mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GhostfireSwords's BMD Application; Nowhere else to turn.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+

1682033907694.png

IGN:

GhostfireSwords

Alt; https_ghostfire

Previous bans/warns/kicks:

I have a few warnings that took place during 2021 while I was still a new player getting acquainted with the server. After that, my record stayed clean until a two week ban in April of 2023. Although it hasn’t been a long time since this ban took place, I can assure you that I’ve since learned my lesson in regards to the situation. If necessary, further discussion may be brought up in DMs or anywhere else

Describe your activity on the server:

An active player of Roleplay Hub since June 15, 2021, I’ve consistently logged onto the main server daily for at least an hour or two, regardless of if I have anything important happening on the server. I’m available six hours a day on weekdays, and pretty much all day on weekends. Though, of course, I won’t use all of my time to play on the server due to having things to worry about in my actual life, but if necessary I can make use of my availability.

Saturday
Weekdays
Sunday
9 AM PST - 2 AM PST
4 PM PST - 2 AM PST
10 AM PST - 2 AM PST

Specify your Discord username (USER#0000) and if you have a microphone:

Ghostfire#9490 - I have a working microphone

Specify your country of origin and time zone:

United States - PST

What are your motivations in applying for the black market dealer role?:

A few factors have driven me along the path toward the crime faction as a whole, and a few others in specific have directed me towards the black market. I’ve always planned to make a return to the faction sooner or later (although I assumed later, several opportunities have brought me here almost as if it were calling me) since October of last year, as I always had plans for my very first and famed character, Isoroku Okinowa. This brings me to my primary source of motivation; the development of my own character is what has led me to create an application with the possibility of him becoming a part of the city’s black market. Always has been affiliated with the criminal underworld in one way or another, he's ready to officially make a return. Although I cannot relay the plans I have for him here, I can assure you that roleplay will most certainly be eventful if I were to be accepted. A character that I've had for nearly two years, and the first one I've ever made must trudge on.

A returning member of the crime community since 2021; since I've gotten back into the faction, my time in the community currently hasn’t been too stretched, and I’d like to do anything I can to contribute to it as much as possible. I’ve currently been a part of Club Ikigai for a few months now even while I was a part of the police faction (although I’ve only been to a few openings) and it’s been a fun project to help expand and roleplay a part of. The moment I stepped back into the realm of crime, I also made the effort to apply for an unverified gang to further enhance my presence in the faction, which I’ve had a fun time being a part of in terms of participation and roleplay alongside my fellow friends and gang members. To make the faction a more enjoyable experience for the rest of the players involved in it, being a part of the black market will surely give myself the possibility to do so in the form of roleplay, suggestions, guidance, and much more. In the end, my intentions are to improve the faction in any way that I can, whether it be through long-lasting suggestions and ideas or simple roleplay scenarios.

So, to summarize, I’m choosing the black market position over any other part of the crime faction (and server in general) because of the unique roleplay opportunities that it provides, the fact that the position and morals fit into the desires of my character, and so that I have a better position to create a better experience for the rest of the players who dabble in the faction.

What helps you to stand out from other applicants & what can you uniquely provide to the team?:

A few things can shine me in a different light when compared to other applicants, considering both broad and specific attributes. I’ll try to expand on both of these types of traits to the best of my abilities below;

Dedication, Writing, and Perspective
When I’m a part of a certain cause or group, I quickly gain motivation and dedication to improve it to the best I can, and the new perspective as a whole gives me the ability to better come up with suggestions or new ideas for the group. In this case, with the perspective of being on the black market and being more involved with crime, I’d be able to use my perspective to contribute more than I currently can to the faction. Take my previous position as an officer for example; when I obtained the role, I quickly became dedicated to bettering the faction with activity and ideas, which led to new additions to the faction. Another trait of mine which could contribute to the development of the crime faction is my exceeding skills in writing; the talents I have in this field may be used to improve the faction through roleplay with members of it, whether it be simply through openings, events, or general roleplay. My writing may also be utilized to create events, another skill in which I uphold, and create ideas or lore for the black market.

Leadership, Teamwork, and Guidance
My ability to work as a team could easily be one of the most benefiting factors toward considering me a part of the black market. A team full of like-minded and intelligent individuals surely would require one who’s able to fit in the same they do, and with several forms of solid experience, I could efficiently take up a place in the faction and make it worth everyone's while.. Leadership correlates with being a black market dealer for the fact that they’re, simply put, above everyone else; the top of the ladder, in which everyone looks up to. Essentially, a role model for how one may act and roleplay, and one that players can look up to for guidance or help with anything crime-related. My attitude and understanding of the faction and server rules would complement this attribute; in both in character and out of character perspectives, my character and I would act as a role model for the criminal underworld.

What previous experience do you have in working with a team?:

OOC Experience
I have multiple forms of experience when it comes to working with a team, I’ll only list the most notable positions I’ve been a part of. Currently part of a track team, which wouldn’t seem to require much teamwork, needs very little when coordinating certain things. These include setting schedules for practices and races, relays, and training alongside each other whilst encouraging your team members. Another sports team I’ve been a part of in the past is a baseball team; although it was a couple years ago, I can still recall how teamwork was utilized within our team. Simply, our team members were able to rely on each other’s coordination to make each play as efficient as possible.

I’ve also been a part of several other small groups which include clubs, small Discord servers’ staff teams, and many other associations, which have taught me a thing or two.

IC Experience
The most notable involvement I’ve partaken in on the server was within the police faction. This faction heavily depended on teamwork throughout the officers to carry out tasks as efficiently as possible, whether it be catching a criminal, solving a case, or even filling out a report. Communication was a key part when considering the infrastructure of the faction; both in character and out of character. Communication was necessary in-character for locating and chasing criminals, performing various tasks such as inmate care, visitations, reports, interrogations, and finding CCTV. Out of character, communication was necessary to coordinate things like meetings, training, and other events.

A few other factions in which I utilized teamwork skills involve the crime faction (Akihito, Valhalla), faculty, and several sports teams (baseball, track, swim). Although teamwork within these factions were quite minimal in regards to my own participation in it, my skills were definitely sharpened by the times in which teamwork was utilized.

What suggestions do you have to help better the crime faction?:

An idea I have which may benefit the crime faction is to differentiate between limbs and digits when it comes to major permissions. As it currently stands, there are some weapons that can cut limbs, and others cant; which makes sense. However, these same weapons that cannot cut limbs, which are sharp, also cannot cut off smaller parts of a person, like digits or eyes. I believe the rules in regards to this should be amended, in which weapons like pocket knives and naginatas may cut off smaller parts of a person’s body, but still remain unable to separate limbs.

This would benefit the faction by solving the realism behind these rules, and preventing any possible rule-breaking when it comes to players who aren’t aware of the fact that limbs, digits and eyes are grouped up as one term (limbs). To more easily differentiate between weapons that can or cannot cut smaller parts, a tag should be added to these sharp weapons that read, “- Able to remove small parts”. The same weapons that can currently remove limbs will also, of course, be able to remove these smaller parts.

Could be a good suggestion, who knows, I put a lot of thought into it and I think it’d be a helpful addition, but having a better perspective within the faction will most definitely allow me to come up with better and more frequent ideas.

Are you familiar with all rules pertaining to weapon profiles, combat, permissions, and player conduct on the server?:

Yes, I am very familiar with all of these rules.

Are you familiar with that if you leave the black market at any point, the black market lead will have permanent kill permissions on your character?:

A thrilling aspect to take into account as a black market dealer. I am familiar with and understand this, although if it comes down to it I hope we can make it an interesting and memorable scenario.

Are you familiar with that if your character(s) is/are killed or permanently arrested twice, you will be removed from the black market?:

Yes, I understand this rule. It’ll be another thrilling aspect to take into account.

Are you familiar with that you cannot reveal any out-of-character plans or potential addition to the black market to others?:

Obviously, yes. Even if this wasn’t a rule, I wouldn’t anyway; that’d ruin all of the fun; mystery is a fun aspect of writing

fsbsvbsbgh.jpg

Full Legal Name: Isoroku Okinowa
Criminal Alias: ‘OBAKE’
Age & Occupation: Twenty-six, unemployed.
Gender & Marital Status: Male, unmarried.
Ethnicity & Race:
White ;; German

Known Languages:
Proficient in Japanese, German, French, and Japanese Sign Language. A polyglot; unless you’d group Japanese and its sign language as one.

Former Associations/Occupations:
Akihito Clan ;; In his youth, Isoroku was a part of a well-known Yakuza in Karakura. However, one tragic event after another led to him dishonorably leaving the clan, losing a part of himself to do so. Although, it’s probably not what you think.

Karakura Police Department ;; What, an old fed trying to become a part of the black market? Surely, he’s got his reasons.. He’d be willing to share his dark secrets with the dealers if that’s what it takes; he’s not who you think.

Highest Level of Education:

A Master’s degree in Criminology.

Physical/Mental Ailments:

Diagnosed PTSD ;; It’s best if you learn more about it in-character. Even then, it’s unlikely you’ll learn.

Known Family Members:

[Mother] Eva Okinowa - Deceased
[Father] Cary Okinowa - Deceased
[Half-Brother] Günter Kessel - Killeen, United States
[Half-Sister] Koyuki Kitsune - Gdansk, Poland

Describe your character's appearance to the greatest detail:

Well-known throughout the city for his previous duties, Isoroku was a recognizable male, standing at somewhere above six-foot and weighed around two-hundred pounds. Based off this alone, he’s the last person that anyone would expect to have fallen to the other side. His features allowed one to make an inference that he clearly wasn’t native, but instead originated from elsewhere in the west. He always seemed to be deep in thought.

Isoroku was fairly tanned and had a muscular build, and had irregular gray eyes. Some mistake them for contacts, although the ones he did wear are clear and did not affect the color of his eyes. His fashion usually consisted of long-sleeved jackets and coats which were usually meant to conceal his prosthetic left arm, paired with pants; quite basic. Isoroku’s dark-brown hair was usually kept clean and styled, although there were those days where he didn’t bother with it at all. Scars littered parts of him; both literally and figuratively. It’s best that you don’t ask about them.

Describe your character's personality to the greatest detail:

Isoroku’s known to be relaxed and carefree, when broadly describing him. One to crack a joke and goof off, it’s the image that he wants people to see; someone that nobody should fear or dodge. His actions reflect an image of his carefulness, and willingness to help others. Everything he’s done in his adult years was done to create the illusion that his actions are of service for the general public. However, it’s all just a cover for who he truly is. This is his cloak.

Generally speaking, Isoroku has been known to make bold actions and take the helm ahead of others; a born leader. A confident and intelligent individual, his actions and words are either well-thought out before executed, or not at all. His intuition is powerful enough to allow him to make the right decision in a time of need. This is his dagger.

He’s not true evil, he’s been bruised and battered by the blows that life has struck against him. A broken man, it seemed all the paths ahead for him to journey weren’t plausible options. The only way for him to proceed is the path that he journeyed to get where he is now; crime. Behind the facade, Isoroku’s a cunning and manipulative person who does what he needs to get what he wants. What better way to do that than to work with a group of like-minded individuals who share similar experiences? His true colors only show at times when he’s certain the people he’s with won’t let the truth get out, or won’t be able to at all. His true self remains a mystery to even those closest to him. Essentially, his personality resembles the ‘Cloak and Dagger.’ A person of complete mystery, even if you thought you knew him.

Describe your character's backstory to the greatest detail:

The backstory provided is an oversimplification of his origins. The basic understanding of his beginnings should be known, but to learn in depth, it’s best to find out for yourself.

Hamburg, Germany, 1996, ▇▇▇▇▇ was born into a modest family with two older siblings. Although a lonely child, his time was mostly occupied with reading, exploring the outdoors, or spending time with his own family. Essentially, he lacked social skills and the only time he chose to speak to anyone else whom he didn’t already know was on a vacation to the Alps in Switzerland; this same individual is still very familiar with Isoroku to this day. A well-behaved child and teenager, there were usually no problems caused by him. Although, creatures of change are bound to challenge the status quo.

In his youth, ▇▇▇▇▇ went to class regularly and enthusiastically. With all the free time he had, there was no excuse for him to not do well. Only his childhood years were spent in grundschule, essentially a school in Germany for youth. A quick learner, there were no issues which regarded his education. All his childhood, his ambitions were to become a part of the Bundeswehr.

After issues regarding his parents which eventually led to their divorce, neither his father nor his mother were able to financially keep ▇▇▇▇▇ housed in Germany, so there was the question; where would he go? Neither of them wanted him to be in a foster home or anywhere like that, they wanted him to be with his family; but there was only one living family member that was willing and able to take him in. In Osaka, Japan, ▇▇▇▇▇’s grandfather received a call in regards to their living situation, and one thing led to another, ▇▇▇▇▇ was on his way to live in Japan. Even in Japan, Isoroku remained as quiet as he did before. Up until he was seventeen years old, his life essentially was unknown to most, as noticeable as a shadow at night.

Both of his parents were killed in a car crash, which occurred on the Autobahn when he was twelve. A young age to lose both of your parents. It’s still unknown what caused it; some speculation that was considered were that the two adults fought themselves whilst driving. It wasn’t clear why they were driving together, anyway. Isoroku’s reaction to the news wasn’t the same as expected; it’s not to say he didn’t care, but he showed little emotion in regards. He knew death was inevitable upon everyone; there was no use mourning it.

A snowy day. December of 2013, and Isoroku was seated on a swing in a playground. By this point, Isoroku was seventeen; he was writing poems whilst embracing the outdoors. Writing became a big part of his life, in which he wanted to expand on the older he got. It was an ordinary day; the only thing abnormal were the sirens in the distance, but even at that, it wasn’t out of the ordinary for it to be heard. The sirens were only noise to him by that point; his writing resumed, until the pounding of footsteps erupted from behind him. Almost in an instant, before he could turn, a knife was positioned nearly a centimeter away from his throat.

“You will do as I say, and we will both be alive in an hour.”

A small nod was all that Isoroku responded with. Unable to fight or resist, there was no other choice. It was his carelessness that got him into this situation; although sirens were a common occurrence in the area, he should’ve heeded the warning and been more alert. Isoroku was taken to an abandoned apartment a block away.

Thirty minutes passed.

A standoff between the hostage taker and the police had been ongoing. Despite the circumstances, Isoroku remained cool and tried to relax; any type of struggle would surely get him into more trouble than he was already in. The hostage taker’s demands were five million Yen, and to be allowed to escape. Obviously, the police had no intention of letting them take either prize; but they complied, only to trick them into getting a better shot. A duffel bag full of illegitimate Yen notes was slid toward the criminal. With the knife still at Isoroku’s throat, the bag was slung across his other shoulder, and Isoroku was pushed forward as he attempted to make the escape through a window.

One, then two shots rang out. The criminal laid motionless on the floor.

The events that happened that day encouraged Isoroku to leave the city for his own safety. With a plane ticket and two bags, on his eighteenth birthday, a plane left Osaka for a small island east of Tokyo; Karakura. Truly, the biggest mistake of his life had been made. Dr. Pepper? Perchance.

You might not have wanted to see this, but the events that happened in Karakura should be found out ICly.

Describe an interaction that your character may have as a black market dealer:

A rainy day in the city. The local police department received an anonymous tip about a weapon deal taking place somewhere in the sewers, and the time it may happen.

Isoroku trudged through the murky water of the sewers with the location of his next shipment in hand. There was only a few minutes left before the cops would arrive at the location; of course, this wasn’t known by Isoroku. His pace still remained efficient. Corner after corner, he became closer to another paycheck. By now, this operation was like clockwork; he’s done it too many times to count by now. One more corner turned, and to his disgust, the crate in which was his, was right in front of him. The disgust came from the people around it. Crowbars in hand, their intentions were clear. A near-silent sigh escaped him, hiding back around the corner; something was pulled from the depths of his coat pocket. Isoroku turned the corner once more.

Two loud shots rang out abruptly. Two men collapsed to the floor instantly.

Isoroku opened the crate using their own crowbars and took what was his, stored inside of a black duffel bag. A flip phone emerged in his hand from his coat pocket, and dialed back a number.

“It’s secured. Be there.”

Instantly, he hung up. The phone was snapped in two and thrown into the murky sewer water, never to be used again. Isoroku proceeded to the location.

On the other side of the story, there was the police. More specifically, the detectives investigating the black market case. Detective Superintendent Sasha Vasylenko was enroute to the location by cruiser with two other detectives to back him up in case the confrontation went south. The cruiser was parked blocks away from the sewer entrance they planned to take, submerging into the sewers. Every step they took echoed throughout the underground, forcing them to make every move as cautious as can be; every corner was checked twice before proceeding. As they inched closer and closer to the suspected location, their movements became slower and slower..

Indistinct conversation could be heard just meters away from the detectives’ location. They leaned into the corner, listening to the interaction as it was happening;

“. . - don’t care what you do with it. The price was negotiated beforehand. Pay up.”

A pause between words.

“Alright. There’s your fuckin’ money. Give it here.”

The duffel bag was exchanged, to one person, while the other gave Isoroku a manila envelope, filled with Yen notes. As he took the envelope, Isoroku glanced toward both entrances. The barrel of a glock hung out of the one to his left; his heart jumped. A quick decision had to be made.

Isoroku’s pistol was quickly taken out of his coat, and a shot was fired into the floor next to him in one quick motion. Behind the masks, the customers’ eyes widened, and a yell was heard from Isoroku. He threw himself to the ground, and the customers fled, bewildered; the cops swarmed into the room within three seconds after the shot. The pistol was already out of sight, but the empty shell and bullet remained on the floor of the sewer. The two unknown detectives pursued the ones that fled, while Vasylenko remained behind with Isoroku, who was still on the ground. His identity was unknown to him up until this point; Vasylenko’s glock was aimed directly at Isoroku.

“Get on your stomach, now. You’re under arrest.”

Isoroku removed the metal mask. Shock was evident on the detective’s countenance; the barrel of his pistol was lowered.

“. .Isoroku? What the fuck are you doing down here.”

“They brought me here. They were going to use me as a hostage to negotiate,” A cough, “to negotiate some sort of deal with the police for their own gain. You came at the perfect time.”

Vasylenko’s glock was put back into its holster, using what strength he had to help Isoroku off the ground.

“Get yourself to the hospital if you need to. We’ll talk later.”

Isoroku picked up the mask and empty bullet shell. Watching the detective run into the distance, a smirk emerged from him. Another close call had been made; disaster avoided. It pained him to lie to his friend and former co-worker. But, to realize his ambitions, it had to be done.

Describe any other additional information that is notable in considering your character for the role of a black market dealer:

“It has, truly, been a roundabout path.”

(jojo reference)

In all seriousness, I always meant for Isoroku to travel back down this path. Although some bumps along the road allowed me to take an early turn, I think his progression is ready to return to the criminal underworld.

I could NOT get spoilers to work for the life of me. It would've looked more organized if I could, so I apologize for that

The Funny

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for applying to join the Black Market, unfortunately after consulting with the rest of the BMDs we've decided to deny your application this time around. Even though your application was great, we'd like to see more involvement from you within the Crime community before applying again. We recommend involving yourself with the BMD associates as we feel you'd be an amazing fit there. We wish you all the best for your future within the Crime Faction.

Users who are viewing this thread