mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted ggghh's Event Team Application

funerals_

Level 21
IGN: ggghh (also known as chase/steph)

Explain your activity on the Server:
With school starting, I am active on SchoolRP from 5PM - 10PM MST every week day. On weekends, I am online off and on from 10AM - 10PM. Of course, IRL events will take place such as races for my cross country team, school events, family dinners, etc. However, these things won't affect my activity on the server, for they're astronomically rare, trust me. On the server, I'm customarily on my main account, zteph, which is my volleyball account. I'm additionally on my EMS account (which was haplessly "hacked" by banned players, so I'm working on getting a new account), usually when school is not taking place IC.

What previous experience do you have working in a team?:
I have an abundance of experience on being on a team, in my own way. Starting with IRL examples, I am currently on my highschool's cross country team. We have practices every week day from 3:30PM to 4:45PM. Despite it only being cross country, the quantity of teamwork and good sportsmanship required to keep your team is voraciously outstanding. When training for races against other high schools, helping each other stay incentivized and confident is crucial to getting better. Responsibility is a crucial key factor to being on a team, such as exhibiting up on practice on time and staying on task to avail yourself to physically improve. When it comes to SchoolRP, I was allegiant to the College Cheer Team for a few months. However, the lack of events and roleplay opportunities enheartened me to conclusively quit. About a month later, the announcement for the Bobcats Female Volleyball Team took place, and knowing my friends were on the team, I spent hours day after day practicing the volleyball plug-in (I assure you many people can attest this factor, I was always at the beach for an entire week afore tryouts). When tryouts took place, I did my best and endeavored my hardest, and all of the practice that I did paid off, ascertaining my spot on the team. Ever since, practicing with Team B and attending practices and staying connected has been something every easy for me to do, I'm not quite sure how long it's been since I've been on the team, but my commitment or devotion have not wavered since then. Regarding EMS, I applied last December (2019), and was accepted. Since then I've been on the EMS team (despite quitting for a few weeks for personal and IRL issues, however I was let back in without question), and my delectation and commitment for MedicalRP and working with the fellow players who have been there as long as I have, if not longer, have kept me motivated. When it comes to RPH in a general term, I have never been on a community team of any sort. However, I find myself easy to work with, and a very "go with the flow" type of person, and I'm sure you will additionally.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
In all veracity, I don't find myself any different than the other applicants. Others may endeavor to convince you by saying they're different, perhaps mentioning their positive attitude or their earnest devotion in a team, but all of those things are a factor I'm sure all applicants acquire in their own way. However, I know that once you get acquainted with me if you aren't already, you'll learn expeditiously that I myself am a quick learner, a flexible cooperator, and an ingenious cogitator. Discussing ideas with others is something I relish, especially when we share a common interest. Even if a conception of mine were to be put down, I would have absolutely no problem in understanding why, and continue to help make-up alternatives, or even a fresh idea. The delectation of SchoolRP players and motivation to authenticate on everyday is my main concern, and I want to keep SchoolRP a frolicsome and fascinating server to roleplay on, which where I personally think events can take a huge part in.

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team:

#1:
Open Mic Night

While open mic nights are a very common, exciting and community intriguing events that take place around the world, I thought it'd be appropriate if a spooky twist took place in honor of it being October.

PREPARATIONS:
Mild building will take place. The event could take place in the Karakura forest, with a small stage and a microphone, accompanied by a few speakers. However, around the map could have a few "scary" builds, such as blood splotches, a dead body hanging from a tree (or, to keep it more PG - perhaps simply a dead animal on the ground), and a display of weapons near the area. All of these things can be demonstrated with signs.

HOW IT WILL WORK (IN SUMMARY):
While a regular open mic night may not intrigue some of the SRP players, I thought a horror twist to the idea could spark some interest. The event will be announced approximately twenty-four hours before. However, the event will not include anything horror-related. The players will assume this is an easy bonding-type of event, something fun and flexible - however, with appropriate wording, they will be suspicious that something is going to happen. During the actual event, players will take turns roleplaying them singing on the stage (preferably players that were chosen ahead of time to avoid fooling around and untidiness). However, a bit later a /itl will be performed by a staff member, describing a petrifying scream from a citizen. Following this - a broadcast from Karakura News will address a serial killer on the loose, and will suggest two options - find safety, or help protect Karakura. Shortly after, an event broadcast will take place, warning the players that one of the choices will have consequences. From here, players can choose to either leave the forest and take safety in the Karakura Police Department, or stay in the forest and attempt in finding the killer. A chosen staff member will be selected as the killer (simply for easy access for /v, and for /it's that hide RPNames). The choice that has consequences is staying in the forest of Karakura. The player's characters could be at potential risk of severe harm, but never death. That's where the Hospital Staff comes in. The Karakura Police Department, common citizens, and Hospital Staff all have to work together to keep each other safe, alive, and to find this killer. The killer will come in and out of /v, performing prepared /itc's of an "attempt" of killing one's character, however, only being able to harm them. Now, to actually catch the killer - the players must find their secret hide-out (this could be near where the event takes place in a small cave), and look for clues in where the killer might actually be (signs will be placed giving small and EASY riddles to where the killer and the dead body is). However, as the players search through the forest, eerie buildings will be across the map, as addressed above, allowing the Halloween setting to sink in. Once the players are able to find the killer, a Karakura Policeman/woman will arrest the killer, ending the event. The first player who finds the killer will receive 100,000 yen.

WHY THIS IDEA?:
I have chosen this idea in honor of Halloween, and it will inspire strong interaction with the players and the server. While lag is an issue - smaller builds are helpful, which will be no problem with this event. Teamwork and cooperation has been taken a great decrease in SchoolRP - it's commonly just the simple cheerleader vs football player scenario. However, this will possibly bring more IC friendships and relationships, due to the connection of possibly, well, dying.

/event [MICROPHONE] Chloe Evans: Hello everyone! Welcome to our Open Mic Night! The first person who will be singing is... Marcel Herrington! Marcel, come up to the stage.
/event [!] A petrifying scream was heard in the distance. [!]
/event [KARAKURA-NEWS] Hello citizens of Karakura! A serial killer on the loose has been reported. It is suggested you keep safe in either the Karakura Hospital or the Karakura Police Department. However, knowing teenager's sense of.. well, heroism - you can choose to stay in the forest and find the serial killer.
/event [!] Careful! One of these choices have consequences. Choose wisely. [!]

#2: FLASH FLOOD EVENT

PREPARATIONS:
This will take much more time to prepare. Obviously, building in preparation for a flash flood event is very difficult, however, to avoid complete destruction of the map, barriers/glass can be placed at the bottom of the water to avoid ruining too many builds. This will also block players from fooling around and deciding to drown in the water... knowing the SchoolRP community. If necessary, a back-up for the server can take place for a easy restore.

HOW IT WILL WORK (IN SUMMARY):
This event will not be announced, it will be unexpected (preferably with a substantial amount of players online, so perhaps on a weekend). The event will begin with a light rain, set by a staff member. Unnoticeable most likely, considering it's a normal Minecraft weather setting. However, it will turn into a thunderstorm. Event broadcasts will take place describing the heavy rain, clouds, and thunder. The Karakura News will broadcast to immediately get to safety on the Karakura Hospital roof (Hospital Staff will be notified ahead of time). This can be a simple, yet scary event for players. Hospital Staff will work together in ensuring players stay safe ICly, as well as taking precautions to make sure nobody will get hurt. The Karakura Police Department will choose their bravest - who will search the sewers and rescue any citizens if found. The rain will continue for about thirty minutes out-of-character, to avoid boredom. While the players all huddle on the Karakura Hospital roof, more event broadcasts will take place describing sounds of destruction across the map. After the rain dies down, and the water drains into the sewers, players will discover MILD damage on the map (dead grass from flooding, a few knocked over trees, and some remaining water in buildings). However, these mild destructions will be removed/fixed within a few days.

WHY THIS IDEA?:

While flash flood events can be very difficult, with the right ideas and techniques taking place, it could turn out extremely well. Besides, it's not SchoolRP without a few natural disasters here and there, right? Hopefully a drastic event such as this will encourage players to be online more often, especially so they wouldn't miss out on events such as this one.

/event [!] The rain became heavier and heavier - dark, thick, clouds rolling in from a distance with flashing lightning. [!]
/event [ALARM] Flash flood warning. Get to highest ground possible. Flash flood warning. Get to highest ground possible.
/event [KARAKURA-NEWS] Hello citizens of Karakura! We are currently under A flash flood warning, please move to the Karakura Hospital roof and follow directions from Hospital Staff. The Karakura Police Department will assist in getting citizens safely to this location.
/event [!] Trees are heard breaking in the distance, the cracking sound matching the sound of lightning as they fell. [!]
/event [!] The rain began to die down. [!]
/event [KARAKURA-NEWS] Hello citizens! The flash flood seems to finally be clearing up, however, still take your precautions in getting home safely.
/event [!] The water on the streets and ground began to slowly drain into the sewers. [!]
P.S. Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I hope I meet your expectations, and good luck to the other applicants.

Last edited:

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
ACCEPTED

- Congratulations. You have been accepted. Please send me a DM to have further information. This will include your Google Drive & Discord invite to the RPHUB Staff Discord.

BANTER#4519

Users who are viewing this thread