What is your Minecraft username?:

Gingerginx
(I am applying on my alt!)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):

g1ng#8806

How old are you? (Optional):

I am 18 years old.

What is your time zone?:

M D T (Mountain Daylight Time, in America)

Describe your activity on the server:

After getting the professor role on my main account (Gingerginz), I've been a 9 out of 10 in my activity.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

N/A

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I recognize entirely I am responsible for several things when applying for this and my inactivity can be crucial to others and myself.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Fun fact, a year ago or something along those lines like that, I did apply for a cafe-something. It is… kind of embarrassing to look at. Since then, I’ve tried to educate myself more on the shop faction. By looking at this link, I hope you can consider the growth based on the 1-2 year difference in applying. (Also, these ARE my applications in case you ever get concerned, I just got a new SRP website account because I started playing again and forgot the old one.)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/shop-application-rabendā.44402/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/gingerginz-professor-application.58667/

https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-2.43045/

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're in college, specify your degree level):
Main: Gingerginz [Professor] [AP] - Animal Science Prof.
Alt: Gingerginx [Grade 8 or.. 9]

Shop Information
/*You may add your own questions to the format*/

What shop are you applying for?:

Shizukesa
(..or Kissako! Either works honestly.. I am happy with whatever space Is available as if accepted I would redesign)

Why do you want to become a Shopkeeper?:

Starting from the top, starting with real-life fact about myself, I do have my own basic knowledge of how to run something like a restaurant/shop. I was in a thing called “DECA” for four years. (Look it up, real business thing for high schools- In America, at least.) I succeeded academically in a thing called “Hospitality and Tourism” Which is a thing in everyday business (hotels, airplanes.. etc..), and also a thing called “Restaurant Management.” These two things in the DECA program, helped me gain education on how to serve with restaurants and people.
I want to be a part of this faction role because I love to try new things, new factions, etc. I want to try it all. I want to put myself to the challenge of it.
It was super fun to self-design a made-up (for now) restaurant, from character to the logo, to how it all works. It took time, yes, but I liked the creative process!
I also would like to mention my jobs, in the game. Being a professor, I am under a lot of pressure with how wild and funky the students can be, causing fights and all that jazz. I also would like to mention my small experience working at La Casa Nostra for only a little while, it has helped me feel comfortable under pressure. Pressure is something I’d like to acknowledge because I know people apply for these factions, not knowing what they are about to concur.
Icly, I would need a character to run the shop, I do have quite the story that would go along with how I’d fit a character to own a restaurant & bar. I’ll set it here, a small biography and a long-version backstory of who this woman is, how she got here, and why she owns this as a shopkeeper. This spoiler below will explain it all and to as of why I think I should play this character.
(Spoilered as it is quite long, and I don't want to take up so much space!)

I put the character backstory and etc here because I find it crucial and important, that you know what person (ICLY) you are bringing into the shop/faction. I think character development is fun, as well, and interesting to check out when people are applying. So it gives you (the reader) a basic idea of what this shop means, why I'm passionate about the shop, and the character both at the same time. So with that, I hope you not only take a look at the shop but also who runs it.
Faia A. Iwasaki
Born
12/23/1992
I was born in the town of Cottage Grove, Oregon, It was small but a cozy place. I don’t remember much of my childhood, only that it was peaceful, sometimes loud. My mother was nearly nowhere to be found. She lived in the same house as me, I just don’t recall many mom moments with her. Dad was into Japanese jazz, and piano, too. I always walked into the room, listening to him play any instrument he knew. He was a classy guy… Having his own band, and all. I loved his records.

As far as my siblings go, I only ever met 2 of them. A much older one, maybe 20, 25 or so when I was only 12, and another, who was barely graduated from school, 19. I don’t know their names. I don’t remember much. Having short-term memory has impacted my life so heavily, sometimes the past is hard to remember, but I like it that way.

About eight years ago exactly, I was 22 years old. I had just graduated top of my class, in business school. I had always wanted to be in accounting resource management or something more, like finances. I spent a while getting the degree, excited for my future, but my dad fell sick, causing me to stop everything. I remember him healing though, and with the illness he had, he couldn’t do much around the house. He lost his hearing. He lost music. I simply watched videos and went to classes on how to speak JSL. We were a part Filipino-Japanese family. My own father's new struggle in his day-to-day life had to be the hardest thing to watch.

Not wanting to think his life was to go to waste, I threw away all that I wanted. I even went as far as moving us out of the house, away from Mom. She wouldn’t dare to take care of him, divorced now and all, I expected nothing more than anger out of her. Being his only child left in the house now, the only caretaker in his life now, I thought I’d move somewhere where he felt more at home.

Ryūkyū Islands. I was age 23 when this all happened, by the time we officially moved in and lived there. Dad had an illness, and our lives were changing for a drastic measure, I had to find a job and fast. It was when I bumped into a toddler, in a grocery shop. She had been crying, all alone, with no adult to watch her. I assumed she was just lost, but that wasn’t the case. I called her Tinda, short for Tindahan, the word shop in the Filipino language. Tinda loved her new given name, but I ran around the store all over, no one claimed this poor child.
Eventually, we adopted her in months' time, welcoming her into the family, and I called her my child. My dad and I helped raised her, then that's when the idea struck me.

A daycare, for the islands. All these kids wandering around, in or outside, without adults watching them while they worked? I disagreed. I put myself into many programs, ones to help me start my own daycare. Since graduating from business school, I already knew how to bring business into the equation. Tinda and Dad were very big inspirations for me, and after doing months of hard work, On my birthday, December 23, I would open a daycare called Nursery for the Young. Mothers and fathers around the islands would bring their kids, entrusting me, and within a year of work, I did this. I helped raise a daycare full of children. With this business, I earned enough money for my dad’s hearing aids, and we succeeded as more kids came flowing in.

Not everything was a happy ending, though, because it, in fact, did not end there. I was unloading the van, of all the daycare kids. The kids flooded into the building, overjoyed, smiling, and full of laughter. As I spoke to the driver outside, about the pickup system for the next week, I began to lose sight of my responsibilities, as we spoke. My dad was just then pulling into a parking spot. I remember him rushing out. He signed to me to turn around, from across the parking lot. Just as I did, a semi-giant piece of the roof had half collapsed onto me and the person who drove the daycare van.

About 2 years later, at age 25, I woke up from a medically induced coma. You’re probably wondering why, or how. How was this possible to occur? A fire.
One of the children had turned the kitchen stove on in the daycare, as I was talking to the driver. The place was burning down, and I had no knowledge of it. The doctors claimed my nose was stuffy due to the spring weather, no wonder I did not smell the smoke… They said no one survived, which made me concerned.

Concerned for my dad, whom I haven’t seen in ages, and I wanted to see him. Soon as the doctors came in, running tests on me, they’d let a woman who oddly enough, looked just like me! I had no recollection of who this woman was, or memory of her. I knew I was 23, but I felt like a child wanting her dad, and this woman coming into the room distracted me from asking a doctor where his presence was.

Then I noticed, the 2 small urns she had been carrying with her as she walked further into the room, approaching me.
“I am your mother.” She said to me in such a cracked, distraught voice. A voice of sadness.
“These are your dad’s and daughter's ashes.” She whispered to me, again, the same exact crack in her voice.
I laughed at first, in disbelief, “You’re lying.”
But indeed, she was not. She was only telling me exactly what I needed to hear.

To live peacefully and to set my father’s and daughter's ashes down, I chose the place Tindahan was originally from. Kyoto, Japan, at age 27. I moved there, to a small studio apartment, and I kept my newfound mother in my life. I was there temporarily, as I went back to school for a year or two, to study business again. Being bashed in the head, and losing 2 family members all in a couple of year's time was hard for me. All I ever wanted then was to move on from it.

During the years of emotional recovery, I began to cook. Cooking lessons from my mom. She was gone for so many years of my childhood because she was actually a chef. Now, a retired chef! My mom was born in the Philippines, but she always was invested in the Japanese culture of cooking. Dad, being a music artist, and Mom, being a chef, I’d say I have had pretty neat parents so far, regardless of one passing away.

For a year, I used cooking and culinary arts as a way to cope with my losses. Eventually, I needed music in my life, as cooking in pure silence was starting to become boring. I’d set my dad's records as I cooked, A homey, yet classy feel to my new hobby.

At age 29, I graduated again, this time in culinary arts, and restaurant management was a part of the degree I had. I wanted to move away, as I wanted Tinda to be laid to rest, without me around. My mother, during the time of my graduation, had moved away to a wonderful place, called Karakura, Japan. Wanting to follow in her footsteps, I packed my bags and did the same.
Now living in Karakura, I wanted to do something with all these degrees I had, all this pain I had. That's when I remembered my dad. A happy man, married to a grumpy chef of a wife, a man with such class, and dignity. That’s when I decided I would open my own restaurant, on both of their behalves.

Iwasaki Cane is a soon-to-be, classy music-themed, fish and healthy-themed restaurant. Iwasaki is a name given by my father, and I will pursue him to live on through the music and food of this restaurant.

Full Name: Faia Aiki Iwasaki
First Name: Faia
Middle Name: Aiki
Last Name: Iwasaki
Nickname/Alias: Fai (pronounced fa-eye)
DOB
Month:
December
Day: 23
Year: 1992
Nationality: Filipino-Japanese
Accent: Japanese

Skin Color: A tan-ish pale
Unique Skin Features: Freckles on her nose.
Height: 5’3”
Weight: 136 lb
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Dyed Hair: Red/Cherry Red
Scars: Healed burn scars on both her hands and arms.
No limbs are lost though and nothing else.

1683588152629.png
Other than this, I have more reasons why I would want a restaurant and bar as my shop. I've always admired this wonderful faction from afar, but never took my own initiative to apply for it. It was mainly because I didn't have an alt, and I was always nervous to re-apply. I've been around this server for almost 3 years now, and I think this is a faction worth applying for. You could do so many things learning-wise, and creativity-wise, I wouldn't want to not-apply, and let it all go to waste. I strongly believe a person can do anything when setting their mind to it, and try.

What do you plan to do with your shop, and what makes it unique?:

Introducing you to your next restaurant and bar, Iwasaki Crane. Iwasaki Crane is a restaurant based on elegance, fancy, and classy, it’s calm yet quiet surroundings and improved cooking for a customer's taste! However, being so “Fancy” driven, as that is what we would be known for, we would also be known for our “perfect date night” place, or “event-driven” life here in the restaurant. Our fancy food would be much more affordable, including all of Karakura, meals, and a classy fun time for everybody!
A grand piano, playing in the background, with speakers, turned as low as possible, and a singer appeared on stage, singing smoothly as you ate your beautifully made and served dinner. This place was driven towards adults mainly, but teens were always welcome. A place to “get away” at!
We are unique, as the owner of this shop had a tough life beforehand, only making it better by being one with the community. Her color scheme when creating the restaurant, dark blues, browns, a dash of yellow, blacks, and of course, whites, would catch your eye as you stepped into the restaurant, A low-lit place, and a waiting room as you entered. You’d sit on the booth seats, awaiting a waiter to seat you.
You wonder, “A crane? Why named ‘Crane’ at the end?” As you wait, you tend to question the name. Well, Cranes are beautiful, tall, and the world's tallest flying bird! They have a variety of colors on their wings, more of a shade in ombre. Their whole persona by definition, is to mean “happiness and youth”
This place is your new happiness and youth.
As the restaurant has a decent layout, making it easier for waiters to serve, and bathroom access, easier to access. Lights hung above the tables, you’d flick them on only when you’re ready to order. Each table contained a candle, a candle-lit dinner, How lovely!
Customers would only ever be seated 2-4 at a time, in the upstairs region, as larger 7-10 persons in a group would be seated below, near the stage. Though, if the customers feel they want to sit downstairs, the waiters have no issue with that!
They give you your menu, with a smile on their face, and a neatly well-fitting outfit to go along with their presence. Thinking to yourself, “Wow, this place is all I could imagine in my dreams!.” And if you’re thirsty? Wanting more, still? The bar! Of course, the bar! The signature move after a great night is an upstairs bar for adults! With a complementary crane bird mural, on the back wall of the bar. It caught your eyes as you take a seat on the stool, placing yourself directly in sight, eager for a drink. The best rum and wine in town! Served by the glass, served by the bottle. You’d squint your eyes, taking a looksies at the menu behind the bartender/mixologist. You’d then ask for a drink, only coming face to face with the owner of the restaurant. Yes, she was the barkeeper. She painted that beautiful mural. She was the face of this place, and she is happy to serve you any drink of your choice, as long as you showed her an ID!
As the night comes to an end, you’re drunk as hell. Your friends *chuckle* help you out of the bar, and down the stairs of the restaurant. The staff here at Iwasaki Crane waved you goodbye, as they shut the door. Setting a ‘Closed’ sign on the front of the window, after a night of serving, then cleaning, then closing up, they would also head home pretty late, just like you!

I wrote that response above as if a reporter, who came to this Karakura restaurant, was doing a report on it. I want it to seem like your character ICLY would potentially go to this place, and eat here. It sounded more realistic. Other than that, this place is unique in color, layout, and by style. The style I chose was fancy and elegant because based on the name "crane" for OOCLY reasoning, I just think cranes are beautiful, different, and a change of scenery, as not many people think of a crane in the first place. Especially when ICLY you walk up to the bar and see a crane mural behind the drinks. I think it's an awesome idea.
Below, when asking about food, you will notice the food variety is mostly healthy, less fried foods. Deserts are a must, but I chose those as a food option for a reason. I know this is all just in a game and ICLY, but we should try and put healthier options in Karakura itself, to make realism come to life. When thinking of roleplay, and this restaurant, I just wanted to put what I think seemed best, for a place in Karakura where vegan characters might eat, or pescatarians. Yet, still comes off as fancy or on the down low.

What will you sell in your shop?:
Fishy/Sea Foods:
Salmon dishes, Fishy dishes, fish stick dishes, cod, sushi, bento boxes, sushi rolls, etc..
I picked these types of foods since most birds eat fish, and seeing as the restaurant is named after a bird (a crane) I thought it would be fitting, and healthy for the characters icly.
Salads/Fruits:
Shrimp salad, or... A salad wrap, or maybe even a tomato salad, which could also be ordered with a bit of fruit to the side, maybe!
Soups
Soups and stews, veggie soups, chicken soups, tomato soup, and maybe even mushroom stew! Miso is the best soup sold here though!
Drinks:
Healthy fruity drinks, or green drinks, like lime juices, green tea, apple juice, and orange juice. Water is free though. Occasionally, I would want to stock coffee, and fancy expresso cups/tea cups for coffee and tea, to make it more realistic in the category of ‘fancy’ vibe.

Drinks (Other):
Alcohol is another thing we would sell, the range being vodka to rum! And fancy wine
bottles, glasses, to other fancy alcoholic drinks! Such as shots, or just regular glasses.
Deserts:
Mainly consisting of mud cakes, or fancy delicious cheesecakes, maybe a mousse or even flan! Other dessert mentions…: Dango, Mochi, etc...

How many employees do you plan to have?:

·.·´¯`·.··.·´¯`·.··.·´¯`·.··.·´¯`·.··.·´¯`·.·

Managers
[0-1]
Will manage and host all training, making sure to present customers with a smile, good service, and not be a grouchy woman when problems occur. Will be responsible of any probable cause (like someone getting their meal wrong, or a fight in the restaurant) Basically held accountable for any wrongdoing on her end.
Responsible for paying employees, and checking stock and accuracy every time the shop closes up.
Assistant Manager
[0-1]
Assists the manager/owner of the shop with, training new employees, stock, and getting approval for OOC voice call meetings from the manager. Mainly trains the employees and icly makes sure everything is running smoothly if the said manager is not around.
Executive Chef
[0-1]
Will be responsible for the items going into the proper chests/storage bins when a manager(s) is/are not around, and food is distributed properly in an orderly fashioned way. They will also be responsible for greeting any government members, such as mayors or KPD into the restaurant, with respect, and welcoming them appropriately. I request this for executive chefs because they are the ones making sure the food is going to the right places, and are responsible for a person's meal. If someone important walks in, they need to greet them. They are also responsible for asking people who are too drunk to leave if a manager is not around, or causing issues, such as: Wearing a mask, causing violence, being warned several times to leave, or disturbing other customers verbally/physically.
Event Enterainment Management
(aka EE Management)

[0-1]
Two people to help the manager with event ideas, in case we ever need to host a wedding dinner party, etc. They will also be the ones to host karaoke nights or public stage performances with approval from the Manager. These people are qualified to play the grand piano and sing in a soft, soft, quiet tone, to follow the mood of the restaurant (also icly basically they are just good at detail rping playing a piano or singing.) They work as event planners and entertainers.
Waiters/Servers
[10-15]
I put so many as a number because I know many people on the server have different time zones, and I want everyone to have a chance at working. The waiters and servers are in charge of seating customers properly, giving them their menus, and assuring them of decent service and empathy when taking their orders. They are responsible for greeting them at the door, as well. If a special person comes within the restaurant, like a Mayor, etc, a server will greet them, seat them upstairs in the much quieter setting, and will also grab the manager/executive chef to greet the customer as well.
All in total, around 20-24 people working. I don't exactly need entertainers in the restaurant but if one wants to be hired to entertain via detail rping singing or pianist, I'd be completely fine with it. Waiters in my opinion are a huge part of SRP restaurants since it gives other players the experience of working for a shop, showing them how it works.
Extra

/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
I do have some extra things I’d like to mention in this application. I know many rules are not pushed into restaurants but I do have a few (being 3) my restaurant/employees would endure if opened, listed down below.
No masks/wearing masks when entering a building: When an individual tries to enter the wait-to-be-seated area when first entering the restaurant, they will be asked to take the mask off or they will not be served nor seated and instead asked to leave.

No weapons within entering: When an individual is welcomed into the restaurant, and it appears that they have a physical weapon, such as a bat or knife in hand, they will be asked to come back without a weapon or to simply leave. This rule does not apply to EMS or KPD.

You may not leave the restaurant if you are OVERLY drunk: I put this here because if individual drinks to the point they do pass out, my employees and I will call KPD or EMS on you for drinking too much over the limit, and to help escort you home. This will be a voided rule though, if you drink around friends, your friend can escort you home instead.

An Idea of what Uniforms look like in my head, down below

Basically this style, with a pants version, and skirt version, is unisex of course!
Whatever you think their character would be comfy in.
I would of course have my own color scheme, so this, but not these colors.
The male water outfit would have a tie, not a bowtie, and again, my own color scheme, but this works for examples for now

Waiter
1683664335689.png
Managers/Asisstant Managers
Fitting for a manager, and I'd change up the colors.
1683588555469.png

As for another extra, I found a restaurant picture or a few, to show the interior and exterior design a bit, as I find that another thing important for applying for a shop! Obviously, below, the shop would not consist of pinky colors, or LED light designs, and simply just show what the interior table design might look like, and the lights that hang above the table.

These lights (In-Game) will be used with levers, mostly being off, and there will be floor lights to compliment the low-lit environment. The lights that hang above, and why I say they will be off most of the time is because they will be asked to flicker the light on when wanting to order. Doing this will cause attention to be drawn to the waiters ICLY and OOCLY, causing them to walk over and take the order if they missed one!
1683600970174.png
Just not.. with LED lights. Only low lit lights only1683601246376.png
1683652029425.png
I imagine something like this, less white though, archy arch ways and a pretty entrance to green customers.
1683652370079.png

Will you have Discord for the shop?

Yes, I plan to make a well-formatted discord for this shop, to host voice call training, and announcements in it as well!

Do you have any more questions?

Am I supposed to know my exact prices for food when applying and mentioning what I'm selling? Because I haven't fully worked that out yet because applying, I am just giving you a rough idea of what I sell. I wasn't too sure about the EXACT pricing.

Gingerginz
Gingerginx
g1ng#8806

"Haha! That's why there's a bar- Don't be pathetic and drink gin, just smile and talk instead..."

1683587197259.gif

Last edited:

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
DENIED

Thank you for applying but all slots have been filled for this shop as of right now. Your application is amazing, though.
Feel free to re-apply when applications are next open.​

Users who are viewing this thread