IGN (In-Game Name):

GhostfireSwords
Alternate account - atcherry

Discord Name & Tag:

Ghostfire#9490

Previous bans:

I have no previous bans on the server.

Describe your activity on the server:

I’m on the server for at least three hours a day total on both of my accounts, but I’m available at all times of the day. I’ve been on the server for about a year now, with my first anniversary in June 2022. I’ve accumulated a total of 1,400 hours total playtime on SRP on both of my accounts.

Which timezone are you in?

CEST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

Ghostfire's History Teacher Application - Accepted!
I’m currently not a part of any factions on any of my accounts.

I also have several other applications that are written out on the forums, all of them being language applications and character authorization applications. All of them were accepted except for two. I've also been part of Akihito, a verified gang two different times, which requires an application to get into, and I've been part of four different sports teams. Those teams were the high school track team, college track team, college baseball team, and college swim team.

What is your motivation for applying?:

My primary motive for applying to KPD is to further expand my roleplay experience on the server, and this faction caught my eye out of all the rest for several reasons. One of those reasons is that my character that I will be applying on, Isoroku, is currently studying Criminal Justice and Criminology at the Karakura Community College. Of course, this would mean he’d pursue a career that would fit under those majors, such as law enforcement. Another motive I have for applying to KPD is because I’ve heard good things about the players that are currently part of the faction. I know a couple of people from the KPD faction whom I get along with, and I’ve heard about others in the faction that have a good reputation within the server. This would hopefully make it easier for me to fit into the faction and get along with the players in it OOCly, and for my character to hopefully be able to cooperate with his co-workers, should he be accepted. My third motive for applying is because police work has always caught my interest, and I have a great knowledge of it, more than I do of any other faction. So, of course, I’d want to apply to the faction in which I do not have to research too much to understand it, as I already have a fairly decent understanding of police work. I’ve always had a particular interest in the faction since I joined the server, and wanted to become a part of it ever since. This is the opportunity I’m taking to finally follow up with that and apply, and I’d be able to expand my knowledge of police work while using the knowledge I already have. If I were to be accepted, I’d do my best to be an active and efficient member of the faction, be respectful to my co-workers at all times, both IC and OOC, and I’d do my best to follow all of the rules and regulations of the server itself and the faction’s. My activity on the server will also allow me to ensure that there’s at least one officer available on the server in the event of a crime, or if any citizen requires the assistance of an officer.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

I have quite an expansive amount of knowledge when it comes to police work. My knowledge is not limited to ICly, but I know quite a lot about what police must do and how they must conduct OOCly as well. Police must always remain professional when on the job and must always look clean, prepared, and able to do their job. Officers will be required to have their uniforms on at all times while they are on duty, and have their hair ******* in a neat fashion. Their hair must not present an unkempt, ragged, or extreme appearance to display professionalism at all times. Uniformed officers must also style their hair in a manner so that their hair does not go below the bottom edge of their shirt collar. This is designated so that an officer will not be distracted or disturbed by their hair in a case of an emergency, for example, if they were to be running after a criminal, their hair getting in their face would be an easy distraction and could possibly slow them down, and their uniform is to always be kept clean, clear of any stains or wrinkles, and clear of any lint. Officers on the job are to remain professional, serious, and respectful towards their higher-ups, co-workers, and all citizens. They should deal with situations as calmly and efficiently as they can, and remain unbiased during all circumstances. They should have all sides of the story before making a decision on anything. All officers should know their place and rank, and what their duties should be as well. They should treat all higher-ups with the utmost respect and should never go against the orders or override them, as it wouldn’t be their place. Finally, all officers are to enforce the law at all times and remain unbiased when doing so. No matter who it is breaking the law, whether it be the average citizen, a co-worker, or even a friend or family member, the law must be enforced upon them and the officer must remain unbiased while they take action.

Some tasks that officers could be seen doing are patrolling, working at the front desk, or watching CCTV. Officers would have to respond to any emergency calls they get, and they should also remain cautious while on the job, as Karakura's never a safe place and it's always unpredictable. One slip up and they, or even their entire team could be at a large risk of being injured or even killed. Following up with that, officers should have a great knowledge of teamwork, and how to successfully execute it with their co-workers. They should also understand how CCTV cameras work and how to use them, as they'll be a great help to an officer when trying to solve a situation. They should enforce the law on everybody no matter how minor the law is, for example, even if someone simply jaywalks, they should be stopped. The average officer will be equipped with a baton, handcuffs, a radio, a breathalyzer, badge, and taser, and will have access to riot gear during a dangerous call. Higher-ups will have access to a police bike and a cruiser, as well as pepper spray, a crowbar, and a pistol. An officer should also know basic radio codes, such as 10-4, 10-0, 10-20, etc.

While an officer is patrolling, they should always be aware of their surroundings and prepared for anything to happen. It's recommended that officers travel in groups to avoid being attacked by anybody opposed to them, and they should always have some sort of tool of protection in hand, such as a taser. When patrolling dangerous areas, such as where criminals usually reside, they should always be alert, communicate, and cooperate with fellow officers to get the job done. Each officer should make sure their group doesn't have any blind spots and cannot be snuck up on, and the leader or highest rank among the group should be giving orders to the other officers to stay as safe and efficient as possible. When patrolling a place that has a large amount of water, such as the beach or the sewers, they should have any other weapon but the taser in hand so as to not shoot the water and electrocute anyone in it. If any officer feels threatened or unsafe, it's recommended they call for backup and communicate, and always be on their guard. When coming across any suspicious individuals, such as one wearing a mask or anyone with blood on their clothing, they should be pat-down for anything illegal. If anything illegal should be found, it will be confiscated, kept as evidence and the subject will be further questioned about it. They will also be charged, depending on what they had on them. If an officer on patrol comes across anyone committing a minor crime such as jaywalking, they should be warned if it's the first time the officer witnesses it. Should it happen again, they would be fined.

When you are first accepted into the KPD, you will begin as a Cadet, with several limitations compared to the average officer. This position is considered a probationary period and is not considered an actual position within the rank structure of the KPD. To pass this probationary period, they must pass their examinations. If they were to fail, they would be demoted from their position without a second chance. As a Cadet, you are also unable to go off-duty and are unable to leave the station without a higher-up, so they will be somewhere within the station, possibly operating the front desk or CCTV. Once they pass their examinations, they will be promoted to an Officer. In this position, they will have more responsibilities but will also be more trusted, and will be able to go on patrols and handle emergency calls. Their promotions from here on out will be based on their performance, activity, and attitude. Each role will come with more and more responsibilities and more tools.

Baton - An aluminum baton used by officers to sedate criminals.
Handcuffs - A restraint device to secure an individual’s wrist, usually to make an arrest.
Police Radio - A communication device used by officers to communicate with emergency services.
Breathalyzer - A device used to measure the amount of alcohol in an individual’s breath.
Police Badge - A leather wallet that contains the user’s ID card, along with a badge that shows the officer’s department, badge number, and rank.
X26-Taser - A ranged weapon that shoots two dart-like electrodes that stay connected to the main weapon by conductors. The shock caused by the electrodes causes the individual to be stunned.
Pepper Spray - A tool that irritates the eyes, causing a burning sensation, and temporary blindness when sprayed.
Crowbar - A steel bar with a curved, chisel-like end used for prying open doors.
Glock-17 - A pistol used by police officers globally. The weapon usually shoots lethal 9x19mm rounds with an eight-bullet magazine, but can also shoot rubber bullets to inflict non-lethal shots.
Riot Gear - A suit that provides protection to the wearer. This should only be used during dangerous emergencies.
Police Bike - A small motorbike that allows officers to get around quickly.
Police Cruiser - A vehicle that allows a group of officers to get around quickly.

The ranks are listed below.

Commissioner

The highest rank of the KPD, and the one in charge of the entire police force. They ensure that everybody in the police force is fit for their job, and that everything in the KPD is running smoothly. As the commander, their main responsibility is to oversee the departments and officers in the police force. They should be able to rely on the higher-ups in the police force to handle small, yet important things for them. They should want nothing more than the best for both their officers and the citizens.

Captain
The captain has a similar role to the commissioner, but don't they're not the highest rank. The commissioner watches over them as they oversee the officers below them, handing out orders and supervising their performance.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant is the first rank that's considered being a higher up in the police force. They'll help the newer cadets and patrol officers through trainings, helping them understand the basics of being an officer better. There'll usually be about only three Lieutenants at one time, and will usually be in charge of precincts or departments, such as the patrol division, or the detective division.

Detective Superintendent
The Detective Superintendent will take part in some of the larger investigations of the city, some that'll go on for days at a time, as well as supervise and oversee the ranks below them to make sure they're working at their best.

Chief Detective Inspector
Chief Detective Inspectors will inspect the rank below them to make sure they'll perform at their best. They'll also handle larger investigations, such as murder.

Detective Inspector
Detective inspectors will carry out investigations like detective constables, and will collect evidence to help out with the investigation by doing things such as making arrests, taking reports, and various other tasks.

Sergeant
Sergeants are tasked with supervising the ranks below them, but they're not much different from them. They're the middle ground of the ranks, and the ranks below them can look up to sergeants for guidance and help.

Detective Constable
The detective constable will be tasked with handling investigations. They'll have a higher understanding of how to ****yze evidence and witnesses to complete their tasks. Their tasks will usually consist of investigating smaller crimes such as theft, burglaries, and assault.

Corporal
Corporals will spend their time leading small tasks such as patrolling, responding to emergency calls, and making arrests. They'll cooperate with their higher-ups and will give orders to the ranks below them.

Patrol Officer
Patrol Officer is the rank a cadet will receive upon passing the cadet test. They will be allowed to leave the station, but they're still a low rank of the police force and should be tasked with handling minor tasks and situations. The people who hold this title are mostly newer officers who've just graduated from cadet training. They'll mostly be seen patrolling the streets of Karakura, hence their title, and will be allowed to handle things such as arrests if they need to. They will still be able to do the things they were able to do as a cadet, such as attending the front desk and CCTV.

Cadet
Cadets are the lowest ranking in the police force, but still have the ability to take initiative and do their job when necessary. They're not allowed to leave the station until they become an actual officer, so they should be attending the front desk, watching CCTV, doing various duties around the station, or attending trainings.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

Police are important in SchoolRP for the same reasons they are required in the real world. Police are used to keep crime in check and prevent it from spreading, and to keep balance in the server. Of course, in Karakura, crime is very extreme and happens a lot more often than in the real world. Officers prevent crime to prevent innocent civilians from being affected by criminal activity because without officers, there’s nothing stopping criminals from going out and mugging/scamming random civilians, inflicting injury on each other, and completely turning Karakura into a crime-infested place. The KPD faction is the only thing that keeps crime in check on the server, and without it, Karakura would become a crime-infested place with no law or order.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

I fully acknowledge and understand that I’m subject to being demoted at any given time if any infractions are caused by either my character or myself.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

I fully acknowledge and understand that upon applying for the KPD faction I’m agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

I fully acknowledge and understand that I will be punished if I do not attend a training whilst I am online, as it’ll be my responsibility to attend.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Isoroku Edgeworth

Character's age (if accepted):

Twenty-five

Character's gender & pronouns:

Male | He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Master’s in Criminal Justice. Currently studying Criminology.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

Isoroku is able to fluently speak and understand French, German, and Japanese Sign Language.

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Isoroku is a German - Japanese male with fairly tan skin and a muscular build. His dark brown hair was usually slicked back with a bit of hair gel, and kept in control. He had gray, discolored eyes, which he wears clear contacts over to improve his vision, and he was quite tall, standing at 6’3, and weighed around 197 pounds. It was clear he’d kept himself clean and fit, and has been training himself for a job such as being an officer. He usually stood with an unreadable expression, and it was rare to crack a smile or chuckle out of him. He was almost always serious, but if he were around people he knew, he'd relax a little. He had a teasing personality when he was around people that he knew. His voice was almost always calm and quiet, mostly to appear mature and professional. His posture was healthy when he was standing, and he had a prosthetic left arm. His left hand was usually hidden in his pocket.
Below is a picture of what my character looks like.
1655407316396.png
1655428026913.png
Art made by CeruleanRocket

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

While in a professional setting, Isoroku would display himself with utmost professionalism and civility, no matter who or what he was dealing with. His expression would always remain unreadable, unpredictable to whomever he was working with, criminal or co-worker. In the event of a situation with a supposed criminal and a victim, he’d hear out both sides of the story before making his own call on the situation, since there’s always the possibility that somebody was framed, somebody was at the wrong place, at the wrong time, or somebody was lying. He’d pay close attention to evidence and the opinions of witnesses. It’d be likely he’d ask for the opinions of another officer. He’d remain serious at almost nearly all times, in a professional situation or not, but he was able to understand when other people were being serious or joking. In a more casual setting, he’d usually remain quiet unless something he knew well was brought up or if he, himself was brought into the conversation. It would take a while for him to warm up to his co-workers, but as he worked with them, he'd be able to form close bonds with them. With people he knew, Isoroku would often be seen with a teasing attitude. He loves to play small jokes on people he's close to, sometimes stepping out of the lines of maturity that he's usually inside of.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Isoroku would work well with his co-workers to get their tasks done as efficiently as they can. While with his co-workers, he’d keep the same professional and mature look as he always does on him. He acknowledges that without teamwork, the police department could not stand up by itself, so everyone must work together to keep it running. Isoroku knows that he'll be able to rely on the other officers, but he knows that as long as they’re part of the department and have the badge, they should be reliable and safe to work with. In a team, Isoroku works decently well with others, but would mostly try to take charge and become a leader among them. He always looks for all the leadership opportunities he can take to gain the trust of his co-workers, whether they have his trust or not. It’ll be likely that he ends up forming friendships and trust bonds with his fellow officers, and he wants to be someone that everyone can go to for guidance. He's also been a part of multiple sports teams in his time in school, so Isoroku should have some knowledge of how to work in a team based on that.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

I would personally see myself as a leader. I grew up knowing that I was bold and charismatic, two great traits for a leader, and several people took an example after me even if they didn’t know me personally. I was hardened by the strictness of my father in Germany and my grandfather in Japan, which molded me into a bright individual with the knowledge of how to take charge when nobody else will. I acknowledge, however, that there are some times when others should take charge instead of me if they’re more experienced or know more about the situation than I do. I just want to get things done as efficiently and correctly as possible to save everyone’s time. There have been several times in my life in which I had to take initiative and become a leader amongst several different people, and I’d hope they could tell you that I did a damn good job.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Isoroku was born on July 20th, 1996 in Hamburg, Germany. He was born to Eva Kessel and Cary Kessel, and he had two older siblings. In Germany, his life would've been of luxury and rejoicing. His mother spoiled him, and his father tried to make sure Isoroku focused on his education. He had little to no childhood friends, but he was the brightest in his neighborhood. His parents frequently bragged about his staggering progress to neighbors and other friends. Isoroku, however, had no idea at the time of his situation in Germany. Due to issues between his mother and his father, despite their ongoing fighting, decided to have him flown to Japan to live with his grandfather. There was the consideration that Isoroku could live with his aunt and uncle in Hungary, but they took to his father's side, and it was decided that Isoroku would start new, and should have no conflicts with anybody in his life. The decision might've been for the best, but at times, Isoroku wonders what his life would've been like if he just stayed in Europe.

In Japan, his childhood was almost as lonesome as his life in Germany. He rarely spoke to other kids his age and kept only to himself. He studied world history, and Japanese history to fill the time he always had to use, and his grandfather taught him the German and Japanese languages in between. He wouldn't hear from his parents until he was twelve, when he heard the grim news that his mother had died. She'd been caught in a car crash going down the autobahn, and the rest of his family was inconsolable. Isoroku was different, he kept his head up, knowing that life, even at such a young age, wasn’t a fair concept. It’s not to say he wasn’t deeply saddened by the event, but he was able to keep himself together. One of Isoroku's many positive traits was to not look backward, not stand still, dwelling in the past. He always marched forward. His charisma always inspired others, and others could always look up to him. Ever since he was six, he lived with his grandfather, who taught him the basic understanding of Japanese culture and the Japanese language when he arrived. Up until he was 16, he would’ve lived and learned from only his grandpa, and through school. He never really made any friends, and stuck into the shadows, until he was 17, his last two years in high school.

As Isoroku entered his next year in high school, he would’ve been 17. At this point, he’d still kept to himself and his studies, staying out of everybody’s way unless there was something he really needed from someone. It’s been eleven years since he entered Karakura, and there was only one friend he’s ever had by this point, Fumiko Ishikawa. They often talked, getting along with each other very well. It was the one person that Isoroku talked to other than his teachers, grandfather, and the rare interactions between him and other classmates. In the middle of the 11th grade, he was often teased for having a crush on Fumiko, although she was a year older than him. Isoroku usually responded by walking away, ignoring them, but there was an incident where a student took it too far, one whose name he knew too well. It was the first time Isoroku acted out, starting a fight with them. Isoroku ended up losing the fight, being clearly outmatched by the student. It was by this point where Isoroku finally broke out of his shell, and even though he lost the fight, he felt great about himself. It was the first time he had a real interaction with another student. He finally began walking around outside of his own home, but would often be seen sitting near the plaza in Karakura, writing. He tried his luck once more, asking a couple students if he could sit by them as he wrote. These students name’s were Alvin Lockhart and Ava Hanasaki, the two people that Isoroku would spend the majority of his last two years in high school with, and his best friends. His success gave him confidence, and he began meeting more and more people, such as Arctic Hunter, Yun’Seok, and Juhi Sen.

In his last year of high school, he made a goal for himself to get onto a sport’s team, more specifically, the high school track team. He told Ava about his goal, and he would often bring it up in conversation. It was also around this time that he began to catch feelings for a girl he’d met, Juhi Sen. Both Ava and Alvin, the two people he considered siblings at this point, did not like her. They thought she was trouble, and in their defense, they were not wrong. Isoroku still went after her, and they ended up in a relationship around a month later. It was his first relationship, and he tried his best to care for her. Then track tryouts were scheduled for the next week. He hurriedly asked Ava, who knew a bit about tailoring, to make him an outfit for the tryouts, since they required fitwear to try out. She came through, making him an excellent outfit, and as he attended the tryout, he had high hopes for his success. He ended up making it onto the team, which created several new opportunities for him. He met several new people on the team, such as Jirou, Ichika, and Kotone. It was also right after he made it onto the team that he had suspicion that Juhi had been cheating, and instead of investigating further, he broke up with her on the spot. He was upset about it, but his traits allowed him to move on. Right after, another girl began to catch his eye, Kotone. Their first meet wasn’t exactly the most normal, per say. They had a small fight in the kitchen of the high school track house, and Kotone ended up winning the fight, putting a bowl on his head when his nose started bleeding, unsure of what to do. He spent a considerable amount of his time with her even after this, and, long story short, after several issues and conflicts they’d been through, they began dating. Kotone and Isoroku lasted for quite a while, and endured multiple conflicts during their relationship. But in the end, they ended up agreeing that they should break up due to multiple reasons.

Fast-forwarding to college, Isoroku graduated high school amongst most of his friends, such as Kai, Zacharie, and Riku. At the Karakura Community College, he started off by attending various classes, still unsure of what he wanted to become. He thought about becoming a teacher at the school, or even a professor, but even he knew that he'd be unable to stand it. He then thought about something that he always dreamed of becoming, an officer. He deemed it unlikely that he could make it into the police force, but nonetheless, he began his studies. He studied textbooks on criminal justice and criminology, trying to gain an understanding of how criminals act, how he should act as a police officer, and the basic knowledge he'd have to know to make it into the police force. It was also around this time that he'd be adopted by somebody he'd known for a long time, and a past teacher/professor at the school, Dylan M. Edgeworth. He gladly took the offer, becoming an Edgeworth. He'd contributed to the family multiple times, notably helping one of Dylan's sons, Atlas, to cure his mutism which he'd had ever since he was an infant. Nonetheless, it was clear that his siblings weren't exactly welcoming him into the family. Soon after he was adopted, his brother, Atlas, had become a Surgeon. He took back to his old methods and blocked them out, continuing his studies, attending classes, and learning as much as he can about police work. He had a pacifistic sort of mind about things, and he wanted to cleanse the streets of Karakura of crime, as a sort of payback for trauma they'd caused him in the past. After graduating, he'd spend the next three years of his life touching up on everything he'd need to know before becoming an officer.

As for the rest of his backstory, I recommend you learn it ICly.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No. A pocket knife is considered an illegal weapon and is obtained through illegal means by a dealer. If someone were to be caught in possession of a pocket knife, the weapon would be confiscated, and the holder would be charged with possession of illegal weaponry. Although it is a small weapon, it’s still a weapon at the end of the day and has the means to fatally injure or even kill someone with a single stab. The holder will be arrested, and they'd be pat down for any further illegal items.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Five medical items that don’t require a prescription are birth control, bandaids, cough syrup, canes, and surgical masks.

1. Birth Control - Used to prevent pregnancy, and to regulate a female’s menstrual cycle.
2. Bandaids - A piece of material that covers a dressing or splint in order to provide support to it or restrict movement.
3. Cough Syrup - A syrup used to relieve dry, itchy, or sore throats.
4. Canes - A device to support an individual with trouble walking.
5. Surgical Masks - A mask worn by medical professionals to prevent bacteria from reaching the wearer’s nose and mouth during surgery.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

If I were to see any of my co-workers physically abusing an inmate, my first action would be to immediately approach my co-worker and restrain their arms, ensuring they can’t cause further harm to the inmate. I’d attempt to reason with the officer who was abusing the inmate to quit it and keep them restrained until they give in and agree to cause no further harm. I’d give them a short lecture on what they did, then call an EMS worker to tend to the injured inmate. No matter who the inmate is, or what they’ve done, no person should have to go through any more pain than necessary. Even after the lecture, I’d still have to report them to a higher-up, as they’ve already gone out of line. If they were to be a lower rank than me, I’d appoint my own punishment for them. The officer should’ve known better than to physically abuse an inmate before they got their position, so they deserve whatever punishment they’re given.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

If I were to witness one of my co-workers being assaulted, I’d unholster my taser before approaching the situation and aim it at whoever was assaulting my co-worker. I’d give one warning for them to back away slowly from my co-worker, before firing upon them with the taser. If they were too close to my co-worker, and there was a risk I could shoot the wrong person, or the electricity could conduct through them, I’d holster my taser, and I’d grab whoever was assaulting the officer and restrain them. I’d put them against a wall, cuff them, and search them for any further contraband or illegals. I’d then call an EMS worker to tend to my co-worker. In the event that the criminal runs, I’d fire my taser at them as soon as they made a quick move, stunning them so I’m able to cuff them and search them. The criminal would be arrested for assault on an officer.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

If I catch word that a co-worker is corrupt and helping criminal organizations, I’d collect as much evidence as I could and try to get anything out of the co-worker if possible by getting friendly with them. Once I believe I have enough evidence of them helping criminal organizations, I’d present the evidence to my higher-ups and let them know that said co-worker is breaking the code of conduct.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

I’d deny the bribe immediately, with the knowledge that accepting a bribe would go against my code of conduct. They’d be fined for bribery, and if they are unable to pay the fine, they would be arrested.

Notes

I contacted the college swim captain and they know I submitted this application. I'll have to get my college swim role removed should I be accepted.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​