players online

Greenie Guide

LanceP

Level 1
LanceP
LanceP
Notable
Hello!

I am writing this guide as a new character who had came across a lot of times where I had to scrounge the forums or find out things myself, and realizing that there aren't that many guides for the actual aspects of being a greenie, so here is some of the things I came across that confused me, and how I overcame those things.

Names

Starting off, you need to have a good skin, but more important than that, is having a matching name. Schoolrp is based off of a small town in Japan, so you have to line your character up with a way to be in that town, or be born Japanese.(/rpname to set your name.)
Bad name examples: Alex Strong
Evan Stevens,
or even just your username. (A common mistake)

Good name example:

Utsumi Naohiro
Jinnouchi Hisaki
Fujiyama Masazumi

If you have trouble coming up with a name on your own, Use this webpage to generate one.

[/SPOILER]

Skins

Skin, along with your name is one of the first things players will see, and even though people say they won't judge a book by its cover, they will subconsciously. You're already been placed poorly as a "Greenie" (Meaning, new player, with a green grade tag (grade7-9) So, you need to have a skin that will stand out.

A good place to find skins, if you don't have one already, is NameMC
There are also Tailors, who you can pay either in game currency, or commissions to make you a skin.

Skin guides have been covered a lot more in depth by other forums posts, so here is one of them.
Chibyy's

Description

Description (/setdesc) is another thing people will use to determine if they want to interact with you or not.
You want to describe your character's appearance and a defining characteristic, in a detailed text.

Bad examples:
hi i am 6'8 and very tall and strong hi its nice to meet you

Hi i am known as (name) and my height is 5'2 in real life but in game I am 5'6

PLEASE BE FREINDS WITH ME

Good examples:
Infront of you was a tall figure, with a short cut brown hair. His hands were resting in his pockets, as he looked down at you slightly. You could guess he was around 6'3.

A man stood infront of you, around 6'4, As you tilted your head up to look at him, he had jet black hair, in sections, matching his eyes. He spoke slowly, and confidently, with a French accent. It was clear he wasn't perfect with his Japanese, but he was trying.

A small girl looked up at you with a smile as you approached her, her hair was silvery gray, almost shining like metal, matching with her outfit, a simple black hoodie, and pair of baggy jeans.

Food

A big problem that you're going to come across, is that you will quickly run out of the two starter apples you are given. The easiest way is to go to the vending machine, and buy the "marshmallow snacks" for 100¥. Don't sprint jump until you can easily afford more food, and if you need to, you can ask people using /ooc (msg)

Money

Money on this server is Yen, not dollars, because we are in Japan. To think of prices, think of each 100 yen as one USD or Euro, and that's roughly the conversion rate.
You are given an allowance every 30 minutes of playtime between 500 and 1k yen depending on your Grade (more on that later) and you are also given money from /vote, and /namemcverify.

The only other way (as a greenie) to really make money outside of that, is to Fish. You can fish at the Beach (1440, 1400), and at the fishing pond (1940, 830) (or anywhere there is water, but there are npcs and rods for sale there.)

Cell Phones

Phones are a big question. The only way to obtain them is from Auction house (behind spawn) player trades (BE WARY OF SCAMS) or player ran stores (which open rarely.)
Flip phones are 9-10k at a player ran store, and 20-30k on the Auction House.

You will struggle to find one, and will struggle to get one, but eventually you will get one.

Use /phonenumber to get your number, to give to other people.

Phone commands are Here

Times

School gates open at 7:30, and you are required to be on school grounds at 8:30 (mon-fri) to 3pm.

Each OOC minute is 4 minutes in game (Roughly) , so multiply by 4x to find any form of times.

Weekends are also free.

Houses

Homes are only available to be OWNED by staff, however as a student you can rent them.
To find open to rent apartments, go to the Estate Agent (1780 1350) and they will give you coordinates.

I'll add more edits later!
Peace​

Users who are viewing this thread