mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Governor | Needle's Application

needle

Level 45
PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:
GuerillaRadio (neckdeeplover, Blutwurzel, schreu)

Previous bans (include appeal links): None.

Discord Tag: ndl#0145

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.

Timezone & Country: MST, Canada.

Links to any current & past applications:
[DENIED] Shop-owner Application - 2019
[ACCEPTED] KPD Application - 2020
[DENIED] College Application - 2020
[ACCEPTED] Nurse Application - 2021
[ACCEPTED] Reporter Application - 2021
[ACCEPTED] Doctor Application - 2021
[ACCEPTED] BMD Application - 2022
[REMOVED] Governor Application - 2022
[DENIED] KPD Application - 2022

Describe your activity on the server:
I am consistently active, though likely not on all accounts at once. My motivation often gets in the way of this, as I’ll frequently only log on to the characters that I have an interest in developing. It’s nothing to worry about though, all of my characters have stable ongoing stories and I develop them very often. I'm also fairly active within the community. I read and interact with a lot of forum posts and the discords, and I currently am not part of any faction other than a sports team.

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
Governor.

What is your motivation for applying?:
This time, my motivation is almost purely character-related. I do think I’m as suitable for this position out-of-character as much as I am with the character. The governor role has had my eye for the time that this character has been around. This year, I haven’t had very many good experiences with factions as my history can tell you. I left the hospital faction just a while after being accepted because I just didn’t find it consistently enjoyable, then was relinquished from my spot as a black-market dealer only three weeks into being one.
In my character's canon lore, she is a government official in a large Japanese city that becomes overrun with criminal uprisings and the threat of violent anarchy groups that involve my other characters. I want to see myself as a governor as a means of reflecting that, because SRP's atmosphere is extremely similar to the world I built my character for. I’ve weighed options for multiple application waves and even let the last one go because I wanted to be completely sure. I removed my previous application both out of fear of it getting accepted and denied because I had no idea if I was prepared for the position in the situation that I was accepted. I don't want to go through the process of getting a role that I can't handle. I do think I’ll be good at this; I have ideas and a lot of inspiration that I’d like to put reign on.
That’s not all, I also want to help build a community within the government faction, because I don't often see members of it interacting with each other outside of trials. Finally, the government faction isn't one I’ve been majorly a part of since the reporters were split from it, and I’d just like to experience something new.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I practiced enforcing them back in 2020 when they were just young. Since then, I’ve fallen out of the loop, but I have read up on forum posts in the meantime. I understand the laws and will brush up on my knowledge of them daily if I am chosen for this position.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
My character (somewhat surprisingly) doesn't have a lot of proposals on the topic of crime, other than the suggestion of a system that protects and attempts to rehabilitate youth offenders. She hopes to focus on the latter, as well as assisting the coordination of Karakura's establishments, like the police force, school, and every other minor aspect of the city. In her perfect world, each of those factions represents themselves in front of the roster of government officials to speak on matters that affect their departments. They'd also have the opportunity to offer a representative to sit with a committee, with the same purpose as the aforementioned. Tozen wishes to play a major part in the rekindling of the economy, after the masses of inflation over the past few years, because it has directly affected her as a shop owner.
My personal goals for the faction include the following, and I also hope to contribute to a lot more than just these three
  • Engage members of the government faction in frequent roleplay within their employment & departments.. even outside of them
  • Enhance support for political campaigns and help implement specialized parties for Karakura, not just during elections
  • Discuss ideas with other government faction members on the topic of miscellaneous subjects in spaced-out meetings with members of other factions that the topic adheres to

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
Governors are guides to the city as well as influential political figures. They are a step down from the Deputy-Mayor position, which means that any governor can strengthen their democratic authority if a spot is open. As for what a governor does, they are often seated at the “town hall” to issue IDs and answer questions, but they also have a presence in the courtroom as overseers, and act as bailiffs.
But I’d also like to see governors utilized as a city council, and I’ve been vehement on this for the longest time. I have no idea if this was already a plan but I want to see governors gather bi-weekly in private to discuss matters of the city, and each represent a faction for their meeting. They can talk to citizens prior and bring ideas for new laws to the table based on what they've gathered.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I do.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
I do.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Yes.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I’ll be present at gatherings related to the faction if I’m available.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:
Tozen Akihito

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.): Ms. Akihito

Current age: 36

Date of birth: May 12, 1986

Academic Degree: Masters.

Major(s): Finance.

Minor(s): Fine arts, mathematics, global studies, political & religious studies.

Work experience:
Subtitler - Karakura, Japan from 2005 to 2007
Jr. Translator - Liverpool, England from 2008 to 2013
Legal Interpreter - Athens, Greece from 2014 to 2017
Flora Bust Shopkeeper - Karakura, Japan from 2021 to 2022

Political background:
In high school, Tozen Akihito got involved with multiple campaigns of different parties and also used a lot of her allowance on donations towards their causes. This made her name popular among political parties, however, it was clear that she favored one over the rest.
She was also the financial manager for a municipal Social Democratic Party campaign in 2006 and previously put in an ungodly amount of hours as a manager of a Greek political association. Tozen founded a fund for women’s rights in Athens when she lived there, which shortly became a movement of its own, gaining thousands of followers whose protests made headlines.
Tozen always had a mind to pay to the political matters in the many places she lived and frequently made a dent where she tried to.

Nationality & born location: Native to Japan, born in Karakura.

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, Greek, English. Tozen remained fluent in Greek as a means of connecting with her daughter, whose father strictly spoke to her in Greek.

Criminal record: None.

What makes you a good candidate for this job?:
I’m often remarked on about my care for the things that I find myself attached to. My well-rounded opinions and skills in both teamwork and leadership catch the eyes of many. My devotion, specifically to this town is majorly what I think sets me apart from others. Flora Bust is a good example of my dedication, I've had a passion for floriography and gardening since I was a child and used that establishment as a way to project my skills. And my efforts in Greece are something of which I’ve always been quite proud, and I often use them as a marker of my ability. Even my attempts in Karakura when I was a young woman showed promise, I was working with what I had. There is a lengthy list of experience I have in politics as well as general leadership. I also understand laws and the way that foreign constitutions are built because of my experience in interpreting them.
Though I’ve been all over the world, Karakura has always been a place I’ve wanted to see a change, it's just that I thought I was too afraid to try because I didn’t want to raise my daughter in a city that I tried to run from. But now I’d rather try to be the one to fix it because I want my daughter to be like that too.

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, unfortunately I've decided to DENY this application

Your application was great, unfortunately we decided that others stood out a little more to us. We greatly encourage you to re-apply when more spots become available!

Users who are viewing this thread