Markus Sentryon

Level 13
_Dio_Over_heaven
_Dio_Over_heaven
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: __Saturo_Gojo_
What's the title of your suggestion?: Go fund me of some sort

What's your suggestion?:
I think this is a very interesting idea: if SchoolRP receives a set amount of money—for example, $1,000 in donations—it could significantly expand the map, It would be diffrent then normal game updates.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
More Content and ustained Development It would give the owner more reason to add extra content In a faster amount of time.

Arocatula

Level 197
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
We already have a way of making the owner money by buying in-game stuff like Fundraiser+ or new characters, I don't find a use or reason to have a whole GoFundMe for development and map expansions.

Ruin

Level 119
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
guys can we just get special permission (a pretty please) from the japanese government and make one of the islands into a real life karakura (funded by erik because 85% of us are unemployed)

Leo_14

Level 33
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
guys can we just get special permission (a pretty please) from the japanese government and make one of the islands into a real life karakura (funded by erik because 85% of us are unemployed)
Let's not talk about people like that, assuming they will buy stuff for us. They are their own person.

Kana

Level 133
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
you think theres not enough money for a new map? there's definitely enough money, they just dont want one.

GreenWitchLys1

Level 1
GreenWitchLys
GreenWitchLys
Rich
The issue isn't the amount of money being generated. I think the issue is the money isn't being used to compensate developers properly. And if they are being compensated, I would assume it's not enough compared to the work load seeing as there are a lot of bugs and issues. Not only that but I don't think there is enough developers to keep up with the server due to its size. But, these are all assumptions! I could be totally wrong, regardless I'm grateful for those who are working diligently to keep the server running.

ny00m

Level 29
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
-1 kimi probably already has like a mil sitting on his bank account (obviously exaggeration, I know there's server upkeep costs and taxes and whatnot)

Either way money's not the issue, it's the fact that there's no plans to expand the map or really do any other "major updates" like the ones you'd get for a video game that's in development. SRP is not a video game, it's a Minecraft server. And major additions aren't really even sustainable with how much Minecraft itself struggles to run what we already have on the server.

I don't know how many developers we have, but I doubt it's many. I don't know if they get paid, even, but I hope so? The main priority right now is probably to deal with bugs rather than adding huge new features.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- We already plan to upgrade the map, however expansions are currently not planned.​

Users who are viewing this thread