glyc1ne
glyc1ne
Omega+

OOC SECTION

What is your Minecraft username?:

glyc1ne

What is your time zone?:

PST

What is your discord username? (eg @muffincats)

planetsuperstaz

Link all previous applications you made on the server:

Chinese Language Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/glyc1nes-language-application.67978/ (ACCEPTED)

Serbian Language Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/glyc1nes-language-application.68144/ (ACCEPTED)

Russian Language Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/glyc1nes-language-application.69516/ (ACCEPTED)

Gaelic Language Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/glyc1nes-language-application.69635/ (ACCEPTED)

Third Language Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/glyc1nes-other-application.69362/ (ACCEPTED)

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:

Currently, on SRP I am fairly active except for the occasional thing that pops up on the weekend, as well as on Fridays. I get on normally around these hours to roleplay with my friends, or just to mess around and have some fun. As of recently, I have surrounded myself with people I genuinely enjoy roleplaying with, as why I am on quite often.

(Timetable regarding when I am usually seen online)

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
12 PM - 8 PM
4 PM - 8-9 PM
4 PM - 8-9 PM
4 PM - 8-9 PM
4 PM - 8-9 PM
4 PM - 5 PM
12 PM - 9-10 PM

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:

After a few months of being on SRP, I began to easily adapt to the commands and roleplay style of the server. I've enjoyed the different aspects of it, contrasting the different RP games I've played in the past. Currently, I am trying to gain more knowledge with GangRP as well as CrimeRP, as those are two types of roleplays that I don't normally engage in. Before SRP, I used to roleplay on Roblox often with friends, as that is where I gained the roleplay information I know and use now.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:

[Grade-12] Go Yumi

[Grade-12] Sidney C. Spencer

[Grade-10] Arabella A. Vasić

[Grade-10] Kavya Chéreau

What is the subject you want to teach?:

Botany

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

Taking the time and effort to plan out classes that people will enjoy excites me, especially if the students enjoy it. I would also love to be perceived well in the SRP community and share the ideas that I have for being a professor in SRP. Engaging in different school events as a professor would be interesting, as well as interacting with the other teachers and professors. Being able to express my love for botany, and teaching others while being a professor captivates me as a person.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:

1. Hands-on planting activities. I would want the students to delve into the ways of potting plants properly, as well as taking care of them. During this activity I would allow the students to choose a specific plant of their liking, letting them explain to me how this plant interacts with its environment and what it needs to be sustainable and thrive.

2. Plant Physiology, which is the physiology and functions of plants. During this class, I would hand out a worksheet asking what specific plants need to survive. I would show multiple diagrams explaining plant physiology, and how it works. Afterward, I would ask the students to explain what they learned based on the examples given.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:

I would take the students either to the Zen garden, or the forest to explore and interact with the nature in the area. I would ask the students questions regarding the plants surrounding us, asking questions such as 'Can anyone name this one plant here?' while pointing at a specific one. This class would allow the students to fully indulge themselves in observing plants and how they look in their natural habitats. I would hand out an assignment to observe the different plants, asking them to name what they saw about the plants physically.

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

''What's going on here?" Ms. Crombie would mumble, waving her hand and tsking at the group of students as she approached, a stern look plastered on her face.

Once she eventually approached the students, she would try to gain an understanding of what was going on and how the whole thing had happened from both sides. Due to the age gap between the college students and the jock, she would let the jock off the hook while giving a talking to the college students.

"Whether the situation was necessary or not, you are giving a bad look to other college students by harassing a high schooler. I expect better in the future from you, this was a very immature way to act." She would grumble, pulling out yellow slips that read 'DETENTION' across them. "Do what I ask of you, and you will be let off easily. If you do not, I will be speaking with your coach to negotiate other plans."

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?

Vanora took a moment to swipe a few strands of hair out of her face, grimacing at the student who kept on asking repetitive questions that seemed to have no relevance.
"Please refrain from asking questions that do not have relevance in detention. That said, if you have any important questions, please feel free to voice them."

She would say, heaving out a deep sigh as she continued to observe the students who were in detention during that given moment. If the student chose to continue with the questions, Vanora would speak to them after detention was over for an even more in-depth conversation.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?

Ms. Crombie would rub her temples at the sound of music disrupting the peaceful atmosphere of her classroom. "Girls, enough with the music before I confiscate your devices due to your interrupting." She would say, waving a hand at them with a scowl on her face as she continued her lesson. If the cheerleaders continued to disrupt the class, she would approach the girls and take away their phones for class time.

"You will get your phones at the end of class. This time, I am just giving you a warning. If this happens again, I will be very disappointed, and will look into further punishment options." She would say to the cheerleaders, a small frown on her face.

If the students complied, Vanora would retrace her steps and go over the lesson once more for them to follow, asking them questions in between.
If they did not comply, Vanora would ask them to come up to the board and write down the things she had gone over. It was a good way of making them remember and a slight punishment.

At the end of the class, Ms. Crombie would speak to them afterward to find the reasoning for their behavior.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?

On her daily walk with her dark black coffee, Ms. Crombie suddenly seemed to encounter a fight between a couple of students. Walking over at a fast pace, she spoke;

"AYE, ENOUGH OF THAT!" Her voice boomed throughout the area, hopefully startling the people engaged in the fight. Reaching her destination point, she would observe the students surrounding the fight scene. "All of you, continue with your day. Those involved, stay back so I can speak to you." The end of her sentence would be laced with venom as she mentally prepared herself to speak to the students. Each student involved would be spoken to civilly, allowing them to share their sides of the fight before deciding their ultimate punishment.

If medical involvement was needed, she would attempt to help in any way she could. If the injuries were severe, she would contact the school nurse for further examination.

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

Ah, here comes Vanora. The middle-aged Scottish woman stood at 5'6, long ginger hair framed her sleek facial structure and cascaded down her shoulders. Soft freckles dotted across her nose and cheeks from prolonged sun damage, adding a small bit of charisma to her appearance. Long earrings dangled from her ears, changing with every occasion and outfit she proudly wore. Her beaming expression always seemed to catch people's eyes in the hallways as she gracefully walked, hands behind her back. Her green eyes would peer back at them with curiosity as they spoke, always listening to whatever they had to say. Lingering behind her was a citrusy smell that couldn't be placed, yet was always found with her.

Vanora's plans for the future are clear, as she is set on continuing her path as a professor. Her bubbly personality always clashed with the students and other teachers, making her very easy to talk to due to the fact she always carried the conversation out when necessary. Giving out constant reassurance, only kind and well-thought-out words left Vanora's mouth.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

Vanora Crombie. A girl born in raised in Aberdeen, Scotland, she found a way to consume her free time with the nature that she constantly lived in. "Ah-Don't touch that..." Young Vanora would tease, curiosity lingering in her tone as she peered at the person attempting to touch a plant she knew was not meant to be touched. "That's stinging nettle," She would reply, her face beaming with the knowledge that she had learned throughout a short period. Vanora found solace in studying botany on her own at a young age, the urge to explore coursing throughout her veins.

During high school, her love for botany peaked. Her calm and collected home life eased her into easy teen years, giving her spare time to find the things she thoroughly enjoyed. After graduating with her high school diploma and attending the University of Glasgow for four years, she set off for a new place to spend her time. "I think Karakura looks beautiful..." Vanora would say to her mother as she held her bags in her hands, setting off to Japan. Embarking on a new journey.

Placing her first foot in Karakura, she knew this was where she wanted to spend the rest of her life. It was the year 2014, and everything was buzzing with new and upcoming technology. City lights shone under the night sky, her green eyes glimmering with excitement. After finishing the rest of her studies in Karakura, she decided she wanted to become a professor. She was determined to teach others about botany.

It was a rough start for her. She couldn't get into the aspect of having to teach full-time, so she became a substitute teacher to ease her way in. Depending on what she was asked to sub for, her mind expanded on the knowledge of different subjects she could teach. In the end, she was very set on botany.

Now, Vanora stands as a professor, sharing her knowledge with her students while holding open arms, using the same excitement she held as a young child.

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

Vanora Crombie

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Ms. Crombie

Given Name(s):

Vanora, Van, Nora

Preferred Name:

Vanora / Ms. Crombie

Gender & pronouns:

Female | She/Her

Religious Denomination:

Universalist

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

Scottish

Current Location:

Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

4 years

Working Experience (# of years):

3 years of substitute teaching
5 years of being a barista

Academic Degree:

PHD

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Courses: Ecology, Plant anatomy, and Plant diversity
School: University of Glasgow
Course length: 4 years

Minors:

Courses: Education
School: University of Glasgow
Course length: 4 years

Native Languages:

English (TECHNICALLY) and Gaelic

Other Languages:

Japanese

Preferred Teaching Subject:

Botany

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):

I hope you enjoyed reading through my application! <3

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread