Check out our in character Social Media

mc.roleplayhub.net

Loading status...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official [GUIDE] RESOURCE PACK ERRORS

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Aether117, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Aether117

Aether117 Australia Level 80

Local Time:
    12:58 PM
    Aether117
    Many people join the server and greatly enjoy it. However, there is always someone who will ask "how do I download the resource pack", or something along the lines of it. People usually answer to get OptiFine 1.13.2. Yes, this is the correct answer, some people may not know how to install OptiFine. This is a guide on exactly how to do it!

You need to have Java installed on your PC/Laptop if you want this to work.

Step 1 - Are you using the correct Minecraft launcher?:
    First things first. I've known a couple people who have used other Minecraft launchers, such as Curse (Found on the Twitch app), Technic, things like that. If you want to use OptiFine, you have to be using the official MC launcher from minecraft.net. If you do not use this launcher, OptiFine will not be able to install. Also, when following this tutorial, make sure your MC launcher is closed.

Step 2 - Make sure you've run 1.13.2 at least once!:
    Second things second. You have got to 100% make sure you've run the Minecraft version 1.13.2 at least once! This is very important. OptiFine cannot be successfully installed on the version you want it to without that version being run normally first.

Step 3 - Download OptiFine 1.13.2!:
    Third things third. If you want OptiFine, you obviously need to download it first! The .jar you need to download is very easy to get to. However, to spare you some time, here is the link to download. Simply click that button on your newly opened site, and voila! You now have the OptiFine .jar.

Step 4 - Run the .jar! It's not a mod!:
    Most people immediately think that OptiFine is a mod when they either see it's a .jar, or if they've just heard about it. It's not a mod! OptiFine is a special client for Minecraft that can really help with editing settings and giving you that sweet, sweet zoom. After you've downloaded the .jar, run it. You should get a window that looks like little bit like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.18.47.png
    When you get this window, you should be able to just click the "Install" button. The folder directory will more than likely be perfectly fine and it should be leading to your MC folder. Once you're happy, click the "Install" button.

Step 5 - Is it there?:
    Once OptiFine has fully installed, you are free to open your MC launcher. Once it has opened, you should be able to select a brand new profile called OptiFine. If it is not there, you can go ahead and make your own profile. OptiFine will appear as a version (where you would pick your MC version, 1.13.2, 1.14 etc.). It should be named something like "1.13.2-OptiFine_HD_U_E7". Select the version, and run your game.

That's all! The best way to test if OptiFine is working, is to go to Options>Video Settings. If Optifine is on, your Video settings menu should look like this:
    Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 21.31.19.png

I hope this Guide has helped you successfully install OptiFine. If it is installed and working, you are free to go onto SchoolRP and your resource pack should automatically download. (Make sure your SRP server settings have your resource packs enabled. (Multiplayer>Select your SRP server>Click the Edit button>Server Resource Packs: Enabled)) Once this is all done, your resource pack should load when you join the server!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. NoL1fe_H5H

NoL1fe_H5H Egypt Level 0

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    It doesnt work for me, i tried everything and it doesnt even work it gives me this

Attached Files:

3. greehn

greehn Canada Level 107

Local Time:
    10:58 PM
    greehn
    Go into your server resource packs folder, delete everything there, then log back in to srp.

4. NoL1fe_H5H

NoL1fe_H5H Egypt Level 0

Local Time:
    4:58 AM
    i have nothing in it already and i tried removing the folder and everything. i even redownloaded minecraft, it doesnt work still

5. greehn

greehn Canada Level 107

Local Time:
    10:58 PM
    greehn
    if you don't mind sharing your pc specs with me, i'd like to know if it could be your pc holding it back or maybe you just need to allocate more RAM.