clean and organized. His house is always clean. Sometimes he lets that go, but a few days later, the whole house is clean again. He's also very alert. But at the same time, he's always tired. Vulcan wants to become an artist. His mother was an artist, which inspired him. If he can't become and artist he will try to get an office job.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I walk up to them and tell them "Why are you swearing? You're better than that. Please be more mature, this is your warning"

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I stand and wait until the class starts to become quiet. If they don't after 10 seconds, I yell "HEY" at a good volume to where it doesn't disrupt the other classes.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? In the teacher's lounge, he would try to be calm, but is kind of worried. He is always chewing on his pencil eraser. He never knows what's going to happen next, which is what worries him. He's calm in the outside but in the inside he's always worried around other teachers. It kind of makes it awkward for him.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me
Gets up from desk and walks up to board, yawning
/me Facepalms as no student knows the answer for the question
/me Walks around classroom making sure that no one is cheating on the test
/me Picks up the globe and shows the class where a specific location is
/me Sits down at desk, wiping the chalk of shirt

BACKSTORY

/* Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended. Make sure this is over 300 words.*/
  • Vulcan was born on September 16th 1988 in England. He had only few friends that he spent time with. Vulcan moved to the USA with his family when he was eight. The family moved into a very large house. A few months after Vulcan's family moved into their house, they decided to go on a family vacation. Vulcan was prohibited to go on the vacation due to being grounded. He stayed with his aunt while the family was on vacation. At this time, it was July 29th and Vulcan would be starting school soon. Little did he know, his family wouldn't be back to take him to school. A week before school started for Vulcan, his aunt heard about the news of their deaths in a plane crash. She refused to tell him right away, so she waited until the night before school started. When she told him that night, he was shocked. Vulcan thought it was a horrific nightmare that he was dreaming but it was only reality. Two weeks after school started for Vulcan, he had to participate in his family's funeral. He didn't want to go, but deep inside he knew it was the right thing so he quit fighting. He will never forget August 14th as a day of nightmares, horrible nightmares. Vulcan resumed school two days after the funeral. Vulcan made a new best friend in school, Dan. Dan was also from England. He came to america when he was 6 years old. It was September 12th and it was almost Vulcan's birthday. When it was his birthday, he was thinking about his family the whole time. He couldn't stop thinking about his mom, dad, two sisters, and brother. Vulcan's aunt tried her best to make it an amazing birthday for Vulcan. He was 9 now. He celebrated his birthday with Dan and a few other friends. Dan was always there for Vulcan, right by his side. After Vulcan's birthday, he noticed something. It was that Dan had been the greatest friend he'd ever had. From then on they were best friends, all through elementary school, middle school and some of highschool. It was March 10th, 2004. Dan and Vulcan were 16 at a party late at night. Vulcan decided to go home early, while Dan stayed at the party really late. The party ended 2:00 am, but Dan was still out after the party had ended. Three days after the party, there was a report of someone who robbed a bank and the robber goes to the same school as Dan and Vulcan. After everyone in the school heard about the news, Dan started acting very weird. Vulcan got a tad suspicious of Dan. He thought that Dan could never rob a bank, he's nice and too good to rob a bank. A few days later, Dan admitted to Vulcan that he was the one who robbed the bank. Vulcan dismissed Dan and refused to talk to him. He knew he should tell the police but Vulcan didn't want Dan to go to jail. Vulcan told his aunt about what Dan did, and of course, she told the police. Dan was arrested and sentenced to jail for 5 years. Vulcan was devested. Another person out of his life again. Five years later Dan was released from prison. Dan was very rude, completely different from what Vulcan remembered. He didn't want to talk to Dan after what he had done. Vulcan decided to travel around some of the world. He went to different parts of Spain, Australia, South America, Korea, and finally Japan. He fell in love with Japan. Vulcan decided to permanently live in Japan. It took Vulcan 5 years to travel around the world. Currently, Vulcan is living in Japan with his girlfriend and is 28. His aunt and Dan are still in the USA.

Additional notes about your application (if any):
I will try to be more active than I am now once I submit this application. My schedule will probably be 1-11 PM central.

Last edited:

Ducks

Level 124
Owner
Duckings
Duckings
Accepted
Please read all the forums and the roster, make sure you do 5 classes per week etc, I'll discuss it more with you when I talk to you, and make sure to speak to the other teachers for information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread