players online

Give us a 24/7 NPC convenience/corner store

ny00m

Level 20
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
What's your Minecraft Username?: DeyeetMe
What's the title of your suggestion?: Give us a 24/7 NPC convenience/corner store

What's your suggestion?:
This might just be a me thing but I like letting my characters eat actual food on occasion, especially in rp situations. The issue is that since daytime is mostly taken up by school, most rp outside of school happens at night, and for some reason they decided that the mini mart should have closing times despite it being NPC ran.

The family store is open at all times, but it only offers a handful of school items and a whopping 3 consumable items, two of which are drinks.
(They sell hotdogs, calpico bottles, and coffee.)

I suggest that either
- the mini mart (the one opposite to the town hall) is kept open 24/7 (and maybe some of the regular snack foods are made available there, I don't remember if they sell those - and I can't check because, predictably, it is closed as I'm writing this)

or

- more consumables are added to be sold at the family store (the same generic stuff 11/7 has, stuff like bento boxes and all that).

How will this benefit the server and community?:
While it doesn't seem to be a problem for many people, I find it annoying that I can't take my character out to get a midnight snack, and am instead forced to just use /feed which sort of takes the roleplay out of it.

Yes we have vending machines, but currently they offer two fruits and two fingernail sized bags of candy. I'm not feeding that to my pookie wookies. That also goes for the family store hotdogs.

Yes I could cook, but I don't really have enough ingredients or cooking levels to do that. They sell ingredients at the store that closes at night.

Yes I could go fishing and then cook the fish but I won't. If my character goes "Damn I could really go for a sandwich right now" they are not about to go fishing for half an IC hour.

The 11/7 used to be NPC operated and open 24/7, but then they made it close at night too, and now it's player ran. I really don't know why. bring back the old 11/7 i miss him

I guess I could just itemrp (?) a sandwich or smtn but like. :( i no no wanna
(besides i like the eating sound )

Anyway TLDR if ur lazy:
i want 24/7 npc store that sells the kinda stuff that the old 11/7 used to sell, bentos and takoyaki etc. why? bc let me rp eating on the rp server. i want midnight snack icly and the current available options (vending machines + family store) are inadequate to quench the greediness of my soul

thanks 4 readin

Arocatula

Level 194
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
Because of the work they have added to make 11/7 a player-ran shop, I doubt they’ll be changing that again, though I do see how you would want it to be open 24/7 compared to real life gas stations. As for the mini-mart, I’m not entirely against that, as well as the more consumable options in general.

Miamorchito

Level 25
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1

I mean. Modifying the store in front of Town Hall to a 24/7 and adding a few more snacks doesn't sound that bad or that time-consuming. There are some aisles that are almost empty, and adding a few snacks can come in handy for some players. Adding a whole other store tho is gonna be more complex. But overall I agree with this post.

JeremyLobo

Level 33
__jeremylobo
__jeremylobo
Omega+
+1/-1

Yes, this would be convenient, however there is a small store already under block K which is open during specific times, which is more realistic

Miamorchito

Level 25
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1/-1

Yes, this would be convenient, however there is a small store already under block K which is open during specific times, which is more realistic
Yeah, he mentioned that in the suggestion already. Making it 24/7 wouldn't make it less realistic, as these stores exist and work like that irl.

Nattyloo06

Level 15
Nattyloo06
Nattyloo06
Omega+
+1

I deleted all the reasons why I thought we needed more OOC stores because I ended up going on a rampage. I'll keep it short and sweet; I WANT MORE INGREDIENTS!! ESPECIALLY STRAWBERRY JAM! Don't forget the Strawberry Jam...

[College] Nahla Munakata
[Chef] Yutai Minori
[Grade-12] Kazuno Facio
[Grade-12] Keegan Kiyoshiro
[Grade-12] Mizuki Shizuno

Last edited:

5SHU

Level 109
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
+1

I deleted all the reasons why I thought we needed more OOC stores because I ended up going on a rampage. I'll keep it short and sweet; I WANT MORE INGREDIENTS!! ESPECIALLY STRAWBERRY JAM! Don't forget the Strawberry Jam...

[College] Nahla Munakata
[Chef] Yutai Minori
[Grade-12] Kazuno Facio
[Grade-12] Keegan Kiyoshiro
[Grade-12] Mizuki Shizuno
+1
Strawberry jam yes

MinisterFudge

Level 21
Community Team
Event Team
MinisterFudge
MinisterFudge
Notable
Karakura is depressing as hell on the weekends, having NPC-run stores during these times which are closed is wild to me.
+1 let characters buy their groceries whenever they want.

Also, maybe add all the new cooking ingredients nobody can access yet to the market in addition to making it permanently open
(dry pasta for lasagna, mashed potatoes, red onion).
A suggestion on these lines was accepted and it was observed the 'incorrectly named items' in the cooking system were amended but yeah that still has not happened. Makes sense to do both at the same time though, since they both involve the store across from Town Hall.

UPDATE: I learned the player-ran 11/7 store sells red onion and dry pasta. (imo these should also be sold in the NPC ran grocer)
No idea how 'fried eggs' or 'mashed potatoes' are obtained yet though.

Last edited:

Ruin

Level 113
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1
thats gotta be the worst idea ive ever seen. you cant force shopkeepers to be open all the time so obviously you'd need an NPC shop that sells some things.

It was already perfect tbh idk why they needed 2 change it

Leo_14

Level 10
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
not +1 or -1, more a new suggestion

I think that instead of making it open 24/7 as it would mean less rp for those interacting within 7/11 I think that the store could offer a wider range of public items for sure, however I feel that the fact it isn't open 24/7 just means that the RP is more realistic, as most convince stores are indeed not open 24/7.

summary - keep the times the same but allow for more items to be sold within the connivence store under K.

[grade-12 [Councillor] Leo Itsuka
[college-B]
Mala Makulova

It's honestly so frustrating trying to level your cooking skill when you always seem to log on at the wrong time. I try to fish and then keep certain types to cook but then I usually don't make enough to buy another rod. I hate having to join multiple shop discords just to hope that I'll be free when they open and hope that they'll actually sell what I need. Plus 11/7 added a lot of fun moments. The store under the K block looks painfully empty compared to any player ran store and it would be nice to get more things there even if its for a premium.

+1 Rat just wants to feed the children ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread