Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
IGN: nylu

DATE: 9/19/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
The new grab command is cool! Don't get me wrong, I love it. But with it, I believe a few things are now too over-complicated. I think that some new limitations should be added in order to fix this command as well as make it better for the server to use.

#1: The command should have a range limit of one block. When grabbing someone, your character has to be in range to do so. The range for fists is one block according to the weapon profile thread. But in Minecraft, we all have a range of around 3 blocks. I was testing with a friend earlier and saw that I was indeed able to grab them from about 2-3 blocks away.

#2: The option to just action the grab as well should be given. This command will be really iffy to use during chases especially due to the fact that not everyone can just use a hotkey. It shouldn't be made so that everyone is forced to download a client for hotkeys in my opinion.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This command is cool and all, don't get me wrong. But this command has so many issues that are already beginning to pop up. Especially because we have to use this command. I say have to because I don't see why this command would be created if we don't need to use it. If we don't need to use it then no one would use it. Since there's a chance that your grab will fail, a lot of people won't use this command since they don't want their grab to fail. I do not know what the odds are with this VS rolling, but it was much harder for me to use /grab since my attempts failed most of the time VS me just traditionally rolling.

In addition to that, staff are still going to get many reports of people failrping even IF they grabbed since the range is 1 block ICLY but oocly, we can reach 3 blocks.

I am not saying that this command needs to be removed! I think it's a nice addition. However, I believe some things should be changed!

- nylu

No further response is needed, this was already solved!

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 167
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+

The range limit exists... And if we'd provide the option to just do the action the point of it would be lost. The command exists because the 'range' is too complicated and client sided. Just showing an action could just be a keybind and the issue we had before is back.

zegevlier

Level 23
Community Team
Developer

Tippie said it perfectly. Having both systems would only make it more complicated.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

The range limit exists... And if we'd provide the option to just do the action the point of it would be lost. The command exists because the 'range' is too complicated and client sided. Just showing an action could just be a keybind and the issue we had before is back.
I see...

Perhaps the range depends on how much a person is lagging. I found myself able to grab someone from 2 blocks away though it should've been one. If the range does exist, then there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks for replying!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
de new what now, my suggestion got added?
There is a new /grab command that allows you to grab someone! When you do the command, you have 5 seconds to click on someone or it fails. And when clicking on someone, there's a chance that the grab fails.

ParentVibez

Level 191
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
There is a new /grab command that allows you to grab someone! When you do the command, you have 5 seconds to click on someone or it fails. And when clicking on someone, there's a chance that the grab fails
hell yeah!!!

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
I've recently implemented a command that allows you to do this, it has a 50/50 chance of grabbing the user (essentially the same as rolling). This isn't mandatory at the moment, however it's encouraged to prove that you successfully grabbed the player/were in range.

Users who are viewing this thread