Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
IGN:
gncme - main
vincenoli - alt

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
gncme#4317

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do have a microphone and can usually speak.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
My time zone is GMT+4 and my place of residence is Dubai, UAE

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I recognize and understand that I can be removed from the community team at any given moment for any reason.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
School-related things are usually filling my schedule. However, as we approach the end of the school year, I can’t see anything else obstructing my progress during summer break except for a 1-2 week vacation. The only thing that I can think of would be my parents.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
The thing that makes me passionate about writing is that I get to express myself. My thoughts, opinions, and ideas come into life with words. I would form my opinions into words and jot them down in a notebook as a way of expressing myself. My imagination and ideas have the same effect. A thought in the back of my mind could be formed into a story, which is what I usually do with my roleplay situations. Silly little actions or life-changing dialogues come into my mind all the time and writing them is what makes it fun. Creative writing allows me to write what’s on my mind.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I’ve written my own character’s lore along with suggesting other lore for my friends’ characters. I mention this because several people have commented that some of my characters have interesting personalities and are so mysterious with their backgrounds, giving me an idea that I am capable of writing satisfying rational lore. As for creative writing in general, I have not signed up for any writing competition simply because my school hasn’t hosted any. I only write on my own during my free time and any assignments that are given to write a narrative, I enjoy doing them.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the background of a certain character, place, time period, or any noun. It is the history and the explanation of why something is the way it is currently. Lore can be made up of stories, anecdotes, long paragraphs, and anything that can explain and elaborate the history of something.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The Parent-Teacher Conference

Katsuhito crossed his arms, pouting at the situation he was stuck in. The cheerleader and his parents were in the center of the school's overcrowded gym, surrounded by other students and their parents in lines, waiting for their turns to talk to the school's staff. Commotion filled the hall as adults and elderly enquired about their children's accomplishments during the school year. It’s the annual parent-teacher conference, and Katsuhito did not enjoy this year's as both of his parents were attending. Not only that, but he also recently got into a physical fight with his ex-boyfriend and was accused of being a manipulator. Shiroi led his fiancé to the dean's line when he noticed his son slacking behind, refusing to abide him.

"Katsuhito, stand. NOW." He summoned him with a stern voice. Fearful of his father, Katsuhito scurried to stand behind the two, fretting about the outcome of the evening. Suspense built up inside him as they stepped forward every few minutes, knowing that his doom was approaching.

"Can we finish this quickly and then go home?" He asked one last time, wishing they change their minds.

"That is if your grades and marks are good." Kanna's silence broke, finally speaking.

"I'll see if you're lying to me or not."

"I promise you; I am doing great at school."

"That isn't what your Master's grade was saying." She narrowed her eyes at her son, glowering.

"I got second place in that exam!"

Their bickering was interrupted by Iwao, waiting for them to take a seat. There were only two chairs placed in front of the dean's desk. Unlike most students who had one parent arrive to the conference, Katsuhito had both parents, making him stand out from all the other students. Being the well-mannered son he is, he offered a seat for his father, who decided to remain standing.

"I insist." He said in an attempt to defuse the tension between him and Shiroi.

"No, sit down. We don't have time for this."

Reluctant, he took the seat with a discomfiting look on his face. Iwao scanned his brother's chaotic family, nodding his head with a grin creeping onto his face. "Ah yes, Katsuhito." He began to dig through the documents that sat on the desk before retrieving a paper that had Katsuhito's name as its title, imprinted in bold. The dean scanned the document before returning his gaze to the family. "Well, Katsuhito is immature. He's failing all his classes and never pays attention to any of his professors." His grin faded away as he said that in the most nonchalant tone ever heard. The three of them dropped their jaws at Iwao. Shiroi and Kanna turned to glare at their son, who disappointed them immensely. "Just kidding!" He exclaimed cheerfully in an endeavor to lift the dull mood he created. "He has been doing great in his classes. He attends most of the classes, and many professors speak good of him."

Kanna smirked at herself, relishing the fact that she is a good mother after all. Now that her concerns have been eradicated, there is nothing to be afraid of. Similar to Kanna, Shiroi was satisfied with his son’s accomplishments. He spotted his family members struggling with their children. Kurokawa was arguing with his daughter in uproarious Korean, while "Mike" was accompanied by an entourage of people. "Nothing could go wrong." The couple beamed at each other, nodding their heads as they thought the same. Katsuhito was relieved, certain of himself now that he won't be in trouble, he smiled. "Akira is here. We should go to his line!" Kanna exclaimed as she recognized her brother sitting at one of the desks. Katsuhito nodded in agreement. However, that was a grave mistake as Akira had loads to unpack about his problem-causing nephew…

~640 words

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

The Dock and the Two Sisters

While tales about the serene forest being infested with mystical creatures and the filthy sewers haunted by ghouls of the past travel between people, nobody ever mentions the mysteries of the beach. Within the sandy shores of Karakura lies an ancient stone dock, east of the city, unused and forgotten by all. The tale of the dock is unknown to many, for it is a lamentable reason. Far before any ship or boat had the fancy machinery we know of today, the place was an epicenter of all ships that arrived and departed the small town of Karakura. It was the town's only route to connect to the outer world, making it a hotspot for people to trade and bargain.

An honored merchant would regularly visit the dock with his two daughters, Nishi and Nami. Nami, the youngest, would aid her father with his trading, while Nishi, the eldest, would stand off to the side as her father did not allow her because of her lack of expertise. The youngest was revered for her beautiful long black hair and the cheerful personality that everyone adored. The eldest was nothing like her, making her irrelevant in the eyes of Karakurian society. Whenever she attempted to help her sister and father, the latter would turn her down. As the years passed and the two grew older, Nishi despised her father and envied her younger sister for being her father's favorite. She argued why she is brought down to the docks if she couldn't help. Her father would avoid the question, turning her down and ignoring her.

Filled with anger and jealousy, Nishi formed a plan in her head. She visited her sister one night, informing her that her father commanded both of them to go down to the docks and collect barrels that were forgotten during the day. Naïve as ever, Nami simply followed her younger sister down to the docks in the darkness of the night. She pointed out the bright full moon in the sky, smiling the innocent smile that made everyone proud of her. Nishi loathed that smile, the smile that caused her hell all these years. As they approached the docks, the younger mentioned that she wanted to admire the stars before they return home. The eldest allowed her, smirking to herself as she pulled out a dagger. Nami stood at the edge of the dock, pointing her finger at the moon and smiling at it, unaware of the wicked sister she had. A moment later, her face drained of its life as her soul left her body, never to return. Nami was no longer in the world of the living due to her sister betraying her with a dagger. Her body collapsed onto the ground with Nishi towering over it, curling her lips into a Cheshire cat smile. Nishi disposed of the dagger by throwing it into the deep water underneath the dock and hurriedly returned home, leaving her sister's lifeless body.

The following day, news of the death of Nami traveled quickly between the people of Karakura. Her body was found by an elderly lady strolling down the beach early that morning. The people mourned the loss of one of their town's pride. Everyone in town visited the family, paying their respects. Nishi was filled with even more jealousy as she saw everyone's reactions to her sister. "I am supposed to be the one they look at!" She always thought.

Every day, for the rest of the month, people would head down to the docks to mourn Nami's death. Struck with curiosity as to what they were doing, Nishi followed them one day. A portrait of Nami was placed on a table surrounded by flowers from all over the island. Nishi's face drained of its color, not from the portrait, but from the image of her lost sister standing off to the side, glaring at her. Nishi shrieked, pointing at the ghost of Nami to which everyone turned their heads in the direction of her finger. However, nothing would be there. She fell to her knees, bowing to the figure she glimpsed. "I apologize dear sister! I apologize! I did not mean to!" She cried. A crowd of people surrounded Nishi, grabbing her after she confessed. "The Sister-Murderer" was the nickname given to her and was thrown into a dungeon.

The docks were left clear as a symbol of respect to Nami. Over the years, people forgot about the horrific tale and avoided the place. The place would be filled with vegetation and lush plants with a small creek pouring into the ocean. Rumors would spread among people claiming that they see the figure of a strange girl with black hair standing at the edge of the docks, looking up at the moon.

~797 words

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread