mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

GuestGuest9 - Reporter Application (Incomplete)

GuestGuest9

Level 1
GuestGuest9
GuestGuest9
Omega+
(Before I start, this application is not complete! But rather than letting it go to waste I thought I might aswell submit it! As .. well what the heck applying is free at the end of the day. So here is what I got up to so far! Let me know if you do take some interest in it and want me to complete it which I will happily do so! Just .. well ran out of time before the Dec 1st deadline. Thanks for the taking the time to read this!)

OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

GuestGuest9

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:

Yes and yes! My username is themanharry.

List your timezone and country:

GMT+00:00 England

Describe your activity:

A lot of the other applications use a 0-10 so I’d describe myself as a solid 8. I’m currently on a very active streak, as of writing this I’ve been on for the past 12 days straight, each time playing upwards of 5 ish hours straight. I’m currently at university so of course I have a lot of spare time. I’m usually on at the evenings, from 6pm onwards often playing until 2-3am as that’s when player activity peaks and when most of my friends are on. Of course being at university sometimes I may need days off here and there but often I can spare an hour or two each day to atleast get my daily login bonus!

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

N/A

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:

Two reasons really. First is IC based, my character has always been of the curious type, over the past month especially has been doing a lot research into the supernatural, interviewing teachers, spending a lot of time in the library reading, and even going as far as the seek out and interview various spirits personally. It’s part of his nature. But in OOC I’ve been very active on SRP since the end of this years summer. I used to play a lot during COVID but dropped it. Now after returning, finally buying some roles and spending a lot of time online, I want to finally become part of something a bit bigger. And why reporter specifically? Well I frankly don’t see enough of you online! So I want to make seeing those annoying reporters around Karakura a much more common occurrence.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:

Well my love of roleplaying came from Wattpad really. I used to be one of those Wattpad role players. Yes I know. So I’ve good experience in detailRP as you had to convey all actions and emotions strictly through description, rather than in Minecraft where you can move and see things 3 dimensionally. During my time I did write a few books, usually just being a spur of the moment thing, never really finishing them. So I’d say I’m fairly confident on writing

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:

Yes I am aware.

Why should we accept you over others?:

Well I’ve seen a lot of character’s here specifically being over 30 years old, some nearing 50 years old. I want to introduce a character who’s young, around 25 years old (I would request him to be around 20 if I could! But I understand the rules). I want to introduce a character who’s regularly seen around the school, always looking for some new drama or mystery that has been emerged. Someone who mostly focuses on the school and any news there (Which is where most of the player base is, therefore bringing more attention to reporters themselves). But I do understand that this is a fair amount of ‘luck-of-the-draw’. So I’m hoping not only will you like my application, but also my OC Harry personally!

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)

I understand

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:

I believe so! Of course if there are good stories to write about!

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:

Well firstly, if I had a story I was actively investigation, life wouldn’t be too different for Harry! It would involved checking the school library, occasionally heading to the police station to view any police reports if applicable, interviewing some of the local populous in case they may have any information that’s needed. Anything at all could be a possible lead. Rumour or not, it’s worth investigating. On the other hand, if there was no story to be looking for, one method Harry may use is handing out leaflets. As I want to focus anything supernatural or school activities, or a combination of the two, this would involve buying books and handing them out at school gates, asking the lucky receivers if they had any stories or rumours that may he worth investigating, leaving his contact details too. Even if it might be a simple rumour about someone cheating on someone else, Harry would try his best to get to the bottom of it.
IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

“Harry H. Mochizuki”

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Current Age (25+):

“Well Harry is fine, but if you must, Mr Mochizuki will do”

Past job/work experience:

“Well, I’ve never really worked anywhere before. This is actually my first Job application!”

Degree/qualifications:

“I never actually got into college, I think I spent too much time running around ghost hunting … either way that’s how it is!”

Nationality and born location:

“Born and raised in good old Wales UK! But I moved here to Japan was I was 12 to live with my grandparents”

Phone Number: 030-

“I think it’s … 030-237-3572”

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:

“Ummmmm well, crap that’s already using up words ... well, I’d say I’m a friendly, curious and loyal guy, my 3 words of choice. I find myself able to speak to people extremely easily, getting onto their good side with ease. Of course, not for the wrong reasons. I find myself getting latched onto single things at a time too, not being able to let them go or move onto the next thing. And loyal well, know who deserves loyalty and respect. I know how to spot a friend or an enemy when I see one. Due to these facts, I already know a lot of people around Karakura which will surely make my job a whole lot easier.”

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:

“I’m fascinated by the supernatural! Last October was INSANE for the amount of- ... I-I mean … last October there was a lot of activity. Supernatural I mean. That really peaked my interest and I spent almost the whole month, every day, heading out into the woods, the cemetary, the abandoned railway stations, the shrines, any possible places I could research more into this phenomena. I even formed an unofficial club: The Karakura Paranormal Investigation Society or KPIS. I have about 5 members now, all of which at a single text message would have come to help me with the search! Now after the turn of November activity has gone cold, but not the search. I’ve been going to the library every day finding and reading new books that could help me. As for going out of my comfort zone, well just hunting for ghosts was dangerous enough, one of them writing their name in my journal in blood! And of course with all supernatural research, I’ll need to head to the most haunted locations that are avoided for a reason”

What are your expectations for the job?:

“My biggest expectation is access to more research! Hopefully if I’m around likeminded folks they may have some more ideas on the subject. They may have contacts, locations or even their own research that they’ve done. I understand I’ve spoken a lot about the supernatural and not much about my other role as a school based reporter but … well you can see where my interests lie!”

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:

“No no! Never been arrested or even around a crime to be honest. I did get fairly close to the powerplant once as I thought it was haunted but … well haunted by gang members weren't really the ghosts I was looking for”

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):

“Well I speak Japanese of course, Welsh too. And coming from Wales I know some English aswell!”

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.w

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying, but applications remain open even after a wave of individuals is accepted.

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread