Neutral_Tones

Level 2
Neutral_Tones
Neutral_Tones
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: Neutral_Tones
What's the title of your suggestion?: Give us DRIFTING

What's your suggestion?:
I don't really know how to explain this, but with the start of popularity in street racing, and the whole thing with cars, there should be a drifting mechanic/plugin.
My idea is they'd have to drift well, using A and D to keep in a green zone on a bar which slowly thins down, and if they do it for 2/3 or more of the drift, they get a speed boost, like in Mario Kart, increasing the boost with the better they drift. If they do well between 1 and 2 thirds of the drift, no speed boost is given, and their speed is constant. If they drift poorly, for 1/3 or less of the time, they spin out.

There could also be vehicle tire mods for this, increasing grip for if you don't want to drift, which increases top speed and somewhat cancels out the turning given by the better breaks (these can be similar to how Drag Tires work in the real world), then there can be a drift tires mod, which reduce top speed, but increase turning and make drifting easier. Like the engine mods, this can be in variable levels (probably 2 levels if you do variable ones, I understand you're busy people.)

How will this benefit the server and community?:
I think this would benefit the community because it could bring more enjoyment to using vehicles, and may even bring in the opportunity for KPD vehicle chases. This can bring more to the server as a whole where people can have more interesting custom builds for their cars. Along with this, this feature may bring more people to the server, mainly car people, who commonly love drifting and racing, overall widening the audience of the server together!!

kustomzero

Level 149
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
Probably isn’t even possible and with the lag on top of driving them. Neat idea but probably won’t happen

Execute

Level 20
xcqu
xcqu
Notable
I want this feature so badly, but considering the lag on the server and how difficult it would be to code something like that would make it near impossible to happen. I wanna say +1 so bad but realistically it's difficult to implement.

Arocatula

Level 197
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
I’m definitely with this suggestion but as stated 5+ times above, it’s likely not possible unless if the devs come in clutch, we love you devs.

robinzee

Level 34
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
The driving is as clunky as it can be. Adding drifting physics would make it even clunkier, in my opinion.

Yonio

Level 330
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
If you want to drift, you should slow down your vehicle and turn it to one of the sides. Adding yet another feature like this to the already Pythagorean-like math that's required to make the vehicle plugin work would be virtually impossible

gmxr

Level 11
gmxr
gmxr
Omega+
As a person who used to race a lot on srp, this would be fun as fuck, but as stated before, this would just not work, and on top of that, a lot of srpers just suck at driving. This would not end well.

Users who are viewing this thread