Gregrp#0545
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
Est
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
N/A
DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes I do!
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Weekdays I'm on about 7-10, weekends 7-12 sometimes earlier depending on other events during the day.
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I have extremely limited knowledge about Shintoism except information related to the questions in this application. I can understand how this could seem like a weakness, but I am fully willing to learn and progress my knowledge of Shintoism with help from this faction and on my own if I need to learn something to help with this role, I am willing to commit the time needed to understand it fully.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I believe my willingness to learn more and the fact I have never been in a faction before but still commit copious quantities of time to School Roleplay, I believe that after I join a faction the amount I dedicate will only go up. I also believe that some people that just apply for factions on multiple accounts will not dedicate the same amount of time to that faction or character as people that play on one account would. Because I mostly dedicate all my time to one account it would be more useful to have a player dedicated to one role than to have one player doing 2-3 different roles in different factions.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I understand and am fully willing to participate in any training to learn more about Shintoism!
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Natasha S. Zahkarov
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mrs.
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Engaged
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Korean/russian
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-124-5207
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
Myself and my Fiance would like to help the community to better their understanding of the Kami or gods by leading prayers and other opportunities to help them get closer to the Kami.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
It is a monastery devoted to the kami [also known as the japanese gods] It is there to help anyone with spiritual needs and keeping peace with the kami.
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Dear Monastery lead,
My name is Natasha S. Zahkarov. When I came to Karakura in my early teens I didn't really have much belief in any gods or religion. I always thought just leaving fate up to a god was an excuse to be lazy.

Although right after high school when I was struggling with college work and my job, I fell into a dark hole in my life. I started to try believing in kami, so I started going to the monastery trying to find a way out of that dark time in my life. Although it took time, I eventually was able to grow and become someone more dependable.

Since I had not already chosen a career, I decided to pursue my ability to help people grow their belief in the kami. Although my knowledge was limited, my passion to learn more was endless and so I decided to set my goals on becoming a maiden for the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.

Thank you,
Natasha S. Zahkarov

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Natasha was brought up in Busan, South Korea. Here is where she studied for many hours every single day with the help of various tutors, books, and at times just her own brain, learning Russian, Japanese, and Korean over the course of several years. Natasha always loved her school staff as a student because that is where she felt most at home. She really despised her life at home and always quarreled with her parents because of them forcing her to do things which she felt were impossible for her.

However, that struggle is what made her who she is today. Now that she is older and has made it through the difficult life of college studies, After college she fell down a dark hole and the only thing that brought light back to her was her belief in shintoism. When shintoism helped her get out of the dark hole in her life she vowed to help others with their beliefs. As life went on and she got older she decided to apply to the monastery to be a maiden.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The Priest's duties are to keep the relationship between the Kami and the worshiper, this is through offerings, meditation of the deity’s blessing to the parishioner, and evocation of the Kami. Priests officiate at all shrine events/ceremonies at the request or on behalf of the worshippers, they hold events like festivals for the new year, weddings or other similar things.

The Shrine Maidens have the duties of working at the gift shop, keeping the shrine clean, participating in weddings, festivals, and funerals, and even answering any questions that visitors may have to ask.
What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
You would first take the ladle, scooping the spring water out onto your hands, you would then set the ladle down and cup your hands together, dipping them into the well and washing out your mouth with the water, you would then spit the water onto the rocks beside you.
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
When making an offering to the Kami you would need to put the offering in the Saisen, If it's not yen you would place it to the side of the box. After you would step back and ring the bell behind you to invite in the Kami so she knows you're performing an offering.
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
You would start by placing the bowl on the tatami mat in front of you, With its front facing you. You would then pick it up with your right hand and place it on your left palm. You would then with your right hand turn it clockwise by around 90 degrees so the front is no longer facing you. After this you would drink the tea in a couple of sips and place it down on the tatami mat in front of you.
Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Kagura suzu is a set of twelve bells used in a kagura dance. A Tamagushi is an offering made from sakaki tree branches decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton. An Ofuda is a Talisman made out of a slip of paper, wood, cloth or metal.
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Inari Ōkami because they are the god of fertility, agriculture and general prosperity. My character would worship them because of the fact they feel family and having kids is a big part of adulthood.
───────────────────────────────────────

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, and after an incredibly tough decision, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app. The shrine faction is a great starting point if you've never been in a faction before, if you choose to apply again, elaborate on your answers to the questions!​

Users who are viewing this thread