vhst

DISCORD NAME & TAG:

gunnatheevil

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

EST UTC-5

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

Since my arrival at college i would log on at 4 or 5pm EST and spend thr resrt of my time until 10:30 since that is lightsout for the dorms, my current activity includes roleplaying and thats about it

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I would say i have a good understanding Shintoism since i have been a shrine worker before, And due to my character i have done more research on it recently so i would say i am good to go

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?:

I would stay i stand out due to my roleplay capabilities and the dynamic of my character, me and my brother are known for being a good pair for role-playing overall and with my character being a Samurai i think that would play a good part in the role aswell

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes

───────────────────────────────────────

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Kazuki Bushida

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Mr.Bushida

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:

Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:

Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:

N/A

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I am a warrior from a land that does not age, and with that its drawback is rhat i am not currently cultured with the current times of japan since i was born during the Hesei era where Samurai were in the process of being made illegal but still knowing this my father still taught me the ways of a samurai and a follower of the kamii, my motivation would not only be to educate young children on the Religion but to feel comfortable knowing that i am also on a land that does not age once again

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

At the time i am not welk educated on the history of your land for i have not studied it yet

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

[!] The letter was written with ink on an old peice of paper that looked like it was out of a fairy tale [!]

I am kazuki Bushida of the Busbida clan, Samurai of Shikoku Island, this letter is to inform you of my wishes to become a noble of the Monastery and my wished to ne a protector of them and its Honored one

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

My story? Well it is a bit complicated, I come from a long line of Samurai that were mainly based on Shikoku Island, the land that does not age and due to this thr culture has not aged with its motherland which is japan, therefor i would begin to be trained at the age of three to become a warrior and as every young warrior i started off with a bokken alongside my elder brother we grew up training nonstop and at the age of 8 and ten we started training with real katanas until we reached our adolescent ages we set out to be Vagabonds, traveling the land of japan and the islands that a born with it, we fought in wars, and killed to survive after s few years there would be bounties on our heads but regardless 9f the hundreds of men that were sent our way we never backed out of a fight and always won but as time passed and as i grew older i started to dislike the taking of a mans life, i started to feel guilty and it could be seen when ny blade was held by one who is not myself so i decided to never take another life of a living being i vowed to only draw my sword if i am forced to so i started to hate less, i decided having hate or having anyone such as enemies was something that i will not have i started to look at the world differently as i grew into my thirties as i traveled, i started to look at different perspectives of different people, especially those that are defined as good or evil to me those words mean nothing, there is neither good or evil, only the perspective of another, i understood that the only one who decides wether one is doing what they say is in the right is ones own self, so i decided to do the same instead of allowing people in power to start labeling anyone as good or evil, it is why i chose a lif eof peace instead, i prefer to forgive others and forget ones past, it i something you need to do in order to gain peace in ones self and ones mind and as i continued to live i followed these morals i created for myself, and i do not plan on changing it anytime soon. That is my story.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The shinshoku is to officiate at all shrine ceremonies on behalf of and at the request of worshippers as for the Maidens, A miko typically refers to as young female priests. For centuries, miko have performed kagura (sacred dances for entertaining and satisfying the Shinto deities), conducted exorcisms, practiced divinations, acted oracles.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

Before entering te shrine you will bow before the Torri before picking up the wooden ladle with your left hand, then you would begin pouring water onto your right hand, before switching hands and repeating the same after that you would pour water into your mouth spitting it onto the rocks below finishing that you would then titl the wooden ladle upwards allowing the remaining water to dazzle down and clean the ladle

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

There are many rituals that can be performed to the kami, but the most common one is,

One places 100 yen in the offering box and ringsbthe bell shortly after, once you done so you must bow twice before bringing your hands up to your chest clapping twice praying in your head or out loud keeping your eyes closed as you would bow again

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

The tea bowl is placed onto the tatami mat in front of you, with its front facing you. Pick it up with your right hand and place it on your left palm. With your right hand, turn it clockwise by around 90 degrees so that its front is not facing you anymore. Drink the tea in a few sips and place it back onto the tatami

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

Tamagushi 玉串, is a form of Shinto offering made from a sakaki-tree branch decorated with shide strips of washi paper, silk, or cotton. At Japanese weddings, funerals, miyamairi and other ceremonies at Shinto shrines, tamagushi are ritually presented to the kami (spirits or gods) by parishioners, shrine maidens or kannushi priests.

In Shinto and Buddhism in Japan, an ofuda お札/御札, honorific form of fuda, 'slip [of paper], card, plate') is a talisman made out of various materials such as paper, wood, cloth or metal. Ofuda are commonly found in both Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples and are considered to be imbued with the power of the deities or Buddhist figures revered therein. Such amulets are also called gofu 護符.

Kagura suzu are a set of twelve bells used in kagura dance. The set consists of three tiers of bells suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle: two bells on the top tier, four bells on the middle tier, and six bells for the bottom tier.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
:

Worship of Hachiman by the Samurai

───────────────────────────────────────​

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread