players online

GnagRP's Maiden Application

Exbkis

Level 16
BACKW000DS
BACKW000DS
Notable
Shinsei Seinaru Monastery Staff Application
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:
GnagRP

DISCORD TAG: Casper<3#5603

PREVIOUS BANS:
I've been banned once for ERP, and I've been banned once for 4 warnings, and I've been banned once for Opressive Language, Which these were from a long time ago, I have learned my lesson, and I strive to do my best to be able to get this role, and I sincerely apologize for being banned, but I have truly learnt my lesson, and I will refrain from being banned again, no matter what, and I really will.

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
Yes I do, I rarely talk though cause my microphone seems to be of bad quality, but if needed I will speak.

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:
Shrine Maiden, also known as a Miko, And just Incase Miko spots are full Priest.

DISCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I'm very active, I'm normally on the server mostly on weekends, and I play for hours on ends, This is a good reasoning of why I would be a good fit for this role, as I can always be online at times when It is currently needed, and I can make extra hours if needed for the Shrine, as well I would rate myself on a scale to around 8/10 and on a weekend, most likely 10/10.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGON?
I currently have little knowledge, and I hope I can further my knowledge, as of currently I know, Shinto is polytheistic in that it would be believe in many gods and animistic since it would see animals and natural objects as deities, and the 3 main beliefs of Shintoism is Divination, water purification, and lustration at last, and I'm prepared to learn more about the Religion at any time, as I find Shintoism quite interesting, as well I've found that Shintoism is very important to Japanese culture, also Kami are the divine spirits or gods that would be recognized In Shinto, the native religion of Japan, also There is 8 million Kami, The major Kami would be Amaterasu-Ōmikami (天照大神) She is the godess of the sun, There are many more I could reference, but I'd reference this one for now, and as well Shinto revolves around the Kami, As well I've found that the Kami are worshipped at Kamidana household shrines, family shrines, and jinja public shrines, as from my research, the shrines are staffed by priests known as kannushi, The rituals done at these shrines are kagura dances and rites of passion, and this is my current knowledge, and I'd like to expand my knowledge more, I've found this information from research.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
What would make me stand out of this role is how dedicated I am to this, and I am very active, and will make sure that I do my best for this role as It is what I would dream of doing, or what I think would be possible for me to do this role, as I've studied, and I've got to learn a lot more about being a maiden of such, also I've been looking over the lore, and I think that there could be a possibility for me being a Maiden in the future, as I've also practiced on DetailRP, and as well I think I could get accepted on this application as I am quite confident of myself, and I'd love to be apart of this part of SchoolRP, and I do truly hope I get accepted.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:
Sijotaka S. Isumi

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?
I personally think that the Monastery is a great place, I'm recognized myself upon the building, and I've personally found that the Monastery is very beautiful as well as that It Is a respected place and I think of it daily, I make sure to visit it very often, I'd like to apply because simply I'd like to be around the place more often and I think that the monastery is a very lovely place, and I'd really want to learn more about the history, as currently I know a good amount, but I feel like there is more that I could learn.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:

I've found that the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, originally began construction on June 6th, 744. Originally I've found that the monastery served as a religious site for Buddhist Faith,
That was planned during the Nara period by the reigning Emperor named, Emperor Genmai, At the time. The monastery was built way before modern civilization or civilization in that certain area, The monastery was believed to be a more spiritual place, and the residing Kami of the Mountain is called Yama-No-Kami, The Monastery was near Mt.Daichi.
What is rumored amongst the site is that the previous or numerous fires, caused the gods that resided there to flee, only leaving one individual god, and that god was irritated from loneliness, all information is sourced from this document and from what I've been told. Here

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:

I was born on February 13th 1989, I was originally born as Sijotaka Shintake Isumi, But I go by "Sijo" now, I originate from Fujian, China. I had one brother, and one sister.
Their names are Yuhara K. Hatake, and another is named Koda Isumi, We lived a poor life, not having much food. Yuhara was my long lost brother that when I moved to Japan at 25 after getting my PHD In Xiamen University at the age of 23, I studied Japanese Culture, and I found out the language, I slowly learned the language, I still slightly struggle pronouncing some words, but I manage. When I was just 12 my step-mother was killed, and at that time my sister was quite young, I soon found our real mother, Her name was Beth Isumi, and we lived with her for some time, I moved out at 18, going to College at the age of 19, I'd make sure that I got perfect grades as I was taught to get perfect grades, Many
bad things happened in my childhood, I've done many things In Japan, I've practiced Shintoism in China originally but I soon moved to Japan to further my studies. When I moved, The first thing I did was buy myself a apartment, and I went to visit the Monastery, and I really have thought It was a beautiful place, and I found many things about it.
As I grew older, I started learning so much more about the religion It was such a lovely journey, I also learned a slight bit about Buddhism, But It hasn't peaked my interest so I stopped. I mostly focused on Shintoism as I've loved it a lot, I looked around the Monastery learning from where It had came from, I asked many maidens about it, and they told me as much info as I would need. I'd soon learn the landscape of the area, Learning so much. It was quite amazing, I have never dreamt of such knowledge like this before.
at the age of 32 I still continue to learn, and I've also learned what maidens have done, now after all that, Lets talk about my current life. I have recently purchased a nice car for
3 million yen, yes I know expensive, but I love it and It is a Pink Honda S2000, It looks very cool, Now lets talk about why I like the Shrine, which I can cover that It is quite lovely, and I really do like the Shrine, Many times have I visited, I'm still slightly new onto what Maidens do and all, but I still manage, I'd love to really learn more about this religion, and I really do try hard to learn.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Dear Monastery Lead.

I have decided to apply for this job because I'd love to be apart of the Monastery staff team as well as I think the Shrine is quite beautiful, I've read a decent amount of documents about the area, and I really do love it, and I hope you are having a lovely day or night whenever you may be getting this letter, I really think that I am qualified for this role, and I think I could be a good staff member If I try hard enough, I really do you hope you will accept this application as It would really make me happy, as I really do enjoy being around the Shrine, and I do think I could do a great job, and I am very confident in myself, and I wish you a lovely night or day or evening whenever you get this message or wherever you are currently residing.

Sincerely, Sijotaka Isumi

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

The first thing you must do Is cleanse your hands, Than you'd proceed to go up the stairs to bow to the Torii, The last thing you must do is make sure you'd walk take a step left, or right, as this would show gratitude towards the shrine, This would also allow the Kami to walk through the middle of you, I was taught this by one of the Miko's.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
You'd first walk up to the offering box, after that you'd drop in your amount of money which would be a 100y coin, Than you'd proceed to raise your hand ringing the bell, before bowing twice, and than you'd clap twice, recite your small prayer, before bowing again finishing it off.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
The job of a priest is to ensure that the satisfaction of the relationship between the Kami and the Worshiper through offerings, or evocation of the Kami, and meditation to the Deity's blessing to the Kami, The job of a Miko is to to perform tasks such as sacred cleaning, or the sacred dance, They also talk to people as well, They take care of gardens as well, They mostly help around with the shrine, and I've sourced this info from a Miko.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
The parents of the child must first be qualified for the requirements that are available, The following requirements are that boys must be at least 31 months of age, and said girl shall be 33 months of age, Once said time period is up, parents shall return, A Priest or a Miko shall bless the child, and shall wish them with good health and happiness as they grow older, then we come to the Miyamairi, Which this section that the Priest or Maiden also known as a Miko would say baby's name, and then the names of the parental figures and more family members, also along with the baby's adress, and at last the baby's date of birth all in a small prayer, I have sourced this knowledge from a Miko while at the shrine, after that the baby's parental figures must walk to the altar bowing before bowing in a single file line, giving tamagotchis as a gift.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

I'd first tell them about the Main Belief of Shintoism which would be the worship of Kami, I'd tell them that Shintoism is devoted to Spiritual Beings and powers called kami,
Than I'd tell them that Shinto is a polytheistic culture, Based In Japan, and Nature and God are seen as one, as well I'd tell them that the virtue of Shintoism is Jyoumei Seichoku.
I'd tell them that death is viewed upon negatively in the Shintoism religion, I'd also tell them about which Kami currently resides at the monastery, which would be Yama-No-Kami.
I'd also teach them about offerings of such, and how the ritual shall be done, I'd explain in depth telling them to drop the 100y coin into the offerings box, before ringing the bell, and than to bow twice, clap twice, and recite a small prayer, I've researched all of this information out.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship? Sijotaka would personally worship the Yama-No-Kami.

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED

Thank you so much for applying but we have decided to deny your application for this time. Feel free to
reapply again at any time!​

Users who are viewing this thread