Level 4
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
GlitchedValley

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): cryybaby._#3255

Do you have a microphone?: Yes.

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: EST.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: I am active 5-6 times a week, usually.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have one previous ban because my boyfriend decided it would be a good idea to be AFK on my account while he gangrped on his.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.41833/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lang-application.42349/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.43947/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/item-turned-into-cane.46136/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/service-dog-application.46705/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[18][High School][Basketball-Captain]
[Bird]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I am applying to teach Algebra.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: There are many things motivating me to want to become a teacher. Firstly, seeing other teachers do their job and enjoy it makes me admire them and want to be in their position. Watching teachers communicate with students, teach them, and make them enjoy their time at Karakura Highschool motivates me to be like them. Secondly, I have a passion for math. I have a great understanding of it and know lots about it. I want to teach others and encourage my fellow math lovers and show how fun math is. I know not too many teachers and staff in general are on during school hours which for majority people ruins the whole school roleplay experience since there isn’t a great deal to do during school hours. Seeing as I am online very often, even if it’s only one person, being able to make the school day a little more enjoyable motivates me and encourages me to try hard to make it as a teacher.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: Yes.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs are a way for teachers to keep track of how many classes they've taught in a month. It is so that teachers know if they've met the quota for the month and if they have done enough bonus days for the bonus payment.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  1. No speaking while the teacher is speaking, do not interrupt unless it's an emergency.​
  2. Raise your hand when wanting to speak or when the teacher asks a question.​
  3. Stay in your seats unless told otherwise by someone of authority.​
  4. Keep phone use to a very low minimum. I understand if it's important but if it isn't I expect for your eyes to be on me and not your device.​
  5. No profanities or insults are to be used in my classroom.​
  6. Respect your classmates, keep things civil and friendly.​

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have experience in casual roleplay as well as highly detailed roleplay. I’ve been in a few situations where I needed to combat-rp, but other than that my roleplay experience is casual.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The head of the department are in charge of their department (in this case, teaching is their department) and more important decisions for the teachers like assisting with events, gathering teachers, disciplining, etc. They have a lot of experience in their role because of the amount of time they’ve been working for and knowledge they’ve gotten during this time.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A qualified teacher is a teacher that has gone through the training already and has been working long enough to no longer be considered new. They work under the head department and teach like normal.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A newly qualified teacher is a teacher that has recently gone through training and is new to the department, they are less experienced and are still learning as they go but are qualified nevertheless.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: An unqualified teacher is a teacher that has just been accepted and has not undergone training yet. They are not allowed to teach and host classes yet or supervise any clubs.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are a needed thing in society. They give us so much knowledge and give us the skills that we need to have a good future. In SRP, Teachers do the same. They try hard to teach and keep students out of trouble and on the right path. They give students knowledge and give them the resources to have a good future. The salary teachers get out side of SRP is $30 an hour at average. In SRP, the salary is 350k for teaching 10 classes along with a bonus of 50k if they teach an extra 5 classes in a month.
Teachers have many different ways of teaching but generally a teacher will introduce a subject and proceed to explain the subject for those who don't know what it is and then continue on to teach a lesson on it. After the lesson the teacher may hand out work for the class to do for a grade. The teacher may also go over the answers for those who care enough to know if they got things correct or not OR the teacher may collect the work and post the grades later on on the bulletin board for students to see later. In a teacher's spare time they plan lessons and decide what they will do for their next class.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Without teachers on the server, the server would probably be called something else. Teachers bring so many fun and new experiences for roleplay, from the classes to the risk of getting detention. They make the server so much more fun than without them. Classes are one of the few things that make the long school days entertaining. Without them, most people would probably log off during school hours because it’s such a bore with not much to do. Teachers change the server in amazing ways and without them it wouldn’t be the same.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: There is no official lesson planning system but in the past "MoSCo" which stands for must have, should have, could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Matteo Ballerini is a 32 year old male with sharp features. His jawline is defined and his nose is strong. He has downward-turned lips that were never chapped. His eyes were downturned, giving his appearance a mature and serious vibe. He had a strong Italian accent when he spoke, demonstrating where he is from. His body is defined and fit, he has a six-pack, giving off the impression that the man works out quite often.

Despite the very stern and serious vibe Matteo’s appearance gives off, he is quite a goofball. He can always take a joke and enjoys having fun with his students while also teaching and educating them. Students feel comfortable around him but he will never hesitate to put his foot down if they get too comfortable. The man loves working with numbers and he is looking forward to working with the students. He respects students and believes that many are just scared, troubled children who just need someone to depend on. The ones that pick fights, curse at faculty, and defy all rules are the ones who were neglected or abused when they were younger, or are mad at something else and need a way to let it all out. Sadly, the way they do it is terrible and he acknowledges that this is no excuse, but he thinks someone should believe in these kids and help them. If not him, then who?

Matteo respects his colleagues deeply and is looking forward to working alongside them, as well as greeting and introducing himself to all the hard working and dedicated men and women who work at Karakura High School. He can’t wait to be a part of the faculty and show how dedicated and passionate he is about his job. When he thinks of the faculty, a few words he would use to describe them would be dedicated, hardworking, passionate, and amazing. His colleagues are like family to him, they stick together and work together. It is in his blood to take family very seriously and appreciate them. To him, family isn’t just who you’re blood related to. It’s the people you adore and connect with. The people that you depend on when you’re troubled. Matteo sees his colleagues as family, they can always depend on him.

Disregarding his harsh appearance, Matteo is a very loving and caring man. He always knows how to lighten the mood and knows all the right things to say when someone isn’t feeling their best. He knows when to put his foot down and put down some authority. He knows how to make someone laugh when they need it. Overall, Matteo is a kind man.

In the future, Matteo still sees himself teaching. He sees it as a permanent career that he has always wanted to do. He sees himself settled down with a house and kids, while working doing his dream job. Teaching mathematics. He sees himself being the overprotective father, but always meaning well. Always showing his love for the people around him, and continuing to show all the troubled children of Karakura someone believes in them and someone is routing for them. Hoping they get out of the troublesome life and find something less criminal. Matteo Ballerini is a man of passion, a man of affection, a man of family.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Matteo approaches the group of troubled students throwing profanities out left and right like it’s nothing. “Watch your language, kids.” The students disregard his words and continue their previous actions. “Do you have hearing issues? I said, ``watch your language.” One of the students steps forward, seeming to be the ‘most tough’ of them all and says,”Or what?” Matteo stares the kid straight in the eyes with the most stern and threatening look. “Or you’ll be sitting in detention after school. Now, must I repeat myself once again or do you understand?” The student backed down and nodded. “Good. Don’t let me catch you saying those words in this building again,” Matteo said before walking away.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Matteo looks around the room as he is speaking in the front of the class. He notices many of the students are having conversations amongst themselves and generally not paying any attention to him. He clears his throat as an attempt to get their attention. A few students look up at him but that’s about it. When he noticed it didn’t work, he tried something else. “Excuse me,” he raised his voice and it was successful. The majority of students looked up at him and felt embarrassed. However, there was a small group of students in the back that continued talking. Matteo walked through the aisles towards the back of the class and approached the conversating students. “What are you kids talking about? I didn’t realize that this conversation was more important than my lesson?” He mocked the students and their faces turned red from embarrassment. “Please! Come up front and share! I’d love to hear all about this topic.” Matteo said in a sarcastic tone. When the students didn’t move he spoke again,”Next time, don’t have side conversations while I’m in the middle of a lesson, unless you think it’s more important and you’re willing to share with the class.” He walked back up to the front where he had previously been. “Now, where were we?”

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Matteo steps into the teacher’s lounge. A few teachers were sat together conversating. He nodded with a smile and said a small ‘Hello’ before he headed towards the coffee machine. The morning classes had been stressful and this coffee was a much needed energy boost. Matteo made the coffee just how he liked it, dark with 3 sugars. He leaned back against the counter, taking a sip of his much needed cup of coffee before letting out a sigh as he thought about his next class. Another teacher came in and went to grab a coffee. Matteo smiled at the woman,”Hey, how are you?” She responded politely and smiled back. The two continued to conversate about how their morning has been and how many troublesome students they’ve bumped into. A few laughs and smiles were exchanged throughout the conversation before Matteo realized how close it was to period 3 and excused himself to teach.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
he stood in the front of the classroom and leaned against his wooden desk that had a coffee cup sat beside him at arm's length. The words ‘WELCOME!’ were written with chalk on the board. He watched students start piling into the room. He exchanged smiles with the students, saying “Please take your seats, everybody!” as he waited for them all to be seated.

/me he picked up a piece of white chalk and raised his arm, starting to write out the formula ‘y=mx+b’ while reading out what he was writing. He underlined the formula before turning around to face the class with a soft expression. “(y=mx+b), does anyone know what this equation is used for?” He asks as he scans the room to see any raised hands.

/me he grabbed his stack of packets filled with math equations and held them against his arm. He walked down the aisles and handed a packet to each individual student. As he walked he explained,”There are some equations in here and I’d like you guys to try your best to complete them all, however if you don’t manage to finish don’t stress. Just try your hardest.” He handed the last packet to the final student before walking back to his desk and placing down the rest of the pile. “You may start.”

/me he picked up the piece of white chalk and began drawing a graph with a line that has a negative slope with two dots plotted, one with the coordinate (-2, 3) and another (1, -1). “Let’s find the slope of this line. Does anyone here know how to do that? No? Alright well, let’s start with rise over run (rise/run).” He wrote out a fraction with the word ‘rise’ as the numerator and the word ‘run’ as the denominator. “In order to fill this in and find the numbers to get the slope you need to start at the first point.” He proceeds to explain the process of finding slope. (because I don’t want this to be excessively long I won’t fully explain but in the classroom I would fully explain).

Backstory

Matteo Ballerini was born in Sicily, Italy and grew up there as well. His mother always taught him to never judge someone that you don’t know because you never know what they’re going through. He wasn’t popular when he was in grade school, in fact he was bullied by the same boy every single day. It was practically part of Matteo’s everyday schedule. He always expected to see the boy on his way home from school, allowing himself to never be surprised when he sees the same taller, stronger, and mean boy. He would punch and kick him til he was on the ground crying. Matteo was never ashamed to cry either, despite the looks he got from passing people. He only got these shameful looks but no one would ever stop and help. He found it a bit funny how he was the one being shamed when grown adults are walking past a little kid getting beat up. Once the boy finished with him and walked off, Matteo got up as fast as his bruised body would allow and sprinted towards his house. A year passed by and he was still being bullied, even worse than before because the boy had gotten stronger and seemingly more angry. However, one day, Matteo was on his way home expecting to be met halfway by his least favorite boy. Instead he saw the boy standing with a grown man that looked similar to him. It looked like he was being lectured. Suddenly, the grown man slapped the boy across the face and yelled at him. It all made sense now. All the bullying, all the pain. It made sense. A few days passed with no bullying. Matteo didn’t even see the boy in the halls. He was constantly thinking back to what he saw and how that man that looked like the boy’s father hurt him. A week passed before Matteo saw the boy in school again, he had a cast on his arm as well as what appeared to be a nearly faded bruise on his cheek. He felt sad, sad that this boy has been going through what he saw for who knows how long. Matteo knew what he had to do, so he went up to the councilors office and explained everything he saw and what happened. The woman had a look in her eyes that told him she understood what was going on. After that, Matteo never saw that boy again. He heard that the boy was taken away from his father and that his father was in prison for child abuse. Matteo admired what that woman did for the troubled boy and decided right then and there that one day he would help someone the way that woman did. He went on to study education and mathematics in college once he was out of high school. He even ran a club in college that is about all sorts of math, they would do tournaments and were always the winners. Throughout college, he studied Japanese because he was really determined to move to Karakura, Japan. He was still a bit of an amateur so once he was out of college, he worked as a teacher in Italy while working on learning this new language in his free time. After a few years, he was comfortable with the language and confident he would be able to move to Japan. So that's what he did. He booked tickets and did all the background work he needed to do in order to reside in Japan permanently and applied for the teacher position at Karakura High School. He's always looking out for those troubled kids in hopes that he can possibly help one of them get out of a bad situation. Matteo Ballerini is a kind man that strives to help others.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Matteo Ballerini
Title (Mr., Mrs., Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Matteo
Preferred Name: Mr. Ballerini

Age (Minimum is 27): 36
Religious Denomination: None.
Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Italian
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years)
: 7 years of experience

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): Education
Minors: Mathematics

Native Languages: Italian
Other Languages: English, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread