greenies.

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
i love how yesterday there was a greenie who asked oocly to do a ddlc roleplay.

ISTG greenies.
PLEASE EVERYONE , OPINION ON GREENIES ?!
____
Im editing this because someone won't understand : i don't use ''greenies'' as an insult , and i never meant to make fun of them thru this message , i sometimes even call myself a greenie when i first play games so just know that I USE THEM AS A NICKNAME and not as insult like most of the people do. to anyone thinking that i hate greenies : i dont. here im talking about ANNOYING and TROLLS greenies , because a lot of them are valid. ty

Last edited:

altarlamb

Level 21
altarlamb
altarlamb
Rich
i think greenies are wholesome ! they make a lot
of mistakes , but that's a granted since we all start
somewhere . theres cases were greenies are a little
annoying, for instance when they are negligent of
the rules / disruptive of rp but i do believe that the
majority of greenies join srp with the intention of
learning how to become a typical member of our
community . all they need is guidance , afterall
greenies are the future of srp ( plus greenies have
some funny interactions , so theres that . . . .. . )
+1 for our greenbeans of karakura

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Greenies are scary, they remind me of the animatronics in fnaf idk whu

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I won't call them greenies,I'd say stop calling new players greenies and laughing on them

Instead of using it as a swear, remember YOU was a new player as well, and just teach them how to rp.

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
im just neutral with them , and some of em are really valid like kira etsuko

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
i love how yesterday there was a greenie who asked oocly to do a ddlc roleplay.

ISTG greenies.
PLEASE EVERYONE , OPINION ON GREENIES ?!
A lot of greenies are fantastic writers looking for a creative outpost and it’s a shame they’re so commonly ostracized within regular old interactions or completely disregarded and avoided. I will take a silly little greenie over a 7’5 Grade 12 gangrper any day of the week amen

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
Greenies are scary, they remind me of the animatronics in fnaf idk

A lot of greenies are fantastic writers looking for a creative outpost and it’s a shame they’re so commonly ostracized within regular old interactions or completely disregarded and avoided. I will take a silly little greenie over a 7’5 Grade 12 gangrper any day of the week amen
WELL gangrpers are worse than greenies imo , not all of them but the most

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
I won't call them greenies,I'd say stop calling new players greenies and laughing on them

Instead of using it as a swear, remember YOU was a new player as well, and just teach them how to rp.
i never said i used greenies as insult ?

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
i just dont like when they start erping ( saw some ) or just be annoying. but some greenies are really valid

yazure

Level 32
Community Team
Builder
yazure
yazure
Notable
not greenies related but your profile is so cute help

dorian

Level 11
hotwiring
hotwiring
Rich
WELL gangrpers are worse than greenies imo , not all of them but the most
I dont think it’s a matter of who’s “worse”, I think that’s something subjective and you can’t exactly boil two large groups of roleplayers down into firm descriptions like that

But yeah greenies are fun to interact with, whether they’re a setage greenie or not. I think there should be a vastly larger population of greenie ocs, considering how weird it is to think that like 70% of a town is comprised up of 18 year olds and we just have to nod along and agree

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I won't call them greenies, I'd say stop calling new players greenies and laughing on them

I think it's unfathomably cringe to call new players "greenies." Not only does it sound immature, it's used to the extent where it's basically a discriminatory slur. When the term first started being used on SRP I thought others would think the same, but it unfortunately stuck and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I hate seeing this. People just blow off every person who hasn't reached grade-12 or commissioned a custom tailored SRP shaded skin, oftentimes straight up ignoring them entirely. It's almost as though we're trying to turn away new players by showing every new person how toxic and unwelcoming our community is. Genuinely, I'm surprised staff hasn't said anything about it.

I actively expose myself to dozens of new players on a regular basis as a teacher, and from my experience I can confidently claim that newer players are much more interesting to roleplay with than the older ones. Of course, many newer players aren't knowledgeable of rules or aren't as well-written as our veteran players, but more often do I see them actually engaging themselves in roleplay and actively contributing to it.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
Just yesterday I seen a group of new players. They were so adorable wearing matching uniforms with different color ties. Someone beat me to adopting them >:[. Other than that, lately all I do is help new players with food and directions or simply being their friend. You get to a point where calling them a “greenie” or getting frustrated with their way of roleplay becomes tiresome and just go with the flow. At the end of the day everyone is here to roleplay and have fun. Just give them a chance and see how it goes and if you don’t like it you can kindly tell them what’s bothering you.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I think it's unfathomably cringe to call new players "greenies." Not only does it sound immature, it's used to the extent where it's basically a discriminatory slur. When the term first started being used on SRP I thought others would think the same, but it unfortunately stuck and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
expect just stopping calling them this
I totally agree with u ngl

altarlamb

Level 21
altarlamb
altarlamb
Rich
i just dont like when they start erping ( saw some ) or just be annoying. but some greenies are really valid
oh yeah ! ! for sure that's really icky , but i think they kinda fall into the 'griefer'
territory , well in my opinion atleast ! ! i like to believe the majority don't phew
not greenies related but your profile is so cute help
૮꒰ ⸝⸝ ◞ ˬ ◟ ꒱ა awawawa tysm ! ! !

Kana

Level 129
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
This, it isn't and shouldn't be trendy to bully new players out of enjoying the game. When I joined SRP, I was extremely welcomed, I literally found my rp circle from the very second I spawned in (they were in front of me.)... Now, I've experimented with playing with new accounts, people just avoid and make fun of you as a new player. How is that ever going to help them learn to RP? As others have stated, greenie is used nowadays as a discriminatory term, I prefer the use of the word green-tags and ONLY when referring to rules limited to specifically those with a green tag. Not to stereotype them, not to make fun of them, and not to harass them. It's crazy how many of these players forget that they themselves were discriminated against in this way when they first joined, and that doesn't make it okay to do to the other new players.

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Don't even get me started on the talented greenies, the ones how to properly RP.
They must be thinking that they're being so cool and unique by making they age 15,
wow! everybody thinks you're cool, epic, and super quirky, we'll always be your friends!...
SHUT THE FUCK UP!
I hope you're reading this, talented greenies, nobody thinks you're being revolutionary and ground-breaking.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
This, it isn't and shouldn't be trendy to bully new players out of enjoying the game. When I joined SRP, I was extremely welcomed, I literally found my rp circle from the very second I spawned in (they were in front of me.)... Now, I've experimented with playing with new accounts, people just avoid and make fun of you as a new player. How is that ever going to help them learn to RP? As others have stated, greenie is used nowadays as a discriminatory term, I prefer the use of the word green-tags and ONLY when referring to rules limited to specifically those with a green tag. Not to stereotype them, not to make fun of them, and not to harass them. It's crazy how many of these players forget that they themselves were discriminated against in this way when they first joined, and that doesn't make it okay to do to the other new players.
fr, when I was a new player it was horrible; although I sidnt get called 'greenie', nobody really rped with me and it did take a long time for me to find my place; Hopefully at some point people will stop using it in this way :D

Users who are viewing this thread