players online

glowss3 Doctor Application

OOC (Out Of Character) Information

➮Current In-Game Name (IGN) :
glowss3

➮What time zone are you in?:

PST aka Pacific Standard Time

➮Do you have Discord, if so what is it?:
Yes! I do have discord with a working mic, as I'm able to join vc’s when needed. It is Brookee#6846

➮Specify your activity on the server and how long you’ve been associating yourself on Roleplay Hub:
I would describe my activity on the server as very high. From a rating out of 10 I would say I am a 9/10. The reason it's not a 10/10 is only because every once in a while I am not able to log on because I am not at my household with my computer. When I am on the server I RP with different types of people, meaning I do not stand there AFK on the server. I do have 3 accounts in total, so I switch on and off them throughout the entire day. If I do become a hospital staff, I would make sure to be more active on that account to fulfill my job and hours/quotas that are needed. Overall, I have been associating myself with Roleplay Hub for about 8-9 months. Specifically I joined sometime in March. Ever since then, I have played as much as I could, experiencing new things and deciding how I want my characters to develop.

➮If you have any previous bans and or ongoing warnings, list them:
I do not have any previous bans. I do have a couple of warnings but most of them were for adding an emoticon in the icly chat when I was first starting out. Or using icly for oocly.

➮List and categorize your current and past applications:
Service Dog x1 [Accepted]
German Language x1 [Denied]
Spanish Language x1 [Accepted]
Hawaiian Language x1 [Accepted]
JSL x1 [Denied]
College x1 [Accepted]
Event Team x1 [Denied]
Journalist x1 [Accepted]
Multiple Item/vehicle requests [All Accepted]
Multiple Role requests [All Accepted]

➮What’s your motivation to apply for EMS, how will you benefit our medical team?:
My main motivation for applying to EMS is to expand my roleplaying experience. It would allow good character development and let me learn different aspects of detailrp/rp’ing in Karakura. Over the time, I have been in RP situations that required medical assistance. I proceeded to do the basic medicalrp and really enjoyed it. This is what generally makes me want to become an EMS. I like to say I’m a good at detailrp'ing and I think that I could use those skills on the job. I would like to add that I'm completely willing to learn everything about being a SchoolRP doctor!

Furthermore, on my main account [glowss] I visit the hospital on a daily basis and to say hello to some of my favorites. The one thing is, I have noticed that EMS are usually not on at night or during certain parts of the day. This has made me come to the conclusion that if I get accepted, I could be one of the few people that are on at night for those who don't play during the day! [And of course throughout the day] Overall, I found the hospital faction to be quite intriguing. They get to experience some of the things no other role could. To conclude, I know I could bring my outgoing personality and dedication to the SchoolRP medical team. I think that accepting me could be a good addition to the team!

➮What medical role are you applying for? (e.g. : Doctor, Nurse, Psychiatrist, Surgeon.):
I am applying for the Doctor role!

➮Specify your knowledge of the role you’re applying for?:
Doctors are very important in any type of community/economy. You can almost say they are the core of hospitals. Doctors do things from helping small cuts to saving someone from going into cardiac arrest. They are the ones who diagnose us with our illnesses and prescribe us medications to cure them. Specifically they go in different varieties of fields of study. Some of these may be biology, chemistry, and medicine. There are much more of course. Usually doctors do around 4+ years of college. The more college the better and higher degrees they get for their study. Furthermore, doctors have many responsibilities they take on with themselves and the people around them. They must make sure that they are keeping track of the patients they are being hands on with and even documents of these people.

I do know that when it comes to roleplaying you have to be alert and pay attention to details. You also have to detailrp your actions. This is to give the best experience for all. [Both the patient and yourself!]
To conclude, I would like to add a small snippet of a couple medical emergencies I am aware about. [This is not all, but for the information I don’t know, I am very willing to learn and study!]
  • Cardiac Arrest: If someone goes into cardiac arrest this is when the heart stops functioning and your breathing goes down. In this situation you would want to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation [CPR] This is to get the heart to start pumping more blood.
  • Unconsciousness: When someone is unconscious, this is when they are not responding and in a coma state. This can vary from a simple faint for a couple seconds to a coma that can last a consecutive amount of days. You may even notice that the pulse of the patient will go down. You would want to make sure they are getting enough oxygen and have the correct fluids needed for the bodily functions.
➮Are you aware of the basic color codes for medical emergencies? If so, specify all the ones you’re conscious of with their meanings.
Code Red-
A code red is called when there has been a fire spotted in the building. The correct precautions would be taken place, and if not handled with the simple fire extinguisher, authorities [Firefighters] would be called to deal with it.

Code Pink-
Code pink usually means that a small child or infant has gone missing. In some cases, could have been stolen by a hospital worker. The child was stolen without the permission of the parents.

Code Orange-
A code orange means some type of hazardous chemical/material or different bodily fluids have spilled in the facility. This could go from vomit to blood.

Code Yellow-
A code yellow, also may be known as an amber alert is when some sort of disaster is going on. This could be an incoming patient with serious injuries that needs to go into immediate care. Or a procedure going the opposite way it was supposed to be.

Code Green-
A code green is an emergency activation.

Code Blue-
A code blue is usually when there is a medical emergency that is happening in the building. Usually relating to someone going into cardiac arrest.

Code White-
A code white is when an emergency evacuation is needed. There could be many reasons for this, but one being a fire in the building. They would need to get all patients evacuated and out of the building before anything can happen!

Code Silver-
A code silver is called when there is an active shooter in the building or around the premises. Usually it's someone with a firearm. Patients must be put in lockdown to protect their lives not only the hospital staff. The authorities would be called to handle the situation. Once the area is clear and safe, everything would resume back to normal.

Code Brown-
A code brown is when there is severe weather incoming. Different precautions would be taken for how bad this weather is. If it's a simple rainstorm, or disaster like a tornado.

Code Black-
Code Black usually means there is a bomb threat. This could be from any sort of explosive device in/near the building. Similar to the code silver, patients would be put under lockdown for the authorities and bomb squad to either find/disable the explosive.

➮Do you take acknowledgement of the fact that if you’re inactive for a long period of time you will be demoted, and do you respect this fact?
Yes I do acknowledge the fact that if I am inactive for a long period of time I will be demoted. I respect this fact as if I am inactive I will be holding a space for a potentially active member of the hospital staff. If I need to be away for a long period of time, I will make sure to alert a higher-up.

➮Categorize all the EMS roles and specify what each of them does:
Head Physician
The Head Physician is the highest role in the hospital. They are responsible for the hospital and are the head of everything. They are to force the rules and are responsible for the payment. The role of Head Physician is to take responsibility for their section of the hospital as well as all the workers included.

Clinical Manager
Like the Head Physician, they are the second in command. They oversee their section and help the lower ranked. If the Head Physician is unavailable, the employees are to report to the Clinical Manager. They provide assistance to the Clinical Lead, as well.

Clinical Lead
Clinical Leads are the head of the lower ranked part of their section. Their main focus is their section, but they are also to train the newcomers and help them get adjusted to the way of the hospital.

Surgeon
Surgeons specify more with larger procedures that include amputating or transplants. They have a larger responsibility than doctors as they do harder, more precise jobs. Surgeons are also the main source of help during emergency cases.

Doctor
The doctors are the middle man, so to say. Doctors are the people who do less procedures than surgeons, but more than the nurses. Doctors diagnose and treat the diseases or conditions people may have. They also will prescribe the medications.

Nurse
Nurses are the helping hands to doctors and surgeons. They assist in some tasks involving doctors/surgeons, but they are perfectly capable of doing some tasks by themselves. A nurse doesn't do big operations on patients as they do the smaller things like cuts, sprains, and more. They are not allowed to prescribe any medication but they are allowed to give medication with the right prescription.

Psychiatrist
A psychiatrist deals with life and wellness assistance as well as substance abuse assistance. They work with the mental illnesses and problems the patients may have. Giving them therapy or different ways to cope things. Usually people go to psychiatrists to talk about things they may be going through. Or to get help about addictions and obsession's. Sometimes psychiatrists are there to also be a friend for you.

IC (In-Character) Information / knowledge

➮How does your character act during their shift and not during their shift?:

Both in shift and out of shift Machiko acts quite similar. This is because of how her personality is laid out. Specifically in shifts, she knows she needs to be professional and formal. On top of being proper, she is very well mannered with the occasional jokes. Machiko can be very patient and understanding amongst the public and her co-workers. Usually making small talk with those who are around her; unless needed of course. When she is working all of her focus is on the patients. She makes sure she is helping them in all ways needed and wanted. She also tends to double check everything. This meaning she doesn't want to mess up or forget anything.

Out of shift Machiko is not as serious as she would be on the job. She likes to goof around and sing! That doesn't stop her from being on the lookout for anyone needing help or medical attention. When out of work, she likes to hang out with friends and family.

➮Describe your character’s personality / personification in summary:
You could describe Machiko as a generous and cheerful person. When talking to her, she will always have a smile on her face giving all but honest responses. Generally, she would be laid back, and down to watch a movie all wrapped up in a blanket. One thing that stood out about Machiko was that she was very smart. Most of her answers were detailed in response and pure fact. She also is one to give her opinion whenever she wants on specific topics.

➮Describe your character’s appearance:
Machiko Taketa would be around 5’4 weighing 122lbs. When looking at her, you’d notice she has long legs with a small torso. Even though her torso was small, her arms were stocky. The overall build of Machiko was thin with muscular arms. Medium fair skin tone with admirable features. Her straight black hair would rest about the middle of her back with front bangs cut to almost cover her forehead. The light hazel eyes would sparkle in the sunlight, and at certain angles her jawline would really pop out.

➮Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgement to?

Machiko does not have any known or past mental/physical illnesses.

Character Background
➮(Make sure this biography / lore has 150+ words.)

Machiko Taketa was born April 17th, 1986 in Seoul South Korea. When she was a kid I guess you can say she got the short end of the straw. She was the oldest of 3 siblings. The middle child being Hanako Taketa and the youngest being Misaki Taketa. Because she was the oldest she never got as much attention as the other two would get from her mother and father. That never stopped her from doing the things she loved. Usually that would be hanging out in the outdoors or jump roping on the front porch of their home. Later at a young age, Machiko became very independent. She did a lot of things by herself, this would include teaching herself new things by reading or watching other people. She was only 6 years old when Machiko learned how to sew. Even though she was very young, she was quite mature. This maturity took her a long way. Over the years she began to sew more and more creating this big passion for it. All her clothes were made by her. Sometimes she would even make her siblings clothing. Sewing helped Machiko clear her mind and keep her occupied.

She was now 13 years old. This is when she went off to Karakura Japan. Once the family was settled down, she enrolled in a school called Karakura high school. This was her first ever big move making Machiko feel kind of distressed. Sewing started to get boring and new interests were available. The move was a lot on Machiko only because she was still quite young and it was a lot to take in. As the first few years at this new school were pretty rough, she did the best she could to fit in and make friends. Although, making friends isn't her strong suit, everyone she came across much adored her as there wasn't anything to not like about Machiko. At about 16 years old, Machiko started looking deeper in how the school functions. This included how teachers taught and how the nurses helped aid the students. She did this because of her curious mind. She wanted to learn. Learning was a specialty of her as she took in a lot of information and stored it somewhere in the head of hers.

It was about 17 years old when she knew she wanted to study the medical field. This was because she always enjoyed helping others. Helping others was kinda just her thing. This would go from helping a fellow classmate study to stopping what she was doing to pick up someones fallen books. When Machiko realized that being a doctor is what she wanted to do, she constantly study’d and would even practice on other people. It was almost like her life depended on it. When she turned 18 she was looking at the different college programs Karakura offered. She then went to college for an extensive amount of years to get her doctoral degree in medical science and medical technology. Some things she minored in were sociology, economics, and biology. In these classes she learned all the basics of medical and medicine. Upon finishing these college courses she finally decided it was time to apply for EMS in Karakura Japan. Everything after that is an open journal waiting to be written.

Section One: Personal Details

➮Characters Full Name:

Machiko Taketa

➮Characters Title (e.g., Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Dr. and Miss

➮Characters Given Name(s):
Machi

➮Characters Preferred Name:
Machiko or Machi

➮Characters Age:

➮Characters Gender:
Female Her/She